Steve DiSalvo - FAQ

Ken Mann

Aug 25, 1992, 6:09:50 PM8/25/92
Q. "Who is Steve DiSalvo?"
Steve DiSalvo used to be the local joke. His name will still pop up as the
answer to almost all stupid/uninformed questions asked on this newsgroup.
Steve has wrestled mainly out of Calgary.

The Steve DiSalvo thing was started by Sean P. Ryan, when he mentioned
that the Studd resembled Steve. Some other posters immediately took
this to be the explanation for the different looks of Scott Hall, and
began posting "The Diamond Studd is not Scott Hall... It's Steve DiSalvo"
type posts. This was the beginning of a massive joke campaign by regulars
to r.s.p-w of answering all uninformed questions about the identity of any
wrestler with "It's Steve DiSalvo!".

The Steve DiSalvo joke has really died down lately. Every once in a while
people still post a reference to Steve, which is intended to invoke the
humorous thoughts we all shared in the summer of '91 at Steve's expense.

The basic joke usually plays out like:

Uninformed poster: "Who is <Wrestler X>?"
Jokester: "Steve DiSalvo :^)"

Uninformed poster: "Did the first Ultimate Warrior really die?"
Jokester: "Yes. He was replaced by Steve DiSalvo :-)"

Shalom! | INTERNET: ma...@fshvmfk1.vnet.ibm.com Christ
Ken | VNET: FSHVMFK1(MANNK) is
| IBMnet: ma...@saskatchewan.fishkill.ibm.com risen!
You can only coast downhill!

Michael Jenkinson

Aug 25, 1992, 7:48:43 PM8/25/92
> The Steve DiSalvo joke has really died down lately. Every once in a while
> people still post a reference to Steve, which is intended to invoke the
> humorous thoughts we all shared in the summer of '91 at Steve's expense.

Well, I'm new to this newsgroup, so, sure, the joke is on me.

(But I still want to know where he is these days!!!)

> The basic joke usually plays out like:

> Uninformed poster: "Who is <Wrestler X>?"
> Jokester: "Steve DiSalvo :^)"

> Uninformed poster: "Did the first Ultimate Warrior really die?"
> Jokester: "Yes. He was replaced by Steve DiSalvo :-)"

Uninformed poster: "WHERE is Steve DiSalvo?"
Jokester: "..........."

> Shalom! | INTERNET: ma...@fshvmfk1.vnet.ibm.com Christ
> Ken | VNET: FSHVMFK1(MANNK) is
> | IBMnet: ma...@saskatchewan.fishkill.ibm.com risen!

> AMEN,
brother!

Michael

John Price

Aug 25, 1992, 10:23:32 PM8/25/92
In article <19920825....@almaden.ibm.com>, ma...@fshvmfk1.VNET.IBM.COM (Ken Mann) writes:
>Q. "Who is Steve DiSalvo?"

[...]

> The basic joke usually plays out like:

> Uninformed poster: "Who is <Wrestler X>?"
> Jokester: "Steve DiSalvo :^)"

I just want to make sure that everyone is aware that that says "Jokester",
not "Johnster". Don't blame *me* for this one...

Just another attempt to avoid a case of mistaken identity by the
Johnster.

John Price * * * * pr...@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu
Where there is no solution, there is no problem.