Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 2

Futbolmetrix

Nov 26, 2023, 5:46:38 PM11/26/23
Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 - League CHI/BRA Match Day 3 (2023/12/2-3)

What to do
-----------

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?

*Home*
- Before Thursday (= before 2023/11/29, 23:59 GMT)
=- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
=- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday 2023/12/2
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice)
=- their opponents will represent your opponent

*ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team before his/her deadline, the home player will be
represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the away player can pick two teams (one from each match),
and he/she will be represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.

Fixtures
--------

Tier 1

milivella - Werner Pichler
Volendam - FC Zwolle
Sheffield Wednesday - Blackburn Rovers

Mark - MH
Heracles - Sparta Rotterdam
Plymouth Argyle - Stoke City

Tier 2

The Doctor - Jesper Lauridsen
Volendam - FC Zwolle
Sheffield Wednesday - Blackburn Rovers

Futbolmetrix - Jesus Petry
Heracles - Sparta Rotterdam
Plymouth Argyle - Stoke City

Futbolmetrix

Nov 26, 2023, 6:06:25 PM11/26/23
On Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 5:46:38 PM UTC-5, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Futbolmetrix - Jesus Petry
> Heracles - Sparta Rotterdam
> Plymouth Argyle - Stoke City

Heracles and Plymouth

Mark

Nov 28, 2023, 11:06:12 AM11/28/23
On Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 10:46:38 PM UTC, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Mark - MH
> Heracles - Sparta Rotterdam
> Plymouth Argyle - Stoke City

Sparta Rotterdam and Plymouth

MH

Nov 28, 2023, 12:02:43 PM11/28/23
Threads are disappearing again. I could see Mark's post but not the
orginal thread.

milivella

Nov 28, 2023, 1:12:04 PM11/28/23
Quoting it all in case it didn't appear in someone's newsreader.

Speaking of which... not posting the table with me on top is one thing, but posting the new matchday in such a way that I can't see it?! Futbolmetrix, you're almost becoming... too evil!

Anyway:
- I don't know, I guess PEC Zwolle
- Blackburn Rovers (sorry Arctic Monkeys, but SW are just too bad right now)

I have just one tip for you, Werner: you come at the king, you best not miss.

--
Cheers
milivella

Jesus Petry

Nov 28, 2023, 1:14:41 PM11/28/23
SPARTAAAAAA until it works.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

The Doctor

Nov 28, 2023, 1:14:49 PM11/28/23
So what do I face?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca

Futbolmetrix

Nov 28, 2023, 1:55:10 PM11/28/23
On Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 1:14:49 PM UTC-5, The Doctor wrote:

> So what do I face?

Futbolmetrix

Nov 28, 2023, 1:59:09 PM11/28/23
On Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 1:14:41 PM UTC-5, Jesus Petry wrote:

> SPARTAAAAAA until it works.

I'm waiting for the Heracles versus Ajax clash. That will put to rest all the "who is the greatest superhero, Batman or Superman?" debates.

(so, what is it with Dutch teams and their fondness for Greek-inspired names?)

MH

Nov 28, 2023, 5:17:40 PM11/28/23
On 2023-11-28 09:06, Mark wrote:
Stoke

Jesper Lauridsen

Nov 29, 2023, 2:50:22 PM11/29/23
On Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 10:46:38 PM UTC, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> The Doctor - Jesper Lauridsen
> Volendam - FC Zwolle
> Sheffield Wednesday - Blackburn Rovers

I await The Doctor.

The Doctor

Nov 29, 2023, 6:53:13 PM11/29/23
In article <uk84lq$vfj4$1...@dont-email.me>,
Rovers and Zwolle ,

Werner Pichler

Nov 30, 2023, 3:34:17 AM11/30/23
Volendam. SW are just too bad right now.

Ciao,
Werner

Jesper Lauridsen

Nov 30, 2023, 4:10:25 PM11/30/23
On 2023-11-29, The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <uk84lq$vfj4$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Jesper Lauridsen <uselastname...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 10:46:38 PM UTC, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>>>
>>> The Doctor - Jesper Lauridsen
>>> Volendam - FC Zwolle
>>> Sheffield Wednesday - Blackburn Rovers
>>
>>I await The Doctor.
>
> Rovers and Zwolle ,

The Blades are worthless, so Volendam it must be.

The Doctor

Nov 30, 2023, 4:45:27 PM11/30/23
In article <ukatns$1h298$1...@dont-email.me>,
Jesper Lauridsen <uselastname...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 2023-11-29, The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <uk84lq$vfj4$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Jesper Lauridsen <uselastname...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I await The Doctor.
>>
>> Rovers and Zwolle ,
>
>The Blades are worthless, so Volendam it must be.

Fun!

milivella

Dec 2, 2023, 9:35:06 PM12/2/23
Werner Pichler:

> On Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 7:12:04 PM UTC+1, milivella wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 11:46:38 PM UTC+1, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> > > milivella - Werner Pichler
> > > Volendam - FC Zwolle
> > > Sheffield Wednesday - Blackburn Rovers

> > Anyway:
> > - I don't know, I guess PEC Zwolle
> > - Blackburn Rovers (sorry Arctic Monkeys, but SW are just too bad right now)
> >
> > I have just one tip for you, Werner: you come at the king, you best not miss.
> Volendam. SW are just too bad right now.

Volendam 0-5 FC Zwolle
Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 Blackburn Rovers

Don't tell me I hadn't warned you...

Another one bites the dust! Who's next?

--
Cheers
milivella

Futbolmetrix

Dec 3, 2023, 10:22:42 AM12/3/23
On Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 5:46:38 PM UTC-5, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 - League CHI/BRA Match Day 3 (2023/12/2-3)

Results and standings:

Tier 1
----
milivella 5 - 0 Werner Pichler (FC Zwolle - Volendam)
Mark 2 - 1 MH (Plymouth Argyle - Stoke City)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
6 2 7 0 7 2 milivella
4 2 3 2 1 2 Mark
1 2 1 6 -5 2 Werner Pichler
0 2 1 4 -3 2 MH

Spammers, please do your job.

Tier 2
----
The Doctor 5 - 0 Jesper Lauridsen (FC Zwolle - Volendam)
Futbolmetrix 0 - 1 Jesus Petry (Heracles - Sparta Rotterdam)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
6 2 7 1 6 2 The Doctor
3 2 2 2 0 2 Jesus Petry
1 2 1 2 -1 2 Futbolmetrix
1 2 1 6 -5 2 Jesper Lauridsen

UPT sucks.

MD3 to be posted shortly.

Futbolmetrix

Dec 21, 2023, 3:02:09 PM12/21/23
Futbolmetrix wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 1:14:41 PM UTC-5, Jesus Petry wrote:

>> SPARTAAAAAA until it works.

> I'm waiting for the Heracles versus Ajax clash. That will put to rest all the "who is the greatest superhero, Batman or Superman?" debates.

And it came in the KNVB Beker, and was quite eventful. Heracles went up 2-0, Ajax pulled even with two goals in the last 10 minutes, and then this happened:

https://streamin.me/v/6f196650

So that settles it: Heracles > Ajax

Werner Pichler

Dec 21, 2023, 5:49:40 PM12/21/23
To be sure, that isn't Heracles Almelo, who play in the Eredivisie, but USV Hercules from Utrecht, who are a fourth-division team.

Jesus, Ajax's season has been an unmitigated disaster, hasn't it.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Dec 21, 2023, 6:31:16 PM12/21/23
Werner Pichler wrote:

> To be sure, that isn't Heracles Almelo, who play in the Eredivisie, but USV Hercules from Utrecht, who are a fourth-division team.

!!!

So, Roman demigods > Greek heroes

> Jesus, Ajax's season has been an unmitigated disaster, hasn't it.

They have sorta been able to get things back on track, no? 5th place in the Eredivisie, and through to the Conference League (their EL group was quite a difficult one)