What the hell?

John Molea

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

Ok either a) we have been worked like never before b) vince doesnt trust
bret at all. Out of ALL the outcomes having Bret submit (when he obviously
DIDNT) to Michaels from the sharpshooter, that would probably rank up
there with Hulk Hogan doing a run in beating both and taking the belt.
Unless they are playing up Hart's leaving so much to make it look like an
angle or they came to an agreement...either way its pretty damn
interesting.

Tommy Z

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

It an angle. I see Bret on Raw tommorow, complaining on how he was
screwed and bashing the WWF. The WWF mention it the rumors. I think it
is all an angle. Bret will probably bash Mcmahon. I see Bret becoming a
lonewolf in the WWF. The WWF Sured fooled the Online Wrestling World.
Most of them must feel like complete fools. I mean the legitimate news
sources who said Bret was WCW all the way.

Tommy Z

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

Ripclawe wrote:

> >From: Tommy Z <fuck...@spamsucks.com>
>
> >It an angle. I see Bret on Raw tommorow, complaining on how he was
> >screwed and bashing the WWF. The WWF mention it the rumors. I think it
> >is all an angle. Bret will probably bash Mcmahon. I see Bret becoming a
> >lonewolf in the WWF. The WWF Sured fooled the Online Wrestling World.
> >Most of them must feel like complete fools. I mean the legitimate news
> >sources who said Bret was WCW all the way.
>
> you are joking right? I think this is a great angle to explain how Bret Hart
> is leaving the WWF. Bret feels he got screwed because he opted his contract
> and is leaving and Vince screwed him over with telling the ref to say that
> Bret Hart submitted when he clearly didn't. It save Bret from having to
> really job to Shawn and Shawn have to job to Bret.

It may happen. I am so shock edat this point, I dont know what to say or
do. One Part Of My Mind says it is work/ratings scam. The other part
tells me it real. Its kinda hard to say. If it is real and Mcmahon did
screw Hart than I have lost my respect for the man. He screwed his only
real icon and IMO,Is digging the grave for his own promotion.

John Molea

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

Ripclawe (ripc...@aol.com) wrote:
: you are joking right? I think this is a great angle to explain how Bret Hart

: is leaving the WWF. Bret feels he got screwed because he opted his contract
: and is leaving and Vince screwed him over with telling the ref to say that
: Bret Hart submitted when he clearly didn't. It save Bret from having to
: really job to Shawn and Shawn have to job to Bret.

Question is why though? If Hart jumps now you got a Bret Hart who can
claim he never lost and was cheated out of his belt. Granted that saves
face for him but how does that look for the WWF? That they "shit" on a
legend and made him leave? Hell Eric could play with that forever.
Secondly, look at the faces of both Hart and Michaels when the bell rung,
they had no idea...hell Hart was pulling out his reversal. Im not saying
you arent right but man what a frigging acting job on all ends...because
it iddnt look like ANYONE expected that...Hart, Shawn or fans.

John

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

RedDaug wrote:

> Anything that happens tomorrow won't surprise me. Where ever Bret Hart may be,
> it won't surprise me because, for the only reason, every possible aspect of
> the situation, has already been revealed here....on the internet. Now its just
> a betting game to see who predicts the correct outcome. Personally, I think
> the outcome of Hart/Michaels was an indication of the situation. I have no
> proof. But thats my opinion. Whats yours???
> MIB 4 Life

I think you're right. You can bet one way or the other and hope you
gain "bragging rights" but the bottom line is no one here knows for sure
whether this was a work or an angle or what really happened. But we do
have every theory and one must be right. Unfortunatly, we won't know
until Monday. Until then, we'll just get posts of "its a work!" or
"bret was screwed." After monday these posts will be changed into "I
told you so!" and "You fell for it!" Personally I have no idea whether
it's a work or for real and going to keep my mouth shut.

Blanton

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

I think the reason they ended quick was because McMahon spent waaaaay
too much time with post and pre-match interviews with Road Dog and BA,
and the match they had. They had to cut something, somewhere. And, I
stand behind McMahon's decision. Who cares about whinning bert hart and
that little "Road Dog" wanna-be Shawn "Scrawn" Michaels?

To paraphrase Patrick Henry(?), "Give me Road Dog.. or give me death!"

McMahon knows what he is doing. Sure, NOW you might be crying over the
"ruined" so-called main event. History will show that the REAL main
event was the match with Road Dog in it, where he and BA were the sole
survivors (yes, both of them were sole survivors.. cool, eh?). McMahon
is looking ahead to the future. He knows what the fans want, and he is
giving it to them.

Blanton

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

Christopher Bird wrote:

> John Molea (ur...@panix.com) wrote:
>
> > they had no idea...hell Hart was pulling out his reversal. Im not saying
> > you arent right but man what a frigging acting job on all ends...because
> > it iddnt look like ANYONE expected that...Hart, Shawn or fans.
>
> Both Hart and Shawn are really terrific actors, and Vince isn't far behind.
>
> --chdb

This is true. I once recall a wrestler.. I think Steve Austin hitting
Vince with his finisher. I found out later it was a work, but at the
time I was really frightened for Vince's health and well being.

The look on Vince's face was one of pure pain, and I still have my
doubts as to whether it was worked or not. If it was a work.. this guy
is one HELL of an actor.

Prowler

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

Kerry Sanders wrote:

> personally, but... I got my money's worth with that a$$ kicking that HBK took
> from Bret before the match ever officially started. :-)

It was great to watch, however, it's a real rip for the fans in the arena. It's
kind of tough to see that kind of action when you're in the arena.

--------------------
Prowler
pro...@ma.ultranet.com
http://www.ultranet.com/~prowler

Prowler

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

John Molea wrote:

> Ripclawe (ripc...@aol.com) wrote:
> : you are joking right? I think this is a great angle to explain how Bret Hart
> : is leaving the WWF. Bret feels he got screwed because he opted his contract
> : and is leaving and Vince screwed him over with telling the ref to say that
> : Bret Hart submitted when he clearly didn't. It save Bret from having to
> : really job to Shawn and Shawn have to job to Bret.
>
> Question is why though? If Hart jumps now you got a Bret Hart who can
> claim he never lost and was cheated out of his belt. Granted that saves
> face for him but how does that look for the WWF? That they "shit" on a
> legend and made him leave? Hell Eric could play with that forever.
> Secondly, look at the faces of both Hart and Michaels when the bell rung,

> they had no idea...hell Hart was pulling out his reversal. Im not saying
> you arent right but man what a frigging acting job on all ends...because
> it iddnt look like ANYONE expected that...Hart, Shawn or fans.

It also didn't have the normal build-up for the end of a match. It came from
literally nowhere.

Marvin Jones

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

On 10 Nov 1997 03:49:48 GMT, Powrhug <pow...@sky.net> wrote:

>ur...@panix.com (John Molea) wrote:
>>Ok either a) we have been worked like never before b) vince doesnt trust
>>bret at all. Out of ALL the outcomes having Bret submit (when he obviously
>>DIDNT) to Michaels from the sharpshooter, that would probably rank up
>>there with Hulk Hogan doing a run in beating both and taking the belt.
>>Unless they are playing up Hart's leaving so much to make it look like an
>>angle or they came to an agreement...either way its pretty damn
>>interesting.
>

>I agree-it brings up some interesting questions. Actually I
>think that the truth lies in the fact that they need a plausible
>reason for Bret to leave. Making him seem pissed off at McMahon
>for a screw job ending would probably do the trick. (Nice touch
>having HBK look surprised too-gotta hand it to them)

Shown did more than "look surprised". He was clearly startled and
angry, and then he was grabbed by several officials and hustled off so
fast he almost didn't even get his hands on the belt, which someone
grabbed and shoved at him. It was the weirdest ending I've EVER seen
for a main event!

Ripclawe

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

>From: Tommy Z <fuck...@spamsucks.com>

>It an angle. I see Bret on Raw tommorow, complaining on how he was
>screwed and bashing the WWF. The WWF mention it the rumors. I think it
>is all an angle. Bret will probably bash Mcmahon. I see Bret becoming a
>lonewolf in the WWF. The WWF Sured fooled the Online Wrestling World.
>Most of them must feel like complete fools. I mean the legitimate news
>sources who said Bret was WCW all the way.

you are joking right? I think this is a great angle to explain how Bret Hart

is leaving the WWF. Bret feels he got screwed because he opted his contract
and is leaving and Vince screwed him over with telling the ref to say that
Bret Hart submitted when he clearly didn't. It save Bret from having to
really job to Shawn and Shawn have to job to Bret.

Tired of RSPW spammers and WebTV idiots?
Telnet to whip.isca.uiowa.edu, the largest BBS in the world
when you get validated, jump to Forum 189 to post about Pro Wrestling

RedDaug

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

Christopher Bird

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

Blanton (*npb...@acs.tamu.edu) wrote:

> This is true. I once recall a wrestler.. I think Steve Austin hitting
> Vince with his finisher. I found out later it was a work, but at the
> time I was really frightened for Vince's health and well being.

> The look on Vince's face was one of pure pain, and I still have my
> doubts as to whether it was worked or not. If it was a work.. this guy
> is one HELL of an actor.

I am impressed with your use of sarcasm, truly, but I said Vince was a
terrifc *actor*, not a terrific *seller of wrestling moves*. I seriously
doubt Al Pacino knows how to take a Stunner properly.

Vince can express emotions pretty damned well for someone who's not a
professional actor.

--chdb

UnderCover Elephant

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

The one finger typer cb...@chat.carleton.ca (Christopher Bird)
tip-tapped the following epistle in rec.sport.pro-wrestling:

>John Molea (ur...@panix.com) wrote:
>
>> they had no idea...hell Hart was pulling out his reversal. Im not saying
>> you arent right but man what a frigging acting job on all ends...because
>> it iddnt look like ANYONE expected that...Hart, Shawn or fans.
>

>Both Hart and Shawn are really terrific actors, and Vince isn't far behind.

Spot on Chris, it was a terrific work.
Phil Lafon 1958-1997

RIP Phil, and thanks for some great memories

"I respect you, Doug Furnas"

Powrhug

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

ur...@panix.com (John Molea) wrote:
>Ok either a) we have been worked like never before b) vince doesnt trust
>bret at all. Out of ALL the outcomes having Bret submit (when he obviously
>DIDNT) to Michaels from the sharpshooter, that would probably rank up
>there with Hulk Hogan doing a run in beating both and taking the belt.
>Unless they are playing up Hart's leaving so much to make it look like an
>angle or they came to an agreement...either way its pretty damn
>interesting.

I agree-it brings up some interesting questions. Actually I
think that the truth lies in the fact that they need a plausible
reason for Bret to leave. Making him seem pissed off at McMahon
for a screw job ending would probably do the trick. (Nice touch
having HBK look surprised too-gotta hand it to them)

Later,
Kare

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/4839/powrhug.html
Powrful Thoughts-A Woman's View of Professional Wrestling

Christopher Bird

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

John Molea (ur...@panix.com) wrote:

> they had no idea...hell Hart was pulling out his reversal. Im not saying
> you arent right but man what a frigging acting job on all ends...because
> it iddnt look like ANYONE expected that...Hart, Shawn or fans.

Both Hart and Shawn are really terrific actors, and Vince isn't far behind.

--chdb

Morgan LaFay

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

Well not ever angle.
1) Earl was paid off and Rude will
revealed this on RAW an HBK will be strip
of the title.
2) Vince did call for the bell do to a death
threat against HBK. They lost the person
in the crowd, and fearing for the safety
of HBK ended the match. Farfetched yes!
But, in pro wrestling all things are possible. The more outrageous the
more
likely it is to be a work. But, then again???

Giving money to the Goverment is like
giving car keys and a bottle of whiskey
to teenage boys....P.J. O'Rourke

Morgan LaFay