A few Spanish phrases.

Neil Wallace

Nov 13, 2003, 8:05:37 AM11/13/03
I am off to Seville for a weeks sculling camp (hurrah!)
I have 48 hours to learn some Spanish.
I've not got very far. If anyone can help please add to the list.

Neil.

Tengo mis remos en hacia atrás - (I have my oars in backwards)

¡La ayuda! Yo no puedo nadar - (Help! I can't swim)

Necesito crema de sol en mis áreas delicadas - (I need sun cream on my
delicate areas)

Esta paella prueba como las pelotas de perro - (This paella tastes like
the dog's bollocks)

Las manos se cubrirán de ampollas con la fricción - (My hands will
blister with the friction)

Ewoud Dronkert

Nov 13, 2003, 8:26:52 AM11/13/03
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:05:37 +0000 (UTC), Neil Wallace wrote:
> Las manos se cubrirán de ampollas con la fricción - (My hands will
> blister with the friction)

And on that same note -- ¡Ola guapa! ¿Tu hermano, es grande?

leo

Nov 13, 2003, 8:31:10 AM11/13/03
Una cerveza, por favor! (a beer please) (:

"Neil Wallace" <rowing...@NOSPAM.virgin.net> wrote in message

Sergio Morana

Nov 13, 2003, 9:07:37 AM11/13/03
Maybe it's better to speack English... :-)))
Sergio

"Neil Wallace" <rowing...@NOSPAM.virgin.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> [...]

David Gillard

Nov 13, 2003, 12:03:09 PM11/13/03
bolox = cojones.

Anu Dudhia

Nov 13, 2003, 12:25:48 PM11/13/03
leo wrote:

> Una cerveza, por favor! (a beer please) (:

y mi amigo pagar'a - and my friend will pay

ehr...@widomaker.com

Nov 13, 2003, 5:40:39 PM11/13/03
Aquel barco de la tripulacio'n brita'nica no carece de "flotabilidad."

(That boat belonging to the British crew does not lack "floatability.")

CEE
--
_____
=======||==================< |

ehr...@widomaker.com

Nov 13, 2003, 5:46:09 PM11/13/03
Better put your dictionary away, or your hovercraft will very soon be full of eels!

CEE

In article <bovvj1$2dj$1...@titan.btinternet.com>,

Nick Suess

Nov 13, 2003, 8:17:22 PM11/13/03

David Gillard <dav...@NOSPAMPLEASErogge.co.uk> wrote in message
> bolox = cojones.

︼o se!

Tristán White

Nov 14, 2003, 10:17:32 AM11/14/03
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:05:37 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Wallace"
<rowing...@NOSPAM.virgin.net> wrote:
>I am off to Seville for a weeks sculling camp (hurrah!)
>I have 48 hours to learn some Spanish.
>I've not got very far. If anyone can help please add to the list.

I'm a fluent Spanish speaker... let me know if I can help!

>Neil.
>
>Tengo mis remos en hacia atrás - (I have my oars in backwards)
>
>¡La ayuda! Yo no puedo nadar - (Help! I can't swim)

Better would be: "¡Ayúdame! No sé nadar".

>Necesito crema de sol en mis áreas delicadas - (I need sun cream on my
>delicate areas)
>
>Esta paella prueba como las pelotas de perro - (This paella tastes like
>the dog's bollocks)

He he :-) if you actually want to say this by the way, it is better
to say "Esta paella está de puta madre" which sounds very bad,
literally means "This paella is of the whore mother". Like "dogs
bollocks", it sounds very rude but is in fact an example of praise.

>Las manos se cubrirán de ampollas con la fricción - (My hands will
>blister with the friction)

This is grammatically correct, but be careful with that word
"ampollas" since the word "pollas" means "penises" so any mention of
hands, penises and friction could get the wrong message across if your
pronunciation isn't brilliant!! :-)