Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 49 Cup Quarterfinals

Futbolmetrix

Jan 17, 2022, 7:08:53 AM1/17/22
What to do
-----------

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
on its side.

*Home*
- Before Wednesday 2022-01-12, 11:59 GMT
- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
teams) and before kickoff of the first match
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
any team, you have free choice)
- Their opponents will represent your opponent

(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home
player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a
team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Fixtures
--------

Werner Pichler - MH
Levante 1 - Cadiz X2
Cagliari 1X - Fiorentina X2

Jesus Petry - ixion martin
Real Sociedad 1 - Getafe X2
Empoli 1X - Roma 2

milivella - Jesper Lauridsen
Leeds 1 - Newcastle United X2
Freiburg 1 - Stuttgart X2

The Doctor - Futbolmetrix
Manchester United 1 - West Ham X2
Hoffenheim 1X - Dortmund 2

Mark and Jackson get a bye to the Repechage Round

Results and fixtures
--------------------
* = qualifies

Play In
----------------
(2022.01.15-16)
PI1: MH 1 - 0 Mark (Metz X2-Reims 1)
PI2: Jackson 1 - 3 Futbolmetrix (Montpellier X2-Strasbourg 1)

Quarterfinals (2022.01.22-23)
----------------

QF1
1. Werner Pichler
MH

QF2
4. Jesus Petry
5. ixion martin

QF3
3. milivella
6. Jesper Lauridsen

QF4
2. The Doctor
Futbolmetrix

Semifinal week (2022.01.29-30)
--------------
SF1: Winner of QF1 - Winner of QF2
SF2: Winner of QF4 - Winner of QF3

RR1: Loser of QF1 - Loser of QF2
RR2: Loser of QF3 - Loser of PI2
RR3: Loser of QF4 - Loser of PI1

Final week (2022.01.05-06)
-----------
F1: Winner of SF1 - Winner of SF2

3P1: Loser of SF1 - Second best winner of RR
3P2: Loser of SF2 - Best winner of RR

7P1: Third best winner of RR - 3rd best loser of RR
7P2: Best loser of RR - 2nd best loser of RR

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2022, 11:07:55 AM1/17/22
In article <de6f888d-0343-4936...@googlegroups.com>,
West Ham and dortmund.
Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England Beware https://mindspring.com

Jesus Petry

Jan 17, 2022, 11:28:27 AM1/17/22
Em segunda-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2022 às 09:08:53 UTC-3, Futbolmetrix escreveu:

> Jesus Petry - ixion martin
> Real Sociedad 1 - Getafe X2
> Empoli 1X - Roma 2

1. Real Sociedad
2. Roma

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

Futbolmetrix

Jan 17, 2022, 5:11:19 PM1/17/22
On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 6:07:55 PM UTC+2, The Doctor wrote:
> >The Doctor - Futbolmetrix
> >Manchester United 1 - West Ham X2
> >Hoffenheim 1X - Dortmund 2
> >
> West Ham and dortmund.

Hoffenheim

Werner Pichler

Jan 18, 2022, 3:07:39 AM1/18/22
On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 1:08:53 PM UTC+1, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> What to do
> -----------
>
> Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
> remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
> on its side.
>
> *Home*
> - Before Wednesday 2022-01-12, 11:59 GMT
> - Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference
>
> *Away*
> - After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
> teams) and before kickoff of the first match
> - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
> any team, you have free choice)
> - Their opponents will represent your opponent
>
> (If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home
> player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a
> team, teams are assigned randomly.)
>

> Fixtures
> --------
>
> Werner Pichler - MH
> Levante 1 - Cadiz X2
> Cagliari 1X - Fiorentina X2

So... what's happening exactly if Cagliari and Fiorentina draw?

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Jan 18, 2022, 7:02:43 AM1/18/22
On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 3:07:39 AM UTC-5, Werner Pichler wrote:

> > Werner Pichler - MH
> > Levante 1 - Cadiz X2
> > Cagliari 1X - Fiorentina X2
> So... what's happening exactly if Cagliari and Fiorentina draw?

Red cards fly, asteroid? Or maybe that was the right way to get from 10 players to a power of 2 -- if a draw happens both team advance?)

Ah well, unfortunately it was just a typo:

Werner Pichler - MH
Levante 1 - Cadiz X2
Cagliari 1X - Fiorentina 2

milivella

Jan 18, 2022, 9:05:48 PM1/18/22
Futbolmetrix:

> milivella - Jesper Lauridsen
> Leeds 1 - Newcastle United X2
> Freiburg 1 - Stuttgart X2

I pick
1. The Malicious Motivations
2. The Heartbreaking Means

Haha. Now let me be serious and use my sausage.
- Leeds: hey, they're the new milivella FC! Firpo, Meslier, Summerville,
and above all Raphinha. No amount of bad apples can spoil this crop.
- Newcastle: Longstaff and above all Saint-Maximin. Not bad.
- Freiburg: 2 * Futbolmetrix + 1 * Alberto = baaad.
- Stuttgart: 1 * Jackson = bad.

So I pick:
1. Leeds
2. Stuttgart

May the most shining* one win.

* I have recently discovered that Catania has the most hours of sunshine
of any city in Europe.

--
Cheers
milivella

ixion martin - GdBx

Jan 19, 2022, 7:02:34 PM1/19/22
Dans son message précédent, Jesus Petry a écrit :
Empoli.

--
Ixion
La VAR est une technologie qui a été mise

Werner Pichler

Jan 19, 2022, 9:24:41 PM1/19/22
1. Fiorentina
2. Levante

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Jan 19, 2022, 11:57:31 PM1/19/22
Cádiz !

> Ciao,
> Werner

Jesper Lauridsen

Jan 21, 2022, 7:31:53 PM1/21/22
On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 03:05:48 UTC+1, milivella wrote:
> Futbolmetrix:
> > milivella - Jesper Lauridsen
> > Leeds 1 - Newcastle United X2
> > Freiburg 1 - Stuttgart X2
>
> So I pick:
> 1. Leeds
> 2. Stuttgart

Günter Eggestein.

Futbolmetrix

Jan 23, 2022, 5:59:05 PM1/23/22
On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 7:31:53 PM UTC-5, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

> > So I pick:
> > 1. Leeds
> > 2. Stuttgart
> Günter Eggestein.

Yay!

QF results:

Werner Pichler 0 - 2 MH (Levante 1-Cadiz X2)
Jesus Petry 4 - 2 ixion martin (Roma 2-Empoli 1X)
milivella 0 - 2 Jesper Lauridsen (Stuttgart X2-Freiburg 1)
The Doctor 3 - 2 Futbolmetrix (Dortmund 2-Hoffenheim 1X)

Results and fixtures
--------------------
* = qualifies

Play In
----------------
(2022.01.15-16)
PI1: MH 1 - 0 Mark (Metz X2-Reims 1)
PI2: Jackson 1 - 3 Futbolmetrix (Montpellier X2-Strasbourg 1)

Quarterfinals (2022.01.22-23)
----------------

QF1: Werner Pichler 0 - 2 MH (Levante 1-Cadiz X2)
QF2: Jesus Petry 4 - 2 ixion martin (Roma 2-Empoli 1X)
QF3: milivella 0 - 2 Jesper Lauridsen (Stuttgart X2-Freiburg 1)
QF4: The Doctor 3 - 2 Futbolmetrix (Dortmund 2-Hoffenheim 1X)

Semifinal week (2022.01.29-30)
--------------
SF1: MH - Jesus Petry
SF2: The Doctor - Jesper Lauridsen

RR1: Werner Pichler - ixion martin
RR2: milivella - Jackson
RR3: Futbolmetrix - Mark

The Doctor

Jan 23, 2022, 6:14:57 PM1/23/22
In article <325e9e05-6265-4e75...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

>RR1: Werner Pichler - ixion martin
>RR2: milivella - Jackson
>RR3: Futbolmetrix - Mark
>

>Final week (2022.01.05-06)
>-----------
>F1: Winner of SF1 - Winner of SF2
>
>3P1: Loser of SF1 - Second best winner of RR
>3P2: Loser of SF2 - Best winner of RR
>
>7P1: Third best winner of RR - 3rd best loser of RR
>7P2: Best loser of RR - 2nd best loser of RR

milivella

Jan 28, 2022, 8:40:01 PM1/28/22
Futbolmetrix:

> On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 7:31:53 PM UTC-5, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
>
>>> So I pick:
>>> 1. Leeds
>>> 2. Stuttgart
>> Günter Eggestein.
>
> Yay!
>
> QF results:

Someone lend me a pair of sunglasses so I can look at such a shining
example of neutrality!