DFB Pokal 23 R

Binder Dundat

Nov 1, 2023, 4:20:03 PM11/1/23
So what have we seen so far:

Leverkusen really is the hottest team in football and Union is the opposite of hottest.
Kaiserslautern would do no worse in the 1st div than Koln, probably better.
The Hoff can lose in low scoring matches.
Manuel Neuer is back.
It is early to say yet, but it's possible that Leroy Sane is actually improving?

Binder Dundat

Nov 1, 2023, 5:44:11 PM11/1/23
Maybe not

Saarbrucken would probably win the 1st div.

Werner Pichler

Nov 1, 2023, 6:01:57 PM11/1/23
20/21 2nd round Holstein Kiel 2-2 5-6 pen
21/22 2nd round Gladbach 0-5
22/23 Quarterfinals Freiburg 1-2
23/24 2nd round Saarbrücken 1-2

München, we have a cup problem?

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Nov 1, 2023, 6:30:52 PM11/1/23
Also, will Harry Kane ever win a title?

Ciao,
Werner

Al Kamista

Nov 2, 2023, 8:59:19 AM11/2/23
The funny thing is it's not even like Bayern fielded a reserve team. Neuer, Davies, Kim, De Ligt, Kimmich, Muller, and Sane all started, and Gnabry, Coman, and Musiala all came on in minute 60. Against a third tier team. Ouch.

Werner Pichler

Nov 2, 2023, 1:59:39 PM11/2/23
On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 10:44:11 PM UTC+1, Binder Dundat wrote:
Just six Bundesliga sides left in the competition after two rounds, compared to eight from 2. Bundesliga (+Saarbrücken/3. Liga and Homburg/Regionalliga).
Depending on the draw we could see a real surprise team in the revamped Europa League next year.

I for one would be up for a Hamburg v Homburg final.

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Nov 2, 2023, 6:28:43 PM11/2/23
Meat patties vs hats ?

> Ciao,
> Werner

Werner Pichler

Dec 6, 2023, 3:38:33 AM12/6/23
The other Hamburg put paid to that.

First four quarterfinalists: Kaiserslautern, Düsseldorf, St. Pauli, Mönchengladbach (god that was a boring match).

Today:
Saarbrücken v Frankfurt
Leverkusen v Paderborn
Hertha v HSV
Stuttgart v Dortmund

At least half the teams in the quarterfinals will be from the 2. Bundesliga (or below).

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Dec 6, 2023, 2:34:15 PM12/6/23
Looks like 5/8, with Bayer Leverkusen, Gladbach, and the winner of
Stuttgart- Dortmund probably quite happy about the situation.

> Ciao,
> Werner

Werner Pichler

Dec 6, 2023, 4:03:21 PM12/6/23
I figured this situation would provide the opportunity for excellent Pretending.

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Dec 6, 2023, 5:43:37 PM12/6/23
Daniele will enjoy this.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Dec 7, 2023, 1:55:25 PM12/7/23
On Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 5:43:37 PM UTC-5, Werner Pichler wrote:

> > Hertha v HSV
> Daniele will enjoy this.

Loved it! Heart emojis, heart emojis

Jesper Lauridsen

Dec 25, 2023, 10:07:22 AM12/25/23
On 06/12/2023 09.38, Werner Pichler wrote:

> First four quarterfinalists: Kaiserslautern, Düsseldorf, St. Pauli, Mönchengladbach (god that was a boring match).
>
> Today:
> Saarbrücken v Frankfurt
> Leverkusen v Paderborn
> Hertha v HSV
> Stuttgart v Dortmund
>
> At least half the teams in the quarterfinals will be from the 2. Bundesliga (or below).

Exactly half the teams in the semifinals will be 2. Bundesliga, one will
be Bundesliga, and then we'll see how Saarbrucken - Gladbach pans out
for the final spot.

Leverkusen is looking good for the double.

Binder Dundat

Feb 6, 2024, 7:48:49 PMFeb 6
The Bayer vs Stuttgart match I think finally erases the Pretenders
moniker from Leverkusen. Good match, I thought VfB were quite unlucky to
not win or at least get extra time, but this is not your Fathers Bayer
Leverkusen.

With Fortuna Dusseldorf and Kaiserslautern, this cup semi final kinda
has a late 70s early 80s feel about it.

Jesper Lauridsen

Feb 7, 2024, 2:41:21 PMFeb 7
Gladbach too scared to face the might of Saarbrücken and has flooded the
pitch. Match postponed.