LU-MU [R]

anders t

Oct 16, 2021, 11:54:55 AM10/16/21
Well deserved win for Leicester.

Am I correct in assessing that Maguire is prime responsible for at least
three of Leicester's goals?

--
Manchester United FC - CHAMPIONS
Latest: England '13 (20th) Europa '17, UEFA '08, World '08

anders t

Oct 16, 2021, 12:07:43 PM10/16/21
SORRY, should of course be LC-MU...

Blueshirt

Oct 16, 2021, 12:23:39 PM10/16/21
On 16/10/2021 16:54, anders t wrote:
> Well deserved win for Leicester.
>
> Am I correct in assessing that Maguire is prime responsible for at least
> three of Leicester's goals?

I've always felt Maguire was overrated, he was definitely a bit sloppy
today... it was great game to watch though!

The real focus will be on Ole, he has a team full of stars but they play
like they don't know each other.

Al Kamista

Oct 17, 2021, 4:21:24 PM10/17/21
As much as I enjoy seeing MU falter, I always hope that they don't falter too hard because the board may just get fed up and fire Ole and actually hire a competent coach.

Ole is so out of his depth it's not even funny. Actually, it kinda is :-)

Blueshirt

Oct 17, 2021, 4:37:11 PM10/17/21
On 17/10/2021 21:21, Al Kamista wrote:
> On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 12:23:39 PM UTC-4, Blueshirt wrote:
>> On 16/10/2021 16:54, anders t wrote:
>>> Well deserved win for Leicester.
>>>
>>> Am I correct in assessing that Maguire is prime responsible for at least
>>> three of Leicester's goals?
>>
>> I've always felt Maguire was overrated, he was definitely a bit sloppy
>> today... it was a great game to watch though!
>>
>> The real focus will be on Ole, he has a team full of stars but they play
>> like they don't know each other.
>
> As much as I enjoy seeing MU falter, I always hope that they don't falter too hard because the board may just get fed up and fire Ole and actually hire a competent coach.

With *that* team, a decent Man Utd manager would indeed be dangerous...

> Ole is so out of his depth it's not even funny. Actually, it kinda is :-)

Ole may not be the next EPL manager to be sacked but there's only so
much underachieving the Man Utd board will put up with before they get
rid of him. A more ruthless board would have done it already.

Al Kamista

Oct 18, 2021, 8:48:04 AM10/18/21
On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 4:37:11 PM UTC-4, Blueshirt wrote:
> On 17/10/2021 21:21, Al Kamista wrote:

> >> I've always felt Maguire was overrated, he was definitely a bit sloppy
> >> today... it was a great game to watch though!
> >>
> >> The real focus will be on Ole, he has a team full of stars but they play
> >> like they don't know each other.
> >
> > As much as I enjoy seeing MU falter, I always hope that they don't falter too hard because the board may just get fed up and fire Ole and actually hire a competent coach.
> With *that* team, a decent Man Utd manager would indeed be dangerous...

Conte is available and wants to return to the EPL. If they got him, and with that squad (as you mention), I would be really worried.

> > Ole is so out of his depth it's not even funny. Actually, it kinda is :-)
> Ole may not be the next EPL manager to be sacked but there's only so
> much underachieving the Man Utd board will put up with before they get
> rid of him. A more ruthless board would have done it already.

They just gave him a 3 year contract extension this summer so they would look like total tits themselves if they fired him so early.

I think the tipping point would be if the fans turn on Ole. The Glazers are already on very shaky grounds with them and a few regular boos at Old Trafford would be very damaging for Ole.