[ECW] 5/13/95 Los Lurkers Locos Review

rdu...@vaxc.stevens-tech.edu

May 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/14/95
*WARNING* This file contains random thoughts, opinions, and non-related events
to the ECW show on Sat. If you aren't interested in any of this, don't read
further. If you don't like all the ECW Posts, just skip them. You have
been warned.

Live With Los Lurkers Locos - ECW 5/13/95 "Enter the Sandman"

Hello once again from the beautiful metropolis that is... Hoboken. I
just got back from my ECW weekend and am trying to recuperate. Much as the
last time I was at the ECW arena, this weekend resulted in a maximum of 4
hours sleep from Friday 8 p.m. to Sunday 8 a.m. Steve "the Insane" showed
up at my dorm room at 11:30 on friday and we started watching the JoMosh
tape #2. After attempting to fall asleep for about an hour, we gave in and
decided to pull the all nighter at 4 a.m. and watch the more of the tape.

This time to train ride down was uneventful, no clowns in the same car as
us this time. At Tom's house we were watching ECW on CTN, which had been
back logged for a few weeks (they should have been showing the show just
after Hostile City II)... but when we tuned in, they had this week's show
from Florida... I was more than a little dissappointed because now I missed
my TV debut when I passed Tommy Dreamer a frying pan... DAMN IT!

The actual drive down was interesting. We had 5 brushes with death this drive
down, 2 of which happened on Tom's block. Also a car in front of us drove
over a woodchuck, but he didn't crush him, he more or less stunned him and
sent the soon to be dead woodchuck into a flat spin on the pavement. After
seeing this we're ready to go.

In attendence this time, a full roster : Rev. Ray, Steve "the Insane"
Pillmeier, "The Silencer" Tom Long and "Ravishing" Rick Gualtieri

Tom has earned a new nickname because just like Dean Malenko, he never says
anything... and after sitting next to him the whole card, I can confirm this.
The other LLL's are jealous and want new nicknames, but they've got to earn
them.

Anyways, we arrive at the parking lot and greet the usual bums. Many who
haven't seen them before get to take in the great "Los Lurkers Locos" t-shirts
(available via the Triple L hotline! Order yours now!). We stand on line
for awhile. Somebody walks around handing out fliers selling nude pix of
Beaula. Apparently Beaula was a Penthouse Pet and these guys came across the
test photos. You can guy this set of pictures for $75. Yeah, whatever.
We watch as the wrestlers walk in. Someone shows Tommy Dreamer a picture of
him setting Beaula up for the piledriver and asks him if it was "Scratch n'
sniff". Later Don E. Allen walks by and I said "Hey look, it's Lou Albino.",
which made him stop. I was "lucky" enough to read a profile of Don E. from
one of Steve's mark mags (one which included a scouting report on Steve
DiSalvo... I kid you not). PE come out and tape some sort of interview in
front of the crowd, after they go inside, security comes by and tells us
that we're not allowed to bring in any weapons for the wrestlers. WTF?
It seems as if it is a tradition in ECW to bring stuff, I'm wondering what
prompted the change of heart. Steve had his plunger and printer cable taken
away. I can live with the decision if everone's stuff go taken, but later in
the night, we saw a bunch of weapons in the crowd

Rick summed this card up as a triple B. It had Babes, Blood and Barbed Wire!
I think thi swas one of the better overall ECW cards I've been to. In the
past there have been a opening-mid card that dragged and picked up at the
end, but this one was solid top to bottom. Chris Benoit couldn't make it
because of a problem in the family.... bummer, I hope his relative is OK.

Here's the run down :

"The Hitman" Tony Stetson v. "The Shah" Hack Meyers : Stetson comes out
and a bunch of us start a "End it now chant". Tony's matches that I have
seen have all sucked. This one turned out to be watchable. Hack with lots
of Shah's, but when Tony gets on the offense, the bums start chanting "Shit!"
for Tony as they would "Shah!" for Hack. Tony's expression during this was
hilarious. He seemed confused at first, but he and the ref started to smirk
after a bit. End came after a Hack leg drop on the apron followed by the
Top Rope Facedriver.

911/Taz v. The Oriental Connection : While the Young Dragons are trying to
be Liger, the OC are trying to be Muta. Taz starts, suplexes them around,
at one point, both OC are on Taz, he wraps his arms around both of them and
gives them both a suplex at once. Tag to 911, double chokeslam. He gives
each of them another chokeslam and gets the pin. Some mutants from the
non-bum bleachers start a chant of "Sabu" which draws the "Fuck Sabu" chant
from almost everyone else. Paul E. says their entiled to their opinion...
but reminds us this was also the group of geniuses who chanted boring during
the Malenko/Gurerro match last time.

Interview with Joey Styles : Axl comes out and says some stuff about Florida
crowds. He then says he wants one more round with the Barbed Wire Baseball
Bat. Out runs Ian with a chair wrapped in barbed wire. Usual sick match
with the BW. Rule of thumb... if you are in a match like this and you want
to brawl into the stands... LEAVE THE BAT BEHIND! Thank you. The match
ends with Ian setting for a Banzai Drop on Axl who has the bat on his chest.
Axl blocks it by lifting up the bat to Ian's crotch. He puts him away with
a back suplex onto the BWChair for the pin. That was sick.

Raven & Steve Richards w/Beaula in her neckbrace v. Tommy Dreamer & Mikey
Whipwreck : Before the match starts, Shane Douglas comes out and says how he's
going to make sure the rules are followed in the ECW. He had his lovely lawyer
call up the Penn. Athletic Commission to send in a ref to make sure the rules
are followed. Any use of weapons or hitting the ref could result in them
shutting down the card. Thanks Shane. Tod comes out and isn't too happy about
this deal. New ref does the match. Some pretty nice clean work all around.
Raven really needs to sell some moves. Richards and Raven actually showed
some good team work. There was one spot with Raven body slamming Mikey off the
top rope to the floor and Dreamer catching Mikey. The match ends with Raven
and Dreamer brawling. Ref DQ's Dreamer for using closed fists. Tommy
threatens the ref, Shane tells him to hit the ref and they shut the card down.
Cactus comes out and tells Shane if he doesn't like how things are in the ECW,
he should leave.

Next match : Eddy Gurerro v. Dean Malenko. Pre-match Eddy announces that he's
retiring the Los Gringos Locos colors out of respect to the team that he and
Art Barr were. A 30 minute draw. Some great scientific wrestling in this.
However, at one point, Eddy did a rope walk into a leaping Frankenrana...
unfortunately, Eddy seemed to scrape or bang his head on the way down and
seemed to be juicing hardway. He seemed dazed for a while, but still wrestled
a good match.

First World Title match of the night : Cactus Jack v. the Sandman w/ Woman.
I think Diamond Dallas Paige summed up the way Woman looked this evening when
he say... "GOOD GAWD!" While I've liked the Sandman's style before... tonight
he showed a bunch of new moves in his matches (including a slingshot on the
ropes into a senton and a plancha type leap off the apron and over the ring
railing.) that earned him more respect from me. One sick spot in the match
his Sandman puts a table up longways in the middle of the ropes, Cactus blocks
a ram into the table, he runs Sandman into it. Cactus pushes Sandman up against
the table and then lifts it up so sandman is lying on the table as it sits on
the top rope... he then tips the table over, sending sandman sliding down
backwards to the floor more or less on the back of his head/neck... SICK!
At one point, a woman walks down to the ring and throws a pail into the ring
and then leaves the back. The pail has barbed wire in it. Jack wraps it
around his arm and starts punching away at sandman. I'm pretty sure he
gave him a hipbuster with the barbed wire arm. Cactus goes for the pin, Shane
runs down and puts Sandman's foot on the ropes. Cactus thinks he's won and sees
shane, they start arguing. Sandman gets the cane, crotch shot, pin. 1-2-3,
Sandman retains.

Intermission. Ring crew tries to fix the ring which has a noticible hump *Marty
Feldman Mode on* Hump? What hump? *MFM off*

Marty Jannetty v. Eddy Gurrero. Marty was supposed to take on Benoit, but they
gave him the winner of the TV title match. A so-so to pretty good match. I
think Eddy was still hurting from his previous match. Eddy wins with
Frankenrana. Marty I thought could have been better. The fans were pretty
ruthless towards him, which I don't know if it was all entirely warranted.
Post match, Dean runs in and hits Eddy with the TV belt. I'm pretty sure Shane
was with him. Someone else comes out to make the save I'm pretty sure it was
Cactus. Marty helps Eddy back to the locker room.

Shane Douglas v. The Sandman : Both guys put on good moves. Back and forth,
Sandman goes for the pin after blocking the belly-to-belly and doing one of his
own. Sandman goes for the pin, Shane puts his foot on the ropes, but Cactus
pushes his foot off the ropes. Sandman wins right? Well, the trouble shooting
ref comes out and says the match has to continue. Shane rolls up the Sandman
for the pin. Shane's the champ, right? Well... I don't know. The ECW ref
takes the belt away from Shane and gives it to the Sandman. Who's the champ?
We don't know. The matches were good, the booking of the endings.... eh.
Post match, a fight between Shane, Cactus and Dean starts, Dreamer comes out
for the save. Out comes Raven (with a large metal fan cover) and Richards.
Raven gives Tommy a DDT on the fan cover. Damage control had to help out
Dreamer.

Main Event : Public Enemy v. The Pitbulls : Double Dog Collar match, if PE
wins, they get 5 minutes with Richards. PE come out and work the crowd,
PE informs us they heard Steve likes it "Doggie Style". A wild, wild brawl.
About 5 or 6 tables get used during the match. There were a lot of spots and
I know I can't really do this justice. Rocco took a superbomb through a
table. The Pitbulls showed their brillance by trying to avoid tangling their
chains and ending up causing a knot. Match ended with the Pitbull #1 on Rocco
and Johnny on Pitbull #2. A double superplex type move and both teams go for
the pin at one. The ref only counts down the Pitbull. They think they've won
the belts, but they haven't. The PBs work over PE until the ref throws them
out. Richards alternates hitting Rock and Grunge while their down. He says
over the mic that they signed to get five minutes with Richards, but he's
really getting 5 minutes with the PE. Steve works them over for a bit until
he tries to ram their heads together and PE start kicking his ass. The set for
the Drive By but Raven and the Pitbulls make the save. Dreamer runs out and
jumps on Raven. PE and PB fight to the back. Raven and Richards double up on
Tommy as Beaula comes down. Eventually Luna Vachon runs out in an outfit which
didn't leave much to the imagination and brought new meaning to the phrase read
between the lines. Luna starts beating up Richards, Tommy dispatches of Raven.
Beaula pulled in the ring, Tommy sets her up for the 4 corner's piledriver,
giving us all a nice look at Beaula's undergarments while Tommy did his
impression of a snake. Beaula receives her 4th or 5th piledriver in her ECW
career. Match ends as Luna and Dreamer kiss... I hope Vampire Warrior isn't
watching :-)

angles for the Con. I'm thinking a triangle match with Sandman, Cactus and
Shane might be on the way or something with the Pitbulls and Raven/Richards
v. PE/Dreamer and partner (Luna?) All and all, I had a pretty good time,
despite the fact I was sitting in between the psycho kids, whom we wanted to
drop of the bleachers a few times. The next show for us may be the Con and
we're looking forward to it.

On the way home, Tom got us lost *2* times... the adventure never ends when
your a triple L. We ended up pulling the second all nighter in a row and
watched more tapes. Well, that's about all I can recount for now.

Just random questions from me :

- Does anyone know what the story is with the bringing of weapons for the
wrestlers? Are they gone for good? What was the reason for the change?
A lot of us heard what went down in Florida, so we think that might be the
reason for the uppeded security. While we will miss the chance to prove that
the Triple L's are the kings of the international objects and not Moose,
we feel that for the safety of the crowd, it might be a good decision to check
bags (especially since I've seen a lot of flying objects in recent times.)

- Who knows the artists/titles of the music used by the Triple Threat and by
Taz.

Later

|Ray Duffy, MiSTy #38729, Rev. of ULC, Internet F**khead, As Seen on TV |
|"And in the ring, we're badder mutha's than Shaft!" -Barry Bromowitz 2/19/95 |
|The opinions of Ray Duffy do not necessarily reflect those of anyone else on |
|the planet. |