[INFO] Ring Report TV Update #117 pt.3/5

1 view

RingReport

May 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/22/95
Scorpio hits an incredible moonsault which given the low ceiling in the
Flagstaff, is quite a feat. Scorpio tries a sunset flip from the second
rope but as he tries to take Shane over, Douglas sits on him and grabs the
ropes for leverage, 1-2-3.

5. (TV TITLE): Eddy Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko. The first fall of the match
was last night in Hazelton, PA, won by Eddy Guerrero. Guess who wins the
second? Good job. Best match of the day, with all the usual incredible
spots from Eddy: the splash, the top-rope Frankensteiner, the spinning DDT
(still my favorite move). They do the spot where they exchange pin
attempts, back and forth, until finally Dean gets the win. The pinfall
came out of nowhere which hurt the match a little. Oh, and Mikey was
drinking soda.

6. (WORLD TITLE): Sandman vs. Cactus Jack. Cactus comes to the ring with
the belt and the cane, which leaves some to wonder if he won the belt in
Hazelton. Nah. He just stole them. After a few minutes of brawling, Tommy
Dreamer shows up and is given his orders by Jack: if Woman interferes,
"Slap the b!tch". *Big* pop. They do a finish which is really starting to
wear on my nerves lately: Cactus has Sandman in a sleeper, the ref. checks
the arm, 1-2, Woman hits the ref. with the cane. Dreamer follows his
orders and carries her off. Raven stops Dreamer and attacks him in the
aisle. He then heads to the ring to help Sandman fight Cactus. I guess
this was a setup for the evening show in Langhorne (a Rob Feinstein
production). Cactus DDT's Raven and the ref. counts 1-2, but sees who it
is. Sandman hits Jack with the cane, Dreamer returns, total pandemonium,
ref. calls for the bell, no-contest. Cactus gets on the mic and calls for
911, and out he comes. 911 then chokeslams both Sandman and Raven. Dave
first pointed this out and I agree: there is no way 911 should chokeslam
the World champion. 911 is a gimmick, Sandman is the champion. And 911 has
been losing a lot of steam lately. He got a decent pop that died quick in
Jim Thorpe and the Arena crowd is starting to turn against him.

7. Public Enemy & Money G (Doug Flex), vs. Pit Bulls & Steve Richards. I
don't know who started it, but a chant of "Spread your cheeks, Stevie,
spread your cheeks!" starts up. This prompts Richards to get on the house
mic and proclaim, "I am *NOT* a f@ggot!" Guess what the crowd chants next.
Anyway, it was a wild brawl, with Flex juicing, a sight I enjoyed. Dave is
talking with Scorpio during the match and Shane walks by, causing Scorpio
to call him a "p^ssy". We are also starting to take chant requests now, as
a guy comes up wanting "Deep Throat Stevie!" We oblige. "Stevie and
PitBull sitting in a tree, F-^-C-K-I-N-G!" is another of the many chants
that afternoon. JR Finnegan walks by and tells us, "You guys are f^ckin'
brutal!" Big Dave is starting up some classic ones as well. Bloody G (TM
Sam), hits Richards with the frying pan and covers him for the pinfall
(Richards jobbing to Flex is a disgrace in my book). A decent brawl to end
a quick show.

OVERALL: What's up with the booking lately? What a bunch of stinker
endings for these matches. The rollup finish has got to go too. It doesn't
build any credibility for the winner of the match.

As we stand around BSing afterward, some Jim Thorpe mutant walks by with
his hockey stick, mumbling, "Bunch of pussies in this place . . . " I
guess they didn't use his hockey stick. We see Deliverance Boy and Sign
Guy afterward, and DB tells us he doesn't like Sandman, leading to a huge
"Sandman!" chant at him.

And for those who requested, I present . . . THE CONTENTS OF SIGN GUY'S
CAR. Yes, oh yes, we saw Sign Guy's car, and now the mystery of it's
contents will be revealed for all: Shredded Wheat, Singapore canes, diet
Arizona Ice Tea, Sweet-n-Low, the Club. I may have missed one or two
things. Anyone who was there, feel free to add.

After some more BSing, including the discovery of Tim's weakness, we head
out, back to Philly and our homes. Until next time . . .

WWF WRESTLING CHALLENGE 5/21/95 by RICKY KAYE
WHAT YOU MISSED: Clips from IYH. KING KONG BUNDY squashed TIM McMEANY
. . . TED DIBIASE interview with IRS . . . Clips from BAM BAM/IRS match
from raw . . . SHAWN MICHAELS music video . . . THE BLU'S beat ROSS
GREENBERG & BRIAN WALSH . . . IYH report. . . Clips from JERRY LAWLER
talking about him defeating Bret Hart form raw . . . MAN 'O' WAR pinned
NICK BARBERRY. . . clips from RAZOR RAMON/JJ & ROADIE match from IYH . . .
SAVIO VEGA interview from raw . . . HHH beat BERT CENTINO. . . WWF Hall of
Fame promo . . . BOB BACKLUND interview from raw . . . BUSHWACKERS beat
BARRY HOROWITZ & BROOKLYN BRAWLER . . . SKIP & SUNNY promo . . .THE
UNDERTAKER pinned MIKE BELL . . . IYH report. NEXT WEEK: KAMA & ALLIED
POWERS . . .

USWA WRESTLING 5/21/95 by CRUNGE
WHAT YOU MISSED: DAVE BROWN and LANCE RUSSELL announced there would
be a legends night in LOUISVILLE, KY on 11 June 1995. More details in the
next few weeks . . . UPTOWN KAREN lost to MISS TEXAS because Karen can't
wrestle . . . DOUG GILBERT won a round-robin tournament last week for the
right to face BRIAN LEE for the USWA Heavyweight Title; Lee came out with
JIMMY HARRIS and said he was friends with Gilbert and would give Gilbert
the chance to back out; the match went ahead, and Lee was doing well, when
Gilbert said that Lee was right, he should not be wrestling for the belt,
and held up Lee's hand; as Lee walked away, Gilbert rolled him up to
become the new USWA Heavyweight Champ; Lee and Harris then trashed
Gilbert, but no one made the save to complete Gilbert's face turn, so
maybe it is not a real turn . . . BRIAN CHRISTOPHER came out to boos from
the crowd, and talked about hitting tag partner BILL DUNDEE with a chain
in a recent match; Dundee came out, and Christopher referred to him as a
"midget who thinks he's Elvis" and a shoving match started . . .
Christopher then destroyed the SHADOW . . . Christopher came back out,
called out WOLFIE D, and told Wolfie that he should dump tag partner JC
ICE because Ice is a Dundee; Christopher said he and Wolfie should take on
Dundee and Ice to see who would face OWEN HART and YOKOZUNA for the WWF
Tag Titles; Ice came out, then Dundee, and Dundee hit Wolfie, and a fight
broke out; looks like PG-13, with the tag belts, has split up . . . last
match was supposed to be PG-13 and Dundee against BRICKHOUSE BROWN, the
GAMBLER, and GORGEOUS GEORGE III, but Wolfie would not come out, so it was
Ice and Dundee against Brown and Gambler; GG III ran in, and Wolfie came
to help, but Dundee clocked Wolfie after the heels were gone, and then
came Christopher . . .

WCW SLAMBOREE 5/21/95 by CHRIS YETMAN
Since World Championship Wrestling "put on" Bash at the Beach in June the
PPV'S WCW has "vomited up" for the viewing audience have been disgraceful.
In my mind I though "Slamboree will be different, it was good last year it
should be great this year" . . . never believe anything I say. Don't get
me wrong this wasn't" WCW normal every-day-piece-of-crap" bad. It was just
bad . . . Before the event started Hawk came out and attacked Meng
challenging him to wrestle tonight . . . The whole Idea was retarded.
There was no reason for Hawk to come out he was not provoked in any way .
. .

Nasty Boy(s), vs. Harlem Heat Apparently the Nasty Boys were attacked by
the Bluebloods before the event and only Saggs came out. It was basically
a Handicapped match until Knobs returned and single handedly defeated
Harlem Heat to win the titles. OK match.

The Man with no Talent vs. Kevin Sullivan BAD, not even remotely
entertaining. Kevin won with a stomach stomp?!! At the end some weird old
man appeared on the Video Wall and Kevin ran away.

Dick Murdoch vs. Wahoo McDaniel OH BOY A LEGENDS MATCH! Wahoo won. For
comments see above match. Oh yeah and it was filmed in Black and White to
give it that old look.

The Great Muta vs. Paul Orndorff This match was for the IWGP Title and I
was kind of looking forward to seeing The Great One (I know that is Wayne
Gretzky's Title but it doesn't look like he be using it again). With the
exception of the Handspring into the elbow (which Hakushi did better last
week), and the moonsault that he beat Orndorff with there was nothing
impressive in this match. I give it a fair at best.

Das BIG DISGRACE vs. Arn Anderson Arn won. How bad could it have been?

Meng vs. Hawk Not an impressive return for Hawk. It was a double count out
and it was not a good match. Meng is a fat $hit too.

Hall of Fame Inductions:

Terry Funk

Dusty Rhodes

Wahoo McDaniel

Antonio Inoki

Angelo Poffo

Gordon Solie

Big John Studd

Perhaps the best part of the night. This years inductions were, as always,
done with class and respect. I especially like the way they handled John
Minton and Solie. I don't like much WCW does anymore but this is one thing
they do right.

Sting vs. Big Bubba Just about 2 guys running into a table for 10 minutes.
Sting beat him with a scorpion death lock.

Ric Flair & Vader vs. HH & Randy Savage Most important thing to note is
that during this match a man approx. 7 feet tall appeared in the aisle
with a small Chinese guy looking to be after HH. HH pinned Ric Flair again
that is all I have to say for this travesty. I will not support a card
that has Flair losing to HH. At the end Flair put Angelo Poffo in the
Figure-Four. It was the second best part of the night. Also someone please
murder and mutilate the body of the Renegade.

Well it was a step up from Uncensored but then again so is H3ll. Next
week: a Slamboree Follow-Up Next PPV: The Great American Bash returns!

continued next . . .