of interest to cowgirls<g>

1 view

teresa

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

Sometime this past spring someone mentioned a bumper sticker they had on
their truck and another person said they had they Tshirt. I found the
shirt when I went to Dallas this summer : Save a horse, Ride a cowboy.

However, I have new advice, I got at the bull riding event this past
weekend, and it too is emblazoned on a Tshirt: Forget the Bull, Ride the
Cowboy.
the corresponding shirt is: Cowboy Foreplay: Get in the Truck.
There's a story here somewhere, don't you think?<g>

I mentioned this on another list I'm on and received this note back from a
woman in Australia thought y'all might enjoy it.

Here in Australia your pickup truck = our utility truck, commonly known as
"the ute" (that's pronounced "yoot") In some country areas at showtime
(that's agricultural fair to you) they have contests for the Best Town Ute,
The Best Pig Ute (that's a real work truck) and The Feral Ute. The latter
has to be seen to be believed - too ratty and rusty to be registered (to be
judged in town, it has to be brought in by truck) but great for rattling
around on the cattle or sheep station (that's ranch to you). The Feral Ute
often has odd bits welded onto it and makeshift seats etc.

So you can see that here in Downunderland we might translate that to:
Jackeroo Foreplay: Get in the Ute. ( Or "You Awake?")
Kathleen McGregor <mcgr...@ecn.net.au>
on the sunny shores of Moreton Bay, in Queensland, Australia

--
Teresa
ter...@serv.net

To win, all you gotta do,
is get up one more time
than you fall.

Charlene Hall

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96
to fi...@onramp.net

I also like the one I had for a while that said

"Nothing 'tops' a cowboy like a cowrgirl"

He-he.
Charlene from Dixon.

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996 fi...@onramp.net wrote:

> ter...@serv.net (teresa ) wrote:
>
> >Sometime this past spring someone mentioned a bumper sticker they had on
> >their truck and another person said they had they Tshirt. I found the
> >shirt when I went to Dallas this summer : Save a horse, Ride a cowboy.

> We also have one that says "Help Im drunk and cant find my horse"
>
> It fits alot of people.

TEXAS COWGIRL

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

fi...@onramp.net wrote:

>ter...@serv.net (teresa ) wrote:

>>Sometime this past spring someone mentioned a bumper sticker they had on
>>their truck and another person said they had they Tshirt. I found the
>>shirt when I went to Dallas this summer : Save a horse, Ride a cowboy.
>We also have one that says "Help Im drunk and cant find my horse"

>It fits alot of people.

I like that saying..
It's enviromentally correct!:)
I also like the one that says COWBOYS-KING OF THE WRANGLERS....

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL N.R.A. CHAPTER

Butch Martin

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

I saw one at the Temecula Pro Rodeo last month I really liked:

"Cowboy Foreplay: 'Get in the truck.'"

Unfortunately, I move back and forth between redneck circles and so
called "polite society" and could never wear such a fine message unless I
had a coverup shirt over it!

Dang.

--
Butch Martin

++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Whatcha gonna do with a cowboy,
when he don't saddle up and ride away?"
Chris LeDoux/Garth Brooks

<cow...@cts.com>
http://www.free.cts.com/crash/c/cowboy/

fi...@onramp.net

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

Quapaw V

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

Here's one that fits most of my friends: "Will Rope for Beer"

Corylee D. Gardner

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996 fi...@onramp.net wrote:

I've seen a lot of both of those shirts and bumper stickers
around here. Guess they apply to a lot of people
in this area. A crazy one that I've seen around(Cow Palace)
recently, "Cowboy foreplay....Get in the truck."
I like to think that "real" "good" COWBOYS know
more about foreplay.-But anyway.

Just got a new bumpersticker for my trailer and
a cap to match. Let me know what you think.
" COWGIRLS RULE
always have always will "

It kinda stirs the shit with the guys. I like that.
It gives me something to work with.

cor...@ecst.csuchico.edu>

crazy...@aol.com

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

I've managed to collect several great bumber stickers over the past year.

The one I've got on my horse trailer reads
"Hell no, I don't show, I RODEO"

Some others I've got, but they aren't attached to anything:
"Cowgirl from Hell"
"Rodeo all day, Party all night"
"Save a calf, rope an activist"
"To Hell with the whales, save the cowboy"
"Rodeo, it's not just a sport, it's a way of life"

Cowgirl

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

Speaking of bumper stickers....

Saw one at the local ranch rodeo in Creston.

It said:

Cowboys come in 3 sizes: small, medium and eee-haaa!

loved it!

Djinn
2 Lazy 2 Ranch
Paso Robles, CA When you get to where your goin',
the first thing to do is take
care of the horse you rode in on.....