State of RSS

Al Kamista

Jan 3, 2022, 7:53:50 AM1/3/22
Using Ammammata's periodically posted annual stats, the top 20 posters totaled the following number of posts in the years below:

2016: 10,861
2018: 9,527
2021: 6,256

Couldn't find other years, but seem to be losing somewhere between 800-1000 post a year.

Mark

Jan 3, 2022, 11:47:10 AM1/3/22
Usenet is dying. The internet lives.

The Doctor

Jan 3, 2022, 12:33:23 PM1/3/22
In article <25336cc7-e58d-4034...@googlegroups.com>,
The propaganda machine is trying to kill usenet.

Denying the propaganda machine victory!
Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England Beware https://mindspring.com

Real Mardin

Jan 3, 2022, 1:13:41 PM1/3/22
On Monday, January 3, 2022 at 12:53:50 PM UTC, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:
At that rate we'll be extinct by 2028! :(

All jokes aside, is now the time for some sort of recruitment drive? Perhaps time to promote the group places online which might attract some more discerning posters? Perhaps the run up to the 2022 World Cup could be a good opportunity to attract some new people?

Or if anyone has any contacts they feel might make good contributors, is now the time to reach out and ask if they'd like to join?

Note to Binder - that does NOT include Mr Lillywhite! (joke, I'm sure he'd be a fine rss'er!)

RM

Al Kamista

Jan 5, 2022, 2:34:57 AM1/5/22
Even so, RSS has been quite resilient, compared to other formerly high traffic groups.

Jay Kat

Jan 5, 2022, 3:51:34 PM1/5/22
How do we revive IO? Don't let usenet die to the machines!

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2022, 7:51:29 PM1/5/22
In article <0690427e-a732-4ccb...@googlegroups.com>,
Get a few people nack!