Let's see what kind of wrestling fans you RSPW punks really are

PetePanaro

Apr 24, 2002, 8:56:04 PM4/24/02
I'm getting tired of the WWF post-Attitude fans that have taken over wrestling
and RSPW. All this talk of Jeff Hardy as a future superstar and Brock Lesnar
as the next big thing, and Rock and HHH as all-time greats makes me laugh.

You aren't a wrestling fan unless you've seen some of the wrestlers, events,
and matches I'm about to list below. This ain't no workrate sensitive list
either. Just good, classic wrestling. Let me know how many of these you've
seen. If you haven't seen any, stop watching Raw, and go buy some old tapes.
Watch them, and then come back and we can talk.

PS-I only list stuff that I've seen, so I dont look hypocritical:

-Jimmy Garvin

-Ric Flair and the Precious mannequin

-Kevin and Kerry Von Erich

-Magnum TA

-War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour

-Magnum TA

-Iron Mike Sharpe

-The Fantastics

-The Sheepherders

-The Fantastics vs. The Sheepherders in the barbed wire cage

-The Fabulous Ones

-The Midnight Express

-The Rock n'Roll Express

-The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose and Doug Somers for the AWA tag team
titles

-Big John Studd

-Wrestlers fighting on Saturday Night in the TBS studios and then going over to
be interviewed on the interview stage right after their match by Tony Schiavone
and Jim Crockett.

-Ric Flair singing "I got the whole world, in my hands"

-Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant

-Superstar Billy Graham

-Pedro Morales

-Bruno Sammartino

-Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III

-The Megapowers formation on Saturday Night's Main Event

-Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign

-British Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation

-The Heenan Family

-Handsome Harley Race

-The UWF

-World Class Championship Wrestling

-The AWA

-The NWA

-Georgia Championship Wrestling

-Chapionship Wrestling from Florida

-The Crockett Cup Memorial Tag Team Tournament

-Rick Martel

-Nick Bockwinkel

-Barry O

-

Bukkake

Apr 24, 2002, 8:54:44 PM4/24/02
You forgot Carlos Colon and Bruiser Brody.

"PetePanaro" <petep...@aol.com> wrote in message

On Topic Guy

Apr 24, 2002, 9:59:53 PM4/24/02
On 25 Apr 2002 00:56:04 GMT, petep...@aol.com (PetePanaro) wrote:

Glad to see you aren't an elitist ass.

I could list all the different Japanese promotions I've watched and
wrestlers I've seen there, and say that you not having watched any of
that could not be a real wrestling fan.

PetePanaro

Apr 24, 2002, 9:12:05 PM4/24/02
>bject: Re: Let's see what kind of wrestling fans you RSPW punks really are
>From: padams2...@bellsouth.net (On Topic Guy)
>Date: 4/24/2002 9:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Why would an American fan of AMerican pro-wrestling give a shit about Japanese
Wrestling? Yeesh, we don't give a shit about European wrestling or Lucha
either.

And you are an elitist ass too, for gratuitously bringing up your Puro fanhood
while trying to cloak it as part of an argument.

Imfifth

Apr 24, 2002, 9:47:45 PM4/24/02

>I'm getting tired of the WWF post-Attitude fans that have taken over
>wrestling
>and RSPW. All this talk of Jeff Hardy as a future superstar and Brock Lesnar
>as the next big thing, and Rock and HHH as all-time greats makes me laugh.
>
>You aren't a wrestling fan unless you've seen some of the wrestlers, events,
>and matches I'm about to list below. This ain't no workrate sensitive list
>either. Just good, classic wrestling. Let me know how many of these you've
>seen.
>
>PS-I only list stuff that I've seen, so I dont look hypocritical:
>
>-Jimmy Garvin yes
>
>-Ric Flair and the Precious mannequin not ringing a bell but I grew up in the
Northeast without cable. I was only fortunate enough to see non WWF wrestling
(live or on tv) during trips

>-Kevin and Kerry Von Erich yes
>
>-Magnum TA yes

>-War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour
> No

>-Iron Mike Sharpe yes and met him more than once
>
>-The Fantastics yes
>
>-The Sheepherders yes
>
>-The Fantastics vs. The Sheepherders in the barbed wire cage No
>
>-The Fabulous Ones yes
>
>-The Midnight Express yes
>
>-The Rock n'Roll Express yes

>-The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose and Doug Somers for the AWA tag team
>titles

> only on video

>-Big John Studd yes and met him

>-Wrestlers fighting on Saturday Night in the TBS studios and then going over
>be interviewed on the interview stage right after their match by Tony
>Schiavone
>and Jim Crockett.

>-Ric Flair singing "I got the whole world, in my hands"
>
>-Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant

yes

>-Superstar Billy Graham yes
>
>-Pedro Morales yes
>
>-Bruno Sammartino yep, still have my picture I took with him

>-Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III

Yes

>-The Megapowers formation on Saturday Night's Main Event

Yes

>-Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign

Yes

>-British Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation

Yes
>-The Heenan Family
Yes

>-Handsome Harley Race
Yes

>-The UWF
>
>-World Class Championship Wrestling

Yes

>-The AWA
Yes

>-The NWA
Yes

>-Georgia Championship Wrestling
Yes

>-Chapionship Wrestling from Florida
Yes

>-The Crockett Cup Memorial Tag Team Tournament
>
>-Rick Martel

Yes

>-Nick Bockwinkel have my picture with him in my scrapbook
>
>-Barry O YES.....one of my personal favorites... I love the Ortons though, all
of them from Bob Sr., all the way down to Randy...........it's an odd obsession
I've had since I was 13

I miss the old stuff and I'm bored silly with the new stuff (though I don't
seem to be as anti-hardy as some old schoolers) but you can only watch tapes
and talk about the good ole days for so long. That being said you can also
only take so much of the junk that the WWF put's on now. I probably watch
about 30 minutes of wrestling a week now but only because my husband and kids
have it on. I've totally lost interest. I hope eventually something that
resembles wrestling comes back again.

Satyr

Apr 24, 2002, 10:18:33 PM4/24/02
Through the modem and over the wires petep...@aol.com (PetePanaro)
better read this reply before it expires :

>I'm getting tired of the WWF post-Attitude fans that have taken over wrestling
>and RSPW. All this talk of Jeff Hardy as a future superstar and Brock Lesnar
>as the next big thing, and Rock and HHH as all-time greats makes me laugh.
>
>You aren't a wrestling fan unless you've seen some of the wrestlers, events,
>and matches I'm about to list below. This ain't no workrate sensitive list
>either. Just good, classic wrestling. Let me know how many of these you've
>seen. If you haven't seen any, stop watching Raw, and go buy some old tapes.
>Watch them, and then come back and we can talk.
>
>PS-I only list stuff that I've seen, so I dont look hypocritical:
>
>-Jimmy Garvin

80's AWA feuding with Baron Von Rashke and AWA champ, Rick
Martell.

>-Ric Flair and the Precious mannequin

Never saw the Precious mannequin

>-Kevin and Kerry Von Erich

Seen a little bit of Kevin, but mostly Kerry.

>-Magnum TA

Not as much as I would have liked to.

>-War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour

Yes.

>-Magnum TA

See above.

>-Iron Mike Sharpe

Many times, but motly as a WWF jobber.

>-The Fantastics

Haven't seen very many of their matches.

>-The Sheepherders

Saw them back in the 70's long before their WWF Bushwacker days.
Awesome.

>-The Fantastics vs. The Sheepherders in the barbed wire cage

Haven't seen these matches, just heard about them.

>-The Fabulous Ones

Saw them many times when they feuded with the Road Warriors in
the AWA.

>-The Midnight Express

Live, no, on tape, yes.

>-The Rock n'Roll Express

Same as above.

>-The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose and Doug Somers for the AWA tag team
>titles

Yes.

>-Big John Studd

Teamed with Jerry Blackwell in the AWA before his move to the WWF.

>-Wrestlers fighting on Saturday Night in the TBS studios and then going over to
>be interviewed on the interview stage right after their match by Tony Schiavone
>and Jim Crockett.

Seen some of this, but I lived in AWA territory, so mostly from
videos

>-Ric Flair singing "I got the whole world, in my hands"

Never seen this.

>-Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant

The Valiants in the AWA (must have been the early 70's?) before
Jimmy grew the beard and went as a single.

>-Superstar Billy Graham

Many many many times. Feuded with the late Wahoo McDaniel in the
AWA and later teamed with Dusty Rhodes for a very short time. His last
stint in this area was as a heel managed by Heenan feuding with a face
Blackjack Lanza who had a falling out wih Bobby. Superstar would
always instruct the cameraman to zoom in on his bicep as the interview
ended.

>-Pedro Morales

Was in the AWA or a time. Popular, but midcard in this area.
Feuded wih Angelo King Kong Mosca if I remember correctly.

>-Bruno Sammartino

Only on video.

>-Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III

Of course.

>-The Megapowers formation on Saturday Night's Main Event

Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man, Savage ko's an interfering Jimmy Hart,
Hart Foundation take an unconscious Jimmy Hart back to the dressing
room, Harts return to second HTM then interfere, Elizabeth runs in to
prevent HTM from hitting Savage with his guitar, HTM shoves her down,
Elizabeth runs to the dressing room gets Hogan, Hogan and Savage clear
house, Savage extends hand, Hogan reluctantly at first shakes it after
looking to the crowd for approval. Hogan raises Savage and Elizabeth's
hands and the rest is history.

>-Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign

Yes, beat Steamboat on Superstars.

>-British Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation

Yes, but prior to that, Bret Hart and Barry O losing to the BB's
on an episode of Maple Leaf Wrestling before Hart teamed with
Neidhart.

>-The Heenan Family

The AWA and WWF versions.

>-Handsome Harley Race

Saw him when he teamed with Larry Hennig in the AWA prior to his
NWA days. Made a short return to the AWA before he went to the WWF.

>-The UWF

Yes, small bit of the northern version, quite a bit of the
southern version.

>-World Class Championship Wrestling

A lot of it on tape only. Von Erichs, Abdullah, Brody, Parsons,
OMG, Rude etc.

>-The AWA

From near it's birth to it's death;

>-The NWA

A lot, but not as much as I'd have liked to.

>-Georgia Championship Wrestling

Quite a bit, but I've missed quite a bit, also through video.

>-Chapionship Wrestling from Florida

Unfortunately, no.

>-The Crockett Cup Memorial Tag Team Tournament

Same as above.

>-Rick Martel

Many many times.

>-Nick Bockwinkel

Saw he and Stevens defeat Crusher and Billy Robinson for the AWA
tag belts in person and many many title defenses.

>-Barry O

Yes, but only as a jobber.

The wheel's spinning, but the hamster's dead.

Visit:

The Unofficial Bruiser Brody Memorial Page
http://www.geocities.com/bbrody_ca

Dave MansonOzz

Apr 24, 2002, 10:50:29 PM4/24/02

>-Jimmy Garvin YES

>-Ric Flair and the Precious mannequin

>NO

>-Kevin and Kerry Von Erich

>YES
>-Magnum TA
>YES

>-War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour

NO

>-Magnum TA
>YES, AGAIN
>-Iron Mike Sharpe
>"ARRGGHHH, ARRRGH!!" YES
>-The Fantastics
>YES
>-The Sheepherders
>YES

>-The Fantastics vs. The Sheepherders in the barbed wire cage

> NO
>-The Fabulous Ones
>YES
>-The Midnight Express
>YES

>-The Rock n'Roll Express

>YES

>-The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose and Doug Somers for the AWA tag team

>titlesNO
>
>-Big John Studd
>YES

>-Wrestlers fighting on Saturday Night in the TBS studios and then going over
>be interviewed on the interview stage right after their match by Tony
>Schiavone
>and Jim Crockett.

>NO

>-Ric Flair singing "I got the whole world, in my hands"

>NO

>-Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant

>YES
>-Superstar Billy Graham
>YES
>-Pedro Morales
>YES
>-Bruno Sammartino
>YES

>-Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III

>YES

>-The Megapowers formation on Saturday Night's Main Event

>YES

>-Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign

>YES

>-British Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation

>YES
>-The Heenan Family
>YES (this was an awesome stable..just because of Heenan!)
>-Handsome Harley Race
YES
>-The UWF
>YES
>-World Class Championship Wrestling
>YES
>-The AWA
>YES
>-The NWA
>YES
>-Georgia Championship Wrestling
>NO
>-Chapionship Wrestling from Florida
>NO

>-The Crockett Cup Memorial Tag Team Tournament

>NO
>-Rick Martel
>YES
>-Nick Bockwinkel
>YES
>-Barry O
NO

PresidentRicFlair

Apr 24, 2002, 10:59:26 PM4/24/02
> >Glad to see you aren't an elitist ass.
> >
> >I could list all the different Japanese promotions I've watched and
> >wrestlers I've seen there, and say that you not having watched any of
> >that could not be a real wrestling fan.
> >

> Why would an American fan of AMerican pro-wrestling give a shit about
Japanese
> Wrestling? Yeesh, we don't give a shit about European wrestling or Lucha
> either.

And why would a new-age American fan care about golden-age American
wrestling?

--
PresidentRicFlair

-WHOOOOO!

David Melbourne

Apr 24, 2002, 11:03:44 PM4/24/02

"PetePanaro" <petep...@aol.com> wrote in message

A female friend of mine use to date him

> -Superstar Billy Graham

Hogan modeled himself after this man

> -Pedro Morales
>
> -Bruno Sammartino
>
> -Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III
>
> -The Megapowers formation on Saturday Night's Main Event
>
> -Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign

the greatest intercontinential champion of all times

i seem to recall at one time i believe it was a summer slam But DDP drove a
pink caddy with Honky and his Girlfriend inside

> -British Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation
>
> -The Heenan Family
>
> -Handsome Harley Race
>
> -The UWF
>
> -World Class Championship Wrestling
>
> -The AWA
>
> -The NWA
>
> -Georgia Championship Wrestling
>
> -Chapionship Wrestling from Florida
>
> -The Crockett Cup Memorial Tag Team Tournament
>
> -Rick Martel
>
> -Nick Bockwinkel
>
> -Barry O
>
> -

great List

also add

Dick the brusiser
the MAd Dogs
Killer kawlski
Buddy Rodgers
leaping Larry shane
Brusier Brody

Big Deeksie Cooler

Apr 24, 2002, 11:24:45 PM4/24/02
-Jimmy Garvin

Never really liked him.

-Kevin and Kerry Von Erich

When I watched WCCW, I would always cheer for the Freebirds instead.

-Magnum TA

Would have been one of the biggest stars ever if it wasn't for his crash.

-War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour

The first War Games match was so amazing.

-The Fantastics

Great matches with the Midnights in the NWA, and did good in the UWF as well.

-The Sheepherders

Hardcore wrestlers until Vince turned them into a joke. Of course, a nice pay
check and not having to bleed or get thrown into barbed wire sounds good.

-The Fabulous Ones

Stan Lane mark for life.

-The Midnight Express

See the above comment. I liked the Lane / Eaton version better.

-The Rock n'Roll Express

If only everyone could sell like Ricky Morton.

-Big John Studd

Sucked.

-Wrestlers fighting on Saturday Night in the TBS studios and then going over to
be interviewed on the interview stage right after their match by Tony Schiavone
and Jim Crockett.

RIP wrestling on da muthaship

-Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant

Never liked him. I never bought into my grandpa trying to wrestle, dance, and
act cool.

-Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III

Good, but never up there with Savage / Flair.

-The UWF

If you're talking about Watts' UWF, my favorite fed of all time, and one of the
GREATEST feds of all time.

-World Class Championship Wrestling

Used to get home from school and watch it during the afternoons. Freebird &
Missing Link mark.

-The AWA

Never watched.

-The NWA

What wrestling SHOULD be.

-The Crockett Cup Memorial Tag Team Tournament

Never really enjoyed these shows that much.

-=-Big Deeksie Cooler-=-
#54 in Lvubun's 2nd Top 973 RSPW Posters
#44 in Lvubun's 1st Top 973 RSPW Posters

Tehawk

Apr 25, 2002, 12:07:14 AM4/25/02
On 25 Apr 2002 00:56:04 GMT, one of the millions and millions of the
Hawk's fans, the person known only as petep...@aol.com (PetePanaro)
mumbled some gaga:

>I'm getting tired of the WWF post-Attitude fans that have taken over wrestling
>and RSPW. All this talk of Jeff Hardy as a future superstar and Brock Lesnar
>as the next big thing, and Rock and HHH as all-time greats makes me laugh.
>
>You aren't a wrestling fan unless you've seen some of the wrestlers, events,
>and matches I'm about to list below. This ain't no workrate sensitive list
>either. Just good, classic wrestling. Let me know how many of these you've
>seen. If you haven't seen any, stop watching Raw, and go buy some old tapes.
>Watch them, and then come back and we can talk.
>
>PS-I only list stuff that I've seen, so I dont look hypocritical:
>
>-Jimmy Garvin

With and without Micheal Hayes

>-Ric Flair and the Precious mannequin
>
>-Kevin and Kerry Von Erich
>
>-Magnum TA
>
>-War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour

The first, yes

>-Magnum TA

You mentioned him already.

>-Iron Mike Sharpe

You're kidding? He was never anything more than a JITTS

>-The Fantastics
>
>-The Sheepherders

Pre WWF Bushwackers.

>-The Fantastics vs. The Sheepherders in the barbed wire cage
>
>-The Fabulous Ones
>
>-The Midnight Express

Especially the feud between the old and new team.

>-The Rock n'Roll Express

Yes

>-The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose and Doug Somers for the AWA tag team
>titles

Saw it back when AWA wrestling was being broadcast in NYC, also have
it on tape.
Scott Hall got busted open and the title changed hands on a count out.

>-Big John Studd

Many times.

>-Wrestlers fighting on Saturday Night in the TBS studios and then going over to
>be interviewed on the interview stage right after their match by Tony Schiavone
>and Jim Crockett.
>
>-Ric Flair singing "I got the whole world, in my hands"
>
>-Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant

Also saw him in his pre boogie Woogie days, looked healthier back
then.

>-Superstar Billy Graham

Yes, just before I stopped watching wrestling for a few years.

>-Pedro Morales

As WWF champ, yes

>-Bruno Sammartino

As WWF champ also.

>-Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III

Yes

>-The Megapowers formation on Saturday Night's Main Event

Their formation and their later breakup.

>-Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign

Unfortunately

>-British Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation

Yes

>-The Heenan Family

Yes

>-Handsome Harley Race

Who later became the King Harley Race.

>-The UWF

ONly when it merged with the NWA.

>-World Class Championship Wrestling

Yes

>-The AWA

Yes

>-The NWA

Yes

>-Georgia Championship Wrestling
>
>-Chapionship Wrestling from Florida

You must have been watching U68 back in the days when it was a music
video station. At the time they broadcast wrestling everyday at 7PM
from various promotions.

>-The Crockett Cup Memorial Tag Team Tournament
>
>-Rick Martel

Yes

>-Nick Bockwinkel

Yes.

>-Barry O

Cowboy Bob Orton's little brother who was a JITTS.

Tehawk ©2002
The Game
ICQ #4610826

http://www.tehawk.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~tehawk

Check Out My Pictures Of The Towers of Light
http://home.earthlink.net/~tehawk/wtc06.html

David E. Powell

Apr 25, 2002, 12:14:17 AM4/25/02
"PetePanaro" <petep...@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting tired of the WWF post-Attitude fans that have taken over
wrestling
> and RSPW. All this talk of Jeff Hardy as a future superstar and Brock
Lesnar
> as the next big thing, and Rock and HHH as all-time greats makes me laugh.
>
> You aren't a wrestling fan unless you've seen some of the wrestlers,
events,
> and matches I'm about to list below. This ain't no workrate sensitive
list
> either. Just good, classic wrestling. Let me know how many of these
you've
> seen. If you haven't seen any, stop watching Raw, and go buy some old
tapes.
> Watch them, and then come back and we can talk.
>
> PS-I only list stuff that I've seen, so I dont look hypocritical:
>
> -Jimmy Garvin
>
> -Ric Flair and the Precious mannequin

I remember this vaguely....

> -Kevin and Kerry Von Erich

I remember seeing them as a team. Some federation in a bar in Texas? Did
they ever do WWF or just otehr promotions?

> -Magnum TA

Not sure....

> -War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour

Remember when they did it, didn't see it.

> -Magnum TA

See first answer. Not sure. (Saw the promo to Dusty in ECW about it,
though.)

> -Iron Mike Sharpe

Pretty sure I remember him jobbing in the WWF, with a flock of other jobbers
they used on their one hour shows in the 80s and (very) early 90s.

> -The Fantastics

???? Not sure.

> -The Sheepherders

Vaguely remember seeing them in something.

> -The Fantastics vs. The Sheepherders in the barbed wire cage

Nope.

> -The Fabulous Ones

Rougeaux bros.?

> -The Midnight Express

Hell yeah.

> -The Rock n'Roll Express

F yeah.

> -The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose and Doug Somers for the AWA tag team
> titles

Nope.

> -Big John Studd

Yes, and seeing him acting on TV roles outside of the ring.

> -Wrestlers fighting on Saturday Night in the TBS studios and then going
over to
> be interviewed on the interview stage right after their match by Tony
Schiavone
> and Jim Crockett.

Nope.

> -Ric Flair singing "I got the whole world, in my hands"

Maybe, probably not.

> -Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant

Nope.

> -Superstar Billy Graham

Yes. My dad REALLY remembers him, was out jogging once and Superstar Billy
Graham went jogging down the other side of the street. My dad's quote to
this day: "He looked like he was wearing (football) pads.. and he wasn't
wearing pads."

> -Pedro Morales

No idea, might have seen him but don't remember.

> -Bruno Sammartino

THE LIVING LEGEND!!!! Also had the MAD Parody Magazine with Wrestlers in
movie roles where he was the Godfather.

> -Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III

Oh.. yes..

> -The Megapowers formation on Saturday Night's Main Event

=) =) =) =) !!!!!

> -Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign

Yes, I thought it strange then, even as a mark kid.

> -British Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation

YES!!!!!! Not a bad feud at all, and that dog being involved.. heck, I can't
believe how nasty they were to that dog, in the stories that Piper let slip
years later....

> -The Heenan Family

Pretty sure I remember that one.

> -Handsome Harley Race

Maybe, him and Dusty busting each other up?

> -The UWF

Heard of it, maybe saw one show or part of one show. Predated the Russo
"shork" ("Shoot/work") by some years, had some decent ring action, a lot of
blood. Low budget and time slots killed it as much as it coming out in a
time of a wrestling slump, and casual fans maybe not being ready for the
shootish gimmick.

> -World Class Championship Wrestling

DEVASTATING! Yes.

> -The AWA

I belive so, but not seeign it on TV, hearing of it.

> -The NWA

Oh yes. When Flair had several kinds of "Whooooooo," when Dusty was getting
crushed in the parking lot, early Sting, yeah, I remember. Did they do the
Disney tapings or was that when they were WCW?

> -Georgia Championship Wrestling

No.

> -Chapionship Wrestling from Florida

No.

> -The Crockett Cup Memorial Tag Team Tournament

No.

> -Rick Martel

Ahhh, the smell of arrogance.. and before, yes.

> -Nick Bockwinkel

No idea.

> -Barry O

Maybe.

> -

DEP

Evil Sideshow Bob [mWo]

Apr 24, 2002, 11:59:01 PM4/24/02
These are the only ones I either can't remember in the case of the
first two, or haven't seen in the case of the latter two for regional
reasons (didn't show much Georgia or Florida wrestling up here in
Canada <G>)

>-Ric Flair and the Precious mannequin

>-Ric Flair singing "I got the whole world, in my hands"

>-Georgia Championship Wrestling
>-Chapionship Wrestling from Florida

EVIL SIDESHOW BOB
mWo 4 life

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
democracy just doesn't work!"
- Kent Brockman, "The Simpsons"

CrossfaceWalls

Apr 25, 2002, 12:41:13 AM4/25/02
>-Jimmy Garvin

I never liked him. Just never impressed me.

>-Ric Flair and the Precious mannequin

This must have been before I got cable. We didn't see NWA in the New England
till about 85.

>-Kevin and Kerry Von Erich

Kerry was pretty good. Kevin was average. Used to watch WCCW every Saturday at
11PM on Ch 25 in Boston

>-Magnum TA

He had the car accident by the time we got cable. What i've seen i didn't like.

>-War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour

JJ Dillon won every coin flip.

>-Iron Mike Sharpe

Iron Mike, Canada's greatest athlete even though he hailed from Brockton, Mass.
I like Silent Brian Macnee better.

>-The Fantastics

A poor mans Fabulous Ones

>-The Sheepherders

From the most violent tag team in wrestling history to the most loveable. Only
Vince could do this.....

>-The Fabulous Ones

A poor man's Midnight Express

>-The Midnight Express

I would have marked for a Bulldogs/Express match more than anything ever.

>-The Rock n'Roll Express

I just never got into them

>-The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose and Doug Somers for the AWA tag team
>titles

I think AWA was off tv in my area at this time but I do remember Scott Hall and
Curt Hennig fighting Somers and Rose

>-Big John Studd

Got huge heat for cutting Andre's hair. He was pretty good.

>-Wrestlers fighting on Saturday Night in the TBS studios and then going over
>be interviewed on the interview stage right after their match by Tony
>Schiavone
>and Jim Crockett.

Yes, this was great old school shit. I'm glad SMW and USWA implimented it and
so does OVW.

>-Ric Flair singing "I got the whole world, in my hands"

Vaguely. I definitly remember Flair for the Gold.

>-Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant

He had an awesome fued with Pez Whatley.

>-Superstar Billy Graham

He was lame by the time I was old enough to watch. I remember him in the desert
with Craig Degorge after Butch Reed beat him up.

>-Pedro Morales

Gorilla called him "Mr Everything of the WWF"

>-Bruno Sammartino

I remember his fued with savage, and leaving WWF as an announcer after calling
revealing Rick Hunter was the Gladiator.

>-Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III

Awesome match. Not the level of Hart/ Austin at WM13, but still good.

>-The Megapowers formation on Saturday Night's Main Event

Better was the breakup on Friday Night Big Event when Hogan helped Liz to the
back and Savage beat him up in the medical room.

>-Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign

Sucked. Steamboat makes the big title run and beats Savage so this lazy ass
could win it a month later? He sucked.

>-British Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation

I cried when Danny Davis screwed the Bulldogs out of the belts.

>-The Heenan Family

The best Heenan moment was when he whipped Ken Patera with a belt during their
debate.

>-Handsome Harley Race

Was too old and fat at this point.

>-The UWF

Seen tapes. It was good stuff.

>-World Class Championship Wrestling

Duhn da da da duhn da da da duhn da da da duhn da da DUHN DUHN DUHN DUHN
DUHNNNNN!!!!!!

>-The AWA

We used to get it on and off in our area. Then ESPN ran it and it sucked. The
timekeeper Mike George was the worst.....

>-The NWA

Didn't watch as much until they became WCW in the early 90's

>-Georgia Championship Wrestling

Didn't have cable then

>-Chapionship Wrestling from Florida

Same thing. Have seen tapes including BlackJack Mulligan faking a heart attack.

>Rick Martel

Never saw him on the same level as Flair or Hogan.

>-Nick Bockwinkel

Kind of fading away when we saw AWA. Never liked him.

>-Barry O

He used to team with Moondog Rex a lot.

************************************
"It's time to take care of Mr Rockerfeller." -Dean Malenko to Lita

Me want Molly

"You are very, very bad" -some RSPW'ers view of me.

Ranked #79 on the Luvbun list. I'm becoming a very deadly man.........

curious (WITH TAYLOR)

Apr 25, 2002, 12:51:24 AM4/25/02
"The Low Genius, JHD" wrote:

> > -War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour
>

> Is that the LOD Scaffold match one where cornette or someone broke their
> arm? I'm reasonably certain I've see tha tape, if nothing else.

'Twas Starrcade 86 you're thinking of, LOD vs Midnight Express (Eaton and
Condrey version). Corney got chased up the scaffold and climbed off of it to
escape the LOD. He was hanging from the bottom and fell down to the ring,
blowing out his knee in the process on the landing.

curious (WITH TAYLOR)

Apr 25, 2002, 12:52:51 AM4/25/02
"The Low Genius, JHD" wrote:

> Kerry was NWA World Heavyweight Champ *d. Ric Flair and WWF IC shamp
> (forgot who he beat for that).

He beat Hennig at the show where DEMOLITION LOST THE BELTS, Summerslam 90.

Satyr

Apr 25, 2002, 1:39:04 AM4/25/02
Through the modem and over the wires "The Low Genius, JHD"
<john...@lowgenius.com> better read this reply before it expires :

>Well ya know somethin' Chad Bryant...
>
>> And that's why you're sitting there with a bad leg, and that's why I
>> kicked your leg outta your leg, "The Low Genius, JHD"!

>>> Kerry was NWA World Heavyweight Champ *d. Ric Flair and WWF IC shamp
>>> (forgot who he beat for that).
>>

>> Curt Hennig. KVE got the nod for the IC run after Brutus Beefcake almost
>> lost his face in that parasailing accident,
>>
>>> The IC run came after he lost a foot
>>> in a motocycle accident, an injury that was kayfabed, even from most
>>> of the boys and people inside, until after his death.
>>
>> Except for that time he lost his foot doing a match..
>>

>I guess I never heard about that. In the eulogy in Wrestler magazine, they
>were still claiming that the foot was "badly damaged."

It was. It just wasn't attached to him at the time.

>John Henry
>http://www.lowgenius.com
>http://www.mp3.com/actors
>Beer - helping white people dance since 1837.

CAPTAIN CALZONE

Apr 25, 2002, 1:32:27 AM4/25/02
Hey Chad Bryant, yeah, you in the damn production truck! It's allready 25
Apr 2002, so hit my damn music so I can rock rec.sport.pro-wrestling:

>> The IC run came after he lost a foot
>> in a motocycle accident, an injury that was kayfabed, even from most
>> of the boys and people inside, until after his death.
>
> Except for that time he lost his foot doing a match..

ATTN BOB BARNET AND ASSC TAPE TRADERS!

I will pay good money for a tape of Kerry Von Erich's foot coming off.
that's right up there with the time Ronan Tynan was thrown from his horse
during a polo match and one of his prosthetic feet stayed in the sturrips.
When an official got the foot from the horse and asked Ronan what he should
do with it, Ronan's reply was along the lines of "you can give it back to me
so I can walk, thank you very much."

CC
Ronan Tynan is an opera singer

--
***********
Captain Calzone

Ray Pruit

Apr 25, 2002, 1:32:58 AM4/25/02
Hi folks, Ray Pruit, Team Pruit here.
Thank you, On Topic Guy. I've been trying to get RSPW to post about
wrestling, instead of their usual garbage posts. NWA rules. Let's hope
it has a rebirth as a national promotion.

TEAM PRUIT

RAY PRUIT - REIGNING WCW TV CHAMPION

"Hey Donna."--------- Ray Pruit

CAPTAIN CALZONE

Apr 25, 2002, 1:52:37 AM4/25/02
Hey Chad Bryant, yeah, you in the damn production truck! It's allready 25
Apr 2002, so hit my damn music so I can rock rec.sport.pro-wrestling:

> Jeff Lynch or John McAdam probably have it.

Any URL or contact info where I could reach them? This is really starting
to intregue me.

CC
and not just from sleep deprevation

NJROB65

Apr 25, 2002, 5:47:04 AM4/25/02
<< The f'n moondogs, how could I forget the moondogs. LMAO. What was it,
Rex, Spot, and King, right? Along with a few others earlier on, perhaps,
and wasn't there a "moondog manson" too?>>

There was a Lonnie "Moondog" Mayne who died in a car accident in the 70's.

D-Chance.

Apr 25, 2002, 7:16:09 AM4/25/02
"The Low Genius, JHD" wrote:
> > -War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour

> Is that the LOD Scaffold match one where cornette or someone broke their

> arm? I'm reasonably certain I've see tha tape, if nothing else.

The Night Of The Skywalkers!
Ah, the days when they gave each pay-per-view a unique identity...
similar to what the WWF later did with their IYH broadcasts.

> > -Iron Mike Sharpe
> Saw him. Not for a long time tho.

Comedy jobber in the WWWF his final days, but a pretty kick-ass
heel in his prime. Just before he left Mid-South, he did a six-alarm
blade job in a squash match for Kamala (? I think, Mid-South fans,
help!) at a house show in Houston. They showed the match on
television later, and when Kamala made his television debut the
following week, he was instantly over as a total monster. Good
Lord, what a bloody mess that one was!

> > -The Sheepherders
> Saw them, but only as the bushwhackers

They were hardcore before Pauly even knew what hardcore was...

> > -The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose and Doug Somers for the AWA tag
> > team titles

> Didn't see this one. Didn't get a lot of AWA in my area after about 1984.

The one bright spot for the AWA in those days. Rose/Somers were underrated
as a tag team. Also, if you can find some matches, check out the Midnight
Rockers vs Badd Company (Paul Diamond and Pat Tanaka with Dallas Diamond
Page as their manager/spokesman). Unbelieveably great matches!

D-Chance.

D-Chance.

Apr 25, 2002, 7:26:47 AM4/25/02
"David E. Powell" wrote:

> > -Kevin and Kerry Von Erich

> I remember seeing them as a team. Some federation in a bar in Texas?

Puh-leeze! The Sporatorium is legendary... plus the Will Rogers Coleseum
in Fort Worth and numerous National Guard Armories and football fields
throughout rural NE Texas (wrestling with the ring sitting on the 50-yard
line
of the local high school football stadium rocked!).

D-Chance.

J. Christian Grymyr

Apr 25, 2002, 10:53:32 AM4/25/02
If memory serves me correctly, PetePanaro wrote:

> You aren't a wrestling fan unless you've seen some of the wrestlers,
events,
> and matches I'm about to list below. This ain't no workrate sensitive
list
> either. Just good, classic wrestling. Let me know how many of these
you've
> seen. If you haven't seen any, stop watching Raw, and go buy some old
tapes.
> Watch them, and then come back and we can talk.

I won't take the elitist route, but I will say this: If you're a younger, true
wrestling fan, find this stuff you haven't seen.

> -Jimmy Garvin

Attacking Rick Martel when he debuted in the AWA.

> -Ric Flair and the Precious mannequin

A perfect match!

> -Kevin and Kerry Von Erich

The first World Class match I saw was from the 1985 David Von Erich Parade of
Champions. The Von Erichs & Freebirds vs. Chris Adams, Gino Hernandez, One Man
Gang, Kamala, Rip Oliver, and Steve Williams. Kevin won a car for scoring the
fifth and deciding fall, but then Adams and Hernandez trashed it. Classic heel
stuff.

> -Magnum TA

Won all his TV matches in 20 seconds.

> -War Games, 1987 Great American Bash tour

One of the greatest matches ever.

> -Iron Mike Sharpe

And his arm brace.

> -The Fantastics
>
> -The Sheepherders
>
> -The Fantastics vs. The Sheepherders in the barbed wire cage

Remember the first two, never saw the third. I know they had a classic feud,
though.

> -The Fabulous Ones

And the "Sharp Dressed Man" video.

> -The Midnight Express

> -The Rock n'Roll Express

And the classic feud these teams had.

> -The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose and Doug Somers for the AWA tag team
> titles

Remember it? I saw most of it in person. I was just a few feet away when Rose
dropped Marty Jannetty stomach-first on the back of a chair.

> -Big John Studd

Yup.

> -Wrestlers fighting on Saturday Night in the TBS studios and then going
over to
> be interviewed on the interview stage right after their match by Tony
Schiavone
> and Jim Crockett.

David Crockett, actually.

> -Ric Flair singing "I got the whole world, in my hands"

The only one here I don't recall.

> -Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant

Kissing the referee after his TV wins.

> -Superstar Billy Graham

> -Pedro Morales
>
> -Bruno Sammartino

Only in their later years. I've seen them on video, though.

> -Savage vs. Steamboat, Wrestlemania III

Dammit, my tape broke!

> -The Megapowers formation on Saturday Night's Main Event

The beginning of a storyline that carried through to WM5 and beyond. Great
booking.

> -Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign

Got my name in PWI for voting him Biggest Dork of the PWI Years.

> -British Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation

Another classic feud.

> -The Heenan Family

One of the greatest managers ever.

> -Handsome Harley Race

Yup.

> -The UWF

Yup again.

> -World Class Championship Wrestling

For the third time, yup.

> -The AWA

My first exposure to wrestling, up in Minneapolis in 1979.

> -The NWA

Again with the yup!

> -Georgia Championship Wrestling

I didn't really start watching other feds until after its demise.

> -Chapionship Wrestling from Florida

Never watched it, but read about it in the Apter mags.

> -The Crockett Cup Memorial Tag Team Tournament

Wish they still had it or something like it.

> -Rick Martel

One of the first wrestlers I saw in person.

> -Nick Bockwinkel

Still a great wrestler well into his 50s.

> -Barry O

As a WWF jobber.

Reaper "Also rates Bruiser Brody on the all-time classics list" G

wrestleantares

Apr 25, 2002, 12:06:09 PM4/25/02

PresidentRicFlair <to...@fatchicksinpartyhats.com> wrote in message

That's the point On Topic Guy was making. Why does that ass get to decide
who is a wrestling fan and who is not.