Senate: Destroy All Girls

Scott Weintraub

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

I'm not absolutely positive that this is true, and I don't know if this has been
discussed before, but a friend just told me about some more controversy that Senate has
involved themselves in. He said that they're printing t-shirts with the words "Destroy
All Girl" on them and some major chain dropped them because people have become upset.
Now I don't know of any "major chain" that even carries Senate, so I don't know if this
actually means anything to them--and, considering Senate's status in the inline world,
I doubt that a move like this will hurt their sales, I doubt that anything (save for
hats with the letters 'KKK' on them) will ruin them anytime soon. All I know is that
if there are "Destroy All Girls" shirts out there, I'm the first in line (pun
intended). Anybody out there hear anything about this?

David Frenz

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

SportsMart pulled the stuff off the shelf, as was noted in todays Columbus
Dispatch

In article <5ltlk1$e...@dailyplanet.wam.umd.edu>, sco...@wam.umd.edu (Scott

Thomas Ducklow

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97
says...
Here in the midwest it seems to be the biggest thing since sliced
bread its been on the news the whole week. It first started with Galyans
dropping them then Oshmans and now Rolling Soles has dropped them. The
later one is all i care about because its a true skate shop. Its all
because on the back of the labels on some shirts neatly disguized in the
washing instructions it say "destroy all girls"......to tell the truth i
wasn't the least bit surprised considering this is senate and all the
legal problems they've been in....in the long run it only helps them by
giving them free advertisment. Before now nobody outside the skating
world gave a hoot what senate is now today at school i wear a senate
shirt and i get coments from everyone.

Brent Ducklow

Ho Shuhuang

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

fre...@osu.edu (David Frenz) wrote:

I just wanted you all to know, that it seems that this news is being
broadcasted across Amercia on CNN and local news stations!
It's getting pretty big and bad for Senate

>SportsMart pulled the stuff off the shelf, as was noted in todays Columbus
>Dispatch
>

>In article <5ltlk1$e...@dailyplanet.wam.umd.edu>, sco...@wam.umd.edu (Scott

>Weintraub) wrote:
>
>> I'm not absolutely positive that this is true, and I don't know if this has been

>> discussed before, but a friend just told me about some more controversy that Senate has

>> involved themselves in. He said that they're printing t-shirts with the words "Destroy
>> All Girl" on them and some major chain dropped them because people have become upset.
>> Now I don't know of any "major chain" that even carries Senate, so I don't know if this
>> actually means anything to them--and, considering Senate's status in the inline world,
>> I doubt that a move like this will hurt their sales, I doubt that anything (save for
>> hats with the letters 'KKK' on them) will ruin them anytime soon. All I know is that
>> if there are "Destroy All Girls" shirts out there, I'm the first in line (pun
>> intended). Anybody out there hear anything about this?

Uh. There's supposed to be a tag-line here, right?
Well, there ain't. Too bad.
======================
Visit these awesome sites!
http://home.pacific.net.sg/~hohuang/
http://home.pacific.net.sg/~hohuang/tool/skate.html
http://home.pacific.net.sg/~hohuang/spice/spice.htm
======================

Duke Nukem

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

In article <3383e833...@news.pacific.net.sg>,
shuh...@post1.com (Ho Shuhuang) wrote:

>fre...@osu.edu (David Frenz) wrote:
>
>I just wanted you all to know, that it seems that this news is being
>broadcasted across Amercia on CNN and local news stations!
>It's getting pretty big and bad for Senate
>
>>SportsMart pulled the stuff off the shelf, as was noted in todays Columbus
>>Dispatch

Yo! They got yanked from the Limited too. Ins't that a girls clothing
store? This doesn't surprise me. Like Jon W. said they are all fags at
Senate. Brooke is 100% homosexual. Verified at Niss Venice last yr when him
and B Smith got busted in bed together(no girls present). Arlo's got a c_ck
ring and has never been seen with a girl, yet only writes articles about
wackin off. FAG! Konoske is a Bi-sexual little bitch who's sister is a
human pin cushion for any walking stiff with a hard-on.
BS corporate ploys from Hyper suck & homo's who gargle balls blow, I'm out!
Stephen
Watch out for the RPG!

falc...@starnetinc.com

May 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/25/97

sco...@wam.umd.edu (Scott Weintraub) wrote:

:hats with the letters 'KKK' on them) will ruin them anytime soon. All I know is that

:if there are "Destroy All Girls" shirts out there, I'm the first in line (pun
:intended). Anybody out there hear anything about this?

I just read about this the other day. My impression was that the
slogan was the last line on the washing label, machine wash, tumble
dry, destroy all girls etc. A major sporting good store had removed
the line after complaints from customers. I have no opinion on subject
but did hear about it....

Kevin

ZIP9841

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

actually thia is publicity good for senate

Dieter Weiss

Jun 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/6/97

ZIP9841 (zip...@aol.com) wrote:
: actually thia is publicity good for senate

But there wasn't anything about it in the German news !
(TV, radio, newspaper)

--
,-~~-.___.
/ | ' \ It was dark and stormy night...

jonatho...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2019, 3:45:15 PM10/18/19
On Wednesday, May 21, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Scott Weintraub wrote:
> I'm not absolutely positive that this is true, and I don't know if this has been
> discussed before, but a friend just told me about some more controversy that Senate has
> involved themselves in. He said that they're printing t-shirts with the words "Destroy
> All Girl" on them and some major chain dropped them because people have become upset.
> Now I don't know of any "major chain" that even carries Senate, so I don't know if this
> actually means anything to them--and, considering Senate's status in the inline world,
> I doubt that a move like this will hurt their sales, I doubt that anything (save for
> hats with the letters 'KKK' on them) will ruin them anytime soon. All I know is that
> if there are "Destroy All Girls" shirts out there, I'm the first in line (pun
> intended). Anybody out there hear anything about this?

This really interested me, any of you have any new updates?

dmmcm...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2020, 10:44:26 PM4/21/20
Good luck on getting a reply to this considering it was started over 20 years ago.

Dylan

dmmcm...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2020, 10:45:45 PM4/21/20
Good luck on getting a reply to this considering it was last updated over 20 years ago.