Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 48 Match Day 5

Futbolmetrix

Oct 3, 2021, 11:13:31 PMOct 3
Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 48 - League (ANY) Matchday 5 (2021-10-09 and 2021-10-10)

What to do
-----------

If you don't play in Tier 3, you can also cast your vote for Lassie's pick!

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?

*Home*
- Before the end of Wednesday (= before 2021-10-06, 23:59 GMT)
=- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
=- After the beginning of Thursday, (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday, 2021-10-09
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice; if she is Lassie and there is a tie, diregard the last vote)
=- their opponents will represent your opponent

(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Fixtures
--------

Tier 1

Mark - Futbolmetrix
Boca Juniors - Lanus
NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami

Werner Pichler - ixion martin
Patronato - Racing Club
Minnesota - Colorado

Tier 2

Jackson - milivella
Boca Juniors - Lanus
NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami

Jesus Petry - The Doctor
Patronato - Racing Club
Minnesota - Colorado

Tier 3

MH - Lassie
Boca Juniors - Lanus
NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami

Homer Simpson - Jesper Lauridsen
Patronato - Racing Club
Minnesota - Colorado

The Doctor

Oct 3, 2021, 11:32:16 PMOct 3
In article <00b33fe1-99d7-4a99...@googlegroups.com>,
1 v 2 .

Oh! OH!!

>Tier 3
>
>MH - Lassie
> Boca Juniors - Lanus
> NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami
>
>Homer Simpson - Jesper Lauridsen
> Patronato - Racing Club
> Minnesota - Colorado

Alberta on 18 Oct vote no to the referenda and stop the UCP/CPC and NDP municipally! Beware https://mindspring.com

Jesus Petry

Oct 4, 2021, 8:29:55 AMOct 4
Em segunda-feira, 4 de outubro de 2021 às 00:13:31 UTC-3, Futbolmetrix escreveu:
> Jesus Petry - The Doctor
> Patronato - Racing Club
> Minnesota - Colorado

1. Colorado!
2. Racing

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

The Doctor

Oct 4, 2021, 10:17:14 AMOct 4
In article <48f760fb-4e29-433a...@googlegroups.com>,
Patronato!

MH

Oct 4, 2021, 3:27:41 PMOct 4
No idea, especially with international games coming up and players maybe
away.
1. NY RB
2. Boca

Werner Pichler

Oct 4, 2021, 3:56:31 PMOct 4
On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 5:13:31 AM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 48 - League (ANY) Matchday 5 (2021-10-09 and 2021-10-10)
>
> What to do
> -----------
>
> If you don't play in Tier 3, you can also cast your vote for Lassie's pick!
>
> Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?
>
> *Home*
> - Before the end of Wednesday (= before 2021-10-06, 23:59 GMT)
> =- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference
>
> *Away*
> =- After the beginning of Thursday, (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday, 2021-10-09
> - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice; if she is Lassie and there is a tie, diregard the last vote)
> =- their opponents will represent your opponent
>
> (If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)
>
> Fixtures
> --------
>
> Tier 1
>
> Mark - Futbolmetrix
> Boca Juniors - Lanus
> NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami
>
> Werner Pichler - ixion martin
> Patronato - Racing Club
> Minnesota - Colorado

Aw crap, it's international break again.

1. Colorado
2. Patronato

Ciao,
Werner

ixion martin - GdBx

Oct 4, 2021, 4:32:13 PMOct 4
Werner Pichler écrivit en ce lundi :
Racing Club.

--
Ixion
En coupe d'Europe ou en sélection, quand on dit

Futbolmetrix

Oct 4, 2021, 5:36:29 PMOct 4
On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 3:27:41 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:
> > Tier 3
> >
> > MH - Lassie
> > Boca Juniors - Lanus
> > NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami
> No idea, especially with international games coming up and players maybe
> away.
> 1. NY RB
> 2. Boca

Lanus seems transplanted from the Austrian Bundesliga given how listless its logo and nickname are. That's a no for Lassie.
At least Inter Miami has something from the animal kingdom, so my vote for Lassie is the Herons.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 4, 2021, 6:42:57 PMOct 4
On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 11:13:31 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Homer Simpson - Jesper Lauridsen
> Patronato - Racing Club
> Minnesota - Colorado

Homer picks:
1. Minnesota
2. Patronato

Mark

Oct 5, 2021, 6:14:01 AMOct 5
On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 4:13:31 AM UTC+1, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 48 - League (ANY) Matchday 5 (2021-10-09 and 2021-10-10)
>
> What to do
> -----------
>
> If you don't play in Tier 3, you can also cast your vote for Lassie's pick!
>
> Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?
>
> *Home*
> - Before the end of Wednesday (= before 2021-10-06, 23:59 GMT)
> =- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference
>
> *Away*
> =- After the beginning of Thursday, (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday, 2021-10-09
> - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice; if she is Lassie and there is a tie, diregard the last vote)
> =- their opponents will represent your opponent
>
> (If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)
>
> Fixtures
> --------
>
> Tier 1
>
> Mark - Futbolmetrix
> Boca Juniors - Lanus
> NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami

Lanus
NY Red Bulls

Futbolmetrix

Oct 5, 2021, 6:22:16 AMOct 5
On Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 6:14:01 AM UTC-4, Mark wrote:

> > Mark - Futbolmetrix
> > Boca Juniors - Lanus
> > NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami
> Lanus
> NY Red Bulls

I usually don't let my allegiances determine who I pick in UPT, but Inter? And the Rotund One himself, Gonzalo Higuain?
No way, Jose.

It's the Genoese for me. Boca.

milivella

Oct 5, 2021, 3:34:30 PMOct 5
MH:

>> MH        -    Lassie
>>     Boca Juniors    -    Lanus
>>     NY Red Bulls    -    Inter Miami
>
> No idea, especially with international games coming up and players maybe
> away.
> 1. NY RB
> 2. Boca

Lassie, listen to me: you can't go wrong by picking Higuain. And Inter
Miami has two of them!

(I vote for Lassie to pick Inter Miami.)

--
Cheers
milivella

Jackson

Oct 5, 2021, 11:23:05 PMOct 5
1. New York Red Bulls
2. Boca Juniors

milivella

Oct 7, 2021, 9:39:48 PMOct 7
Jackson:

> 1. New York Red Bulls
> 2. Boca Juniors

Inter Miami.

I'm sorry Mr. Jackson, but Gonzalo Higuain will send you to the Shadow
Realm (i.e., the place someone calls tier 3).

--
Cheers
milivella

Jesper Lauridsen

Oct 8, 2021, 4:59:09 PMOct 8
Very Homer friendly match selection.

The academics.

Jesper Lauridsen

Oct 9, 2021, 5:26:45 PMOct 9
That's Homer dealt with. Still, I need a win on md 6, regardless of
what happens between Lassie and MH later tonight.

Jackson

Oct 9, 2021, 8:02:08 PMOct 9
HAHAHAHA, enjoy Tier 3, milivella!!!

Futbolmetrix

Oct 10, 2021, 6:43:45 AMOct 10
On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 8:02:08 PM UTC-4, Jackson wrote:

> HAHAHAHA, enjoy Tier 3, milivella!!!

Very nice of everybody to pick Saturday matches, so we can go ahead and post the results already:

Tier 1
----
Mark 2 - 4 Futbolmetrix (Lanus - Boca Juniors)
Werner Pichler 1 - 2 ixion martin (Patronato - Racing Club)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
8 5 9 4 5 5 Werner Pichler
8 5 13 9 4 4 Futbolmetrix
6 5 8 11 -3 5 Mark
5 5 5 11 -6 5 ixion martin

Without the comfort of the Austrian Bundesliga, Werner slips up, but maintains first place by the slimmest of margins.
Everything nicely set up for a Match Day 6 showdown, with two direct matchups to decide the title and relegation. Maybe the benevolent and fair gamemaster should keep on picking matches from the Western Hemisphere?

Tier 2
----
Jackson 1 - 0 milivella (NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami)
Jesus Petry 2 - 1 The Doctor (Racing Club - Patronato)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
9 5 9 7 2 5 Jesus Petry
8 5 5 4 1 5 Jackson
5 5 9 7 2 4 The Doctor
5 5 5 10 -5 5 milivella

Very tight race here as well. We will have an interesting final round with the promotion contenders fighting the relegation battlers (milivella-Jesus and Doc-Jackson). In theory Jackson could still go down.

Tier 3
----
MH 1 - 0 Lassie (NY Red Bulls - Inter Miami)
Homer Simpson 1 - 2 Jesper Lauridsen (Patronato - Racing Club)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
10 5 8 2 6 5 MH
8 5 10 6 4 4 Jesper Lauridsen
6 5 6 8 -2 5 Homer Simpson
4 5 5 13 -8 5 Lassie

Same set-up as in Tier 1. Jesper hosts MH for promotion to Tier 2, the bots fight it out to avoid the wooden spoon.

Match Day 6 thread to follow.

milivella

Oct 12, 2021, 6:07:41 PMOct 12
Jackson:

> HAHAHAHA, enjoy Tier 3, milivella!!!

All good redemption stories start from the bottom...

--
Cheers
milivella

milivella

Oct 12, 2021, 6:12:39 PMOct 12
Futbolmetrix:

> On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 8:02:08 PM UTC-4, Jackson wrote:
>
>> HAHAHAHA, enjoy Tier 3, milivella!!!
>
> Very nice of everybody to pick Saturday matches, so we can go ahead and post the results already:

I see what you did there, but you know what? Tier 3 rhymes with cycle 3,
so every time you'll post an UPT matchday, you'll be reminded of that
other thing...

> 5 5 5 11 -6 5 ixion martin
> 5 5 5 10 -5 5 milivella
> 4 5 5 13 -8 5 Lassie

Does the best fourth-placed player get an award?

--
Cheers
milivella