Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 49 Match Day 6

Futbolmetrix

Jan 3, 2022, 6:47:29 PM1/3/22
Quick turnaround for MD6, but the deadlines stay the same! (lucky that some gamemasters don't enforce deadlines very tightly...)

Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 49 - League (TUR/ISR) Matchday 6 (2022-01-08 and 2022-01-09)

What to do
-----------

If you don't play in Tier 3, you can also cast your vote for Lassie's pick!

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?

*Home*
- Before the end of Wednesday (= before 2022-01-05, 23:59 GMT)
=- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
=- After the beginning of Thursday, (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday, 2022-01-08
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice; if she is Lassie and there is a tie, diregard the last vote)
=- their opponents will represent your opponent

(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Fixtures
--------

Tier 1

Werner Pichler - Futbolmetrix
Göztepe - Antalyaspor
Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv

Jesus Petry - Mark
Alanyaspor - Istanbul Başakşehir
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva

Tier 2

ixion martin - The Doctor
Göztepe - Antalyaspor
Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv

MH - Jackson
Alanyaspor - Istanbul Başakşehir
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva

Tier 3

milivella - Homer Simpson
Göztepe - Antalyaspor
Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv

Jesper Lauridsen - Lassie
Alanyaspor - Istanbul Başakşehir
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva

The Doctor

Jan 3, 2022, 7:08:46 PM1/3/22
In article <11dad405-97bf-469e...@googlegroups.com>,
Whenever Ixion.

>MH - Jackson
> Alanyaspor - Istanbul Başakşehir
> Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva
>

>Tier 3
>
>milivella - Homer Simpson
> Göztepe - Antalyaspor
> Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv
>
>Jesper Lauridsen - Lassie
> Alanyaspor - Istanbul Başakşehir
> Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva

Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England Beware https://mindspring.com

milivella

Jan 3, 2022, 7:41:33 PM1/3/22
Futbolmetrix:

> Quick turnaround for MD6, but the deadlines stay the same! (lucky that some gamemasters don't enforce deadlines very tightly...)

Doing your job sloppily is one thing, but taking pride in doing it...

(but thanks for managing it!)

> milivella - Homer Simpson
> Göztepe - Antalyaspor
> Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv

Hopefully the gods of football gave me the chance to pick Mario Goetzepe.

And my second pick is Hapoel Haifa just to make it more probable that
Homer lets me pick my first pick...

(now let me grab my popcorn and watch the gamemaster do some magic trick
to have Homer pick Tel Aviv)

--
Cheers
milivella

Futbolmetrix

Jan 4, 2022, 1:37:43 AM1/4/22
On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 2:41:33 AM UTC+2, milivella wrote:
> Futbolmetrix:
> > Quick turnaround for MD6, but the deadlines stay the same! (lucky that some gamemasters don't enforce deadlines very tightly...)
> Doing your job sloppily is one thing, but taking pride in doing it...

You misspelled "benevolently"

> > milivella - Homer Simpson
> > Göztepe - Antalyaspor
> > Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv
> Hopefully the gods of football gave me the chance to pick Mario Goetzepe.
>
> And my second pick is Hapoel Haifa just to make it more probable that
> Homer lets me pick my first pick...
>
> (now let me grab my popcorn and watch the gamemaster do some magic trick
> to have Homer pick Tel Aviv)

Homer algorithm says:
Antalyaspor (15th place) versus Goztepe (19th): diff = +4
Hapoel Tel Aviv (3rd place) versus Hapoel Haifa (5th): diff = +2

Reluctantly, Homer picks Antalyaspor. Homer Algorithm sucks (of course, it was designed by some previous evil gamemaster...)

Jesper Lauridsen

Jan 4, 2022, 1:50:36 PM1/4/22
On 2022-01-03, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jesper Lauridsen - Lassie
> Alanyaspor - Istanbul Başakşehir
> Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva

1. Happy Beer Shower
2. FC Erdogan

MH

Jan 4, 2022, 4:16:09 PM1/4/22
Actually I think I designed it. Neither gamesmaster, nor evil.
Neutral chaotic, perhaps.

Werner Pichler

Jan 4, 2022, 5:20:52 PM1/4/22
On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 12:47:29 AM UTC+1, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Quick turnaround for MD6, but the deadlines stay the same! (lucky that some gamemasters don't enforce deadlines very tightly...)
>
> Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 49 - League (TUR/ISR) Matchday 6 (2022-01-08 and 2022-01-09)
>
> What to do
> -----------
>
> If you don't play in Tier 3, you can also cast your vote for Lassie's pick!
>
> Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?
>
> *Home*
> - Before the end of Wednesday (= before 2022-01-05, 23:59 GMT)
> =- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference
>
> *Away*
> =- After the beginning of Thursday, (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday, 2022-01-08
> - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice; if she is Lassie and there is a tie, diregard the last vote)
> =- their opponents will represent your opponent
>
> (If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)
>
> Fixtures
> --------
>
> Tier 1
>
> Werner Pichler - Futbolmetrix
> Göztepe - Antalyaspor
> Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv

Lap of honour

1. Antalya
2. Haifa Sharks

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Jan 5, 2022, 9:27:38 PM1/5/22

> Tier 2
>
> ixion martin - The Doctor
> Göztepe - Antalyaspor
> Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv
>
> MH - Jackson
> Alanyaspor - Istanbul Başakşehir
> Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva

1. Istanbul Başakşehir
2. Hapoel Beer Sheva

Futbolmetrix

Jan 6, 2022, 1:19:23 AM1/6/22
On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 8:50:36 PM UTC+2, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> On 2022-01-03, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> >
> > Jesper Lauridsen - Lassie
> > Alanyaspor - Istanbul Başakşehir
> > Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva
> 1. Happy Beer Shower
> 2. FC Erdogan

Alanyaspor does not look particularly attractive from Lassie's perspective, but I really can't see her picking Maccabi Tel Aviv.
My vote goes to the orange and green.

ixion martin - GdBx

Jan 6, 2022, 2:27:11 PM1/6/22
Futbolmetrix a formulé ce mardi :
I just receive the message yet :-/.
Tel Aviv & Antalyaspor.

Thanks Doctor for have waited.

--
Ixion
Paris sort piteusement de la Coupe d'Europe.

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2022, 6:12:53 PM1/6/22
In article <61d740a4$0$1337$426a...@news.free.fr>,
Haifa.

>--
>Ixion
>Paris sort piteusement de la Coupe d'Europe.
>Pas de doute, c'est bien un club Français

Jackson

Jan 6, 2022, 6:22:12 PM1/6/22
Maccabi Tel Aviv

Mark

Jan 7, 2022, 12:12:38 PM1/7/22
On Monday, January 3, 2022 at 11:47:29 PM UTC, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Jesus Petry - Mark
> Alanyaspor - Istanbul Başakşehir
> Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva

Hapoel Beer Sheva

Mark

Jan 7, 2022, 12:14:56 PM1/7/22
Now can you prove that you're not evil?

Futbolmetrix

Jan 7, 2022, 6:05:38 PM1/7/22
Hapoel Tel Aviv

Jesper Lauridsen

Jan 8, 2022, 11:22:32 AM1/8/22
On 2022-01-04, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 2:41:33 AM UTC+2, milivella wrote:
>> Futbolmetrix:
>> > milivella - Homer Simpson
>> > Göztepe - Antalyaspor
>> > Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv
>> Hopefully the gods of football gave me the chance to pick Mario Goetzepe.
>>
>> And my second pick is Hapoel Haifa just to make it more probable that
>> Homer lets me pick my first pick...
>>
>> (now let me grab my popcorn and watch the gamemaster do some magic trick
>> to have Homer pick Tel Aviv)
>
> Homer algorithm says:
> Antalyaspor (15th place) versus Goztepe (19th): diff = +4
> Hapoel Tel Aviv (3rd place) versus Hapoel Haifa (5th): diff = +2
>
> Reluctantly, Homer picks Antalyaspor.

Homer sucks. Stupid bot.

Futbolmetrix

Jan 8, 2022, 5:22:18 PM1/8/22
On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:22:32 PM UTC+2, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

> Homer sucks. Stupid bot.

Did I ever mention what a great city Tel Aviv is?
Hapoel and Maccabi both win, and FUPTFC continues its streak in Tier 1! Sorry milivella, our re-encounter will have to wait...

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2022, 7:16:42 PM1/8/22

Futbolmetrix

Jan 10, 2022, 2:00:54 AM1/10/22
On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 2:16:42 AM UTC+2, The Doctor wrote:

Match Day 6 results and standings:

Tier 1
----
Werner Pichler 0 - 2 Futbolmetrix (Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Jesus Petry 1 - 0 Mark (Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
13 6 10 5 5 6 Werner Pichler
12 6 8 5 3 5 Jesus Petry
5 6 6 10 -4 5 Futbolmetrix
3 6 7 11 -4 6 Mark

Salvezza! A disappointing season for FUPTFC, but we stay up another season, ready to challenge for the title in Season 50! FC Mark, hope to see you back in Tier 1 soon.

Congrats again to Werner for his title.

Tier 2
----
ixion martin 2 - 0 The Doctor (Hapoel Tel Aviv - Hapoel Haifa)
MH 0 - 1 Jackson (Hapoel Beer Sheva - Maccabi Tel Aviv)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
11 6 8 7 1 6 The Doctor
10 6 10 10 0 6 ixion martin
6 6 8 7 1 6 MH
6 6 9 11 -2 4 Jackson

The Doctor is back in Tier 1, Jackson falls short of the comeback and drops to Tier 3.

Tier 3
----
milivella 4 - 0 Homer Simpson (Göztepe - Antalyaspor)
Jesper Lauridsen 1 - 1 Lassie (Istanbul Başakşehir - Alanyaspor)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
13 6 13 7 6 5 milivella
10 6 10 6 4 6 Jesper Lauridsen
6 6 9 10 -1 6 Lassie
4 6 4 13 -9 5 Homer Simpson

Stupid Homer and his algorithm means that milivella gets promoted in emphatic fashion. One more season of Tier 3 for Jesper and the other two BOTs.

Mark

Jan 10, 2022, 11:24:02 AM1/10/22
On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 7:00:54 AM UTC, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 2:16:42 AM UTC+2, The Doctor wrote:
>
> Match Day 6 results and standings:
>
> Tier 1
> ----
> Werner Pichler 0 - 2 Futbolmetrix (Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv)
> Jesus Petry 1 - 0 Mark (Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva)
>

> Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
> 13 6 10 5 5 6 Werner Pichler
> 12 6 8 5 3 5 Jesus Petry
> 5 6 6 10 -4 5 Futbolmetrix
> 3 6 7 11 -4 6 Mark
>
> Salvezza! A disappointing season for FUPTFC, but we stay up another season, ready to challenge for the title in Season 50! FC Mark, hope to see you back in Tier 1 soon.

What's gone wrong?! 7 League Championships in 10 years in seasons 21-30, and yet now FC Mark can't even stay in Division 1!!

Jesus Petry

Jan 10, 2022, 12:41:57 PM1/10/22
Sorry for not picking! Appendicitis got in the way.
Fine, now.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 6:56:11 PM1/10/22
In article <764fdc5f-bba6-471b...@googlegroups.com>,
Ouch!!

Jackson

Jan 10, 2022, 11:32:46 PM1/10/22
Let the record show I was defeated by the opponent worthy of me: myself

milivella

Jan 11, 2022, 4:31:04 PM1/11/22
Futbolmetrix:

> Tier 1
> ----
> Werner Pichler 0 - 2 Futbolmetrix (Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Tel Aviv)
> Jesus Petry 1 - 0 Mark (Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Beer Sheva)
>

> Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
> 13 6 10 5 5 6 Werner Pichler
> 12 6 8 5 3 5 Jesus Petry
> 5 6 6 10 -4 5 Futbolmetrix
> 3 6 7 11 -4 6 Mark
>
> Salvezza! A disappointing season for FUPTFC, but we stay up another season, ready to challenge for the title in Season 50! FC Mark, hope to see you back in Tier 1 soon.

Et tu, Marke?!

Anyway, congratulations to Werner for winning and Jesus for putting up a
fight.

> Tier 2
> ----
> ixion martin 2 - 0 The Doctor (Hapoel Tel Aviv - Hapoel Haifa)
> MH 0 - 1 Jackson (Hapoel Beer Sheva - Maccabi Tel Aviv)
>

> Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
> 11 6 8 7 1 6 The Doctor
> 10 6 10 10 0 6 ixion martin
> 6 6 8 7 1 6 MH
> 6 6 9 11 -2 4 Jackson
>
> The Doctor is back in Tier 1

Congratulations! You know what you have to do next season.

> Jackson falls short of the comeback and drops to Tier 3.

Buh-bye!!! :)

> Tier 3
> ----
> milivella 4 - 0 Homer Simpson (Göztepe - Antalyaspor)
> Jesper Lauridsen 1 - 1 Lassie (Istanbul Başakşehir - Alanyaspor)
>

> Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
> 13 6 13 7 6 5 milivella
> 10 6 10 6 4 6 Jesper Lauridsen
> 6 6 9 10 -1 6 Lassie
> 4 6 4 13 -9 5 Homer Simpson
>
> Stupid Homer and his algorithm means that milivella gets promoted in emphatic fashion.

Goetze never disappoints! The comeback has begun.

> One more season of Tier 3 for Jesper and the other two BOTs.

You have been worthy opponents. See you in better places.

--
Cheers
milivella