Rugby is a 'no-body' sport

Axel Van Kampen

May 12, 2003, 1:11:18 PM5/12/03
Rugby must be equal to curling or dart on a world scale!

The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup (after
the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was fantastic!
It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.

http://live97.ihwc.net/english/index.ihwc

Icehockey, a game where skills are required (unlike your boofhead "sport").

Greig Blanchett

May 12, 2003, 1:53:03 PM5/12/03

Sorry mate, you've crossposted this to the rugby UNION newsgroup. I
imagine you meant it to go to the rugby LEAGUE newsgroup. And yes, the
rugby league "world cup" IS a back yard operation.

Axel Van Kampen

May 12, 2003, 2:08:45 PM5/12/03

"Greig Blanchett" <gre...@nzrfu.com> skrev i meddelandet

ANY Rugby sport is a back yard operation. Most of the world doesn't care
about rugby no matter which flavor it is.
Look at the US, Canada and Europe, Icehockey is THE No.1 winter sport!

Master of the Revels

May 12, 2003, 2:42:26 PM5/12/03
Axel Van Kampen wrote:

The annual Ice Hockey World Cup is of very little interest to anyone. Depending
on the stage that their NHL team is knocked out of the Stanley Cup play-offs, it
is only then that some top players, networks and interest switches to the
games. Typically the sides are made up of Junior players looking to parade
their talent to NHL scouts. The Scandinavians, Czechs & Slovaks take it in.
Canada just won it by the way, but everyone in the country is watching the
Ottawa Senators at the moment.

--
'At that level, rugby players aren't big drinkers, despite what people think.
The matches are too important. They're binge drinkers, where appropriate, but

-- Brian Moore, England Hooker

Phil.L

May 12, 2003, 3:10:48 PM5/12/03
Greig Blanchett wrote:
>> Sorry mate, you've crossposted this to the rugby UNION newsgroup. I
>> imagine you meant it to go to the rugby LEAGUE newsgroup. And yes,
>> the rugby league "world cup" IS a back yard operation.

Mwuaaahaahaa!
surely you jest?
Onion (kick & clap) is a crock of crap and is losing supporters everyday,
while on the other hand RL is gaining support (maybe the same people - who
knows) on a daily basis.
try reading up about the two codes before you make yourself look an arse.

Greig Blanchett

May 12, 2003, 3:35:33 PM5/12/03
On Mon, 12 May 2003 18:08:45 GMT, "Axel Van Kampen"
<spa...@bigpond.com> wrote:

[...]

>> Sorry mate, you've crossposted this to the rugby UNION newsgroup. I
>> imagine you meant it to go to the rugby LEAGUE newsgroup. And yes, the
>> rugby league "world cup" IS a back yard operation.
>
>ANY Rugby sport is a back yard operation. Most of the world doesn't care
>about rugby no matter which flavor it is.
>Look at the US, Canada and Europe, Icehockey is THE No.1 winter sport!

No, football is the no 1 winter sport in Europe. What passes for sport
in Canada and the US means diddley squat. Why is an Aussie so
interested in ice hockey? Are you a refugee?

Greig Blanchett

May 12, 2003, 3:39:13 PM5/12/03

Whatever. There's always one of you nongs prepared to bite, isn't
there? I take it all back. RL is fan-bloody-tastic. Now please just
forget about this before we get flooded with yet another cross-post
code pissing contest, there's a good chap.

Ian Stewart

May 12, 2003, 3:43:35 PM5/12/03
Axel Van Kampen wrote:

> Icehockey, a game where skills are required

Carn the Mighty Ducks.

Peter Ashford

May 12, 2003, 5:25:03 PM5/12/03

Wow, Trolls really are just the cleverist, aren't they?

Rugby is a small sport on the world stage... who gives a fuck? I'm sure
that people who play darts don't fret about whether their sport will
take over the world soon, and neither do I about Rugby. I like it, my
friends like it. I also like lots of other sports but in no case does
it matter how 'big' that sport is.

Moron.

Cheers!

Peter.

Richard Edlin

May 12, 2003, 5:27:14 PM5/12/03

"Greig Blanchett" <gre...@nzrfu.com> wrote in message

Agreed. It'd be very interesting to see which would "win" in a comparison
between non-association football and ice hockey. If you combine the English
Premiership, Heinekin Cup, English Superleague, French RU and RL rugby union
and league competitions, other UK RU comps, Gaelic football, Irish RU,
Italian RU, Russian RL (capable of attracting considerable crowds believe it
or not!), Aussie Rules, NRL, Bartercard Cup, NPC, NFL, Canadian Football,
College Football and various international competitions (Six nations, S12,
Rugby World Cup, RUWC, Tri-Nations (x2), Lions + 50 assorted test matches in
RU and RL, and the international version of AFL/Gaelic/Canadian football)
you'd have a pretty strong case for a much stronger non-"football" football
(don't think too hard about that) representation than ice hockey, which only
really seems to appeal if you've grown up in a country cold enough that the
only thing you've got to play on is ice. I Even then, I suspect curling is
easier to follow :-)

Having said all that, what does it really matter? We're all followers of
small sports compared to Association Football and frankly, I couldn't care
less about this. Judgements of the quality of a sport have much more to do
with our tastes and identity than any pissing contest about which is "best"
to watch.

Richard.

Phil.L

May 12, 2003, 5:58:37 PM5/12/03
Richard Edlin wrote:
>> Agreed. It'd be very interesting to see which would "win" in a
>> comparison between non-association football and ice hockey. If you
>> combine the English Premiership, Heinekin Cup, English Superleague,
>> French RU and RL rugby union and league competitions, other UK RU
>> comps, Gaelic football, Irish RU, Italian RU, Russian RL (capable of
>> attracting considerable crowds believe it or not!), Aussie Rules,
>> NRL, Bartercard Cup, NPC, NFL, Canadian Football, College Football
>> and various international competitions (Six nations, S12, Rugby
>> World Cup, RUWC, Tri-Nations (x2), Lions + 50 assorted test matches
>> in RU and RL, and the international version of AFL/Gaelic/Canadian
>> football) you'd have a pretty strong case for a much stronger
>> non-"football" football (don't think too hard about that)
>> representation than ice hockey, which only really seems to appeal if
>> you've grown up in a country cold enough that the only thing you've
>> got to play on is ice. I Even then, I suspect curling is easier to
>> follow :-)
>>
>> Having said all that, what does it really matter? We're all
>> followers of small sports compared to Association Football and
>> frankly, I couldn't care less about this. Judgements of the quality
>> of a sport have much more to do with our tastes and identity than
>> any pissing contest about which is "best" to watch.
>>
>> Richard.

agreed, we're naturally warm-blooded, who the hell wants to slide about on a
bit of ice anyway?
and more to the point, why?

Peter

May 12, 2003, 6:10:55 PM5/12/03
ice hockey - is that the sport with one tune?

"Peter Ashford" <m...@here.there.com> wrote in message

---

JD

May 12, 2003, 9:33:22 PM5/12/03
"Phil.L" <labtecd...@boltblue.com> wrote in message news:<YkSva.4300$KO.38...@news-text.cableinet.net>...

Plonk.

Axel Van Kampen

May 13, 2003, 4:33:17 AM5/13/03

"Master of the Revels" <masterof...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

> Axel Van Kampen wrote:
>
> > "Greig Blanchett" <gre...@nzrfu.com> skrev i meddelandet

> > fantastic!

> > "sport").
> > > >

> > > Sorry mate, you've crossposted this to the rugby UNION newsgroup. I
> > > imagine you meant it to go to the rugby LEAGUE newsgroup. And yes, the
> > > rugby league "world cup" IS a back yard operation.
> >
> > ANY Rugby sport is a back yard operation. Most of the world doesn't care
> > about rugby no matter which flavor it is.
> > Look at the US, Canada and Europe, Icehockey is THE No.1 winter sport!
>
> The annual Ice Hockey World Cup is of very little interest to anyone.

Nope. It is THE most important icehockey tournament in the world today.

Depending
> on the stage that their NHL team is knocked out of the Stanley Cup
play-offs, it
> is only then that some top players, networks and interest switches to the
> games. Typically the sides are made up of Junior players looking to
parade
> their talent to NHL scouts.

Incorrect! The juniors have their own tournáment.

The Scandinavians, Czechs & Slovaks take it in.
> Canada just won it by the way, but everyone in the country is watching the
> Ottawa Senators at the moment.

Everyone? Did you speak to 'everyone'?

You are clearly out of touch. Sadly.

Morrissey Breen

May 13, 2003, 4:41:05 AM5/13/03
A sad, deluded twit called "Phil.L" <labtecd...@boltblue.com>
unloaded on our friend Greig Blanchett in message
news:<YkSva.4300$KO.38...@news-text.cableinet.net> then went on to
slag off football...

> Onion (kick & clap) is a crock of crap and is losing supporters everyday,

Errrrrr... where? And shouldn't that be "kick and JUMP"?

> ....while on the other hand RL is gaining support (maybe the same people - who knows)
Well, let's just compare the situation in the cities where the Super
12 and the Numbskull Rasslin' League are in direct "competition": the
Super 12 KILLS the NRL in Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra and Auckland.
The NRL is a joke compared to the Super 12. Of course this "Phil.L"
is aware of that too. Hence the vehemence and bile in his post.

> on a daily basis.
Buwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! "On a daily basis", no less!

> try reading up about the two codes before you make yourself look an arse.

Ha! On this occasion, it is not Mr Blanchett who has made himself
look an arse.

"On a daily basis"...... snort, snigger....

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Richard Edlin

May 13, 2003, 4:57:20 AM5/13/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

LOL. Why then is there basically no coverage of it in comparison to the
Stanley cup, which I heard a very brief "filler" news item on yesterday? (at
2am)

Richard.

Bunny

May 13, 2003, 5:10:28 AM5/13/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
Hockey is a great game. It's particularly entertaining watching the Russians
and Swedes play because they tend to have larger playing surfaces on their
rinks in comparison to US/Canada, so their game is based on open play and
skill rather than the closed in play and brutality that the Americans &
Canadians lean towards. Hockey would be a much more popular sport if the NHL
could drag itself out of the 1940s and stop the World Wrestling
Federationesque staged fights all through every game. YAWN. As if the world
hasn't moved on since that sort of behaviour was a selling point.

Bunny

May 13, 2003, 5:15:32 AM5/13/03

Erasmus Dim-Quebec

May 13, 2003, 5:45:40 AM5/13/03
Welcome to my blocked sender list ,sit awhile take a look around.

person x

May 13, 2003, 5:57:45 AM5/13/03
How can I join this list?
"Erasmus Dim-Quebec" <pe...@odeauk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:b9qet4$3t4$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
Message has been deleted

dechucka

May 13, 2003, 6:53:39 AM5/13/03
Annual Ice Hockey World Cup is of very little interest to anyone.

> Nope. It is THE most important icehockey tournament in the world today.

So you agree it is of very little interest to most people

Nik O'Kiwi

May 13, 2003, 7:01:59 AM5/13/03
On Mon, 12 May 2003 17:11:18 GMT, "Axel Van Kampen"
<spa...@bigpond.com> wrote:

Said like a true ignoramous.

Nik

Nik O'Kiwi

May 13, 2003, 7:02:45 AM5/13/03
>> Sorry mate, you've crossposted this to the rugby UNION newsgroup. I
>> imagine you meant it to go to the rugby LEAGUE newsgroup. And yes, the
>> rugby league "world cup" IS a back yard operation.
>
>ANY Rugby sport is a back yard operation. Most of the world doesn't care
>about rugby no matter which flavor it is.
>Look at the US, Canada and Europe, Icehockey is THE No.1 winter sport!

Actually, soccer is.

Nik

Booked_moss

May 13, 2003, 8:46:48 AM5/13/03
Whats Ice Hockey?

Oh thats where grown men that are so soft they have to completly pad
themselves up.

Oh what skill it takes to ram someone into the side of the ice rink and
swing a stick to hit the puck. God now i know why i was not smart enough to
take up that sport.

Im in Europe guess what Ice Hockey is never on my TV, on the other hand
Rugby League is and quite often Rugby Union is too (when theres nothing else
i want to watch).

I would take the two above sports before Ice Hockey all the time.

I wonder if someone could check number of participants in Ice Hockey
compaired with the combined total of both codes of rugby (i suspect either
of them would beat ice hockey alone).

Axel Van Kampen

May 13, 2003, 8:50:17 AM5/13/03

"Richard Edlin" <ed...@btinternet.com> skrev i meddelandet

Perhaps it depends on where you live or which channels you watch, boofhead?
Did you ever think of that?

Axel Van Kampen

May 13, 2003, 8:55:01 AM5/13/03

"Booked_moss" <Booke...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

> Whats Ice Hockey?
>
> Oh thats where grown men that are so soft they have to completly pad
> themselves up.
>
> Oh what skill it takes to ram someone into the side of the ice rink and
> swing a stick to hit the puck. God now i know why i was not smart enough
> take up that sport.
>
> Im in Europe guess what Ice Hockey is never on my TV,

Poor little sod! You must have a shitty TV then.

I'm in Europe to right now and there has been nothing else but icehockey.

Get yourself a new TV. Or change the channel (thats probably all you need to
do).
I have seen no Thugby at all (because it's a minority sport).

on the other hand
> Rugby League is and quite often Rugby Union is too (when theres nothing
else
> i want to watch).
>
> I would take the two above sports before Ice Hockey all the time.
>
> I wonder if someone could check number of participants in Ice Hockey
> compaired with the combined total of both codes of rugby (i suspect either
> of them would beat ice hockey alone).

In your dreams.............ever been to the US or Canada?

Phil.L

May 13, 2003, 11:00:03 AM5/13/03
Morrissey Breen wrote:
>> A sad, deluded twit called "Phil.L" <labtecd...@boltblue.com>
>> unloaded on our friend Greig Blanchett in message
>> news:<YkSva.4300$KO.38...@news-text.cableinet.net> then went on to
>> slag off football...
>>

>>> Onion (kick & clap) is a crock of crap and is losing supporters
>>> everyday,
>> Errrrrr... where?
in the UK.

>>And shouldn't that be "kick and JUMP"?
not over here sunbeam.

>>> ....while on the other hand RL is gaining support (maybe the same
>>> people - who knows)
>> Well, let's just compare the situation in the cities where the Super
>> 12 and the Numbskull Rasslin' League are in direct "competition":
>> the Super 12 KILLS the NRL in Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra and
>> Auckland. The NRL is a joke compared to the Super 12. Of course
>> this "Phil.L" is aware of that too. Hence the vehemence and bile in
>> his post.

of course the rugby playing community starts and stops in that backwater
down-under?

>>> on a daily basis.
>> Buwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! "On a daily basis", no less!
>>

>>> try reading up about the two codes before you make yourself look an
>>> arse.
>> Ha! On this occasion, it is not Mr Blanchett who has made himself
>> look an arse.
>>
>> "On a daily basis"...... snort, snigger....

been licking shit off a wire brush then?

>> BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Phil.L

May 13, 2003, 11:05:55 AM5/13/03
so thats your entire thoughts on the subject then?
at least you spelled it correctly.

Ink

May 14, 2003, 12:36:57 AM5/14/03
Moron I think you will find that the Tour de France is the third largest
(spectator) sports event in the world

nobody gives a shite abot ice hocket, except canada

Morrissey Breen

May 14, 2003, 4:33:03 AM5/14/03
A halfwit called "Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> raved in
message news:<WAQva.8372$dP1....@newsc.telia.net>...

> Rugby must be equal to curling or dart
[sic]

> on a world scale!
>
> The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup (after
> the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was fantastic!
> It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.
>
> http://live97.ihwc.net/english/index.ihwc
>
> Icehockey, a game where skills are required (unlike your boofhead "sport").

Dumbass!!!!!!! I have scanned this preposterous thread a couple of
times over the last two days and there is only ONE "boofhead" who has
posted on it.

Now, I wonder who that "boofhead" might be?

Clue one: the dumbass is not one of the football fans.

Clue two: the dumbass is nearly illiterate.

Clue three: the dumbass is deeply into pornography.

Clue four: the dumbass got his ass kicked badly by everyone else on
this thread.

That's enough clues, Axel. Worked out who the dumbass is yet?

DaNRL

May 14, 2003, 4:57:10 AM5/14/03
Ian Stewart <nzwa...@optushome.com.au> whilst enjoying the
feel of that sweet, sweet wood moaned:

> Axel Van Kampen wrote:

>> Icehockey, a game where skills are required

> Carn the Mighty Ducks.

Devils tied it up 1-1 against Ottawa today ... Come on New
Jersey!

Although I do have a soft spot for the quackers ... the 13.00
dollar odds I got on NJ to win the Cup has my loyalties for
the moment.

Daniel.

Richard Edlin

May 14, 2003, 5:21:14 AM5/14/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

I guess if you're watching an ice hockey channel, yes :-)

BTW I live in England which, by your reckoning, as part of Europe should
have ice hockey as the #1 winter sport!

Richard.

Richard Edlin

May 14, 2003, 5:22:21 AM5/14/03

"Nik O'Kiwi" <repub...@email.com> wrote in message

Quite. I was wondering when someone would point that out!

Richard

Axel Van Kampen

May 14, 2003, 8:45:01 AM5/14/03

> > > LOL. Why then is there basically no coverage of it in comparison to
the
> > > Stanley cup, which I heard a very brief "filler" news item on
yesterday?
> > (at
> > > 2am)
>
> > Perhaps it depends on where you live or which channels you watch,
> boofhead?
> > Did you ever think of that?
>
> I guess if you're watching an ice hockey channel, yes :-)
>
> BTW I live in England which, by your reckoning, as part of Europe should
> have ice hockey as the #1 winter sport!

England is not part of europe. England is a boring, smoggy outpost from
which everyone tries to get visas to come to Australia.

Axel Van Kampen

May 14, 2003, 9:00:32 AM5/14/03

"Ink" <ink...@paradise.net.nz> skrev i meddelandet

> Moron I think you will find that the Tour de France is the third largest
> (spectator) sports event in the world
>
> nobody gives a shite abot ice hocket, except canada

Really, boofhead?

What about USA (only the largest sporting audience in the world but let's
ignore such facts, shall we?), Sweden, Finland, Germany, Russia, Czecho,
Slovakia, Italy, France, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Switzerland, Japan.

How does it feel with egg on your face, twerp? You may now take your thugby
and put it where it belongs. Up your ass.

Axel Van Kampen

May 14, 2003, 9:01:56 AM5/14/03

"Morrissey Breen" <morriss...@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet

> A halfwit called "Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> raved in
> message news:<WAQva.8372$dP1....@newsc.telia.net>...
> >
> > Rugby must be equal to curling or dart
> [sic]
>

> > on a world scale!
> >
> > The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup
(after
> > the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was
fantastic!
> > It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.
> >
> > http://live97.ihwc.net/english/index.ihwc
> >
> > Icehockey, a game where skills are required (unlike your boofhead
"sport").

> Dumbass!!!!!!! I have scanned this preposterous thread a couple of
> times over the last two days and there is only ONE "boofhead" who has
> posted on it.
>
> Now, I wonder who that "boofhead" might be?

Clue: It is one of us and it's not me. Worked it out yet or do you need more
help, twerp?

Paul Dredge

May 14, 2003, 10:10:36 AM5/14/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
Tell me is your answer to everything to insult people? Let me guess you are
from America land of the free and George W(**ker) Bush? Need I say more!

Booked_moss

May 14, 2003, 4:33:56 PM5/14/03
Ok axel you keep talking crap and we will just keep enjoying our rugby.

I know more about League than Union but from reading the league press the
main threats to rugby league (in the UK) are Scoccer, rugby Union and the
bank accounts....never hear of ice hockey...shows how much of a signifcant
sport it must be.

Axel Van Kampen

May 14, 2003, 6:05:52 PM5/14/03

"Booked_moss" <Booke...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

It spells S O C C E R, boofhead!
Unlike Icehockey, rugby is a minority sport and it for that reason probably
has no threats. It is already very small.

Colin Lord

May 14, 2003, 11:34:50 PM5/14/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

LOL, have you seen the rating for the NHL, ice hockey's peak? Outside of
Canada, they are VERY small.

Axel Van Kampen

May 15, 2003, 2:57:58 AM5/15/03

"Colin Lord" <cl...@metz.une.edu.au> skrev i meddelandet

Wishful thinking on your behalf, I'm afraid.

Yes I have actually. I'm in Sweden right now and it was the largest here as
well as Germany, Norway, Switzerland, France, Italy, Czecho, most of the big
icehockey nations in Europe.
I watched the whole thing myself.

Tim Scrivens

May 15, 2003, 4:59:02 AM5/15/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Why? Pretty second-rate tournament, really. The big boys are playing in
the Stanley Cup, not for their countries.

Ferdi Greyling

May 15, 2003, 5:50:28 AM5/15/03
<spa...@bigpond.com> wrote:

<<>Rugby must be equal to curling or dart on a world scale!

>The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup (after
>the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was fantastic!
>It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.>>

Table tennis is much bigger than ice hockey. So is tennis. And
jogging. And motor racing. And zzzzzzzzzz.......

...uh... where was I? Oh yes. You are saying the bigger the numbers
the better the quality. There are more Chinese in the world than Yanks
and Canadians (who else plays ice hockey?), so..... zzzzzzzzz....

Ian Stewart

May 15, 2003, 6:11:18 AM5/15/03

The Ducks go 3-0 up against the Wild with another shut-out, Daniel. It's
looking more and more likely they'll make the Stanley Cup finals, and in
some very good form.

Ian
> Daniel.

Axel Van Kampen

May 15, 2003, 6:32:51 AM5/15/03

"Ferdi Greyling" <NoS...@tome.com> skrev i meddelandet

> On Mon, 12 May 2003 17:11:18 GMT, "Axel Van Kampen"
> <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> <<>Rugby must be equal to curling or dart on a world scale!
> >
> >The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup (after
> >the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was
fantastic!
> >It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.>>
>
> Table tennis is much bigger than ice hockey.

Yeah right! Dream on............

>So is tennis.

Sure. But it doesn't have a one single tournament that is as large as IHWC.
They have a lot of smaller tournaments spread out over the year.

And
> jogging.

Jogging is a sport? Since when? Where is the world cup held then?

>And motor racing.

Motor racing is a group of sports that takes in F1, F2, F3000, Formula Ford,
Motocross, Speedway, Enduro, Trials, 500 cc GP's, road racing, ice racing,
Indy Cars, etc, etc.

Which one of those did you refer to specifically?

> ...uh... where was I? Oh yes. You are saying the bigger the numbers
> the better the quality. There are more Chinese in the world than Yanks
> and Canadians (who else plays ice hockey?), so..... zzzzzzzzz....

Right! Sweden, Finland, Germany, Italy, Denmark, Switzerland, Poland,
Russia, Slovakia, Czecho, France, Japan, Norway for a start.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..........................

Next.......................

Greig Blanchett

May 16, 2003, 3:49:12 AM5/16/03
On Thu, 15 May 2003 06:57:58 GMT, "Axel Van Kampen"
<spa...@bigpond.com> wrote:

[...]

>> LOL, have you seen the rating for the NHL, ice hockey's peak? Outside of
>> Canada, they are VERY small.
>
>Wishful thinking on your behalf, I'm afraid.
>
>Yes I have actually. I'm in Sweden right now and it was the largest here as
>well as Germany, Norway, Switzerland, France, Italy, Czecho, most of the big
>icehockey nations in Europe.
>I watched the whole thing myself.

Good boy! Did mum change the channel for you? Who's your favourite
player? Have you written their name on your pencil case? I bet this is
better than Beyblades, eh?

Brad Anton

May 16, 2003, 5:30:14 AM5/16/03

"Greig Blanchett" <gre...@nzrfu.com> wrote in message

Exactly Greig, the guy's a fucking prick - I can't believe we've even
replied to his posts. There're are a couple of Swedes at work with me who
reckon that while ice hockey is big in N.Europe, there is no comparing it
with the atmosphere at footy matches nor with the general fervour towards
the World cup. Is Axel Swedish?
Brad

Axel Van Kampen

May 16, 2003, 7:29:14 AM5/16/03

"Brad Anton" <ant_o...@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet

Which world cup? Must be soccer you're talking about. Thats the only world
cup that is bigger or even interesting.

Brad Anton

May 16, 2003, 7:39:22 AM5/16/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
Speak when you're spoken to, cunt. I was talking to Blanchet.
Brad

Nik Warrensson

May 16, 2003, 7:46:02 AM5/16/03
On Tue, 13 May 2003 12:55:01 GMT, "Axel Van Kampen"
<spa...@bigpond.com> wrote:

>"Booked_moss" <Booke...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> Whats Ice Hockey?
>>
>> Oh thats where grown men that are so soft they have to completly pad
>> themselves up.
>>
>> Oh what skill it takes to ram someone into the side of the ice rink and
>> swing a stick to hit the puck. God now i know why i was not smart enough
>> take up that sport.
>>
>> Im in Europe guess what Ice Hockey is never on my TV,
>
>Poor little sod! You must have a shitty TV then.
>
>I'm in Europe to right now and there has been nothing else but icehockey.
>
>Get yourself a new TV. Or change the channel (thats probably all you need to
>do).
>I have seen no Thugby at all (because it's a minority sport).

Its on TV in Europe. I was with a Dutch Rugby fan tonight and he told
me that he's been following the Super 12 in the Netherlands
sooo....you must have your eyes closed.

Nik

Axel Van Kampen

May 16, 2003, 7:59:05 AM5/16/03

"Nik Warrensson" <warre...@yahoo.co.nz> skrev i meddelandet

Whats super 12? Sounds like a porn star. Or what?

Axel Van Kampen

May 16, 2003, 8:15:42 AM5/16/03

"Brad Anton" <ant_o...@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet

I don't really care, loser. When I speak, you stand up and listen!

Paul Dredge

May 16, 2003, 12:05:09 PM5/16/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
Tell me dick breath if rugby league (and union and cricket (note spelling,
oh sorry no brains can't spell)) are so insignificant why are you subscribed
to a newsgroup for it.

Nik Warrensson

May 16, 2003, 4:05:05 PM5/16/03
On Fri, 16 May 2003 11:59:05 GMT, "Axel Van Kampen"
<spa...@bigpond.com> wrote:

>"Nik Warrensson" <warre...@yahoo.co.nz> skrev i meddelandet
>> On Tue, 13 May 2003 12:55:01 GMT, "Axel Van Kampen"
>> <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>>

>> >"Booked_moss" <Booke...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

<cut>

>> >I'm in Europe to right now and there has been nothing else but icehockey.
>> >
>> >Get yourself a new TV. Or change the channel (thats probably all you need
>> >do).
>> >I have seen no Thugby at all (because it's a minority sport).
>>
>> Its on TV in Europe. I was with a Dutch Rugby fan tonight and he told
>> me that he's been following the Super 12 in the Netherlands
>> sooo....you must have your eyes closed.
>
>Whats super 12? Sounds like a porn star. Or what?

Its a competition that involves the selection of 12 teams from South
Africa, Australia and New Zealand on roughly provincial lines.

New Zealand teams, and in particular, the Canterbury Crusaders, have
dominated this competition.

Nik

Axel Van Kampen

May 18, 2003, 7:59:14 PM5/18/03

"Paul Dredge" <p.dr...@beaconhill.fsbusiness.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet

To piss you clicket and rugby wankers off?

Colin Lord

May 18, 2003, 11:54:54 PM5/18/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

> "Colin Lord" <cl...@metz.une.edu.au> skrev i meddelandet
> >
> > "Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Booked_moss" <Booke...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> rugby.

> > the
> > the
> > signifcant
> > >
> > > It spells S O C C E R, boofhead!
> > > Unlike Icehockey, rugby is a minority sport and it for that reason
> > probably
> > > has no threats. It is already very small.
> >
> > LOL, have you seen the rating for the NHL, ice hockey's peak? Outside of
> > Canada, they are VERY small.
>
> Wishful thinking on your behalf, I'm afraid.

LOL, check your facts. Care to quote the TV ratings for NHL in the US?

NHL generates a very impressive (NOT) rating of 0.59% of households with
cable TV. ESPN gets an even pissier 0.2%. The all star game could only
manage 1.8% of households. Even the very minor and pissy Arena Football
League is expected to get ratings of atleast 1.8%.

Pollywolly

May 19, 2003, 2:15:56 AM5/19/03
Play either sport long enough and you're left with not much of a body

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

> Rugby must be equal to curling or dart on a world scale!
>
> The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup (after
> the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was fantastic!
> It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.

figeonote

May 20, 2003, 4:50:27 AM5/20/03
Axel Van Kampen wrote:

> Rugby must be equal to curling or dart on a world scale!
>
> The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup (after
> the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was fantastic!
> It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.
>
> http://live97.ihwc.net/english/index.ihwc
>
> Icehockey, a game where skills are required (unlike your boofhead "sport").

Oh boy. Greetings Axel from an expat Londoner now living and working in
Helsinki, Finland.

As you know, yet others here may not, the Ice hockey World Championships 2003
was held here in Finland. Teams from 16 nations around the globe took part.
Many surprise results occurred. I doubt that even the diehard danish supporters
were expecting their side to defeat the USA team.

Maybe I can comment on your utterances, since I have been able to play and
spectate both sports... ice hockey and rugby union.

Axel, I believe you are confused. Rugby has two codes, union and league. They
cannot be lumped together, they are different. One code is not better or worse
than the other, just DIFFERENT. If you think they can be seen as one 'sport'
then you are deluded, they have much in common but then so does snooker and
billiards. But anyway, I don't think people who enjoy rugby football of
whatever code lose any sleep by the fact that rugby has not the greatest player
base in the world or the greatest number of TV spectators or that rugby
tournaments have not the greatest prize money at stake.

A question. Axel, just how do you distinguish a big sport from a little sport?
Is it the fun of playing it.. or the thrill in watching it.. or.... please
enlighten me/us.

But, what really annoyed me by your utterances is the last two sentences.

No particular sport is silly. And sad to say, Finland (on a global scale) is a
backwater, its unimportant. The annual World ice hockey championship is big
news to those countries where ice hockey is part of the sporting culture, but
of little or no interest to others. That's the way of the world, Axel. To YOU
it appeared as a big event. To most rugby players and supporters it was of
little consequence.

And lastly to Skills. This is where you show your ignorance or stupidity. If
you are unable to appreciate what is happening during a game of rugby, then
don't comment on it. To say that players of rugby are unskilled is insulting.
The skills required in the two sports are by their nature, DIFFERENT. Not
better or worse, just DIFFERENT .... and incomparable.

Axel, I encourage you to try a few games of rugby, I assure you, there is a
position suited to your physique and temperament. Try it first, comment after.

Geoffrey
Helsinki.

Oh and by the way. 1995. der Glider in. der Glider in...

Axel Van Kampen

May 20, 2003, 7:30:29 AM5/20/03

"figeonote" <green...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

> Oh boy. Greetings Axel from an expat Londoner now living and working in
> Helsinki, Finland.
>
> As you know, yet others here may not, the Ice hockey World Championships
2003
> was held here in Finland. Teams from 16 nations around the globe took
part.
> Many surprise results occurred. I doubt that even the diehard danish
supporters
> were expecting their side to defeat the USA team.
>
> Maybe I can comment on your utterances, since I have been able to play and
> spectate both sports... ice hockey and rugby union.
>
> Axel, I believe you are confused. Rugby has two codes, union and league.
They
> cannot be lumped together, they are different. One code is not better or
worse
> than the other, just DIFFERENT.

All the same shit to me.

If you think they can be seen as one 'sport'
> then you are deluded, they have much in common but then so does snooker
and
> billiards. But anyway, I don't think people who enjoy rugby football of
> whatever code lose any sleep by the fact that rugby has not the greatest
player
> base in the world or the greatest number of TV spectators or that rugby
> tournaments have not the greatest prize money at stake.
>
> A question. Axel, just how do you distinguish a big sport from a little
sport?
> Is it the fun of playing it.. or the thrill in watching it.. or.... please
> enlighten me/us.
>
> But, what really annoyed me by your utterances is the last two sentences.
>
> No particular sport is silly. And sad to say, Finland (on a global scale)
is a
> backwater, its unimportant. The annual World ice hockey championship is
big
> news to those countries where ice hockey is part of the sporting culture,
but
> of little or no interest to others. That's the way of the world, Axel. To
YOU
> it appeared as a big event.

And to all the icehockey fans. rugby fans may live in their isolated little
world if they so wish.

To most rugby players and supporters it was of
> little consequence.

Whatever.

> And lastly to Skills. This is where you show your ignorance or stupidity.
If
> you are unable to appreciate what is happening during a game of rugby,
then
> don't comment on it. To say that players of rugby are unskilled is
insulting.

Seems to me that the only skill required in rugby is the 'no brain no pain'
mentality.
Have you ever seen or heard a rugby league player being interviewed? It is a
miracle if they can add 2 and 2 together.

Pete Devlin

May 20, 2003, 8:38:37 AM5/20/03
"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<WAQva.8372$dP1....@newsc.telia.net>...
> Rugby must be equal to curling or dart on a world scale!
>
> The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup (after
> the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was fantastic!
> It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.
>
> http://live97.ihwc.net/english/index.ihwc
>
> Icehockey, a game where skills are required (unlike your boofhead "sport").

From the site you quote "With a total attendance of 454,693, this was
the second-best IIHF World Championships ever at the turnstile after
1997, which also took place in Finland."

By my reckoning the RWC beats that attendance after the 1st round of
matches, let alone the whole tournament. Later fuckwit.

PD

Ali

May 20, 2003, 8:48:05 AM5/20/03
> Seems to me that the only skill required in rugby is the 'no brain no
pain' mentality.

mmm contradicts completly what alot people think about rugby, that it is an
elitist sport, played by those with an education.

And this is coming from a guy who likes WWE Ice hockey, where they play for
ten minutes and then "oh crowds getting bored" lets get our handbags out.

Have you found the playing figures for Ice Hockey yet?

Axel Van Kampen

May 20, 2003, 10:28:46 AM5/20/03

"Ali" <Alasda...@NOSPAMcern.ch> skrev i meddelandet

> > Seems to me that the only skill required in rugby is the 'no brain no
> pain' mentality.
>
> mmm contradicts completly what alot people think about rugby, that it is
an
> elitist sport, played by those with an education.

Not in Australia. They are all a bunch of dumbfucks.

Just like yourself.

Axel Van Kampen

May 20, 2003, 10:29:20 AM5/20/03

"Pete Devlin" <cardina...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

Yeah, dream on, wanker.

Ali

May 20, 2003, 10:33:55 AM5/20/03
"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Sorry I'm not australian

Go on answer the question norbert!!

Ali

May 20, 2003, 10:41:47 AM5/20/03
> > From the site you quote "With a total attendance of 454,693, this was
> > the second-best IIHF World Championships ever at the turnstile after
> > 1997, which also took place in Finland."
> >
> > By my reckoning the RWC beats that attendance after the 1st round of
> > matches, let alone the whole tournament. Later fuckwit.
>
> Yeah, dream on, wanker.

mmmm just some more info from a boofhead that knows how to use the web and
get facts.

99 rugby world cup
total spectators 1.7 million.
total television audience approx 3.1 BILLION.
http://www.rugby.com.au/central/gcm.asp?gcmID=81&SectionID=16

Going to answer my question Arsel, or are you going to dream on?

Axel Van Kampen

May 20, 2003, 7:45:23 PM5/20/03

"Ali" <Alasda...@NOSPAMcern.ch> skrev i meddelandet

Yeah. Dream on. Loser third world countries don't count. I thought we'd
established that already?

ROCK

May 20, 2003, 8:23:02 PM5/20/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
No Girly boy .... you dont count ... and YOU are the LOSER who trolled this
ng.

Time for you to Fuck Off now .... PLONK!

Axel Van Kampen

May 20, 2003, 8:33:35 PM5/20/03

"ROCK" <to...@zipworld.com.au> skrev i meddelandet

Yep. Unfortunately for you, I am the only one that does count.

Wazzadamatta? Giving up already?

Ali

May 21, 2003, 3:55:42 AM5/21/03

> > Going to answer my question Arsel, or are you going to dream on?

right you cannot answer the question, therefore you are the insignificant
one or is that your the boofhead, or your the no brainer. Bye Arsel the
Troll

Colin Lord

May 21, 2003, 11:22:11 PM5/21/03

"Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Let me guess, you don't count rundown ex-communist block countries Slovakia
et al don't count as 3rd world loser countries because they play hockey?

figeonote

May 22, 2003, 3:32:22 AM5/22/03
Axel Van Kampen wrote:

Axel, you really are a sad specimen. The only "shit" I see around here is that
between your ears.

Axel your opinions are yours. I wish you would just keep them to yourself and if
you must spew them out, pollute other newsgroups than the rugby boards.

You give absolutely NO reasons why you hold such an opinion "rugby is a no-body
sport". All your attempts at arguments, all your sidetracks, have been refuted.
LOL. I read all the messages, some were quite amusing. Axel, give up. You are
just plain WRONG. Actually you could redeem yourself if you just accepted that
fact and apologized to the groups you have polluted.

Indeed, if you gave some evidence, any at all, that supported your opinions I
might feel other emotions towards you than embarrassment for you and pity.

Just what do you mean by "no-body"?
Just what is a "boof-head"??

And your latest utterance just shows how pig ignorant you are of the game of
rugby. I have indeed seen many rugby league players being interviewed. So what
of it? You forget, they are paid to play rugby not be fluent gifted after dinner
speakers full of wit & charm. Their opinions on the game carry far more weight
than yours.. or mine. However, they argue their case with far more skill than
you seem to be able to muster. All sports require brawn (if that is what you
mean by 'boof') to some extent. Ice hockey too, I don't see many touchie-feelie
caring-sharing defencemen in the NHL. But anyway, if rugby is so isolated, why
are you so anxious to join in?

Axel, a sporting question for you. Its easy. Just give the answer:

You are competing in a race, you overtake the runner in last place, which
position are you in now?

Axel Van Kampen

May 22, 2003, 4:04:17 AM5/22/03

"figeonote" <green...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

Why? Because your silly little sport can't handle critisicm?

> You give absolutely NO reasons why you hold such an opinion "rugby is a
no-body
> sport". All your attempts at arguments, all your sidetracks, have been
refuted.
> LOL. I read all the messages, some were quite amusing. Axel, give up. You
are
> just plain WRONG. Actually you could redeem yourself if you just accepted
that
> fact and apologized to the groups you have polluted.
>
> Indeed, if you gave some evidence, any at all, that supported your
opinions I
> might feel other emotions towards you than embarrassment for you and pity.
>
> Just what do you mean by "no-body"?

Very insignificant.

> Just what is a "boof-head"??

An idiot.

> And your latest utterance just shows how pig ignorant you are of the game
of
> rugby. I have indeed seen many rugby league players being interviewed. So
what
> of it? You forget, they are paid to play rugby not be fluent gifted after
dinner
> speakers full of wit & charm.

Aha! But someone recently said that they are highly educated. A bunch of
dumbfucks I reckon.

Axel Van Kampen

May 22, 2003, 4:10:09 AM5/22/03

"Colin Lord" <cl...@metz.une.edu.au> skrev i meddelandet

They are not in the same league, no. And you losers don't seem to either.
You all seem to think that icehockey is only played in Canada. How ignorant
you all must be...........

figeonote

May 22, 2003, 8:19:15 AM5/22/03
Axel Van Kampen wrote:

Again Axel you show your ignorance and stupidity. Not a good combination you
have, is it Axel?

So, in *your* opinion basically is that rugby is a very insignificant sport. In
your very words as insignificant as darts or curling. Who cares.. certainly not
the rugby players and spectators, nor I guess those active in curling or darts.

Globally, soccer is the #1 sport. EVERYTHING else is insignificant compared to
soccer (and that includes quite a successful Ice hockey world championship).

So... why doesn't EVERYONE play soccer exclusively? Ever thought about that? Do
you ever think at all??

Ok.. thinking must be painful for you, so I shall give some hints...

People play sports they chose to, not those dictated by others.
People play sports that they happen to be interested in, or have some talent at,
those that they find enjoyable.
People play sports that have the necessary facilities, locally.

Anything sinking in? Has the penny dropped? Oh but I forget... your main sport
is whacking off while watching nostalgic porno movies. a solo artist. hmmmmm. I
admit, I don't share your enthusiasm for porn.

Getting there yet? Don't come back until you do.

Finally, about your ill judged view that rugby players are idiots. People are
people. Some are highly educated others have basic education, but who are YOU to
judge another?

I was fortunate to play rugby in a rural area. Quite a mixed front row we were.
My loose head prop was a Latvian émigré, a research chemist at Wellcome who
could speak 15 languages and had forgotten about the same number. He had more
letters after his name than you find in alphabet soup. My tight head prop was a
dairy farmer.. basic education. I guess you would call him, here, a boof-head
but not to his face. However, I know who I would ask to explain Euler's theorem
and who I would ask to provide a half side of beef.

Axel Van Kampen

May 22, 2003, 11:34:11 AM5/22/03

"figeonote" <green...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

YOU don't get to judge that. You're too dumb.

Not a good combination you
> have, is it Axel?
>
> So, in *your* opinion basically is that rugby is a very insignificant
sport. In
> your very words as insignificant as darts or curling. Who cares..
certainly not
> the rugby players and spectators, nor I guess those active in curling or
darts.

Exactly!

> Globally, soccer is the #1 sport.

Indeed! Proper football! Many times bigger than that silly game you call
football. And much more skillful.

EVERYTHING else is insignificant compared to
> soccer (and that includes quite a successful Ice hockey world
championship).

Agreed.

> So... why doesn't EVERYONE play soccer exclusively?

A large part of the world does. Perhaps the rest doesn't like soccer (and
they'´re all a bunch of morons if they don't like soccer).

Try again, dumbfuck.

figeonote

May 26, 2003, 4:41:18 AM5/26/03
Axel Van Kampen wrote:

You still here? A pity.

You seem to have antagonism against anyone and everyone. You seem also to have
some fixation to reply to every post. A slavish obsession. Poor Axel.

Anyway. I have tried to educate you. But as the song goes:- "never try an teach
a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig"

By the way. In future at least TRY to get the initial facts straight. What
occurred in Finland in May 2003 was the IIHF World CHAMPIONSHIP. Not, and typing
slowly now.. the Ice Hockey World C U P. Got that? I understand the word
championship is a long one and hard for you to comprehend. But give it a go.

Funny you keep talking about association football, soccer, or just football. The
closest thing I have found to you, Axel, is an England Football supporter... the
worst sort.

And, Axel... You are the weakest link. Good bye.

Axel Van Kampen

May 26, 2003, 6:51:53 AM5/26/03

"figeonote" <green...@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

You bet yah!

> You seem to have antagonism against anyone and everyone.

Only towards dumbfucks. Are you one of those?

You seem also to have
> some fixation to reply to every post. A slavish obsession. Poor Axel.

Only because I'm having fun. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be doing it.

> Anyway. I have tried to educate you.

You mean that you have tried to think like you. Sorry, I'll never ever be
that stupid.

Try harder next time, loser.

figeonote

May 27, 2003, 9:54:15 AM5/27/03
Axel Van Kampen wrote:

so predictable you are.

I have no wish to get you to think like me. Thinking sure isn't your strong
point. Dragging your mind out of the porno gutter is likely to kill you. Another
observation, your discussion style seems to be closely related to a former Iraqi
minister of information.. Are you Comical Ali's love child?

And, to lose means there is a competition. I think you find you are only
competing against yourself.... and I quote. "Try harder next time, loser."

Jason Cormier

May 29, 2003, 8:14:12 PM5/29/03
On 5/12/03 13:11, in article WAQva.8372$dP1....@newsc.telia.net, "Axel Van
Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Rugby must be equal to curling or dart on a world scale!
>
> The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup (after
> the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was fantastic!
> It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.
>
> http://live97.ihwc.net/english/index.ihwc
>
> Icehockey, a game where skills are required (unlike your boofhead "sport").

You mean Ice Hockey World *Championships* as the World Cup (formerly Canada
Cup) is run by the NHL and the NHLPA, using the best available players and
is only held every few years. (76, 81, 84, 87, 91, 96, 04)

The tournament to which you refer (IH WC) is so "big" that most players from
far-and-away *the* best league in the world (NHL) don't even participate,
either because they are still involved in the playoffs or because they
simply aren't interested in what is only the third-best international Ice
Hockey tournament on the calendar (after the Olympics and World Cup).

Anyone every notice how many tournaments claim to be the third biggest after
the Olympics and the Football/Soccer World Cup? I've heard it claimed by the
Rugby World Cup, Cricket World Cup, World Athletics Championship, and even
the World basketball Championships.(Though no one until now has been silly
enough to claim it for Ice Hockey).

Considering the fact that the Summer and Winter Olympics are separate
events, shouldn't the argument be over the fourth biggest?

Linds

Aug 19, 2003, 1:23:13 AM8/19/03
Paul Dredge wrote:
> "Axel Van Kampen" <spa...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Richard Edlin" <ed...@btinternet.com> skrev i meddelandet

>>the

>>yesterday?

>>>boofhead?

>>>I guess if you're watching an ice hockey channel, yes :-)
>>>
>>>BTW I live in England which, by your reckoning, as part of Europe should
>>>have ice hockey as the #1 winter sport!
>>
>>England is not part of europe. England is a boring, smoggy outpost from
>>which everyone tries to get visas to come to Australia.
>>

> Tell me is your answer to everything to insult people? Let me guess you are
> from America land of the free and George W(**ker) Bush? Need I say more!

And of course Georgie B. is ONLY there because his brother in Florida
wouldn't let them count all the votes down there. Shit talk about nepotism.

Linds

Aug 19, 2003, 7:56:57 AM8/19/03
Axel Van Kampen wrote:
> Rugby must be equal to curling or dart on a world scale!
>
> The third largest sporting event in the world, Icehockey World Cup (after
> the Olympics and Soccer World Cup) has just been had and it was fantastic!
> It makes your silly little sport look like a back yard operation.
>
> http://live97.ihwc.net/english/index.ihwc
>
> Icehockey, a game where skills are required (unlike your boofhead "sport").

Arse Hockey ??? where the main object is to see how far up the
opponent's arse you can get the stick ??

Morrissey Breen

Aug 19, 2003, 1:34:05 PM8/19/03
Linds <li...@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:<ego0b.12511$9f7.1...@news02.tsnz.net>...
> Axel Van Kampen wrote:

....<SNIP>....

What the HELL are you up to? You are replying to a ghost. The cretin
formerly known as Axel Van Kampen (real name Anthony Webb) is DEAD.
This writer (moi) killed him. See for yourself...
http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?q=+%22axel+van+kampen%22+author:morrisseybreen%40yahoo.com&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=fb3a0456.0305142110.2898a109%40posting.google.com&rnum=1

Sgt. RAM

Sep 28, 2003, 8:39:01 AM9/28/03
Lol - true.

"Linds" <li...@anywhere.com> wrote in message

Sgt. RAM

Sep 28, 2003, 8:40:51 AM9/28/03
That should shut Kampy Axel up for good. why argue about 'who's sport is
bigger than who's anyway'... sports envy ?

"Richard Edlin" <ed...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Nik O'Kiwi" <repub...@email.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > >ANY Rugby sport is a back yard operation. Most of the world doesn't
care
> > >about rugby no matter which flavor it is.
> > >Look at the US, Canada and Europe, Icehockey is THE No.1 winter sport!
> >
> > Actually, soccer is.
>
> Quite. I was wondering when someone would point that out!
>
> Richard

Sgt. RAM

Sep 28, 2003, 8:41:49 AM9/28/03
Sad f