[ECW 11/25] Salisbury, MA Part 2: MOB Parties with ECW

Mr. Wilson

Nov 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/30/95
After the matches were over at Champs Arena in Salisbury, MA on Nov. 25, me
and the rest of the MOB went out back to see if we could meet some of the ECW
stars. Sandman was one of the first wrestlers we seen come out and
ironically he headed straight for a bar called The Sands. He was pretty
loaded during the match with Mikey Whipwreck, so after he came out, he was
barely able to walk. We eventually seen 911, The Dudleys, Raven, Tommy
Dreamer, The Pitbulls, and Public Enemy.

To my surprise, Johnny Grundge came up to us and asked if any of us were
heading back to Boston because his ride (Knuckles Nelson, a local wrestler)
had left him behind. Charlie (a friend of the MOB) volunteered to drive
Johnny Grundge and another ECW star (who we thought was Pitbull #2, the bald
one) back to their hotel.

Before we left for the Days Inn on Route 1, Grundge asked if we could hang
out in bar directly next to the arena while he and Pitbull went to the liquor
store. When they got back Grundge was very generous by buying beer for
everyone. The Sandman who was with Woman didn't need any more beer. There
was some rock band playing in this bar that night and Sandman (in a drunken
stupor) went right up to the front of the stage and glared at the singer (who
was female) for about 5 minutes. Boy, having the Sandman stare at you with
that blank look on his face can be pretty scary (especially when he was
holding that Singapore cain). Although, I must say I felt pretty safe in that
bar with the Pitbulls, Sandman, and Johnny Grundge sitting next to us!

After leaving the bar, I was surprised to see it was Johnny Grundge and Woman
who got into the car with us. Sandman put all of his bags in the trunk and
tapped Charlie in the head with his Sandman stick while warning us not to
take any of his beer (I don't think I would want to attempt doing that). He
was to big to get in the back with Woman and Grundge, so he ended up going in
Pitbull #2's car who followed us.

On the way down the hotel, I learned alot things about wrestling from Woman
(who was drinking out of a wine bottle) and some of the ECW staff while
partying with them in their hotel room.

Here is a list of the significant things they told me:

- ECW is close to signing up Vader who would team with Tommy Dreamer and
feud against Cactus Jack and Raven.
- Woman : Is still married to Kevin Sullivan (I thought they were divorced)
Her real name is Nancy Elizabeth Sullivan
Is originally from South Boston and is half African American
Left WCW because Ric Flair kept hitting on her (No kidding!?)
- The Public Enemy will most likely go to WCW instead of the WWF
- The Shawn Michaels incident is definitely a WORK
- The WWF steroid case is going back to court because of witness
manipulation and perjury. McMahon is also in danger of losing Titan Towers
because of the legal expense (which would mean no more WWF).
- ECW is preparing to go national and have PPV's on a quarterly basis
- Konnan is coming to WCW
- Shane Douglas put in his notice and is returning to ECW

Of course these pieces of info should be treated as rumor because their was a
fair amount of drinking going on.

I really didn't get to talk to Sandman much because he was pretty trashed.
He was sitting on the bed while hold his head up on the night stand. Johnny
Grundge invited us to come down to Philly and watch an ECW show. I told him
that the MOB had been to the ECW Con II, and I was in the front row with a
blue Luche mask and had handed him a big Honeydew melon to hit the Gangstas
with. He started laughing and said he remembered me and our "BLEED HERE"
sign.

Overall it was a very fun night and I found the ECW stars to be good people
once you get to know them.

Mr. Wilson :{)
Mutants Of Boston (MOB)
"He's hardcore!!"

Kimberly Brown

Dec 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/1/95
You guys have ALL the frigging luck, you know that, don't you?! Anyway,
Salisbury was my first ECW show, and I had a great time. When I wasn't
dodging chairs and things, of course... :)

Stevie Richards - you've made me a fan.

Hope to see the MOB again soon!! :)

Tygger

(PS - Bummer about the keyboard guys, maybe you should try something a
tad more understated...)
"If a tree falls in the woods, and there's no one around, and it hits a
mime, does anyone care?" - Gary Larson
"BOINGY! BOINGY! BOINGY!" - Yakko, Wakko, and Dot