The Berserker

RickMarcho

Jul 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/12/95
Remember a guy a few years back in the WWF named Berserker? He had a
viking gimmic, and was really funny.... especially when he said "HUSK" a
thousand times......
Where did he go, and where is he now?

Cullivoe Start

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
> Berserker=Nord the Barbarian=Jacob/Eli Blu

No. Jacob & Eli are Ron & Don Harris. Neither of them was ever John Nord.

Peter R. Cook

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95

Good question. He was a Bruiser Brody clone all the way.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Peter R. Cook, Software engineer, Republican, Tama, Paiste, and DW user,
Animaniacs, Pete's Wicked, Iron Maiden, and Mopar fan. Quantumite, Blue
Steel drummer, PRC Records owner, sword collector. I'm not the NRA!
"The only thing the Democrats have to offer is fear itself" -D. Armey(R)
It's MY opinion! NOT that of my employer!

Clint Larsen

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
In article <Pine.HPP.3.91.950713...@river.it.gvsu.edu>,
Brad Bottorff <bott...@it.gvsu.edu> wrote:
>Berserker=Nord the Barbarian=Jacob/Eli Blu
^^^^^^^^^^^

This is not correct. He is not either one of the Blu's. Ron and Don Harris are
the Blu Brothers, they have been around for a while now. Last I heard John
Nord was wrestling in All-Japan.

-----------------
Clint Larsen
cla...@ncw.net
-----------------

Brad Bottorff

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
Berserker=Nord the Barbarian=Jacob/Eli Blu

Brian Krause

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
In article
<Pine.A32.3.91.950713...@srv1.freenet.calgary.ab.ca>,
"Wes T. Wetanko" <wet...@freenet.calgary.ab.ca> wrote:

> On 12 Jul 1995, RickMarcho wrote:
>
> > Remember a guy a few years back in the WWF named Berserker? He had a
> > viking gimmic, and was really funny.... especially when he said "HUSK" a
> > thousand times......
> > Where did he go, and where is he now?
> >

> I don't care what people say, I liked the Berserker, he was one of the only
> guys to ever REALLY crack me up when he was in the ring. It was great how
> he would grab his wrist, hold out his hand & yell "husk" or was it "huss"
> either way, it was funny. Even worse he was managed by Mr. Fuji. Anyone
> remember when he tried to stab the Undertaker with his sword, but UT
> moved & he stabbed his sword right into the ring? That was great.
> Another guy that always made me laugh was PaPa Shango, all that voodoo
> stuff would alway's make me laugh.. the jobbers getting set on fire, the
> black ooze, UW vomiting... those were all classic.
>
> --Wes.
100% agree on both counts. The Berzerker was great. HUSS! HUSS! HUSS!

Shango had some high points as well. He was good entertainment as well.

Brian

= 'ITS ALL GARBAGE! ARGHH' : MISTER Bob Backlund @ Monday Night Raw =
= Brian Krause = The opinions expressed are my own =
= Electronic Arts Canada = and not necessarily those of my =
= bkr...@ea.com = employer =

Dave Fields

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
In article 100...@river.it.gvsu.edu, Brad Bottorff <bott...@it.gvsu.edu> () writes:
>Berserker=Nord the Barbarian=Jacob/Eli Blu

Absolutely true. Not many people know that John Nord has the incredible ability
to split himself into identical twins named Ron and Don Harris.

How the hell does he DO that?

Get real, pal.

Wes T. Wetanko

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95

Wascally69

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
He probably has the magic ability to split into two people using some of
Papa Shango's magic.

:)

Donald Martin

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
Wes T. Wetanko (wet...@freenet.calgary.ab.ca) wrote:

: On 12 Jul 1995, RickMarcho wrote:

: > Remember a guy a few years back in the WWF named Berserker? He had a
: > viking gimmic, and was really funny.... especially when he said "HUSK" a
: > thousand times......
: > Where did he go, and where is he now?
: >
: >
: I don't care what people say, I liked the Berserker, he was one of the only
: guys to ever REALLY crack me up when he was in the ring. It was great how
: he would grab his wrist, hold out his hand & yell "husk" or was it "huss"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

: either way, it was funny. Even worse he was managed by Mr. Fuji. Anyone

It was "Ice!". The Viking/Berserker was billed as being from "Iceland"
and was supposed to be begging the fans for some ice out of their drinks
so he could hold onto his "native soil".

;)

Christian Rose

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
Brad Bottorff (bott...@it.gvsu.edu) wrote:
: Berserker=Nord the Barbarian=Jacob/Eli Blu

Try again buttmunch. Jacob/Eli Blu is NOT the same guy as Nord the
Barbarian. Of course if you had bothered to check the list of wrestlers
on the web page and read the FAQ you would know that:

"Yukon" John Nord=Nord the Barbarian=The Viking=Berserker=and probably a
few more alaises as well but NOT Jacob or Eli Blu

If I recall correctly Jacob and Eli Blu were formerly known as The Bruise
Brothers in various independant feds. And of course Uncle Zebaciah (sp?)
is more commonly known as "Dirty" Dutch Mantel in the NWA, USWA, and AWA
from a few years ago.

/ /
/ Christian Rose "The only thing cooler than bands /
/ ae...@ccn.cs.dal.ca that get lots of chicks are bands /
/ "Beavis" on IRC, FICS, and Talker that scare chicks" --Beavis /
/ /

paul r osterman

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95

Was he one of Lou Albano's Yukon Lumberjacks???

Paul Nord

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95

(RickMarcho) writes:

>>Remember a guy a few years back in the WWF named Berserker? He had a
>>viking gimmic, and was really funny.... especially when he said "HUSK"
>>thousand times......
>>Where did he go, and where is he now?
>

> Good question. He was a Bruiser Brody clone all the way.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
+-+
> Peter R. Cook, Software engineer, Republican, Tama, Paiste, and DW
user,
> Animaniacs, Pete's Wicked, Iron Maiden, and Mopar fan. Quantumite,
Blue
> Steel drummer, PRC Records owner, sword collector. I'm not the
NRA!
> "The only thing the Democrats have to offer is fear itself" -D.
Armey(R)
> It's MY opinion! NOT that of my employer!

Not a Brody clone, a Brody trainee.

Sam Nord the Barbarian

Anders...@folkuni.umu.se

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
pmn...@ix.netcom.com (Paul Nord) wrote:

>(RickMarcho) writes:
>>>Remember a guy a few years back in the WWF named Berserker? He had a
>>>viking gimmic, and was really funny.... especially when he said "HUSK"
>>>thousand times......
>>>Where did he go, and where is he now?

if i am not wrong he is selling cars somewhere is the US.

Tom Drinko

Jul 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/15/95
In article <3u2v4l$l...@yell.zetnet.co.uk>, cullivo...@zetnet.co.uk (Cullivoe Start) says:

>> Berserker=Nord the Barbarian=Jacob/Eli Blu
>
>No. Jacob & Eli are Ron & Don Harris. Neither of them was ever John Nord.

This Beserker talk and the thread about lame finishing moves reminded me
of the B man's extremely feeble closer: throw the opponent over the top
rope and win by countout!!!! HUT HUT HUT!

AsdfReaLM

Jul 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/15/95
This will sort of be like a "HEY VINCE!" thingy....

Bring Berserker back! One post and it gets 14 responses in a few days?
That guy would be a great feud with..... well, anybody!

John Petrie

Jul 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/16/95
Anders...@folkuni.umu.se wrote:

> if i am not wrong he is selling cars somewhere is the US.

Minnesota. Nord Motor Sales (or something similar.)

John Petrie

chris clark

Jul 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/16/95
> This will sort of be like a "HEY VINCE!" thingy....
>
> Bring Berserker back! One post and it gets 14 responses in a few days?
> That guy would be a great feud with..... well, anybody!

One problem is, he is retired! (but then again he could do a Flair!)

Thankyou For Your Time

Sam Clark

Zoogz Rift

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95

Brad Bottorff <bott...@it.gvsu.edu> hints at some vague point:

Berserker=Nord the Barbarian=Jacob/Eli Blu

******************

No.

John Nord has CLASS! There's all the difference in the world!!!

--
--ZRTLM
<ap...@lafn.org>

ReaLMGuy

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
no, he's not retired.
He's wrestling in Japan I think....

Dave Harrison

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
"Wes T. Wetanko" was saying to All ...

> Remember a guy a few years back in the WWF named Berserker? He had a
> viking gimmic, and was really funny.... especially when he said "HUSK" a
> thousand times......
> Where did he go, and where is he now?

"TW> I don't care what people say, I liked the Berserker, he was
"TW> one of the only guys to ever REALLY crack me up when he was
"TW> in the ring. It was great how he would grab his wrist, hold
"TW> out his hand & yell "husk" or was it "huss" either way, it
"TW> was funny. Even worse he was managed by Mr. Fuji. Anyone
"TW> remember when he tried to stab the Undertaker with his
"TW> sword, but UT moved & he stabbed his sword right into the
"TW> ring? That was great. Another guy that always made me laugh
"TW> was PaPa Shango, all that voodoo stuff would alway's make me
"TW> laugh.. the jobbers getting set on fire, the black ooze, UW
"TW> vomiting... those were all classic.

What about throwing "Jameson" from the roof of the WWF studio and tying him to
stakes etc.

See you on the flip side,

Dave
rai...@ind3x.dircon.co.uk

... "Be capt'n would ye George Merry?"
| ind3x.dircon.co.uk in Nottingham, England /_ _|_ |
| // || |_|\/ |
| "...Slave to the hormone, body and soul..." // ||_|_|/\ |

Donald Martin

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
Zoogz Rift (ap...@lafn.org) wrote:

: No.

: John Nord has CLASS! There's all the difference in the world!!!

Oh, yeah, Zoogz!

Really classy to be wearing a mini-skirt to the ring, holding your hand
out to the audience begging for ice, and sticking your butt out to keep
Vince interested.

;)

Zoogz Rift

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95

> I don't care what people say, I liked the Berserker, he was one of the only
> guys to ever REALLY crack me up when he was in the ring....

> Another guy that always made me laugh was PaPa Shango, all that voodoo
> stuff would alway's make me laugh...
>
> --Wes.

100% agree on both counts. The Berzerker was great. HUSS! HUSS! HUSS!

Shango had some high points as well. He was good entertainment as well.

Brian

***************

I hate to make myself unpopular around here (!), but I TOTALLY AGREE!
I found both of these gimmicks to be very entertaining. Flair vs.
Steamboat is nice, and Terry Funk's the best, but it's nice having
some amusing SCHTICK once in a while, too!

We now go back to our regularly-scheduled programming.

--*MOAMOSAN*--GOD OF WRESTLING
--
* ZOOGZ RIFT (The Liquid Moamo) alt.fan.zoogz-rift *
* groovy rock star & pro wrestling MANAGER OF THE YEAR *

Steven Alexander Lachowski

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95
BTW, pardon my ignorance, but was (were) the Harris brothers
interchanged as 'Serker? He really came close to stabbing ol' Mark, too.
I remember what Heenan said in response too that incident. This gem of a
Brainism went something like this:

Brain: "Hey, Mcmahon, what would we have gotten if the
Berserker wouldv'e actually stabbed the UT?"

Mc: "I Couldn't..."

Brain: "COLD CUTS!"

That, ladies, gentlemen, and wrestling fans, IS COMEDY! :)

Steve (Hogan Hater)

KennyGalla

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95
The Berserker was Yukon John Nord,