UK native player claims American Football hits hardest

Chris Boyd

Feb 2, 2004, 4:16:12 AM2/2/04
Scott Couper of Glasgow and Wide Receiver for the Scottish Claymores
quoted from BBC Sport:

"Anyone who's ever watched an American football game will know the players
wear a lot of protective clothing.

People might think the contact involved with American football is similar
to rugby, but it's not - it's much harder.

Because of the padding and headgear the players can crash into each other
with incredible force - it's a bit like running into a brick wall."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/special_events/newsid_
3221000/3221089.stm

--
Chris Boyd
RSFC's 8 of Clubs

---
Want more? cboyd.blogspot.com
Still can't get enough? theu...@SPAM.IS.yahoo.SO.TRITE.com
---

The Green Phantom

Feb 2, 2004, 4:20:27 AM2/2/04
Chris Boyd wrote:

> Scott Couper of Glasgow and Wide Receiver for the Scottish Claymores
> quoted from BBC Sport:
>

> "Anyone who's ever watched an American football game will know the players
> wear a lot of protective clothing.
>
> People might think the contact involved with American football is similar
> to rugby, but it's not - it's much harder.
>
> Because of the padding and headgear the players can crash into each other
> with incredible force - it's a bit like running into a brick wall."

Who cares?

regards

The Green Phantom

--
"Boy, life takes a long time to live."
-- Steven Wright

The Green Phantom

Feb 2, 2004, 5:04:11 AM2/2/04
Chris Boyd wrote:

> Scott Couper of Glasgow and Wide Receiver for the Scottish Claymores
> quoted from BBC Sport:
>

> "Anyone who's ever watched an American football game will know the players
> wear a lot of protective clothing.
>
> People might think the contact involved with American football is similar
> to rugby, but it's not - it's much harder.
>
> Because of the padding and headgear the players can crash into each other
> with incredible force - it's a bit like running into a brick wall."
>

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/special_events/newsid_
> 3221000/3221089.stm

Who cares?

Regards

The Green Phantom

--
We'll try to cooperate fully with the IRS, because, as citizens, we feel
a strong patriotic duty not to go to jail.

Danish Moo Cow

Feb 2, 2004, 6:56:51 AM2/2/04
Chris Boyd wrote:
> Scott Couper of Glasgow and Wide Receiver for the Scottish Claymores
> quoted from BBC Sport:
>

> "Anyone who's ever watched an American football game will know the
> players wear a lot of protective clothing.
>
> People might think the contact involved with American football is
> similar to rugby, but it's not - it's much harder.
>
> Because of the padding and headgear the players can crash into each
> other with incredible force - it's a bit like running into a brick
> wall."
>

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/special_events/newsid_
> 3221000/3221089.stm

Gridiron players where pads... and so do women.

DMC.

Tom Enright

Feb 2, 2004, 12:00:30 PM2/2/04
I found Danish Moo Cow particularly disengaged when he wrote:

> Gridiron players where pads... and so do women.

Gridiron players wear helmets and padding...and so to F1 drivers,
paratroopers and construction workers. The amount of padding is
in direct relationship to the violence of the game, that's why
rugby players wear none.

-TOE

Lying Right-Wing Sycophant

> DMC.

JD

Feb 2, 2004, 10:46:04 PM2/2/04
Chris Boyd <theu...@ALREADY.yahoo.HAVE.ENOUGH.SPAM.com.THANKS> wrote in message news:<Xns9483214...@209.25.157.130>...

> Scott Couper of Glasgow and Wide Receiver for the Scottish Claymores
> quoted from BBC Sport:

Scott is a fag and you are a trolling fuckwit. Now begone.

Chris Boyd

Feb 3, 2004, 12:11:56 AM2/3/04
JD killed six kittens after typing this:

Unless your name is Gandalf The Wizardly you can't just POOF make
something go away.

~#Bluebird#~

Feb 3, 2004, 10:39:30 AM2/3/04

"Chris Boyd" <theu...@ALREADY.yahoo.HAVE.ENOUGH.SPAM.com.THANKS> wrote in
message news:Xns9483214...@209.25.157.130...
> Scott Couper of Glasgow and Wide Receiver for the Scottish Claymores
> quoted from BBC Sport:

I think the half time entertainment is better in american football though :)

US federal TV regulators have launched an inquiry into Janet Jackson's Super
Bowl performance, which left her more than a little exposed.
Jackson's right breast was seen by millions on TV after Justin Timberlake
pulled at her bodice in what was a planned "costume reveal" during a duet.

"It was not my intention that it go as far as it did," said Jackson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39809000/jpg/_39809929_janet_out_getty300
.jpg

JD

Feb 3, 2004, 5:18:30 PM2/3/04
Chris Boyd <theu...@ALREADY.yahoo.HAVE.ENOUGH.SPAM.com.THANKS> wrote in message news:<Xns9483EC0...@209.25.157.130>...

> JD killed six kittens after typing this:

And then fed them to those happysack playing peace loving vegan hippy freaks.

> > Chris Boyd <theu...@ALREADY.yahoo.HAVE.ENOUGH.SPAM.com.THANKS> wrote
> > in message news:<Xns9483214...@209.25.157.130>...
> >> Scott Couper of Glasgow and Wide Receiver for the Scottish Claymores
> >> quoted from BBC Sport:
> >
> > Scott is a fag and you are a trolling fuckwit. Now begone.
>

> Unless your name is Gandalf The Wizardly you can't just POOF make
> something go away.

Yes I can; you're a poof, plonk.

Chris Boyd

Feb 3, 2004, 5:26:58 PM2/3/04
JD killed six kittens after typing this:

> Chris Boyd <theu...@ALREADY.yahoo.HAVE.ENOUGH.SPAM.com.THANKS> wrote
> in message news:<Xns9483EC0...@209.25.157.130>...
>> JD killed six kittens after typing this:
>
> And then fed them to those happysack playing peace loving vegan hippy
> freaks.
>
>> > Chris Boyd <theu...@ALREADY.yahoo.HAVE.ENOUGH.SPAM.com.THANKS>
>> >
>> > Scott is a fag and you are a trolling fuckwit. Now begone.
>>

>> Unless your name is Gandalf The Wizardly you can't just POOF make
>> something go away.
>
> Yes I can; you're a poof, plonk.

I guess you won't see this then: you're still wrong.