CorePerform again

1 view

david.h...@aea.be

Sep 21, 2009, 11:24:14 AM9/21/09
How bulky/weighty is a CorePerform seat? We have the opportunity to
have one ordered in the US and brought over in baggage, at a cost
saving of more than 30% on the price over here.

Cheers,
Dave H

ATP*

Sep 21, 2009, 7:53:38 PM9/21/09

<david.h...@aea.be> wrote in message

The unit itself is about 20 x 25 x 5 cm. Not sure I can estimate the weight
accurately, it is made out of steel and fairly robust. I think you could
throw some bubble wrap around it and it should be good to go.

Charles Carroll

Sep 22, 2009, 1:57:42 AM9/22/09
Dave,

The shipping box that my CorePerform came in is about 9 x 28 x 21.5 cm. It
contained instructions, a tool, and the seat itself. I remember thinking
that the seat was a bit heavier than I had expected. But I cannot tell you
whether this means it weighed 1 lbs or 4 lbs. In any event, wedge it in your
suitcase under your kit and it should pass just fine.

Let us know what you think when you use it.

Cordially,

Charles

JK

Sep 22, 2009, 10:06:58 AM9/22/09
I think they're fantastic even after doing 2 x 20mins on one last
night.....

lucky enough to pick mine up from Concept 2 (UK) when being sold at a
discount but I see that they are back to full price and out of
stock...

after about 2 minutes I forget that it's there although at the end of
the session when I'm getting tired then the wobble comes back but when
I next go out in my single the feeling of enhance stability is great.

you do need to ease in your use otherwise you can end up with pressure
sore/friction blister if you wear the thicker varieties of rowing
shorts!!

good luck with yours when you get it

regards

James

Charles Carroll

Sep 23, 2009, 5:56:06 PM9/23/09
David,

I just heard from John Argitis at CorePerform. The weight of the seat is
6lbs.

I agree with everything JK wrote. I think the CorePerform seat has done
wonders for my sculling. And even more importantly, for my back! I would
love to compare notes if you get one.

Cordially,

Charles

David Henderson

Sep 24, 2009, 4:04:53 AM9/24/09
On Sep 23, 11:56 pm, "Charles Carroll" <charles_carr...@comcast.net>
wrote:

It's ordered. The US military is flying it to Europe, I guess the
size and weight don't matter so much now.

David