[ECW] 3/8 & 3/9 : Live w/ Los Lurkers Locos

Ray Duffy

Mar 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/11/96
Greetings all,

Rev. Ray with another stupid little arena report.

Despite the threat of snow and freezing cold, the Original LLL's
(Rev. Ray, "Lord" Tom, Steve "the Insane" and "Canadian Crippler"
Chri... Ravishing Rick) braved the trip to Queens New York.

Today's forecast.... one word, Fuckin' Cold! We reach Queens relatively
ok. Finding the hall wasn't that hard either (we had a ride last time
from Pogo Pete Stein's dad.) Two times to Queens, two times freezing
cold. While waiting outside, we see New Jack hanging out. I'm not sure
if people were giving him any shit (I was too busy shivering) Jack did
come away with a slice of people from someone. Various people are
selling stuff. Sandman shows up (drinking) and starts selling shirts.
Other people are selling Cactus shirts, plugging that you can keep warm
with them... yeah, if you use them to start a fire.

After what seemed to be an eternity (and after several "Let us in!"
chants). We make it inside with all our fingers and toes still attached.

We get inside, get pretty good seats, about 4 rows back and near a
lighting tower. I walk around a like bit, I see Tod Gordon taking a
picture for some fan of the fan with Paul E. Now that's a fan friendly
president :-) Amoung the gimmicks they're selling are a lot of poloroids
for Francine and Beulah, as well as pictures of Missy... and the Head
Hunters... right next to each other. It was kind of like one of those
"One of these things is not like the others."

First, Francine and Beulah are in the ring taking pictures. Francine
replended in leather outfit and neckbace. Apparently they gotten over
that whole cat fight incident. While pictures are being taken, Hack
Myers, Axl Rotten and Mikey Whipwreck walk around ringside talking to people.
Steve thinks that Mikey should get in line and get a picture taken, it
turns out that Hack, Axl and Mikey all try to get theirs taken with the
two, but get turned down. Mikey persists, but no dice. Francine and
Beulah leave. Axl comes back out and gives out signed pictures for
free. He also gets to sign some girl's chest. Well, I think that made
his day.

The delays just keep on coming. Axl leaves and out comes Woman.
Apparently WCW don't pay all that much so an evening taking pictures in
Queens in more profitable :-) The fans give her a lot of shit the whole
time, mostly "You sold out" chants. One retard gets his picture taken,
then yells something, rips up the picture... whatever. Woman leaves and
out comes the ring annoucer, Joel. We're ready to go right? No, Paul
E.'s out.

He informs us the reason everything's running so late is that the people
from A Current Affair are here to do a positive story about them. Paul
E. works the crowd. Apparently, the WWF and WCW said something about
them trying to get a PPV contract. Hey, if the CWA can get a PPV, I
don't see why ECW can't.

OK, by now we're anywhere from an hour to half hour late (depends on when
the show is really supposed to start)

Match #1 : Shark Attack something v. Taz w/ Bill Alfonso : Basic
squash. Taz with various suplexes, putting the guy away with the
Tazmission. Taz gets on the mic and tells the sound guy to play 911's
music and to get that big goof out. Music plays and out comes Todd.
Todd informs us that 911 doesn't want to fight Taz and he left the
building. Bill challenges Tod. We get a brief schuffle with Tod getting
the uphand. Taz runs back in and starts pounding on Tod. Out of the
back comes BAM BAM BIGELOW! Bam Bam runs in and makes the save. He
informs Taz that he doesn't have to deal with 911, he has to deal with
the Beast from the East. I think Bam Bam is a very good addition,
especially if he's healthy. Steve points out that if it wasn't bad
enough before, now he gets to use tables and chairs.

Match #2 : Axl Rotten/Ubas v. The Head Hunters w/ Damien Kane & Lady
Alexander : The Abby Twins actually have names, Moabid and
something else. Oh well, so much for my "Let's go A!" and "Let's go
B!" chants. Ubas by the way is back to being "El Peurto Ricano from
Equador". Hunters dominate early on Ubas, Ubas tags to Axl and things a
bit more even, Axl decks Damien Kane when he gets on the apron. Ubas tag
in and gets worked over. Assort spots he took : A nice tigerbomb, a leg
drop and big splash simultaniously. The match ends with one of the
Hunters hitting the moonsault on Ubas. The Hunters looked good, I'm
hoping they stick around.

Match #3 : Cactus Jack/Mikey v. The Eliminators : Raven joins Mikey and
Cactus to the ring, spending most of his time pushing around Mikey,
Cactus protects Mikey. Cactus has on his "WW F'n F" shirt with "Join the
New Generation" on the back. There are a lot of people with
anti-"Mankind" signs. I personally hope the name is a fake and it's just
Cactus fucking around with people. Mikey starts, tries to wrestling
scientfic. Cactus coaches from the apron, suggesting that he use an eye
gouge. Most of the time, they're playing around with Mikey and Cactus.
Cactus tags in and bawls, sets up one of the Eliminators for a double
team, but Mikey won't take it. Cactus asks Mikey if he's going to
cooperate and if he's not to leave because he'll defend the belts just
like how he won them, all by himself. Eliminators do a few double teams,
brawl breaks out. Cactus gets a bottle from outside and breaks it. He
gets in the ring and threatens Saturn, Mikey drop kicks Cactus forcing
him to drop the glass. Saturn picks it up and goes after Cactus, but
Mikey saves Cactus. Eventually, Mikey and Cactus bump, Eliminators take
advantage and hit Mikey with "Total Elimination" (aka Hurricane Eliminator).
NEW ECW Tag Team Champs : The Eliminators

Raven comes out and attacks Mikey, Cactus pushes away Raven. I think
Mikey tries to go after Raven and Cactus nails him. On the way out,
Cactus takes the mic and tells us that in about a year, he's going to
have to look at himself in the mirror and realize he's sold out... the
Philly Spectrem, MSG, etc. He lets us know he's moving up to the big time.

As Joey tries to interview the Eliminators, Francine comes out and tells
them how attracted she is to men with gold. Apparently she bumped her
head and thinks she's Woman :-) She distracts the Eliminators long
enough for the Pitbulls to run in and attack them. They hang Saturn
over the top rope with a chain, then let Francine hold him there as they
Superbomb Kronos. Francine gets some sissors and cuts some of Saturn's
hair off.

Match #4 : Raven/Richards w/ Kimono Wanalaya v. Douglas/Dreamer w/ Beulah
Richards comes out and tells everyone that he and Meanie are now known
as the Fabulous Ones. That's Dancin' Stevie (Ka-CHING!) and Stan the
Blue Meanie. They do a great Fargo strut and start dancing like only they
can. Beulah is annouced as "One hot momma". She gives Dreamer a lap
dance as Raven and Kimono sit in the other corner. Yeah, she looks real
pregnant. I will say if me and Beulah don't work out, I found a new babe
to drool over, Kimono... hey, if Beulah has someone else kid, that's where I
draw the line... that and being on Shane's side :-)

Stevie starts with Dreamer. They do some spots, Stevie rolls out of the
ring and plays he's hurt. He takes off his shirt and has Meanie give him
a "Razor Ramon" shirt. For those not paying attention, Razor was the one
who injured Shane. Shane and Stevie fight, Shane rips off the shirt,
wipes his ass with it and shoves it in Stevie's mouth. Tommy tags in,
wipes his crotch with it and stuffs it in Stevie's mouth. Beulah, does
not get a turn to wipe the shirt on part of her person. Brawl goes back
and forth for a bit. Shane does a bit of brawling during the match. At
one point, he holds a chair in front of Stevie as Tommy gives the chair a
sliding drop kick from the ring. Shane gave someone a Stun Gun onto the
buckle with a chair on it. Cactus does a run in, followed by Sandman who
canes all 4 guys and then leaves. At one point, Meanie tries to interfere,
however, Stevie ends up receiving the Meanie-sault. Raven makes the
save. Finish comes with Beulah taping a frying pan to Dreamer's boot and
Stevie falls to an Enzugiri.

A good match. Shane looked pretty good. I think one of my problems with
Shane is that he's not very consistant on good matches (at least the ones
I've seen). If he can be consistant, not do 20 minute interviews and
stop whining about WCW (and the WWF), I might warm up to him a little.

Match #5 : Rey Misterio Jr. v. Juventdud Guerrera (Feurza's son) : This
was supposed to be a Mexican Death match, but this was a very pleasant
surprise. Rey and Guerrera have feuded in Mexico and I just saw a tape
of them and was hoping they'd bring the two together. A great match with
a few comedy spots and some great work. I can't do it justice. End
comes with Guerrera setting up for a Super Niagra Driver, but Rey
turning it into a frankensteiner for the pin.

Joey comes out and works the crowd and sets up from TV interviews. Taz
and Alfonso come out and call out 911. Rey Misterio Jr. comes out and
tells Taz not to talk that way about 911 since he's not there. Taz
attacks Rey, he tries to chokelam him, but it gets converted into a head
scissors type move. Eventually, Taz gets control and Taz-plexes him. JT
and Hack come out to check on Rey. JT stomps Rey and Hack runs him off.
As Joey is still in the ring, Woman comes out. She says she's staying in
that ring and no one can move her. Sandman comes out. Woman asks him if
he'll leave again. He says no. He tells her he realized she's been a
bitch her whole time in ECW. 2 Cold comes out a Woman thinks he'll
leave with her. He says no and carries her out of the building. As
Sandman's in the ring, Stevie comes out. He tells Sandman that Raven's
giving him a chance to not take the match. Sandman tells Stevie he's
coming for his (Sandman's) belt. Stevie gives him another chance, or
he'll have to Stevie Kick him... no, Meanie will have to Stevie Kick
him. Meanie ends up getting a few cane shots. Sandman warns Stevie
again and leaves. Raven and Kimono come out. Raven tells that he got a
Stevie a flunkie, and all he does is gets the guy beat up. He was
supposed to give Beulah one pill a day, and he could do that. And he
couldn't even talk a "drunk and a drug addict" out of the match. Raven
threats to fire Richards. Stevie promises Raven he has something good.
Raven slaps Richards around. Stevie fishes a letter out of Meanie's
pants. He informs us that his "fat lawyer from Scarsdale" has helped him
start a sexual harassment suit against Missy Hyatt. He says he was
uncomfortable when she touched him in places he was afraid to wash 6
months ago. Missy comes out and says that this is rediculous, it was the
best night of Stevie's life. Stevie tells her to stay away, he's got a
restraining order. Raven threatens her, Missy insults him. Sandman runs
out and runs off the baddies. Missy says that since Woman's gone,
Sandman needs some guidance. So she lights up a cigarette and puts it in
Sandman's mouth. Sandman gets a beer, chugs it, smashes it on his
forehead, and ends up bleeding from it.

All in all, this whole serious took about a half hour. Parts of it were
very funny... but it went a wee bit long.

Match #6 : Rob Van Dam v. "Lionheart" Chris Jericho : This was a very
good match, however the crowd was mostly dead. It was very late and
everyone had just sat through 30 minutes of interviews. A good match
with some very nice spots. End came with Jericho piledriving Rob and
then hitting the Asai Moonsault for the pin. A good match, but the crowd
wasn't really into it.

Match #7 : Buh Buh Ray Dudley w/ DW, Big Dick & Sign Guy v. JT Smith :
JT comes out with his head bandaged up. He tells Buh Buh he can't
wrestle because he "was shot to death". He offers Buh Buh $100 just to
leave. Buh Buh debates it for a short bit, but ends up attacking JT and
puts him out with the Buh Buh Bomb. Buh Buh has the $100 and makes as if
he's going to goldfingers. The fans convince him to come back to the
ring and dance. He does, then makes a run for Goldfingers.

Match #8 : Sabu v. Mr. Hughes : Oh man... Hughes sucks. This match
wasn't all that great. Sabu won in 12 minutes with I think a rope
launched leg lariat with a chair. This initially was announced as the
main event... then they realized they had one more match.

Match #9 : The Gangstas v. 2 Cold Scorpio/The Sandman : New Jack runs
out to the ring with a trash can and dumps it out in the ring... this
results in a whole lot of shitheads throwing cans and other crap towards
the ring the whole match. This was very annoying. It was so annoying, I
really was distracted from the match. 2 Cold and Sandman got the win.

The end of the card was a bit of a let down. All the assholes throwing
shit in the ring was very annoying. I was hoping that security would
make themselves useful, last show they were lumbering around the whole
show. This time they were hardly seen the whole time. You know, as bad
as people say the Philly crowd is, I'd take them over the Queens crowd
any time. There are some real big retards in Queens.

Overall thoughts : I think if the card had been charted a bit better, it
would have been an overall better card. Jericho and Van Dam probably
would have had a better reaction if they were earlier in the card or
before the 30 minutes of TV interviews. Have to wait and see how Missy
will turn out. I was very surprised to see Woman in and it seems like
she was only there so they could do a rerun of her getting kicked out.

Best shirt of the night : The Shane Douglas mark from the Arena
"Grammaticly Correct... and Extremely Proud of it."

Second Place : Woman in front of us with "Stay the Fuck Away From Me" on
her coat.

Oh well, it's late, well, early, but I didn't get any sleep.

So till next time this is Rev. Ray....

asking why if you're in the front row, who you *INSIST* on standing up?

And saying....

This note's for you.

From fen...@soho.ios.com Mon Feb 19 03:32:23 1996
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 03:24:36 -0500 (EST)
From: "Rev. Ray Duffy" <fen...@soho.ios.com>
To: mr...@aol.com
cc: Ray <bl...@freenet.carleton.ca>
Subject: ECW - write up

Live with Los Lurkers Locos : ECW Con III - 2/16 - 2/17/96

Greetings everyone,

Rev. Ray Duffy with yet another stupid ECW Convention report. I know some
people think well of my reports, this was I feel is substandard. Oh well,
here we go anyway.

Well, this year's Convention was... an experience...

The fun begins on Friday. With the threat of snow looming, we (Lord Tom,
Steve the Insane and myself) attempt to get at a 10am train to Tom's house.
Unfortunately, we missed the train (this was my fault) and have to settle for
a later one. By the time we reach Long Branch, New Jersey around 12pm...
it's snowin' like a motherfucker. We finally reach Tom's house by 2:30pm.
By now, with atleast an hour and change ride ahead of us, we've pretty much
assumed we're not going to make the bus to Delaware.

I think two great quotes sum our feelings up :

"SHIT FUCK SHIT!" - Taz (his first interview attempt)

"NOW I'M PISSED OFF" - Sandman, the infamous fire show

After a pretty shitty week for me and a similarly shitty week for Steve, we
were really looking forward to being in Philly. I call up Philly and find
out from Mr. ECW Tom Misnik that they've been snowed in as well. I feel a
little better as I know at least I'm not missing a show. I ask Tom to be
on the lookout for two clueless looking guys in the lobby (the Philly LLL's,
Jeff Crawford and Mike Schmidt), Mr. ECW informs me that I have described
pretty much everyone in the hotel.

So instead of an extreme weekend in a hotel with a bunch of wrestlers and
people from the internet, we get to settle down for a night of Rummy 500.

"We're hardcore! We're hardcore!"

Despite several attempts to get Tom to drive us down to Philly, we're stuck
at his house. And with the UFC apparently cancelled, we don't even get a
violence fix. By this time, Steve and I are in very bad moods.

Saturday morning rolls around and we dig out Tom's car. After dealing with
windshield wipers which were frozen and several moments were we almost lost
visibility in the car (our mandatory brushes with death). We finally reach
the hotel around 11:30am (after driving on the wrong side of the street
towards the hotel... THANKS TOM!)

Unfortunately, due to running in on Sat. morning, I didn't get to talk to
all that many people. I was hoping to be social, but the snow sort of screwed
that up. I got a chance to briefly B.S. with the Mutants of Boston and
"The Duke" Alan Barrie, before visiting Jeff and Mike who took our hotel
room for the night. Mr. ECW, I thoroughly enjoyed the room the 5 minutes I
got to spend in there :-)

Onto the Con, we see a few people walk in, including Blue Meanie in full
Meanie grab. The guy at the door calls him "Bull Nakano" because of his
hair due. I spend part of the Con getting as many of the wrestlers to sign
a poster :

Signatures include : Buh Buh, DW and Sign Guy Dudley, Hack Myers, Francine,
Jim Mollieux, The Sandman, 2 Cold Scorpio, Shane Douglas, the Bad Crew,
"Mr. ECW" Tom Misnik, Tod Gordon and Mikey Whipwreck.

Of note :

Cheetah : The Bad Crew do have individual names, one's Doug, the other is
I think Buzz. The mystery has been solved :-)

Shane quote after signing the poster : "I'll so it so big they won't need
their spectacles to read it... now that's a history lesson"

The Con started out with Shane Douglas talking for a bit. He talked about
some of his problems that he experienced in the WWF. After a little while,
Sandman, 2 Cold, Hack and Tod Gordon joined the panel. Sandman caned Misnik
for not giving him a good intro. After a while, Paul E. came in, as did Tommy
Dreamer and Mikey. Perhaps the highlight for the Q & A for me was Paul
E.'s story about his first run in Memphis and how he more or less got fired
after his first interview. It was damn funny.

After the first panel was winding down, Taz, Bill Alfonso and the Eliminators
walk in and tell the other group to leave. Durning the brief break, I
donated Trigga Dudley to the other Dudleys. They seemed... either amused
or very confused by him. I also got to pick up a sharp looking Con shirt
(nice work Ted) and BS with MoMutant Mike Rogers briefly.

Taz, Bill and the Eliminators worked the next panel. I dunno if they were
staying in character or not, but this group wasn't exactly as happy to be
there as the first group was. Taz for the most part fielded most of the
questions.

Another switch in panels saw us having the Dudleys, Joey Styles and Lance
Wright sitting in. The Dudleys stayed in characters and Joey got most of
the questions and was pretty cool. The Dudleys left and Francine and the
Pitbulls came in (Francine sounded like she had a cold). Later on Mr. Hughes,
Beulah, Damien Kane and Lady Alexander joined the panel.

I got to ask Joey what he thought of our "Dancin' Steve Fan Club" at the last
Con, he told us "You couldn't find a better use of paper? You could find a
better role model?"

It gets close to 5pm and we head out, but first Mike gave us our Official "ECW
Jihad/MoMutants" shirt. Thanks, Mike.

Onto the Arena. By the time we get there, the place is PACKED. We end up
settling for second row bleacher seats near the front door.

The show starts remarkably on time.

The matches are mostly in order, I might be off on a few things :

Match #1 : Bad Crew/Judge Dredd v. Dino Senoff/Don E. Allen/? : The ? I think
was the Shark Attack Kid, but he was dressed up in a motocross type outfit,
so maybe he was the Dirt Bike Kid. I think this was announced as a tag team
grudge match, but I may be wrong. No ring intros and Dredd and the Crew attack
right at the bell. This one ends pretty as one of the Bad Crew hit a flying
clothesline on Don E. as the other bear hugged him. Hey, I said I knew their
names, I didn't say I knew which was which :-)

Match #2 : El Puerto Ricano (UBAS) v. Spiros Greco : Spiros looks like
Dean Malenko and wrestles like a K-Mart version of him. Ubas gets in a
grand total of one drop kick and Greco rules the rest of the match. Spiros
gets the win with a ball buster slam (victims arm put between legs, pick
them up by the arm and their neck and slam them.

Joey Styles comes out to the ring to record the opening of the show... when
the lights go out! Damn you Vince! Damn you to hell! :-) The lights come
back on and Joey's in the ring with the Giggling Horseman... Brian Pillman.
Pillman says he's been fired by Eric Jerkoff. Now he's coming to Philly to
teach all these smart marks a lesson. He calls us marks and gets cheered,
he then attempts to get us to turn on him by explain that a mark is a
bad thing. He says he's going to whip out his johnson and piss in the
ring. Tod, Paul E. and Shane come out and tell Pillman to leave. Pillman
tells the group (probably Paul) that he's not afraid of either, Booker Man.
They have security lead Pillman out. On the way out, Brian start in with
a "fan". The guy takes a swing at Pillman, Pillman drags him over the
apron and into the ring. Pillman goes after the guy with a fork, but Shane
makes the save. Security carries Pillman to the locker room, but Shane
tells them to throw him out the front down. Brian goes right by us on his
way out the front door.

Match #3 : Buh Buh Ray Dudley w/ DW, Sign Guy, Chubby, Big Dick and Trigga
Dudley v. Mr. Hughes : DW rides Trigga out to the ring. Pre-match Hughes
hits DW, Sign Guy and Chubby. Big Dick hits him with his crutch (breaking
it) and Buh Buh hits a top rope splash for the pin. Pretty quick. Buh Buh
looked like he might have hurt himself as he seemed to be favoring his ribs.

Match #4 : Taz w/ Bill Alfonso in an orange shirt v. Joel Hartgood : Joel
stood a real chance... not. Taz suplexes him around, Taz-mission. Jobbers
come out to check on Joel, Taz suplexes them around. Mikey runs out, slides
between Taz's legs and decks Alfonso. Mikey gets in a little bit of offense
before

Match #5 : Gangstas v. The Head Hunters w/ Damien Kane and Lady Alexander :
Mustafa comes out and informs us that New Jack got arrested (anyone able to
confirm if this is true or did New Jack just get snowed in), he was going to
wrestle alone. Damien comes out and offers Mustafa a chance to join him, he
could have a job... shining the Head Hunters shoes. Mustafa tells Lady
Alexander he could use a job... a hand job. Mustafa punches Damien.
Hunters run in and attack Mustafa. They hit him pretty quickly with the
Power-plex (Superplex/Top Rope Splash combo) for the 3 count.

Damien challenges anyone to take on the Head Hunters. "War Pigs" by Faith
No More starts up and here come the Bruise Brothers.

Match #6 : The Bruise Brothers v. The Head Hunters : It's like the Brody
twins v. the Abby twins! They brawl all over the building in this one. At
one point, as they were brawling through the crowd, I think a fan got into
it, he ended up getting tossed. This spent most of the match out on the
floor and in the crowd. The match ends with a double pin. One of the
Hunters moonsaulted one of the Bruises as the other Bruise pinned the other
Hunter. Ref counted the Head Hunter down. Bruise Brothers win.

Intermission as the crew do some extensive work on the ring.

Interview with Joey Styles and Tommy Dreamer and Beulah. Tommy has an
injured shoulder from the Queens show. As he talks, Raven comes out. Raven
informs Tommy of the penalties in certain countries for certain crimes,
such as running away from police (losing your feet) and stealing something
(losing your hands) He tells Tommy he's guilty of getting his girlfriend
pregnant (do the math) and he should prepare to die. Shane and the Bruises
run out to the ring, Tommy has Shane take Beulah to the back (apparently
they're not going to do the "loses the baby" angle yet) as they leave, the
Bruises hit Tommy from behind. They drag him to the corner and crotch him
on the post a few times. Beulah and Shane come back to check on Tommy.
Beulah apparently doesn't think kissing it will make it better in this case.
The Bruises are now turned... that didn't take long.

Match #7 : Sicilian Grudge Match : JT Smith v. Axl Rotten : JT's Italian
bit is funny, better than the clutz bit. End of this match comes with
JT climbing the ropes with a chair, Axl rolls out of the way and JT fakes
falling (he fell off the ropes, but didn't take a bad bump) as Axl had his
back turned. JT nails him with a chairshot and gets the pin. Post match,
he hits a moonsault while holding the chair. Hack Myers runs in and he and
JT brawl to the back.

Match #8 : The Pitbulls & Francine v. The Eliminators & Stevie Richards : Dog
Collar match. Francine got in a lot of offense in this match. 10 seconds in,
she's super kicked. Francine then gets ready for a 10 to 15 minute nap.
Stevie and the Eliminators 3 on 2 the Pitbulls. The chains are often
detached during the match. They brawl all over the building... even out it.
Saturn and I think Pitbull #2 brawled out the front entrance and in through
the side. They ended up on the stage. Saturn went for the back flipping
moonsault with a Kronos boost, but I think he hit his head on the stage on
the way down. It ends up in the ring, Pitbulls regain control. Kronos takes
a top rope frankensteiner from Pitbull #1. The Pitbulls give both Eliminators
the Superbomb. They give Stevie the Superbomb with a neckbreaker. Francine
crawls over and gets the pin on Stevie. Eliminators work over the Pitbulls.
Pitbulls take Total Elmination. Francine gets clotheslined by Saturn and
takes. They set up the Total Elimination spot on Francine several times with
the Pitbulls making the save, but Francine gets hit with it once again.
Kind of a disappointment. Pretty much as I figured, Francine got beat up
quick and Stevie ended up doing the job. Might have worked better if Jason
hadn't got fired because after the good matches Stevie has put on lately,
there was no way Francine could have credibly beat the shit out of him during
the match. At least we can buy Francine beating Jason up :-)

Match #9 : 2 Cold Scorpio v. Sabu : This was the match of the night. There
were some incredible spots during it and some wild dives to the floor. I
can't do it justice, but if you get a chance to see it, do so. It ends up
a time limit draw, but it was great.

Match #10 : Cactus Jack v. Shane Douglas : The special ref for this match
is Mark Hildebrand (Mark Curtis from SMW). Mark went to wrestling school with
Cactus and Shane. Cactus comes out dressed up in the suit he was in awhile
ago on TV. He says he was at a wedding today and he had a few too many
drinks, so he can't wrestle. He's never wrestled drunk and refuses to
stumble around like the Sandman, so he won't wrestle tonight. He decides to
have another beer and takes it from a fan. He tells everyone to drink
responsibly, which results in a "Johnny Grunge" chant. As Cactus is getting
ready to drink, Shane runs in and attacks him. Shane rips off his jacket,
shirt and tie leaving cactus in the Eric Bishoff shirt from November to
Remember. They brawl all over. Cactus takes a suplex landing back first
ont he railing. The crowd is split but it sounds like there's a lot of
support for Cactus, including several "Mankind" chants. At one point
they're in the corner and Mark gets in between Shane and Cactus. I could
have sworn I saw Mark pass Shane a pair of knucks or something as he was
pushing Cactus back. Shane decks Cactus, then locks his arm behind his
back with handcuffs. Shane works over Cactus, who still tries to charge
Shane only to get nailed with a chair. Shane gets the mic and tells
Cactus to quick. Cactus calls for Vince, then he calls for Mikey.
Shane puts Cactus in the figure four. Out runs Mikey with a chair... and
Mikey nails Cactus in the face with it. 1-2-3, Shane wins. You know, for
the guy who's supposed to be the hated one in the match... Cactus was more
or less the baby face. Post match Shane gets into an argument with some
woman in the crowd. I can't imagine what she was yelling that got Shane
so pissed off, but Shane challenged her boyfriend husband to fight him.
Then Lurch came down. Shane's challenging them to come in the ring as
security holds them back. Tod Gordon finally comes down and calms Shane
down and gets him to leave. Shane is starting to win me over, but this
fan incident wasn't a good thing. As I said before, I don't know what the
hell this person was yelling at him that set him off.

Main Event : Raven w/ Kimona Wanalaya, Stevie and Meanie v. Sandman w/ Missy
Hiatt : Sandman enters from the balcony over the main exit, right over our
shoulders. Missy does the smoking and drinking now. Meanie and Kimona
stand in front of us on our side of the ring. This is perhaps the perfect
example of people who should (Kimona) and who shouldn't (Meanie) wear Daisy
Duke shorts. During the match, we had at least two ref bumps. Sandman had
Raven pinned at one point and Kimona made the save, leading to a Missy
running in and a brief cat fight between the two before security hauled the
both of them off. Sandman took an evil looking bulldog/face driver into
a chair from the top rope. Raven won the match with the help of Meanie and
Stevie and a DDT on the chair. Post match, Meanie comes back into the
ring with the cane and dumps a beer on Sandman. Sandman recovers and
canes the hell out of the Meanie. He gets on the mic and calls for "Mommy!"
Missy comes back out with beer and smokes. Great, he's a Momma's boy
now :-) Either that or he has an Eudopis Complex. (I probably murdered
that spelling.)

Post card we get a group picture with the MOB and then we headed off.

My next show will probably be the 9th of March.

Overall thoughts : This was so-so. I dunno, I think the snow and missing
the first day of the con sort of ruined the weekend for me. Shit happens.
The first part of the Q & A was excellent and 2 Cold Scorpio/Sabu was an
awesome match and Shane/Cactus was also very good.

As I said, I'm sorry I missed the first day and didn't get a chance to meet
more people.... maybe next time. Once again, thanks to Ted and Mike Rogers
for shirts and thanks to Jeff Amdur for the list of spanish insults and
to Tom Misnik for putting himself though this again... and for taking
another cane shot.

So til next time, this is Rev. Ray saying....

SNOW BLOWS!

And this note's for you.

| Ray Duffy, Rev. ULC, MiSTy #38729, Mouthpiece of Los Lurkers Locos |
| "You're not cool enough to be my friends." - Dancin' Stevie Richards to |
| Los Lurkers Locos 7/95 |
| "I've had enough of you Todd Pettengill!" - Sandman to Joey Styles ECW TV |

From fen...@soho.ios.com Sun Mar 10 18:32:22 1996
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 18:12:50 -0500 (EST)
From: "Rev. Ray Duffy" <fen...@soho.ios.com>
To: Mike Schmidt <sch...@sjuphil.sju.edu>,
Tom <tl...@attila.stevens-tech.edu>, Steve <u100...@warwick.net>,
Rick <rgua...@vaxa.stevens-tech.edu>, josh <ja...@cornell.edu>,
USeW -- Jeff Crawford aka Roker <craw...@sju.edu>,
mtee...@use.usit.net
cc: Ray <bl...@freenet.carleton.ca>
Subject: ECW

Hello everyone, Rev. Ray Duffy with another stupid arena report....
well actually two. So here we go :

Night #1 :

ECW - Queens, NY 3/8/96

WARNING : Most of this is correct, however, the order of certain things
might be a little off as I'm writing this after working a full day, going
to a show, getting home at 2 am, then getting up at 6:30 to go into work
again before going to the Philly Show.

Well, since I dubbed Heatwave '95, Heatstroke '95. I think I will dub
this show Hypothermia Havoc '96.

After having my previous plans snowed out, I called up "The Man of 1000
Nicknames" Tom Long the day of the card and meet him after leaving work.
After getting crammed into a subway car, we reach out destination at about
5:30. Today's forcast : colder than the last Queens show. Why can't I
got to ECW when it's a nice, comfortable, clear day? We end up seeing
CactusB on line and BS with him most of the time to eat up the time while
we're being affected by exposure. It seems like the Hell's Angels that
killed a guy at that Stones concert in 1969 finally got out of jail and
were hired by ECW to work security. We get stuck outside in the freezing
cold and when assorted people yell at the guy to let us in, he usually
strolls over to threaten them. Of course, after keeping us waiting outside,
when the doors finally open, the ASSHOLES don't keep track of the line which
was formed so after waiting for 2 hours, a bunch of people just walk right
in ahead of me. Well... that didn't really do them any good.

Our seats are pretty much where they were last show, to the right of
the main camera shot. Not too bad of seats. This show, the staff has
smartened up a bit and has tied the rows of seats together with plastic
ties. This prevents a mass push up to the rails like the last show. On
sale tonight, Brain Pillman shirts. Hmmmm... maybe in a few months they
can sell discount ECW Hollywood Blonds shirts :-)

Onto the matches.

Match #1 :
Joel Goodhart/? v. Kendo Nagasaki/"Sir" Chris Michaels :
I don't know who was Goodhart's partner. Michaels looks plain
goofy with a monicel. His gimmick is that he is "the only American knighted
by the Queen of England". Michaels bows to Kendo before the match and
Kendo bows... and then kicks him. Kendo drags Michaels outside, beats the
shit out of him, then leaves. The Goodhart and partner beat on Michaels,
drawing a "you all suck" chant. Michaels mounts a comeback, goes for the
pin, but before it's done, Sandman runs in, canes the ref, and the three
wrestlers to the cheers of the crowd. Tom thinks that all the ECW jobbers
are wishing 911 was back. Let's see... you have a choice, take a chokeslam
or get wailed on with a cane...

Match #2 :
JT Smith v. "The Shah" Hack Myers :
You know... I think JT is getting over. Back and forth match, JT sets up
Hack for the chair moonsault, but Axl Rotten runs in and gives JT some EVIL
chair shots. Then lays some stiff forearm to him. Hack and Axl run off JT.
Axl received a lot of boos though.

TV Stuff : Shane Douglas comes out to talk and Brian Pillman is at ringside
taunting him. I can't see any of this and Pillman's voice is difficult to
hear live over a microphone. Gist of it, Shane makes fun of 123 Kid and
Razor, Pillman's a ringside, Pillman gets the mic at one point and calls Shane
a quitter. He quit WCW and he quit being a dynamic dude. He quit the WWF.
Pillman says he's a real man, he doesn't quit, he gets his ass thrown out of
town. I think they try to start something, but Pillman pulls a kid in front
of him or something. Security throws Pillman out. Shane says he wants him
back so he can fight him. Shane leaves. Alfonso comes out to confront
Gordon (Tod came out when they were trying to restrain Shane). He calls Tod
a pussy for not letting Pillman fight. Either Tod or Bill slaps the other,
manditory Tod Bill fight followed by a Taz run in, followed by Bam Bam. Bam
Bam no sells a chairshot to the head. Taz runs off.

Match #3 :
Cactus Jack w/ Stevie Richards and Blue Meanie v. "Lionheart" Chris Jericho :
Cactus is annouced as being from Stamford, CT. The most hardcore place known
to Mankind. Stevie and Meanie come out and tell Cactus that they're going to
miss him, so they make him an honorary Fabulous One... and all 3 of them do
the Fargo Strut, classic stuff. Jericho hits them when they're doing a
group hug. Meanie and Stevie fall outside. Cactus asks them if they're OK
and they give the dramatic "NO!" Cactus says he doesn't think two wrongs
make a right, but tonight he'll make an exception by kicking Chris' ass.
Chris does some nice spots during the match as does Cactus. Cactus gave
Jericho 2 or 3 EVIL looking piledrivers. End comes with Jericho avoiding a
hold and nailing Cactus with a german suplex. Jericho leaves. The fans boo
Cactus and the Fabs. Cactus tells the Fabs the story about when he was
growing up how his dad asked him if he wanted to someday work in MSG, and
Cactus said no, he wants to work to a piece of shit building in crime
infested Queens. Cactus said his dad said "OK, just as long as you pick me
up some crack and a few hookers." Cactus has the annoucer ring the bell 10
times and have a moment of silence in memory of the greatest wrestler ever
to step into this ring. After the moment of silence, the 3 do the Fargo
Strut again in the ring, then strut off to the locker room.

Match #4 :
Mikey Whipwreck v. Taz w/ Bill Alfonso :
Mikey and Taz do some nice wrestling moves during the match, switches and
exchanges. Funny point as Mikey tries to Taz-plex Taz, it gets blocked.
Taz with a Taz-plex then the Taz-mission for the win. Taz won't let go,
Bam Bam runs in for the save, Taz gets him in the Tazmission. A few jobbers
run in and Alfonso chairs them. Bad Crew run in... and get run off by chair
shots from Alfonso (so much for a push in ECW :-) ) Taz eventually lets
go and leaves.

Match #5 :
Eliminators v. Pitbulls w/ Francine :
This was a very solid match. Good spots all around. New move from the
Eliminators this week : they do the assisted Moonsault flip plancha...
from the post with Kronos standing on the second rope. Awesome. Pitbulls
hit the Superbomb on Kronos, go for the pin, but Saturn distracts them by
choking Francine. Back in the ring, The Pitbulls blow the Doomsday Device/
Double Impact move (Road Warriors finisher), which ends up with Kronos being
pushed off Pitbull #1's shoulders rather than clotheslined. Francine attacks
Saturn with the chain, confusion insues, Saturn gets the chain, nails the
legal Pitbull and the Eliminators get the win.

Match #6 :
Rey Misterio Jr. v. Juventud Guerrera 2 out of 3 falls :
1 word : Un-Fucking-believable. Can't do lucha matches justice, but here's
how the falls went : First fall, Misterio with an Ocean Cyclone Suplex.
Second fall, Guerrera with a Dragon Suplex. Near the end, Guerrera had
Misterio pinned, but he kicked out barely at 3 and the ref called it three.
The crowd booed and Guerrera waved it off, they restarted the match, Rey got
some offense in, but got caught eventually and Juventud put him away with
a top rope brainbuster. Great match.

Match #7 :
Big Titan v. Dredd : I mistake Titan for Horace Boulder (I thought Bollea's
nephew who has talent working for ECW would be a surprise :-) ). A so so
match. I will hold off condeming Titan as... well... he was working against
Dredd. Titan wins with either a piledriver or a muffed powerbomb that was
almost a piledriver.

Match #8 :
2 Cold Scopio v. Sabu :
A good match, the last one at the arena was better, but still a great match.
Sabu with one dive out into the crowd on Scorpio. They teased a table spot
to the floor at one point, the table stayed there for most of the match and
got broken when Sabu hit a chair launch into a frankensteiner on Scorpio onto
the table. 20 minute draw. During the match a few of the strippers from
Goldfingers were walking around, which distracted most of the crowd. I paid
attention to the match until they annouced 2 minutes, I knew it would be a
draw and a particular woman who a two parts of her body which defied the
dimensions of the rest of her body walked by. They may say about Tommy
Dreamer "He's hardcore!", well, Rev. Ray Duffy... "He's hard up!"

Match #9 :
The Head Hunters w/ Damien Kane & Lady Alexander v. Buh Buh & D.W. Dudley w/
Sign Guy & Big Dick.
This turns into a brawl, with it ending up with the Head Hunters beating on
DW as Buh Buh tries to kiss Lady Alexander, but gets chaired by Damien Kane.
Hunters hit a superplex/ top rope elbow combo on DW. Buh Buh rolls in,
inside cradles one of the Hunters for the win. It really a shame for the
Hunters to have to do the job like this. They continue to fight, one of the
Hunters moonsaults DW. This of course wouldn't have happened if he had
Trigger Dudley with him. Big Dick runs in and breaks his crutch on one of
the Hunters. Dudleys tend to their wounded as Damien issues a challenge to
any team who want to take on the Hunters. Out comes Mustafa from the locker
room...

Match #10 :
The Head Hunters v. the Gangstas :
... and New Jack from the crowd carrying a can full of weapons. New Jack
runs by us, hits the ring and the brawl w/ weapons is on. Once again, the
Queens crowd throws tons of shit into the ring. I couldn't see most of the
brawl or if their was a decisive finish, but needless to say, they tore the
place up.

Paul E. comes out as they're finishing cleaning up the ring, he ends up
slipping at ringside. Paul E. tells us that the commission threatened to
shut the show down if people didn't stop throwing stuff in the ring. I
can't blame them... I wouldn't blame Paul either, it's getting damn annoying
and dangerous. The other news was that there was a 11PM curfew... and it was
11:46. The commission said they had to close down, but Paul said there was
no way they were shutting down until they finished the main event.

Match #11 :
Sandman w/ Missy Hyatt v. Raven w/ Kimona Wanalaya, Steive and the Meanie :
Raven comes out on crutches. Sandman's pissed off because the commission
won't let him drink, they won't let a drunk in the ring. He asks for a beer
and gives us his impression of Onita and Muta after Missy pours a good part
of the can down his throat. Stevie says that Raven can't wrestle, but Raven
tells him to shut up and get out of the ring, he's wrestling. This seems
very legit as Raven is favoring one of his feet the whole match. Raven and
Sandman fight with a crutch and cane respectively. Sandman fights with the
cane in one hand and his beer in the other. A fair match, it goes all over
the place. Stevie interferes, then he and Missy argue. Stevie runs her off,
but she comes back and canes Stevie and Meanie. They go to the back and
brawl. Cactus comes out to help Raven and has to carry him back to the ring.
Sandman goes for the pin, Kimona comes in for the save, as does Missy, about
a billion refs run out to seperate them (jeez, they run out for Missy and
Kimona, where were they when the Gangstas ran in :-) ) Stevie interferes,
puts Raven on top. Shane runs in, nails Stevie, nails Raven, puts Sandman
on top. Meanie runs in, hits Sandman, puts Raven on top. Sandman kicks out
before the 3. Sandman goes to the back and gets a guard rail and puts it in
the ring. Raven takes a bump on it. End comes with Sandman getting DDTed
onto the guardrail. Post match, Stevie and Meanie work over Sandman,
Dreamer and Douglas run in for the save. Douglas bulldogs Stevie's head
into Meanie's crotch at one point. Raven's crew clears out. That leaves
Sandman, Dreamer and Shane in the ring, with weapons. Oh my god! It's a
Quinton Tarantino movie! Shane tries to work a deal with Sandman to join
their pact. Sandman doesn't want to, but eventually they convince him, so
now Shane, Sandman and Dreamer are allies until one of them turns :-)

End of the show.

Good parts of the show : Eliminators/Pitbulls, Guerrera/Misterio and Sabu/
2 Cold were awesome. Cactus doing the Fargo strut was just as awesome.
Reserved seats, since everything is reserved, you don't have to be there at
4:30 to get a good place in line : However, since Tom and I got there at
5:30, this also becomes a bad thing as we were there expecting to have to
fight for seats.

Bad parts : Making us wait outside in 15 degree weather until 7:30. The
assholes working the door.

I finally get home at 2am, just in time to get up at 6:30 to go to work.
Leading too...

Night #2 :
ECW - Philly, 3/9/96 - The Big Ass Extreme Bash

Warning : This report maybe even more off as I had to only 5 hours of
sleep starting from Friday Night to the time I wrote this.

The fun begins with me supposed to meet the Philly Branch of LLL,
Jeff Crawford and Mike Schmidt, with their pal Hillary at 4 pm. They
finally show up at 5pm after I've been at the station since 2:40. We head
over to the Arena and meet up with Natster of Puppets, formerly of the
Mutants of Boston, now the Mutants of Baltimore. I also get to meet Jeff
Admur. I forgot to mention it on line, but Jeff, thanks for the list of
spanish insults from the Con pack. I will find a good use for them. While
I learn from Nat why LLL are not cooler than the MOB. Apparently Nat has a
"MOB groupie" girl who's been looking for his address so she can write him.
Damn he's smooth. Of course, this raises questions about the sanity of
someone who'd want to be a groupie for a bunch of wrestling mutants. On
line we discuss numberous things, including the possiblitity of attending
the LA mutli-promotion show. We also discuss WCW's policy of ripping off
signs and recent Billionaire Ted skits... which brings up a slight idea for
future indevours. I'm trying to convince Nat to pull this off, but I welcome
any organized group of RSPW mutants to this on a WCW show...

Get a few high heeled shoes and get a bunch of your pals to do a "You
really suck" tomhawk chop at Hogan with the shoes. Hey, what are they going
to do, confiscate your shoes? They're not signs.... say hi to Doug Dillenger
as he threatens to throw your section out. :-)

We get inside and get good seats in the bleachers off the left of the main
camera. No polls obscurring the few, so it's pretty cool. We see Mr. ECW
at the door, he give me my refund check for the Con and also a picture of
DW riding Trigger Dudley. Thanks Tom. Nat smuggles in the MOB racket.
Pre-show the regular bums chant "Dave sold out" at Scherer who's sitting on
the top stage tonight. We almost had 2 fights in the crowd pre-show and
another confernatation between OJ Dudley and Arena Mutant Kato. The
Arena Dudley's are also sporting a inflatable woman Dudley.

I hit the gimmicks tables. They're now selling "Bad Crew SUCKS!" t-shirts.
I pick up the Cactus Jack 1985-1996/"Bang! Bang!... he's dead" shirt. I
also am lucky enough to sign a huge card the people working the table are
having people sign.

Match #1 :
La Vendetta : JT Smith v. Axl Rotten : Early in the match, Axl gets a fire
extiguisher and throws it at JT, hitting him in the stomach. JT blows a few
spots, I know one was not the "JT clutz mode" miss. JT does show some good
moves during the match. JT gets the win, then chairs Axl. As JT stands in
the ring showing off, Axl comes back with the barbed wire bat and gives JT
a few shots, running him off.

TV interview : Joey Styles comes out an introduces the Gangstas. New Jack
and Mustafa come out. Some woman in the front row hops the railing and runs
for New Jack, but gets thrown out. I don't know if she was a plant or not.
I guess will know if we have a Gangsta Bee-otch in the next few weeks :-)
New Jack says he got arrested for beating up some guy and throwing him in
his trunk and driving around with him because he owed New Jack money. Of
course, he forgot he left the guy in the trunk. He goes on about how he
doesn't care about WCW or the WWF. WCW might be where the big boys play,
but ECW is where the real crazy motherfuckers play. He says he couldn't
believe it, but when he was sitting in that jail cell that he missed all us
"fucking retards" at the arena. New Jack mentions the brawl with the
Head Hunters on Friday. Damien Kane comes out make an offer to New Jack.
He says they'll be busy with Sandman and 2 Cold and shouldn't worry about
the Head Hunters. Damien offers to manage them tonight. New Jack says the
last person to offer them a deal was Jim Cornette. New Jack says he'll
consider Damien's offer... and then nails him. New Jack says that they want
their match against Sandman and 2 Cold to be changed to a 3 Way Dance by
adding the Head Hunters.

Match #2 :
Ubas & Hartgood's partner from NY v. Bad Crew : Ubas misses a tope right at
the start of the match.l Bad Crew work over the jobber team. Bad Crew hit
their top rope clothesline move on the Unknonw Jobber. Pillman, two lawyers
and Brian? Bostswain, recently cut from the Eagles come out to the ring.
Pillman rants a bit, Douglas comes out on the stage and argues with Pillman.
Shane tells Bostwain he's sorry that he left Kevin Greene in Pittsburg.
Shane comes down to the ring but Pillman leaves. Shane rips off his shirt
and proclaims "Fuck you Hogan! That was easy as shit!" Shane throws the
shrit in the crowd, it gets thrown back. Shane argues with some guy in
the front row. Apparently Shane's in a very bad mood lately or he's
decided to play up the loose cannon who constantly challenges guys in the
crowd to fight bit too.

Match #3 :
The Eliminators v. Buh Buh Ray Dudley w/ Sign Guy, Chubby and Big Dick Dudley.
DW is not here (persumably they're having him be injured either long term or
sort term thanks to the Head Hunters). Buh Buh visits the crowd as the
Eliminators beat up Sign Guy and Chubby, but Big Dick nails them both with
his crutch and chokeslams Saturn. So it's going to be Buh Buh and Big Dick,
right? Wrong. The medics won't let Dick wrestle with his knee injury.
Eliminators double team on Buh Buh until Hack Myers runs out to team with
him. Unfortunatley, Hack legit hurts his shoulder and is laid out on the
floor a good portion of the match. Buh Buh fights both Elims for a while.
He shows some nice moves, he does have a lot of potentional. Eliminators
show off a lot of karate style kicks in the match. Eventually the
Eliminators get Hack in the ring and put him out with Total Elimination.
Hack is help back to the locker room post match.

Match #4 :
"Lionheart" Chris Jericho v. Taz w/ Bill Alfonso : While standing in the
ring, Jericho notices there's a problem with the ring. This was a very
good match, I'm really taking a liking to Chris. Nice work. Suplexes
from both. Chris with some kicks, a plancha and an Asai Moonsault.
Eventually, Chris gets Tazplexed. He seems to be hurt, the ref checks on
him and tries to stop the match, but Chris won't let him. Chris ends up
getting suplexed again and has the Tazmission applied. The ref then
DQ's Taz for some reason... I have no idea why. Alfonso flips out.
Bad Crew run in and Alfonso chairs them. Eliminators run in and convince
Taz to let go. Then Pillman hops in the ring for no reason. Taz stares
him down and Pillman runs when Douglas and a bunch of other guys from the
locker room run out to check on Jericho. Pillman hops the railing into the
arms of Bostswain who carries him out of the building. Jericho is helped
out on a stretcher. I don't know if it was legit or not as they might be
doing the crippler bit with Taz that they were don't with Benoit, but you
can never tell with the ring not being 100%. Shane argues with the same
guy he argued with before.

The ring crew comes out to fix the ring for the second arena show in a row.
After about a half hour it's fixed. After they're done, Paul E. comes out
and brings the head ring crew guy in the ring. He asks him why things were
screwed up. He then tells him he's getting the same welcome all new guys
who screw up get in ECW.... Sandman runs out and wails this guy with the
cane. As the rest of the crew carry him out, Sandman does the cane plancha
onto him. I'd hate to be the Human Resourses person for ECW...

Match #5 :
Mikey Whipwreck v. Cactus Jack : Cactus' farewell match.
Cactus receives a standing O. Mikey is in a neckbrace. Cactus tells Mikey
that he'll be able to tell his kids that he was Cactus Jack's last opponent,
but he'll be damned if he said he beat him. This one guys back and forth
with both guys getting stuff in. They brawl all over the place. Guys try
to hand Cactus weapons, Cactus takes them, looks at them and throws them
away. He hits him with a chair. Mikey hits Cactus with the clothesline
over the top rope. I think someone gave Cactus a Leonard Cohen album as
a weapon. Cactus hits Mikey with serveral vicious piledrivers. He takes
off his neckbrace at one point. Cactus sets up the table against the post
and back suplexes Mikey on it. Cactus hits a hipbuster, Neckbreakers on
the railing. Mikey hit Cactus with some evil chairshots. The end comes
with Cactus DDTIng Mikey on a chair.

Post match, "New York, New York" starts up. Cactus helps up Mikey up and
shakes his hand. Cactus calls for the Mikey and says that him leaving is
almost as hard as suing his Uncle Eric. He tanks before for their support
even though he said some of the most outlandish things in the last few months.
But he says if he and Sign Guy could shake hands (which they did) maybe there
was some hope after all. (Sign Guy was the one who had the "Cane Dewey" sign
which was the first thing Cactus mentioned after he turned.). He also went
out and hugged John (I think the guy who always his hands off orthopedic
crutch to wrestlers to use). He also mentions that the New York crowd was
a bunch of scum bags (well, not all of us, but a lot of them). Cactus says
that ECW has a lot of guys who are looking to take the spot light and that
this was their big shot. If ECW could survive without Terry Funk, it could
survive without him. But before he leaves, he'd like to bring out the two
guys who make sure that everything in the ECW run... he calls out Richards
and Meanie. They come out, group hug and then do a chorus line kick to New
York, New York. Cactus then says he'd seriously like to thank Tod and Paul.
He said if he had one last wish, it would be that he could strut out the
building. The Meanie's music comes up and the Fabs and Cactus do the Fargo
Strut down the aisle. Cactus comes out for one last curtain call to another
standing ovation. And with that, the chapter on Cactus Jack comes to a
close.

This was a very classic farewell from Cactus. I will sorely miss him. He
is the main reason I started to come to ECW shows in the first place. He
has given it his all no matter what, took bumps in his count down to farewell
matches that most guys who were trying to get into the promotion woudln't
take. He has given us classic matches and classic interviews. And while
ECW can probably go on without Cactus... it won't be the same as it was with
him. Now Mick goes to the WWF and becomes Mankind. I don't know how well
things will go for him there, but I've got the feeling that Mick's genius
might be lost a bit on the WWF. I'd equate this to Mozart writing jingles
for commercials. McMahon, don't fuck this up. Mick Foley deserves the
very best after all he's done in the sport. Stil, I wish him the best of
luck... however, deep down, I hope we get to see Cactus Jack come back again.
After all, Cactus Jack will never die, he'll just go to Cleveland... or
Stamford as the case might be.

Match #6 :
Juvuntud Guerrera v. Rey Misterio Jr. 2 out of 3 falls.
This match was good, but not as good as the previous night's match. You
know the standard disclaimer on Lucha matches. Juventud wins the first
fall with a brainbuster. Rey wins the second fall with a gutwrench powerbomb.
Rey wins the third fall by converting a top rope Niagra Driver into a
rana for the pin. Post match Rey powerbombs Guerrera through a table.

Match #7 :
The Bruise Brothers v. The Pitbulls w/ Francine :
Francine stands by ourside of the ring! Woo hoo! A pretty good match, this
one ends as a no contest as after nailing one of the Bruises with the
Superbomb, the Fabs run in and attack the Pitbulls. Francine attacks the
Meanie and gets Stevie Kicked. They try to crotch one of the Pitbulls on
the post, but Dreamer runs in for the save.

Match #8 :
Sabu v. Big Titan : This was a pretty lack luster match. I think one of
the things that really hurt it is that Titan seems to be a wrestler who
hits one move, then wastes 2 minutes walking around posing and not follwoing
up, which grinds the momentum of the match down. Two tables got nuked
durning the match. Sabu wins with the Arabian Facebuster. Titan was on
the recieving end of "You big stiff!" and "Don't come back!" chants.

Match #9 :
Raven w/ Kimona, Stevie & Meanie v. "The Franchise" Shane Douglas :
For those of you wondering where Raven gets these chicks, they guys behind
us were talking about it. Apparently Raven works as a bartender in some
strip club and Kimona dances there (which would explain the stripper-esque
outfit on tonight and on Friday). Don't ask me the name or where the place
is, I don't know. Funny as Meanie mocks Shane by doing the "scratch the
nails on the chalk board" motion. Stevie mentions that Raven shouldn't
wrestle as apparently he's got a case of the gout? Raven tells Richards to
shut up, last night he didn't listen to what he said and he beat the Sandman,
but he said tonight he would take his advice. Shane says there's no way he's
walking out of this match after he's pulled all the strings he has to get the
shot. Shane nails Raven. Lots of interference from Meanie and Richards.
At one point, Kimona jumps in the ring and makes the save on Raven getting
pinned. We get a great view of Shane spanking her. Kimona prentends that
she likes it, Shane kisses her and shoves her down. Damn it, can't these
ladies just get someone with a knee to the groin or something in once?
Well, Raven makes up for it by low blowing Shane. Match ends with Raven
DDTing Shane on a chair. The Bruise Brothers and Dreamer run in, followed
by the Sandman. Raven's trapped in the ring. Dreamer puts Raven's foot in
a chair and goes to nail it, but he and Sandman argue over who gets to nail
Raven, so Shane does a splash onto the chair on Raven's foot. Post match
they argue a bit and split off (since the alliance bit hasn['t run on TV and
all yet.)

Main Event :
3 Way Dance : 2 Cold Scorpio & Sandman w/ Missy Hyatt v. The Gangstas
v. The Head Hunters w/ Damien Kane & Lady Alexander.

Scorpio/Sandman start off with the Head Hunters. At the bell, Scorpio
spits beer in the one Hunter's face and S&S attack the Hunters with canes.
Missy and Lady Alexander cat fight and get thrown out by the refs. Hunters
eventually get control, but as they're ready to put down Sandman and Scorp,
the Gangstas hit the ring. This match was really a wild brawl. It worked
better than the last 3 Way Dance (PE/Gangstas/Raven&Stevie) because everyone
went at it during the match. A very good brawl with lots of stuff getting
used and them going all over the place. The Head Hunters got elminated
first when 2 Cold hits one with the Diss that Don't Miss. The Hunters
stick around a bit hitting everyone. Eventually they leave and I think
continue to brawl with the Sandman, leaving the Gangstas to double team
Scorpio. The Gangstas show a little bit of double teaming. New Jack blows
a stungun spot on Scorpio once, but makes up for it on the second attempt.
The Gangstas get the pin after Mustafa gives Scorpio a running powerslam
with Evil Laugh(tm) combo and New Jack hits him with the 187 Diving Headbutt.

After this, we bolt as it's now midnight and I've got a 12:23 train to catch.
The Philly gang drop me off at the train station, unfortunately I miss my
train by like two minutes. I catch a cab to the bus depot. As I'm buying
the ticket, the last New York bus leaves. Seems that the fuck heads at
Greyhound decided not to run the 1:30am bus to NYC anymore and moved it to
12:30. So now I'm stuck in the middle of Philly at 12:30 at night in a
bus station that's in the process of being renovated for 5 and a half hours.
Can you can fun, fun, fun? I eventually make it back home on Sunday morning
at 9am. I do get to pick up a copy of the PWI with Richards wearing the
"Dancin' Stevie" LLL t-shirt.

All and all, a good time was had, but I REALLY could have done without the
ring breaking. This is two times that card delays have screwed over my
mode of transportation. Oh well.

So till next Sunday with my MSG WWF report, this is Rev. Ray saying....

This notes for you... Bang! Bang!

| Ray Duffy, Rev. ULC, MiSTy #38729, Mouthpiece of Los Lurkers Locos |
| "You're not cool enough to be my friends." - Dancin' Stevie Richards to |
| Los Lurkers Locos 7/95 |
| "I've had enough of you Todd Pettengill!" - Sandman to Joey Styles ECW TV |

Ray Duffy, MiSTy #38729, Rev. of ULC, Internet F**khead, As Seen On TV
"You're not cool enough to be my friends" - Steve Ricards on Los Lurkers Locos
"I've had enough of you, Todd Pettingil!" - Sandman to Joey Styles - ECW TV
http://soho.ios.com/~fender/lll.html : The Los Lurkers Locos Homepage!