Turned on RAW for the first time in forever last night...

1 view
Skip to first unread message

FunkyM

unread,
Jun 13, 2006, 1:14:57 PM6/13/06
to
And it sucked worse than the hooker FunkyM picked up afterwords! Sorry,
but it's true brahs. Nothing that was supposed to be big and exciting
came off as such and the rest was meh at best.

- face Carlito vs. Shelton & Umanga... Carlito isn't as cool when he's
jobbing like a bitch to fat samoans with no charisma. Shelton still
can't speak well enough to get himself over, much less the feud. WWE
really needs to stop ignoring its midcard.

- Flair vs. Foley... this should've felt huge but the crowd was dead
and so was FunkyM. This is another one of those feuds that would've
been huge 10-15 years ago but now it's just two old shells of former
greats yapping at each other... the promos were supposed to be the best
part of this feud too! The match might be passable but it will be FAR
from great...

- DX reunited. Colour FunkyM unimpressed. First off, the spirit squad
didn't look like a credible threat vs. HHH alone, now they're supposed
to be a threat to HHH and HBK? Second, seeing the HHH from the past 6
years reform DX feels so wrong. Third, FunkyM can't help feeling WWE is
trying to recreate something special from 8-9 years ago and it just
feels artificial. Also HBK and HHH are 40ish now... it's like watching
your parents try to be cool and with it and not realizing you're
laughing at them instead of with them.

- When he came out all angry it was cool but then he switched back to
happy go lucky face Cena and it came off really lame. Hopefully he'll
go heel mode on the ECW show tonight.

Anyway, nothing is making FunkyM want to watch RAW again next week, so
he'll probably skip it and go straight to the hooker. At least there he
knows he's gonna get screwed badly!

peep peep, bitches!

Chris Lansdell {Just one calorie!}

unread,
Jun 13, 2006, 1:36:54 PM6/13/06
to
FunkyM, the short answer to your post to rec.sport.pro-wrestling on Tue
13 Jun 2006 02:44:57p is 42. The long answer is

> And it sucked worse than the hooker FunkyM picked up afterwords!
> Sorry, but it's true brahs. Nothing that was supposed to be big and
> exciting came off as such and the rest was meh at best.
>

7-year olds can get hookers now?

> - face Carlito vs. Shelton & Umanga... Carlito isn't as cool when he's
> jobbing like a bitch to fat samoans with no charisma. Shelton still
> can't speak well enough to get himself over, much less the feud. WWE
> really needs to stop ignoring its midcard.
>

Carlito didn't job to UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUmaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaa. Hacksaw
did. Carlito jobbed to Johnny Nitro, who is getting a nice little
midcard push. He's obviously in the IC Title match so that either
Shelton or Carlito can go over without having to beat the other one. I
thought Shelton was decent on the mic last night, he's certainly showing
vast signs of improvement.

> - Flair vs. Foley... this should've felt huge but the crowd was dead
> and so was FunkyM. This is another one of those feuds that would've
> been huge 10-15 years ago but now it's just two old shells of former
> greats yapping at each other... the promos were supposed to be the
> best part of this feud too! The match might be passable but it will be
> FAR from great...
>

That promo was very good, but the shame is there's no time for a better
one. The match is secondary. We may get a rematch though, and THEN we'll
have serious time for promos. 10-15 years ago the feud would not have
been huge because Foley was a midcarder and Flair was God. Now, with
FLair's book and both of them being legends, it takes on a whole new
significance. Notice I did not use the word relevance...neither of them
is relevant.

> - DX reunited. Colour FunkyM unimpressed. First off, the spirit squad
> didn't look like a credible threat vs. HHH alone, now they're
> supposed to be a threat to HHH and HBK? Second, seeing the HHH from
> the past 6 years reform DX feels so wrong. Third, FunkyM can't help
> feeling WWE is trying to recreate something special from 8-9 years ago
> and it just feels artificial. Also HBK and HHH are 40ish now... it's
> like watching your parents try to be cool and with it and not
> realizing you're laughing at them instead of with them.
>

IAWTP.

> - When he came out all angry it was cool but then he switched back to
> happy go lucky face Cena and it came off really lame. Hopefully he'll
> go heel mode on the ECW show tonight.
>

I thought for a second he was going to turn into pissed-off gangsta,
which would have been good. I also thought he was going to announce he
was taking Heyman's open offer, which would have drawn insane heat. But
when he started grinning like a fucking idiot, it killed the mood. Ah
well. They should give him a live mic tonight and let him shoot for a
bit. See how the ECW crowd react.


--
"The Lansdellicious One" Chris Lansdell
Founder of the Nation of Salivation
I HAVE TIL 5!!!!!!!!

FunkyM

unread,
Jun 13, 2006, 4:02:26 PM6/13/06
to

Chris Lansdell {Just one calorie!} writed:

> FunkyM, the short answer to your post to rec.sport.pro-wrestling on Tue
> 13 Jun 2006 02:44:57p is 42. The long answer is
>
> > And it sucked worse than the hooker FunkyM picked up afterwords!
> > Sorry, but it's true brahs. Nothing that was supposed to be big and
> > exciting came off as such and the rest was meh at best.
> >
> 7-year olds can get hookers now?

FunkyM used his fake ID

> > - face Carlito vs. Shelton & Umanga... Carlito isn't as cool when he's
> > jobbing like a bitch to fat samoans with no charisma. Shelton still
> > can't speak well enough to get himself over, much less the feud. WWE
> > really needs to stop ignoring its midcard.
> >
> Carlito didn't job to UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUmaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaa. Hacksaw
> did. Carlito jobbed to Johnny Nitro, who is getting a nice little
> midcard push. He's obviously in the IC Title match so that either
> Shelton or Carlito can go over without having to beat the other one. I
> thought Shelton was decent on the mic last night, he's certainly showing
> vast signs of improvement.

Oh yeah, that's right... well shows how interested in it FunkyM was

> > - Flair vs. Foley... this should've felt huge but the crowd was dead
> > and so was FunkyM. This is another one of those feuds that would've
> > been huge 10-15 years ago but now it's just two old shells of former
> > greats yapping at each other... the promos were supposed to be the
> > best part of this feud too! The match might be passable but it will be
> > FAR from great...
> >
> That promo was very good, but the shame is there's no time for a better
> one. The match is secondary. We may get a rematch though, and THEN we'll
> have serious time for promos. 10-15 years ago the feud would not have
> been huge because Foley was a midcarder and Flair was God. Now, with
> FLair's book and both of them being legends, it takes on a whole new
> significance. Notice I did not use the word relevance...neither of them
> is relevant.

Eh, you could tell they legit don't like each other that much but the
promos weren't that great and the crowd sounded like they didn't know
how to react.

> > - DX reunited. Colour FunkyM unimpressed. First off, the spirit squad
> > didn't look like a credible threat vs. HHH alone, now they're
> > supposed to be a threat to HHH and HBK? Second, seeing the HHH from
> > the past 6 years reform DX feels so wrong. Third, FunkyM can't help
> > feeling WWE is trying to recreate something special from 8-9 years ago
> > and it just feels artificial. Also HBK and HHH are 40ish now... it's
> > like watching your parents try to be cool and with it and not
> > realizing you're laughing at them instead of with them.
> >
> IAWTP.
>
> > - When he came out all angry it was cool but then he switched back to
> > happy go lucky face Cena and it came off really lame. Hopefully he'll
> > go heel mode on the ECW show tonight.
> >
> I thought for a second he was going to turn into pissed-off gangsta,
> which would have been good. I also thought he was going to announce he
> was taking Heyman's open offer, which would have drawn insane heat. But
> when he started grinning like a fucking idiot, it killed the mood. Ah
> well. They should give him a live mic tonight and let him shoot for a
> bit. See how the ECW crowd react.

Yeah, exactly. When Cena tries to be cool and witty he comes off like
an unlikable jerk... which is fine if he wasn't supposed to be a TOP
FACE!

peep peep, bitches!

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages