Bundesliga 22/23 wk 25

Jesper Lauridsen

Mar 16, 2023, 6:12:47 PM3/16/23
Fri
Gladbach - Werder
Homer pick. 2-1

Sat
Bochum - Leipzig
Need to prove a point? 0-2

Stuttgart - Wolfsburg
Bruno needs a win. -1

Augsburg - Schalke
Schalke undefeated in the Rückrunde. 1-1

Hoffenheim - Hertha
Hoff so bad it almost makes sense to pick a Hertha away win. Almost. 2-1

Dortmund - Köln
BVB not the best team in the world after all? 3-0

Sun
Union - Frankfurt
The inferior Union. 1-1

Leverkusen - Bayern
Pretenders tired from midweek play. 1-3

Mainz - Freiburg
I predict there'll be less praise of Freiburg this round. 2-1

The Doctor

Mar 16, 2023, 6:50:27 PM3/16/23
In article <tv048s$1jku1$1...@dont-email.me>,
2 -2 and 50 red cards fly all games!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
In victory is defeat for the proud. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Mark

Mar 17, 2023, 3:36:14 AM3/17/23
On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 10:12:47 PM UTC, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

> Stuttgart - Wolfsburg
> Bruno needs a win. -1

You seem to have missed Stuttgart's score here.

Futbolmetrix

Mar 17, 2023, 7:52:47 AM3/17/23
On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 6:12:47 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> Fri
> Gladbach - Werder
> Homer pick. 2-1

Algorithm picks a draw: 1-1

> Sat
> Bochum - Leipzig

1-3

> Stuttgart - Wolfsburg

1-2

> Augsburg - Schalke
2-1

> Hoffenheim - Hertha

Algorithm says Hertha: 1-2

> Dortmund - Köln
2-1

> Sun
> Union - Frankfurt
2-1

> Leverkusen - Bayern
At the time I am making these predictions, there is about a one in six chance (more or less...can't be bothered to do the correct calculations) that Leverkusen is the best team in the world. I'll go with the remaining 5 in 6

1-2

> Mainz - Freiburg
> I predict there'll be less praise of Freiburg this round. 2-1

But they are still good enough to beat Mainz: 1-2

Futbolmetrix

Mar 17, 2023, 8:20:44 AM3/17/23
On Friday, March 17, 2023 at 7:52:47 AM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> > Leverkusen - Bayern
> At the time I am making these predictions, there is about a one in six chance (more or less...can't be bothered to do the correct calculations) that Leverkusen is the best team in the world. I'll go with the remaining 5 in 6

Pretenders.

Werner Pichler

Mar 17, 2023, 10:35:59 AM3/17/23
On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 11:12:47 PM UTC+1, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> Fri
> Gladbach - Werder
> Homer pick. 2-1

1-1

> Sat
> Bochum - Leipzig
> Need to prove a point? 0-2

0-3

> Stuttgart - Wolfsburg
> Bruno needs a win. -1

Minus one?
1-1

> Augsburg - Schalke
> Schalke undefeated in the Rückrunde. 1-1

They're not actually worse than their fellow promotees from Bremen, I think. 2-1

> Hoffenheim - Hertha
> Hoff so bad it almost makes sense to pick a Hertha away win. Almost. 2-1

I still don't quite understand what's going wrong with the Hoff. 2-2

> Dortmund - Köln
> BVB not the best team in the world after all? 3-0

But Köln are sinking like one of those metal airships Binder always talks about.
3-1

> Sun
> Union - Frankfurt
> The inferior Union. 1-1

It was a good run, but it had always been unsustainable.
1-2

> Leverkusen - Bayern
> Pretenders tired from midweek play. 1-3

0-2

> Mainz - Freiburg
> I predict there'll be less praise of Freiburg this round. 2-1

1-3

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Mar 17, 2023, 11:30:02 AM3/17/23
On 2023-03-16 16:12, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> Fri
> Gladbach - Werder
> Homer pick. 2-1

2-2

> Sat
> Bochum - Leipzig
> Need to prove a point? 0-2

1-2

> Stuttgart - Wolfsburg
> Bruno needs a win. -1

1-1

> Augsburg - Schalke
> Schalke undefeated in the Rückrunde. 1-1

1-2

> Hoffenheim - Hertha
> Hoff so bad it almost makes sense to pick a Hertha away win. Almost. 2-1

2-0

> Dortmund - Köln
> BVB not the best team in the world after all? 3-0

3-1

> Sun
> Union - Frankfurt
> The inferior Union. 1-1

1-3

> Leverkusen - Bayern
> Pretenders tired from midweek play. 1-3

0-3

> Mainz - Freiburg
> I predict there'll be less praise of Freiburg this round. 2-1

0-0

Binder Dundat

Mar 17, 2023, 12:44:27 PM3/17/23
On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 6:12:47 p.m. UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> Fri
> Gladbach - Werder
> Homer pick. 2-1

Ah, a Friday night/afternoon St Patrick's Day classic, break out the Bushmills and Guinness!

1-2

> Sat
> Bochum - Leipzig
> Need to prove a point? 0-2

No more Europe to worry about for Red Bull-or any of the Bundesliga teams- anymore,
1-3

> Stuttgart - Wolfsburg
> Bruno needs a win. -1

you seem to be getting down votes for criticizing Handsome Bruno. It is interesting that the two Striker hearthrobs of today are ex VW players-Vicotro Oshimen and of course cult hero Wout Weghorst.
2-2

> Augsburg - Schalke
> Schalke undefeated in the Rückrunde. 1-1

0-1

> Hoffenheim - Hertha
> Hoff so bad it almost makes sense to pick a Hertha away win. Almost. 2-1

What will happen to the Hoff if they get relegated, it could be messier than a floor burger on St patricks day eve.

1-1

> Dortmund - Köln
> BVB not the best team in the world after all? 3-0

Not saying they would have won, but hand ball calls today are ridiculous, totally ruined the game.
3-1

> Sun
> Union - Frankfurt
> The inferior Union. 1-1

Union was a team I excpected to get through this week, but they all crashed down like Lead Zeppelins. Frankfurt was never going to beat the future UCL champions.

1-2

> Leverkusen - Bayern
> Pretenders tired from midweek play. 1-3

Yet the Pretenders did actually make it. So did bayern but they wont get past the next round, so they may as well take this game seriously.
2-4

> Mainz - Freiburg
> I predict there'll be less praise of Freiburg this round. 2-1

I was not expecting Freiburg to beat JJ, but they have been crap lately.

2-2

Jesper Lauridsen

Mar 17, 2023, 7:11:23 PM3/17/23
On 2023-03-17, Werner Pichler <wpic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 11:12:47 PM UTC+1, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
>
>> Stuttgart - Wolfsburg
>> Bruno needs a win. -1
>
> Minus one?

Everyone's a critic. 2-1

Jesper Lauridsen

Mar 18, 2023, 12:49:11 PM3/18/23
FT
Gladbach - Werder 2-2
That late Werder goal seemed like a harmless bwahaha, until I saw that
everyone (else) had picked a draw.

Bochum - Leipzig 1-0
Well, Leipzig proved some kind of point.

Stuttgart - Wolfsburg 0-1
Should have stuck with -1.

Augsburg - Schalke 1-1
Hoffenheim - Hertha 3-1

MH 13
Jesper 12
FM 11
Doc 10
Werner 6
Binder 4

Jesper Lauridsen

Mar 19, 2023, 5:41:12 PM3/19/23
On 2023-03-17, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 6:12:47 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
>> Fri
>> Gladbach - Werder
>> Homer pick. 2-1
>
> Algorithm picks a draw: 1-1

Is that proper algorithm?

>> Leverkusen - Bayern
> At the time I am making these predictions, there is about a one in
> six chance (more or less...can't be bothered to do the correct
> calculations) that Leverkusen is the best team in the world.

Open draw, so one in seven, no?

Jesper Lauridsen

Mar 19, 2023, 5:41:12 PM3/19/23
Gladbach - Werder 2-2 (22)
Bochum - Leipzig 1-0 (3)
Stuttgart - Wolfsburg 0-1 (8)
Augsburg - Schalke 1-1 (14)
Hoffenheim - Hertha 3-1 (9)
Dortmund - Köln 6-1 (19)
Union - Frankfurt 2-0 (5)
Leverkusen - Bayern 2-1 (2)
Mainz - Freiburg 1-1 (15)

Terrible.

MH 21
FM 20
Jesper 16
Doc 16
Binder 13
Werner 11

Draw in Mainz pulls MH top.

Red Jersey
Jesper 524
FM 489
Werner 467
MH 460
Binder 361
Doc 323

Stage wins
FM 7
Jesper 5
MH 4
Binder 4
Werner 3
Doc 3

Rückrunde
FM 182
Jesper 176
Werner 129
MH 126
Binder 110
Doc 103

Binder Dundat

Mar 24, 2023, 7:49:47 AM3/24/23
What happens when you lose to the Pretenders? You get fired of course, proper!