Ajax

Al Kamista

Sep 25, 2021, 2:47:53 PM9/25/21
Don't look now but Ajax has the third highest SPI in Europe on 538, ahead of LFC and Chelsea!

Another golden generation coming up?

Werner Pichler

Sep 25, 2021, 7:13:52 PM9/25/21
On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 8:47:53 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Don't look now but Ajax has the third highest SPI in Europe on 538, ahead of LFC and Chelsea!

I thought you held SPI in very low opinion?

> Another golden generation coming up?

I believe it's more that their squad is currently a better mix between experience
(Tadić, Haller, Berghuis, Blind) and great young talents than it used to be in many
a past season. Also, perhaps Corona is helping them to keep players like Gravenberch
and Antony a little longer at the club than usual.

Ciao,
Werner

Al Kamista

Sep 26, 2021, 8:06:26 AM9/26/21
On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 7:13:52 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 8:47:53 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Don't look now but Ajax has the third highest SPI in Europe on 538, ahead of LFC and Chelsea!
> I thought you held SPI in very low opinion?

Not low opinion, but it's certainly got its flaws, as acknowledged by its own creators.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 26, 2021, 10:39:26 AM9/26/21
On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 8:06:26 AM UTC-4, alka... wrote:

> Not low opinion, but it's certainly got its flaws, as acknowledged by its own creators.

For what it's worth, in the year they came within seconds of the CL final (with De Jong, De Ligt, van de Beek, Ziyech and most of the same squad as today), 538 also rated them insanely high.

Al Kamista

Oct 19, 2021, 5:01:23 PM10/19/21
Ajax 4-0 Dortmund

They mean bidniz.