[RS{W.Net] Video Store, A preview of the new RSPW/PW FAQ...

1 view

FenderBender

Jul 6, 2003, 10:29:11 PM7/6/03

"RSPW.Net" <NOT...@rspw.net> wrote in message
news:Xns93B0DA88...@216.168.3.44...
> RSPW.Net Update, 06-Jul-2003
>
> ========================
> New Feature
> ========================
>
> The RSPW.Net Video Store is now open for business! Not as detailed as
> the book store, but we do have over 600 titles to choose from, via our
> association with Amazon.Com. Go read the list, click the link, buy the
> video, and help support your favorite wrestling website!

So how does this support LordsOfPain? :)

Seriously....I'm not going to buy from you just because you have to shill it
to have anyone care. Now, if I was visiting RSPW.net and saw the ad, maybe I
would consider it. But if you're going to just become another Marc Ash, then
consider your RSPW.Net address PLONKED after the next shill.

FenderBender

Jul 6, 2003, 11:25:30 PM7/6/03

"John Henry" <john...@lowgenius.com> wrote:

> > So how does this support LordsOfPain? :)
> >
> > Seriously....I'm not going to buy from you just because you have to
> > shill it to have anyone care. Now, if I was visiting RSPW.net and saw
> > the ad, maybe I would consider it. But if you're going to just become
> > another Marc Ash, then consider your RSPW.Net address PLONKED after
> > the next shill.
> >

> *sigh*
>
> The video store just went up this morning. This is the first time it's
> ever been mentioned on the group.

While true, it's the second shill I've seen in three days regarding Amazon
and RSPW.net.

> This is also the first time the group
> has had a chance to see the new FAQ at all. This is why it's a "work in
> progress," you see, because new things are happening all the time.
> That's why it says "Update" at the top of the post, because it's new
> information. Just like a couple of days ago, the bookstore was "new
> information."

Why do I have a feeling that there will also be new information concerning
wrestling CD's, action figures, magazines.....you get the idea. If you were
just shilling the site....no problem. But shilling a section where you make
income off of our purchases is just a step below spamming.

> In a few days or a couple of weeks, the public release of
> the FAQ will be "new information." Following that, show updates, other
> marketing, news reports, new features, and other new, updated, or
> expanded content will be "new information."

Just as I thought....

> The notion is to overcome the perception tha tthis is just another
> temporary RSPW project/fad, and to let people know that work is
> progressing on this.

Just a guess here, but I have a feeling that 85% of the group could care
less. No offense, but looking at what was there yesterday took about 3
minutes. Unless there would be a major update, then why bother going back?
All I saw yesterday were a bookstore section, some polls (Phil Collins?
LMAO) and some info about the RSPW.net team. Once again, no offense, but I
could plug my website everyday with new content by adding a line of text. No
what I would consider a major improvement.

> New people come to the group every day - they don't
> know about the site. You didn't know about the video store, or the url
> for the FAQ, until this message was posted. Now you've gone and looked,

WRONG!

> and so will other people. More traffic, more interest, and eventually,
> hopefully, people will start seeing RSPW.Net as more than the "abandoned
> project" that people were claiming it was a couple of months ago. When
> we're getting enough traffic that people who aren't associated with the
> site start putting it over, then fine, I guess I can stop doing so
> myself, but until that time, I don't see any other way to get the word
> out to the people it would matter most to, do you?

Here are two ways:

-Simply put the address in your sig line. If people care to read what you
have to say, then they'll visit.
-Continue posting under RSPW.Net, but don't mention "generating capital" or
shilling the bookstore or video store. If people want to visit they'll go.

> I'm more than open to suggestions. What I'm not open to is mindless
> bitching with no alternative options offered. If you have some idea of a
> way to publicize this site for free to people and let them know when is a
> good time to make a return visit, I'm more than happy to take that
> suggestion into consideration.

Last thing I'm trying to do is to start a pissing contest, but damn....if
you're hurting for "income" for the site, don't bother with it until you can
afford to foot the bill yourself. You've already bitched and moaned that if
you don't get enough income, then the site will have to come down. Why
bother? If that happens, then you go right back to it being an "abandoned
project". Why post an incomplete FAQ? Floor everyone by posting a completed
FAQ. Who cares if some drones are complaining that it's an "abandoned
project"? Finish the FAQ and get the site 90% done and then shut them up by
showing them the new site. Otherwise, its like watching an ant carry a piece
of bread crumb by crumb up a 2 foot anthill. Just my $.02

> --
> John Henry
> -Now playing: Winamp stopped
> LowGenius Digital Imaging
> http://www.lowgenius.com
> The LowGenius Sticker Store
> http://www.lowgenius.net
> We're not hitchiking anymore....WE'RE RIDING~!

Alex Cain

Jul 6, 2003, 11:40:55 PM7/6/03

"RSPW.Net" <NOT...@rspw.net> wrote in message
> RSPW.Net Update, 06-Jul-2003

-snip-

Nobody. Cares.

Alex Cain

Jul 7, 2003, 1:00:41 AM7/7/03

"FenderBender" <Fender...@blaaaaa.blaaaaa> wrote in message

> "RSPW.Net" <NOT...@rspw.net> wrote in message
> > RSPW.Net Update, 06-Jul-2003
> >
> > ========================
> > New Feature
> > ========================
> >
> > The RSPW.Net Video Store is now open for business! Not as detailed as
> > the book store, but we do have over 600 titles to choose from, via our
> > association with Amazon.Com. Go read the list, click the link, buy the
> > video, and help support your favorite wrestling website!
> >

> So how does this support LordsOfPain? :)
>
> Seriously....I'm not going to buy from you just because you have to shill
it
> to have anyone care.

What gives you the idea that anybody actually cares?

>Now, if I was visiting RSPW.net and saw the ad, maybe I

...would laugh. A lot.

> would consider it. But if you're going to just become another Marc Ash,
then
> consider your RSPW.Net address PLONKED after the next shill.

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA

Alex Cain

Jul 7, 2003, 1:00:53 AM7/7/03

"FenderBender" <Fender...@blaaaaa.blaaaaa> wrote in message

DeBong 0wned again. How sad for him.

Alex Cain

Jul 7, 2003, 1:05:06 AM7/7/03

"John Henry" <john...@lowgenius.com> wrote in message
> What is THAT, FenderBender (Fender...@blaaaaa.blaaaaa)? Is that a
> rec.sport.pro-wrestling pin, ON YOUR UNIFORM?!
> *sigh*
>
> The video store just went up this morning.

So the fuck what?

>This is the first time it's
> ever been mentioned on the group.

It's still a shill, dumbass.

>This is also the first time the group
> has had a chance to see the new FAQ at all.

Nobody cares.

> This is why it's a "work in
> progress," you see, because new things are happening all the time.

*snicker*

> That's why it says "Update" at the top of the post, because it's new
> information. Just like a couple of days ago, the bookstore was "new

> information." In a few days or a couple of weeks, the public release of

> the FAQ will be "new information." Following that, show updates, other
> marketing, news reports, new features, and other new, updated, or
> expanded content will be "new information."

JOHN IS GOING TO SAV-ED RSPW FOR US!!!!!

> The notion is to overcome the perception tha tthis is just another
> temporary RSPW project/fad, and to let people know that work is
> progressing on this.

*rofl*

Just....so....crazy....

> New people come to the group every day - they don't
> know about the site. You didn't know about the video store, or the url
> for the FAQ, until this message was posted. Now you've gone and looked,

> and so will other people. More traffic, more interest, and eventually,
> hopefully, people will start seeing RSPW.Net as more than the "abandoned
> project" that people were claiming it was a couple of months ago.

You mean the 'abandoned project' created by a mentally disturbed man in his
thirties with no job, no stable income, a history of violence and threats of
violence, and who is most known for making long-winded posts to a wrestling
newsgroup he takes more seriously than life itself?

>When
> we're getting enough traffic that people who aren't associated with the
> site start putting it over, then fine, I guess I can stop doing so
> myself, but until that time, I don't see any other way to get the word
> out to the people it would matter most to, do you?

You could just shut the fuck up.

> I'm more than open to suggestions. What I'm not open to is mindless
> bitching with no alternative options offered. If you have some idea of a
> way to publicize this site for free to people and let them know when is a
> good time to make a return visit, I'm more than happy to take that
> suggestion into consideration.

So basically, you are "open to suggestions," yet when he gives you one (stop
shilling) you tell him to fuck off. Makes sense to me. Alienate
potential viewers and make yourself look like an asshole to boot. GREAT
PLAN, GENIUS.

Alex Cain

Jul 7, 2003, 1:24:52 AM7/7/03

"FenderBender" <Fender...@blaaaaa.blaaaaa> wrote in message

But John is lonely and desperate for money and attention, and hits for his
website! You're gonna crush his hopes and dreams, man! His hopes and
dreams! Do you seriously know what that means?

John is trying to SAVE this place, man! So Trish Stratus can have a place
to read without being bothered by the trolls!

Alex Cain

Jul 7, 2003, 1:25:44 AM7/7/03

"FenderBender" <Fender...@blaaaaa.blaaaaa> wrote in message

More like a dog trying to shit out a fire hydrant but you're right in
everything you just said.

Lvubun

Jul 7, 2003, 4:16:11 AM7/7/03
"FenderBender" <Fender...@blaaaaa.blaaaaa> wrote in

I just think if we donate, John should come over and give us oral.

HailFlashUSavedUrEarthHaveANiceDay

Jul 7, 2003, 10:39:36 AM7/7/03
>Subject: [RS{W.Net] Video Store, A preview of the new RSPW/PW FAQ...
>From: "RSPW.Net" NOT...@rspw.net
>Date: 7/6/2003 9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

>RSPW.Net Update, 06-Jul-2003
>
>========================
>New Feature
>========================
>
>The RSPW.Net Video Store is now open for business! Not as detailed as
>the book store, but we do have over 600 titles to choose from, via our
>association with Amazon.Com. Go read the list, click the link, buy the
>video, and help support your favorite wrestling website!

So basically you performed an Amazon search and pasted it onto your site.
Even better is that there are about 25 pages worth of videos, all in
alphabetical order, meaning combing through the list is just tedious.

Why not just put the general Amazon referall link and have it redirect to the
actual search page on Amazon?

No clue whatsoever.

>http://www.lowgenius.com/rspw/faq_srch_dtl.asp?q=22

Doesn't come up. Of course.

>nd we think that when it's done
>you're going to be incredibly impressed.

I'll be incredibly impressed by the gross errors I know will be there.
-----------------
"And he's followed by Jamilla, who's got the cream soda!!!" - Faith No More,
"Anne's Song"

HailFlashUSavedUrEarthHaveANiceDay

Jul 7, 2003, 10:51:34 AM7/7/03
>I mean, the site's
>free, and always will be - looking around at the other PW sites on the
>web, I'd think just the fact that it doesn't pop up so many banner ads
>that your computer crashes when you visit would be worth a buck or three,

Some of us have pop-up blockers. I thought a computer genius like you might
have heard of this.

Alex Cain

Jul 7, 2003, 8:44:46 PM7/7/03

"John Henry" <john...@lowgenius.com> wrote in message

-snip-

Wow, 13kb and not a single important thing.

Alex Cain

Jul 7, 2003, 9:23:29 PM7/7/03

"Lvubun" <moo...@dellepro.com> wrote in message

But why? After all, Chad gets it for free.