CONCACAF WCQ [R]

MH

Oct 13, 2021, 8:42:45 PMOct 13
Watching Canada - Panama right now. 1-1 at Half time. Sloppy
defending early led to a Panama goal by Blackburn. Since then it has
been mostly Canada, with Panama distinctly rattled at times. We could
have had two penalties (one pretty obvious), and scored on an OG after a
sustained period of corners and free kicks. Tempo lagged a bit after
that. corners 8--1 Canada, shots similar.
As I right another plausible penalty claim and more chances for Canada.
Watch us lose this.

Elsewhere 2-1 USA Costa Rica
0-0 Honduras - Jamaica

MH

Oct 13, 2021, 9:07:16 PMOct 13
On 2021-10-13 18:42, MH wrote:
> Watching Canada - Panama right now.   1-1 at Half time.  Sloppy
> defending early led to a Panama goal by Blackburn.  Since then it has
> been mostly Canada, with Panama distinctly rattled at times.  We could
> have had two penalties (one pretty obvious), and scored on an OG after a
> sustained period of corners and free kicks.  Tempo lagged a bit after
> that.  corners 8--1 Canada, shots similar.
> As I right another plausible penalty claim and more chances for Canada.

> Watch us lose this.

2-1 Davies, fantastic sprint, though the ball just might have been out.
Linesman was right there and gesticulated that it was not. Nice fake
and a shot into the near corner. Davies covered about 80 yards on this
play. Man he is quick.

3-1 Buchanan, well placed header from a Laryea cross.

So far so good....

MH

Oct 13, 2021, 9:08:59 PMOct 13
Jamaica up 1-0 at halftime.

MH

Oct 13, 2021, 9:15:44 PMOct 13
4-1 Jonathan David, assist Davies. His 17th for Canada in something
like 22 games

Davies and David now off to standing ovations

Commentators waxing hyperbolic, saying David has more goals in ligue 1
than Messi Mbappe and Neymar combined. That is a dowside to our success,
annoying biased commentators getting far too carried away.

Raja Nadar

Oct 13, 2021, 9:28:52 PMOct 13
Canada looks good. Of all the CONCACAF teams Mexico and Canada look the best so far. Costa Rica is SHITE this time. USA is average.

Michael Falkner

Oct 13, 2021, 10:02:55 PMOct 13
USA gets a 2-1 win over Costa Rica.

JAM 2-0 HON just ended.

Canada with a huge 4-1 win over Panama at home -- that's what I'm talking about, Canadians, about taking care of business at home.

El Salvador and Mexico go off tonight.

MEX 11 pts +5 GD game in hand at El Salador tonight
USA 11 pts +5 GD
CAN 10 pts +6 GD
----
PAN 8 pts 0 GD
----
CRC 6 pts -1 GD
SLV 5 pts -3 GD game in hand home vs. Mexico tonight
JAM 5 pts -4 GD
HON 3 pts -8 GD

This is Round 6 of 14.

Next is mid-November.

Mike

Michael Falkner

Oct 13, 2021, 11:59:50 PMOct 13
10 on 10 in El Salvador -- each team gets a second-half sending off in separate incidents.

Really have to get control of the crowds -- aluminum cans were being thrown at Mexican players taking corners, over riot police.

Stoppage time penalty secures the three for Mexico in El Salvador.

Stop the match, CONCACAF. Laser pointer, lots of objects being thrown on the 2-0 penalty.

SLV 0-2 MEX FT

MEX 14 pts +7 GD
USA 11 pts +5 GD
CAN 10 pts +6 GD