Scott H's Top 26 Favorite Movies Ever

Scott H

May 21, 2008, 9:32:46 PM5/21/08
Bash this list all you want, its not what I'm calling the best movies
ever, just my 26 most entertaining movies to me. Why am I doing 26
instead of 25? Cause I looked at the 26 and couldn't think of which one
to eliminate to get down to 25, so screw it.

In alphabetical order...

American Pie
Attack of the Clones
Austin Powers 1
Beavis & Butthead Do America
Blues Brothers
A Christmas Story
Dances With Wolves
the Empire Strikes Back
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Forrest Gump
Groundhog Day
the Incredibles
Independence Day
Narnia - LWW
National Lampoons Vacation
Pirates of the Carribean 1
Ratatouille
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
the Shawshank Redemption
Shrek 1
Shrek 2
South Park
Spaceballs
Star Wars
UHF

Ahmed Johnson's Beer Belly v2.0

May 21, 2008, 9:38:21 PM5/21/08
Agree with (would be in my top 30):

> A Christmas Story
> Dances With Wolves
> the Empire Strikes Back
> Ferris Bueller's Day Off
> Groundhog Day
> South Park
> Spaceballs
> UHF
> the Shawshank Redemption

Can see the merit of:
> American Pie

> Austin Powers 1
> Beavis & Butthead Do America
> Blues Brothers

> the Incredibles

> National Lampoons Vacation
> Pirates of the Carribean 1
> Ratatouille
> Return of the Jedi
> Revenge of the Sith

WTF???:
> Attack of the Clones
> Forrest Gump

> Independence Day
> Narnia - LWW

So all-in-all Not bad.

> Shrek 1
> Shrek 2

> Star Wars

Scott H

May 21, 2008, 9:44:07 PM5/21/08
Ahmed Johnson's Beer Belly v2.0 wrote:

> WTF???:

>> Independence Day

Cause I was marking hard and saying "America, Fuck yeah!" after this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoyicAEYhJg

rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

May 21, 2008, 9:44:34 PM5/21/08

Dude, no "Animal House?!"

--
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
Be a member of...the OBAMA-nation!

Before God we are all equally wise -- and equally foolish. -- Albert Einstein

Scott H

May 21, 2008, 9:46:36 PM5/21/08

That *just* missed the cut. I had 30 movies at first and that was one I
took out in an attempt to get to 25.

"Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell

May 21, 2008, 9:49:14 PM5/21/08
Scott H wrote:
> Bash this list all you want, its not what I'm calling the best movies
> ever, just my 26 most entertaining movies to me. Why am I doing 26
> instead of 25? Cause I looked at the 26 and couldn't think of which one
> to eliminate to get down to 25, so screw it.
>
> In alphabetical order...

Wonder if I can come up with 26...

Jedi
Empire
Sith
New Hope
LotR: Return of the King
LotR: Fellowship of the Ring
LotR: The Two Towers
Rat Race
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Monty Python's Life of Brian
Transformers (original)
Bad Boys
Die Hard
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Ali
Dune (fuck the haters, it didn't follow the books but it was still great)
Star Trek TNG: First Contact
Con Air
Armageddon
Rush Hour
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
Diamonds are Forever
Friday
Castaway
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Lansdellicious - out. SURIMATE!
http://www.411mania.com/user_profile.php?user_id=2212
www.altraps.com

"Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell

May 21, 2008, 9:51:49 PM5/21/08
Scott H wrote:
> Bash this list all you want, its not what I'm calling the best movies
> ever, just my 26 most entertaining movies to me. Why am I doing 26
> instead of 25? Cause I looked at the 26 and couldn't think of which one
> to eliminate to get down to 25, so screw it.
>
> In alphabetical order...

Defend:

> American Pie
> Attack of the Clones
> Austin Powers 1
> Beavis & Butthead Do America

> the Empire Strikes Back
> Forrest Gump

> the Incredibles
> Independence Day
> Narnia - LWW
> National Lampoons Vacation
> Pirates of the Carribean 1
> Ratatouille
> Return of the Jedi
> Revenge of the Sith

> Shrek 1
> Shrek 2
> South Park

> Star Wars

Not seen:

> Blues Brothers
> A Christmas Story
> Dances With Wolves

> Ferris Bueller's Day Off

> Groundhog Day
> the Shawshank Redemption
> UHF

Refuse to see on principle:

> Spaceballs

Scott H

May 21, 2008, 9:52:31 PM5/21/08
"Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell wrote:
> Scott H wrote:
>> Bash this list all you want, its not what I'm calling the best movies
>> ever, just my 26 most entertaining movies to me. Why am I doing 26
>> instead of 25? Cause I looked at the 26 and couldn't think of which
>> one to eliminate to get down to 25, so screw it.
>>
>> In alphabetical order...
>>

> Wonder if I can come up with 26...

> LotR: Return of the King

> LotR: Fellowship of the Ring
> LotR: The Two Towers

> Transformers (original)

> Star Trek TNG: First Contact

> Armageddon
> Rush Hour
> Castaway

These would definitely be in my top 50.

Scott H

May 21, 2008, 9:54:52 PM5/21/08
"Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell wrote:

> Refuse to see on principle:
>
> > Spaceballs

Buh? Why would you refuse to see this on principle?

"Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell

May 21, 2008, 10:16:11 PM5/21/08

Same reason I won't watch the Family Guy Blue Harvest episode...you
don't fuck with Star Wars or LotR.

menotmeek

May 21, 2008, 10:28:36 PM5/21/08
On May 21, 7:16 pm, "\"Lansdellicious\" Chris Lansdell"

shawshank would be the only one at that list that would be in my top
25..

but i dont think i could realistically do a top 25, that would be to
hard, to much well this one belongs but..

Scott H

May 21, 2008, 10:32:50 PM5/21/08
"Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell wrote:
> Scott H wrote:
>> "Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell wrote:
>>
>>> Refuse to see on principle:

>> Buh? Why would you refuse to see this on principle?
>
> Same reason I won't watch the Family Guy Blue Harvest episode...you
> don't fuck with Star Wars or LotR.

I'm a big Star Wars mark (hell, I put Attack of the Clones in my top 26)
and Spaceballs fucking rules, man. You've got to see it. You won't be
disappointed.

the Bede

May 21, 2008, 10:52:13 PM5/21/08

""Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell" <lansdel...@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:69k39nF...@mid.individual.net...

> Scott H wrote:
>> "Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell wrote:
>>
>>> Refuse to see on principle:

>> Buh? Why would you refuse to see this on principle?
>
> Same reason I won't watch the Family Guy Blue Harvest episode...you don't
> fuck with Star Wars or LotR.

the Family Guy Star Wars is actually funny, unlike most Family Guys.

rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

May 21, 2008, 10:53:44 PM5/21/08
My turn:

Star Wars: A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Animal House
Blues Brothers
Tombstone (One of the greatest Westerns Ever IMHO)
The Incredibles

Star Trek TNG: First Contact

Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2

Full Metal Jacket
Goodfellas
The Shawshank Redemption
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
Ghost In The Shell (Yeah, it's Anime but it's fan-fucking-tastic)
King of New York
Enter The Dragon (THE greatest martial arts movie EVAH!)
Michael Collins
Highlander (ON TOPIC!)
Highlander 2
Big Trouble In Little China
Dogma
Snatch
Casablanca
Escape from New York
Superman

Scott H

May 21, 2008, 10:56:33 PM5/21/08

IAWTP.

The Citizen

May 21, 2008, 11:46:11 PM5/21/08
On Wed, 21 May 2008 20:32:46 -0500, Scott H <bulld...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Needs more "Monster Squad".

--
The Citizen
"And how can we win when fools can be kings?"

VISIONARY COMPLEX

May 22, 2008, 12:14:17 AM5/22/08
love monster squad

Bela Lugosis Dead,Undead,Undead,Undead-Bauhaus.

Just When You Think You Have The Answers,I Change The Questions-Rowdy
Roddy Piper.

Wrists Are For Girls,Im Slitting My Throat-Ginger 'Ginger Snaps'.

VISIONARY COMPLEX

May 22, 2008, 12:51:10 AM5/22/08
Since i am a huge horror fan 'mostly of the 70s-early 90s'. i think most
newer mainstream horror sucks but there is some good indy horror.

Invasion of the body snatchers '78'.
Beetlejuice.
The Crow.
Killer Klowns From Outer Space.
Nightmare before christmas.
Suspiria.
Ginger Snaps.
The Naked Gun.
Jaws.
The Lost Boys.
Pet Semetary.
Elvira Mistress Of The Dark.
Phantasm.
Return Of The Living Dead.
Dawn Of The Dead.
Nightmare On eLM Street.
The Monster Squad.
Halloween.
Fright Night.
April Fools Day 'the original'.
Legend.
Re-Animator.
They Live.
Toic Avenger.
Motel Hell.
Demons 1 and 2.

there alot more but these are just the top of my head.

FM - No static at all!

May 22, 2008, 3:22:36 AM5/22/08
On May 21, 10:53 pm, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"
<rwa2p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My turn:
>
> Highlander 2

Highlander II: The Quickening... brave(?) choice...

Ahmed Johnson's Beer Belly v2.0

May 22, 2008, 3:30:34 AM5/22/08
On May 21, 9:16 pm, "\"Lansdellicious\" Chris Lansdell"

<lansdellici...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scott H wrote:
> > "Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell wrote:
>
> >> Refuse to see on principle:
>
> >>  > Spaceballs
>
> > Buh?  Why would you refuse to see this on principle?
>
> Same reason I won't watch the Family Guy Blue Harvest episode...you
> don't fuck with Star Wars

Why not? George Lucas did.

Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!

May 22, 2008, 9:47:45 AM5/22/08

"VISIONARY COMPLEX" <PIERCED_VISO...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Since i am a huge horror fan 'mostly of the 70s-early 90s'. i think most
> newer mainstream horror sucks but there is some good indy horror.

> Ginger Snaps.

Woulda never guessed... :-)

LG
--
The most charismatic and entertaining of the right-wing kooks that lurk
around here. - ViNNY

Peck

May 22, 2008, 10:49:24 AM5/22/08

the Toy Story films are >>>>>>>> the Shreks 1 and 2

and Shrek 3 was a dumpster fire, don't get me started

- Peck

JeffH

May 22, 2008, 1:09:00 PM5/22/08

you are gay.

livin...@yahoo.com

May 22, 2008, 2:52:28 PM5/22/08
On May 21, 9:32 pm, Scott H <bulldog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Bash this list all you want, its not what I'm calling the best movies
> ever, just my 26 most entertaining movies to me.  Why am I doing 26
> instead of 25?  Cause I looked at the 26 and couldn't think of which one
> to eliminate to get down to 25, so screw it.
>
> In alphabetical order...
>
> American Pie

You are gay for this. I saw it in the theatre in 99, and regret it.

> Attack of the Clones

El Oh El. I was just wondering the other day who likes this movie.

> Austin Powers 1

2 might be better. 3 was definitely the worst though, by a pretty wide
margin.

> Beavis & Butthead Do America

Very disappointing. Not as bad as the last couple seasons, but not
nearly as good as the show in its prime.

> Blues Brothers

Overrated.

> A Christmas Story

I used to love it once, but saw it too many times. After the TNT 24
hour marathon I can't watch it anymore.

> Dances With Wolves

It's good, but I don't know about all the critical acclaim and it's
status as a classic now.

> the Empire Strikes Back

As a whole it's a better movie than episode 4 and 6, but there are
scenes from 4 and 6 that are much better than some of this movie.

> Ferris Bueller's Day Off

This one is in my top 5.

> Forrest Gump

This movie did more bad for American than good. Before it Tom Hanks
was the guy from that TV show, and Big. But afterwards, he only had to
star in "touching" movies.

> Groundhog Day

Remember when TBS used to show this 80 times a year? It was good the
first seven or eight times I saw it, but it's really just a romantic
comedy, with a gimmick.

> the Incredibles

I agree.

> Independence Day

El Oh El again.

> Narnia - LWW

Good movie, but it's two and a half stars compared to the book.

> National Lampoons Vacation

I prefer European Vacation.

> Pirates of the Carribean 1

It's ok, but the romanctic scenes were too cheesy.

> Ratatouille
> Return of the Jedi

Like I said above, the scene where Luke is dressed in black and acts
like a badass at the sarlaac pit is better than most scenes in TESB.

> Revenge of the Sith
> the Shawshank Redemption

Yeah, it's ok I guess. Too high lauded, and it used to be way too
overplayed on TV, but it's good.

> Shrek 1
> Shrek 2

No to both of these. You might as well list Beauty and the Beast.

> South Park

This was much better than the Beavis And Butthead movie.

> Spaceballs

I hate how Mel Brooks combined Luke and Han Solo into one character.

> Star Wars

Han shooting first is > than much of TESB.

> UHF

Can you believe there are people that have seen this movie, yet had
never seen the dire straits money for nothing video and didn't
understand the beverly hillbillies parody in this movie? I learned
that on youtube.

donny

May 22, 2008, 4:55:40 PM5/22/08

These aren't in order, but I like: 'All That Jazz',
'The Bounty',
'Apocolypse Now'(sp I know),
'Full Metal Jacket',
'Missouri Breaks',
'Walker',
'Highlander',
'all the Alien Films',
'Predator',
'Predator II',
'The Departed',
and many others...

"Lansdellicious" Chris Lansdell

May 22, 2008, 8:58:30 PM5/22/08

Is that the one with the kids vs a bunch of horro movie guys and the
Frankenstein befriends the little girl and goes
"PHOEEEEEEEEEEBEEEEEEEEEEE!!" or is that something else?

The Citizen

May 22, 2008, 9:10:38 PM5/22/08
On Thu, 22 May 2008 22:28:30 -0230, "\"Lansdellicious\" Chris
Lansdell" <lansdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Needs more "Monster Squad".
>

>Is that the one with the kids vs a bunch of horro movie guys and the
>Frankenstein befriends the little girl and goes
>"PHOEEEEEEEEEEBEEEEEEEEEEE!!" or is that something else?

YES!

Just watched it two nights ago for the first time in almost twenty
years. A godawful movie, but in an entertaining way.

rwa2play (Lost mode on)

May 23, 2008, 10:07:56 AM5/23/08
On May 22, 3:22 am, "FM - No static at all!" <fun...@my-deja.com>
wrote:

I actually have the European Version; that version made more sense
than the released American version.

Peck

May 23, 2008, 11:05:31 AM5/23/08
On May 21, 8:51 pm, "\"Lansdellicious\" Chris Lansdell"

You aren't missing much. There's at least 5 movies by Mel Brooks
*MUCH* funnier than Spaceballs.

- Peck