(TAPE) Phil Schneider Comp 4

Phil Schneider

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

Here is the match list for my newset and IMO my best 8 hr Comp tape. The
match lists for this, my other three comp tapes and my Best of Cactus
Jack Tape are on my Michinoku Pro Homepage at

http://www.eagle.american.edu/users/phil/mpro

Phil Schneider Comp Tape 4

(0:00:00-0:53:15) EMLL Ultimo Dragon + Mascara Magica + Brazo de Oro +
El Dandy + La Fiera + Negro Casas + Shocker + Atlantis v. Santanico + La
Felino + Scorpio Jr. + Silver King + Black Warrior + El Hijo Del Santo +
Dr. Wagner Jr. + Wild Child Kevin Quinn: The Lucha Libre match of the
year. Incredible 16 man elimination tag match, with every single
wrestler working above himself. The whole match is a lucha matwork
clinic climaxing with the exchanges between the El Dandy and the
incomparable Black Warrior, plus one of the greatest highspots in
wrestling history, an insane horizontal to verticle tope by Shocker
which lands him in the third row.

(0:53:16-1:02:16) WCW Steven Regal v. Belfast Brusier: This match for
WCW Saturday night is about as brutal as wrestling can get. Both guys
just potatoe the crap out of each other, highlights include Regal
hitting the hardest clothesline I have ever seen and Finlay tomestoning
Regal on the concrete.

(1:02:17-1:21:02) MPRO Shiryu v. Super Delfin: Great singles match from
the MPRO 5 on 5 series. Shiryu is possibly the best rudo in wrestling
right now, making all of Delfin's moves look great, and uncorking a ring
apron through the ring post somersualt tope.

(1:21:03-1:38:07) Battlearts Hiroshi Ono + Dasuke Ikeda v. Alexander
Otsuka + Satoshi Yoneyana: Stiff and awsome quasi-shootsyle tag match
from the 96' Inoki festival with nasty kicks and crippling suplexes all
around. With TAKA now a face Hiroshi Ono is the prince of surly scrany
punk ass-kickers.

(1:38:08-2:02:02) MPRO Great Sasuke + Masato Yakashiji + Norino
Hoshikawa + Gran Hamada + Super Delfin v. TAKA Michinoku + Dick Togo +
Men's Teiho + Shiryu + Shochi Funaki: Killer MPRO ten men from the same
Inoki festival, there is nothing I love more then a MPRO ten man, and
this is one of the best, the unheralded Yakashiji steals the show with
bizzare armdag combinations and a Shockeresque tope that lands him on
the other side of the announcers table. Everyone else is their usuall
great selves, with Men's Teiho winning the outfit contest with his full
length fur coat.

(2:02:03-2:20:12) GAEA KAORU v. Akira Hokoto : The best womens match of
the year with Hokoto unleashing her arsenal of super dangerous suplexes
and KAORU countering with the worlds second most brutal Michinoku Driver
2 (behind Takiawa's later in this tape) and cool moonsaults. Akira's
reverse exploder is the most brutal suplex I have ever seen.

(2:20:13-2:51:37) AAA Lizmark + El Hijo Del Santo + Eddie Gurrerro v.
Fuerza Gurrerra + Marbunta + Jerry Estrada: Great Lucha match from when
Eddie was a technico. Great lucha exchanges and great assisted plancha
from the skies by Santo.

(2:51:38-3:09:28) NJ Koji Kanemoto v. El Samurai: Final of the Top of
the Super Juniors tourney and the best match of 1997. Incredible brutal
innovative and cool. Koji is such an unnparelled dick, and places his
entry in the 1997 kill El Samurai contest by deliviring a reverse top
rope hurricanrana which land Samurai directly on his his from the top. A
must see match for anyone who enjoys wrestling JIP.

(3:09:29-3:24:04) NJ Shinjiro Ohtani v. El Samurai: J Crown title
defense and another chapter in the death of El Samurai, Shinjiro checks
in with a springboard DDT, great juniors match, with only Ohtani crying
to put it below Koji v. Samurai. Great camera angle on the tree of woe
dropkick JIP.

(3:24:05-3:31:08) NJ El Samurai v. Tesuhiro Takiawa: Another great NJ
Juniors match and another possible broken neck for El Samurai, top rope
Death Valley Driver is the move dejour, Takiawa also lands the worlds
most brutal Michinoku Driver 2 JIP.

(3:31:09-3:45:27) EMLL Mano Negro Jr. + Mr. Aguila + Ultraman Jr. v.
Arkangel + Gurrerra del Futura + Violencia: Aguila, Negro and Ultraman,
none of whom are old enough to drink, evidentally have a bet to see who
can land farthest into the audiance with thier highspots, watch as they
take out rows of chairs. Mr. Aguila who will be god in a year, also
performs the worlds most elaborate arm drag.

(3:45:22-4:35:00) AJ Mitsahara Misawa v. Toshiaki Kawada: From 1994,
maybe the greatest match I have ever seen. Unbelivably stiff, gracefull
and brutal. Misawa wrestles the match with blood flowing from his ear.
Back and forth for 35 minutes with out a resthold and enough direct neck
impact to normal mortals in the cemetary. The debut of the Tiger Driver
'94. Awsome slow motion camera shots of the bruatality at the end.

(4:35:01-4:57:48) AJ Mitsahara Misawa v. Jun Akiyama: For the triple
crown Akiyama steps up to the plate for his first title shot,
exploderific fun. Slightly Clipped.

(4:57:49-5:16:33) AAA Super Astro + Volador + Transformer v. Fuerza
Guerrera + Jerry Estrada + Blue Panther: Superb all around Lucha match
with great quick exchanges, and nasty bumps. All capped off by Voladors
Asai moonsault into the crowd.

(5:16:34-5:47:36) JWP Dynamite Kansai v. Hikikari Fukaoka: Great JWP
title match with face smashing kicks from Kansai, and a pair of
incredible moonsault double stomps from Fukaoka.

(5:47:37-6:05:31) CWA Belfast Brusier v. Franz Shuman: Irish street
fight with blood and stiff brutality. Watch Finlay hang Shumann watch
Shumann punch Finlay directly in the face. HH

(6:05:32-6:22:36) WCW Dean Malenko v. Eddie Guerrero: HH from WCW's LA
Saturday Nitro. These two always put on classics, and this one is no
exeception. Even better then the ECW matches because there is hatred
mixed in with the wrestling now, and Eddie is the best heel in
wrestling.

(6:22:37-6:39:37)AJ Jumbo Tsuruta v. Stan Hansen: These two both beat
the crap of each other in this 1989 triple crown match which is about as
stiff as a brawl gets Stan Hansen potatoes Tsuruta and Tsuruta gives it
right back to him.

(6:39:38-6:45:29) NJ Koji Kanemoto v. Tetsihiro Takiawa: Fun NJ Juniors
match with the nasty Death Valley Driver from Takaiawa and surliness
from both. Great ending. JIP

(6:45:30-6:57:33) NJ Fujitia v. Don Frye: Watch former UFC champ Frye
become the most hated man in Japan by breaking all the rules of
shootstyle, brawling with Ogawa, flipping off the crowd and threating
Inoki's decrepid ass. Great fun.

(6:57:34 -7:07:10) NJ Jushin Liger v. Hiroshi Hase: Great junior match
from 1989, with Liger in his hideous old outfit. Bunches of suplexes I
havent seen since. Two of the best in a great match. JIP

(7:07:11-7:20:07) GAEA: KAORU V. Toshiki Yamada: KAORU shows she is one
of the most versitle wrestlers in the sport by wrestling a superb
shoot-style match with the queen of shoot style Yamada. Very cool.

(7:20:08-7:44:05) UWF Akira Meada v. Nobohiro Takada: The two greatest
shootstyle wrestler ever delivering the goods. Intricate submission
wrestling and brutal kicks, plus an unparalled atmosphere make this
worth seeing.

(7:44:09-8:03:04) NJ Brusier Brody v. Dick Murdoch: Two of the best
brawlers in history, brawling, Brody is amazingly agile for someone his
size and so is Murdoch lots of blood chairs and tables. What ECW wishes
it was.

If you are interested e-mail me. Check the home page for other tapes.

http://www.eagle.american.edu/users/phil/mpro/

Later
Phil

Dean&Angie

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

Phil Schneider wrote:

HEY! IT'S PHIL! These usually stir up some controversy. You needed a
Tenzan/Muta match to lure Crowboy in this, like your first one.:)

> Phil Schneider Comp Tape 4
>
> (0:00:00-0:53:15) EMLL Ultimo Dragon + Mascara Magica + Brazo de Oro +
> El Dandy + La Fiera + Negro Casas + Shocker + Atlantis v. Santanico + La
> Felino + Scorpio Jr. + Silver King + Black Warrior + El Hijo Del Santo +
> Dr. Wagner Jr. + Wild Child Kevin Quinn: The Lucha Libre match of the
> year. Incredible 16 man elimination tag match, with every single
> wrestler working above himself. The whole match is a lucha matwork
> clinic climaxing with the exchanges between the El Dandy and the
> incomparable Black Warrior, plus one of the greatest highspots in
> wrestling history, an insane horizontal to verticle tope by Shocker
> which lands him in the third row.

This match is just awesome. 53 minutes of Lucha bliss. I'm trying to
figure out who was best in this- Silver King, Black Warrior or Felino.
Either way, all this kicks ass. If Koji Kanemoto hadn't wrestled this
year, this would win Match of The Year in a walk, in my own durn
opinion.

> (1:02:17-1:21:02) MPRO Shiryu v. Super Delfin: Great singles match from
> the MPRO 5 on 5 series. Shiryu is possibly the best rudo in wrestling
> right now, making all of Delfin's moves look great, and uncorking a ring
> apron through the ring post somersualt tope.

This match is right in the middle in terms of match quality of this
SPECTACULAR feud that stretches from MP's infancy, so it's pretty
fantabulous. Where the hell is Shiryu now and why isn't he on my TV?

> (1:21:03-1:38:07) Battlearts Hiroshi Ono + Dasuke Ikeda v. Alexander
> Otsuka + Satoshi Yoneyana: Stiff and awsome quasi-shootsyle tag match
> from the 96' Inoki festival with nasty kicks and crippling suplexes all
> around. With TAKA now a face Hiroshi Ono is the prince of surly scrany
> punk ass-kickers.

Yoneyama and Ono kicking the shit out of each other was the best thing
in the whole festival. Ikeda has become totally god-like and shows his
true star-power in this match, as he goes in out of styles like the
ultimate wrestling chameleon that he is. I dug this even more than the
MP ten-man on that card. I can't believe that this same card had Kitao
vs Mabel on it. And Gaspar the Pirate.

> (1:38:08-2:02:02) MPRO Great Sasuke + Masato Yakashiji + Norino
> Hoshikawa + Gran Hamada + Super Delfin v. TAKA Michinoku + Dick Togo +
> Men's Teiho + Shiryu + Shochi Funaki: Killer MPRO ten men from the same
> Inoki festival, there is nothing I love more then a MPRO ten man, and
> this is one of the best, the unheralded Yakashiji steals the show with
> bizzare armdag combinations and a Shockeresque tope that lands him on
> the other side of the announcers table. Everyone else is their usuall
> great selves, with Men's Teiho winning the outfit contest with his full
> length fur coat.

The coat was FREAKIN CHOICE. This match was also Hoshikawa's
breakthrough match as he showed that if MP can limp into next year
without going under, he could be the number three face behind Delfin and
Sasuke (if they can figure out a way not to screw Delfin up even more).

> (2:02:03-2:20:12) GAEA KAORU v. Akira Hokoto : The best womens match of
> the year with Hokoto unleashing her arsenal of super dangerous suplexes
> and KAORU countering with the worlds second most brutal Michinoku Driver
> 2 (behind Takiawa's later in this tape) and cool moonsaults. Akira's
> reverse exploder is the most brutal suplex I have ever seen.

KAORU is the QUEEN! I still don't want to believe Hokuto is leaving
GAEA; she was such a perfect fit, and Devil Masami ain't no kinda
compensation as a replacement. Maybe it's time to make a play for the
AJW defectors; Mima Shimoda would be nice in every sense of the word.
WOO-HOO!

> (2:20:13-2:51:37) AAA Lizmark + El Hijo Del Santo + Eddie Gurrerro v.
> Fuerza Gurrerra + Marbunta + Jerry Estrada: Great Lucha match from when
> Eddie was a technico. Great lucha exchanges and great assisted plancha
> from the skies by Santo.

Marabunta KICKS ASS! Lizmark was such STILL a good worker back then and
the pansy Eddy the face isn't annoying like it can be.:)

> (2:51:38-3:09:28) NJ Koji Kanemoto v. El Samurai: Final of the Top of
> the Super Juniors tourney and the best match of 1997.

HEY! HEY! I got to him before Idol, Crowboy and the persistent Lorefice
got ahold of him to poison his mind.:) Fellas, deep in your heart, you
know its true.:)

Incredible brutal
> innovative and cool. Koji is such an unnparelled dick, and places his
> entry in the 1997 kill El Samurai contest by deliviring a reverse top
> rope hurricanrana which land Samurai directly on his his from the top. A

Takaiwa won that hands down with the top-rope Death Valley Driver into
an Endless Suplex into Dangerous High-Angle Excalibur. EL Samurai is a
crazy bastard, and he lost his mind around January of this year, around
the same time he achieved grappling godhood.

> must see match for anyone who enjoys wrestling JIP.

JIP RULE...HEY!

> (3:31:09-3:45:27) EMLL Mano Negro Jr. + Mr. Aguila + Ultraman Jr. v.
> Arkangel + Gurrerra del Futura + Violencia: Aguila, Negro and Ultraman,
> none of whom are old enough to drink, evidentally have a bet to see who
> can land farthest into the audiance with thier highspots, watch as they
> take out rows of chairs. Mr. Aguila who will be god in a year, also
> performs the worlds most elaborate arm drag.

That should be "Aguila will be a god if he can still walk in one year."
And Violencia is the new wave king of rudos.

> (3:45:22-4:35:00) AJ Mitsahara Misawa v. Toshiaki Kawada: From 1994,
> maybe the greatest match I have ever seen. Unbelivably stiff, gracefull
> and brutal. Misawa wrestles the match with blood flowing from his ear.
> Back and forth for 35 minutes with out a resthold and enough direct neck
> impact to normal mortals in the cemetary. The debut of the Tiger Driver
> '94. Awsome slow motion camera shots of the bruatality at the end.

This was the second All Japan match I ever saw, and my mind was TOTALLY
blown when I saw it. You really cannot get any better than this match.
No way around it.

> (4:35:01-4:57:48) AJ Mitsahara Misawa v. Jun Akiyama: For the triple
> crown Akiyama steps up to the plate for his first title shot,
> exploderific fun. Slightly Clipped.

I was deeply not moved by this match.

> (4:57:49-5:16:33) AAA Super Astro + Volador + Transformer v. Fuerza
> Guerrera + Jerry Estrada + Blue Panther: Superb all around Lucha match
> with great quick exchanges, and nasty bumps. All capped off by Voladors
> Asai moonsault into the crowd.

The other great thing is that Transformer was so great and now he's
vanished from the face of the earth. (Unless Dave Fields knows the
story. Which I'm sure he does.:))

> (5:16:34-5:47:36) JWP Dynamite Kansai v. Hikikari Fukaoka: Great JWP
> title match with face smashing kicks from Kansai, and a pair of
> incredible moonsault double stomps from Fukaoka.

This is Fukuoka's year. She has grown into the belt and has become so
incredibly great. Notice that she wrestles Kansai's match and still
beats the shit of Kansai by the end. This might be the best women's
match of the year, but I'd have to watch KAORU vs Hokuto again. Nothing
in AJW touches either of those two this year, from what I've seen.

> (5:47:37-6:05:31) CWA Belfast Brusier v. Franz Shuman: Irish street
> fight with blood and stiff brutality. Watch Finlay hang Shumann watch
> Shumann punch Finlay directly in the face. HH

This is pretty fargin stiff. REALLY stiff. There seems to be a whole
class of old-style Euro-wrestlers who really don't give a shit if it
hurts a whole bunch or not, and you GOTTA love that. These guys are
tough as freakin nails.

> (6:05:32-6:22:36) WCW Dean Malenko v. Eddie Guerrero: HH from WCW's LA
> Saturday Nitro. These two always put on classics, and this one is no
> exeception. Even better then the ECW matches because there is hatred
> mixed in with the wrestling now, and Eddie is the best heel in
> wrestling.

I thought the Lucha match was cooler than this match, but I'm a freak.

> (6:39:38-6:45:29) NJ Koji Kanemoto v. Tetsihiro Takiawa: Fun NJ Juniors
> match with the nasty Death Valley Driver from Takaiawa and surliness
> from both. Great ending. JIP

Kanemoto is an unstoppable force of total coolness and greatness this
year. Takaiwa is starting to wrestle at the level of Liger, El Samurai,
Kanemoto, and Otani, even if he is still the least of the list. Actually
It's because everybody else has gotten so much better this year and
Takaiwa has grown just as much, and has actually gained a little ground,
but he still had so much ground to make up.

> (6:45:30-6:57:33) NJ Fujitia v. Don Frye: Watch former UFC champ Frye
> become the most hated man in Japan by breaking all the rules of
> shootstyle, brawling with Ogawa, flipping off the crowd and threating
> Inoki's decrepid ass. Great fun.

Stone Cold Don Frye is GREAT. He makes me proud to be an American.

> (7:07:11-7:20:07) GAEA: KAORU V. Toshiki Yamada: KAORU shows she is one
> of the most versitle wrestlers in the sport by wrestling a superb
> shoot-style match with the queen of shoot style Yamada. Very cool.

Fabulous psychology in this makes it work. Sorta like a good Yamazaki
match if Yamazaki was as hot as KAORU. Hmmm... I mean.... AH CRAP!

> (7:20:08-7:44:05) UWF Akira Meada v. Nobohiro Takada: The two greatest
> shootstyle wrestler ever delivering the goods. Intricate submission
> wrestling and brutal kicks, plus an unparalled atmosphere make this
> worth seeing.

This is number one and the best. Maeda is so fucking stiff in this.
Takada is so fucking fast in this. True thing of beauty.

> If you are interested e-mail me. Check the home page for other tapes.
>
> http://www.eagle.american.edu/users/phil/mpro/
>
> Later
> Phil

Get a job, hippy.:)