WWF fans actually know the WWF sucks

5 views
Skip to first unread message

JoPap...@yahoo.com

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 3:58:21 AM1/31/01
to
Certain things seem inexplainable until you look further inbetween the
lines. This is certainly true of the double standards WWF fans have
when discussing WCW. Bob Ryder just wrote about his in Notes From Bob
if you would like more background on the subject. He couldn't find an
answer to explain this double standard; I, on the other hand, have
always known the answer.

Deep down inside WWF fans know that WCW should consistently deliver the
better product; they talk about how the WCW wastes talent, they know
WCW has more talent then the WWF. They say that the WCW title was
degraded because Arquette won the title but have no objections to
McMahon winning the title and royal rumble. This shows they are marks
for the WCW title and expect less from the WWF. They try to play it off
like it was because of the storyline but only morons watch wrestling
for the storylines and not the wrestling; morons or people insecure in
the fact that they watch wrestling and use the storylines as a way
feeble way of giving the shows a higher purpose which truly doesn't
exist.

If the WWF was really storyline driven as WWF fans and Vince Russo
would like everyone to believe, then why was the godfather over? He was
never involved in storylines worth noting. The answer is simple, hos.
Austin was over because he drank beer and would stick up his middle
finger; not because of interesting storylines. The Rock got over with
catchphrases short enough for the idiot WWF fans to remember. The WWF
was doing the same boring garbage with Russo that Russo did in the WWF.
The only difference being that it was unexceptable in the WCW because
the fans have such a higher standard for WCW. The WCW has at one point
delivered a perfect product and the fans come to expect it week in and
week out. The WWF has always delivered a lower standard or wrestling
and fans became loyal to it because they catered to the audiences most
obvious trait, stupidity.

WWF fans will always have a double standard because they will always
expect more from the WCW.


Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

artiste

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 5:09:57 AM1/31/01
to
WCW mark :P

spare us your feeble throughts

I dig them all, and they all suck

and they don't suck

so what is your point

that you suck !?

--
Don't bother re-moving SPAMTRAP to reply.

artiste ©
Moderating Usenet for the masses.

Triumph The Insult Comic Dog

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 5:08:28 AM1/31/01
to
"they know WCW has more talent then the WWF"

You can have all the wrestling talent in the world, but if you can't back it
up with
an entertaining character, noone will notice (see Benoit)
This ain't wrestling anymore... it's entertainment.

"no objections to McMahon winning the title and royal rumble"

McMahon Has the physique of a wrestler, bad ass mic skills, managed to
execute
some actual wrestling maneuvers and has been involved in wrestling all his
life.

Arquette has the physique of Pee-Wee Herman, The mic skills of my shoe, and
did a shitty wrestling movie.


<JoPap...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:958k3c$seg$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

STUART

unread,
Jan 30, 2001, 5:08:34 AM1/30/01
to
> McMahon Has the physique of a wrestler, bad ass mic skills, managed to
> execute some actual wrestling maneuvers and has been involved in wrestling
all his
> life.

Someone please enter this passage into the Bible of Stereotypes.


SToRm-A-MaNiA

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 5:23:29 AM1/31/01
to
I couldn't agree more! Nice post.

JoPap...@yahoo.com wrote in message <958k3c$seg$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

Triumph The Insult Comic Dog

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 8:04:59 AM1/31/01
to
So you'd rather watch scrawny, bad actors on your wrestling program than
verbally skilled, physically impressive 'stereotype' wrestlers?


"STUART" <stu...@NOSPAMf2s.com> wrote in message
news:3a77e5ac$0$16392$7f31...@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

s7ven

unread,
Jan 30, 2001, 8:26:44 PM1/30/01
to
Sorry Mcmahon Doesn't look Impressive either. McMahon is only a little
better than Arquette and is built more like Chris Rock than the Rock.

"Triumph The Insult Comic Dog" <tt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%3Ud6.33220$t3.57...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net...

Greg Stinson

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 9:00:10 AM1/31/01
to
There's one glaring difference between McMahon and Arquette I haven't read
about yet.

David Arquette was given the belt because he's a celebrity. Period. I
wasn't that upset about it because even the on-air product treated it as
laughable. It was a "fluke" that Arquette managed to grab the strap, and he
held it for less than a week. But there was no point in it....that I do
agree with.

With McMahon winning the Royal Rumble and the title, it was part of a huge
angle involving Steve Austin that spanned well over a year. That fact alone
lends credibility to McMahon's "title reign." And besides, didn't McMahon
give up both the title and his Rumble spot anyway?

So who cares? Is Arquette holding the title any worse than Hollywood Hogan
holding it without defending it for months on end? (remember when he went
to Canada to shoot that TNT flick, then returned only to enter a non-title
feud with Roddy Piper? Well, hell, at least he jobbed, right?)

"Triumph The Insult Comic Dog" <tri...@emrprod.com> wrote in message
news:wuRd6.32033$t3.56...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net...

Khanyon

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 10:14:23 AM1/31/01
to
>This ain't wrestling anymore... it's entertainment.

World WRESTLING Federation but I see that I need to catch on to the World
Sports Entertainment Federation name...by the way, would you would notice
Benoit, after doing vignettes where he's going all over the world in search of
a dentist? If you don't notice his wrestling ability (which I tend to look at
first...since this is WRESTLING), then you have a problem...bottomline

>"no objections to McMahon winning the title and royal rumble"
>
>McMahon Has the physique of a wrestler, bad ass mic skills, managed to
>execute
>some actual wrestling maneuvers and has been involved in wrestling all his
>life.
>
>Arquette has the physique of Pee-Wee Herman, The mic skills of my shoe, and
>did a shitty wrestling movie.
>

The same 'ol cop out

Whatcha think of my new sig?

The Ma-jin

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 11:58:31 AM1/31/01
to
You forgot a 3rd factor (even though it may fit into number two) - the
"cool/hip" Austin/Rock/HHH factor. Those 3 characters are soo "cool" and
markworthy for the average mark. They're not boring and slow and old and 80s
style. They have charisma, and an unmatched electricity to them. Until WCW can
find, keep and market such a person, they won't be more attractive to the
average mark.


Y>1) Production values
>- I'm sorry, but WWF programming just *looks* a million times better
>than the WCW shows, regardless of the content. The average mark is
>going to tune into mediocre wrestling that looks great over poorly
>lit, poorly videoed in-ring excellence. From the sets, the music, the
>video production, the announcers... the WWF wins in every department.
>
>2) Self Promotion
>- VKM is a huckster extraordinaire... he's the PT Barnum of our time.
>If you stop someone on the street who has never watched wrestling in
>their life, they will invariably say "Ewww, I hate that WWF stuff."
>In pop culture and in the media, WRESTLING = WWF. The two words are
>synonomous to the average person, and most non-wrestling fans are
>unaware of other promotions even existing.
>


<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>
"..it be the music that makes me sick/and acting like a paranoid scizophrenic/
I leave your mind in a state of panic/like a claustrophobic stuck on the
titanic." (Beretta 9 "Bastard Swordsman")

Unknown

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 12:12:50 PM1/31/01
to
<Egads! The Ma-jin just spewed this:>

>
>You forgot a 3rd factor (even though it may fit into number two) - the
>"cool/hip" Austin/Rock/HHH factor. Those 3 characters are soo "cool" and
>markworthy for the average mark. They're not boring and slow and old and 80s
>style. They have charisma, and an unmatched electricity to them. Until WCW
>can find, keep and market such a person, they won't be more attractive to the
>average mark.

They did have said person, his name is Bill Goldberg. Too bad WCW tried to
make him heel. The rest, as they say, is history.

-RSPW's #1 Amber mark

--
Genjurou the Nintendo Loyalist, Faye Wong Fanatic
Mitsubishi Dreamer, Bruins Die Hard and Pepsi Guzzler

kite

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 12:40:29 PM1/31/01
to
Interesting post...Just tuned into WCW the other night, yah we've flipped
to the channel before and always away, the other night w watched for a a
little while and I have to say...BORING. Compared to the excitement of the
WWF?!?

It has nothing to do with talent because a LOT of the wrestlers in WWf have
been in WCW so I'd say between rivalary and the production that's about it,
there's not a lot of excitement at their shows JMHO.
"Sideshow Bob aka Captain Spinkick" <five-dead...@SPAMTHIShome.com>
wrote in message news:9smg7tovu628ns7h5...@4ax.com...
> I'll concede some of your points may even be true, however the WWF
> will remain #1 until WCW can vastly improve these 2 things:


>
> 1) Production values
> - I'm sorry, but WWF programming just *looks* a million times better
> than the WCW shows, regardless of the content. The average mark is
> going to tune into mediocre wrestling that looks great over poorly
> lit, poorly videoed in-ring excellence. From the sets, the music, the
> video production, the announcers... the WWF wins in every department.
>
> 2) Self Promotion
> - VKM is a huckster extraordinaire... he's the PT Barnum of our time.
> If you stop someone on the street who has never watched wrestling in
> their life, they will invariably say "Ewww, I hate that WWF stuff."
> In pop culture and in the media, WRESTLING = WWF. The two words are
> synonomous to the average person, and most non-wrestling fans are
> unaware of other promotions even existing.
>
>
>
>
>

> SIDESHOW BOB aka CAPTAIN SPINKICK
> five-dead...@SPAMTHIShome.com
>
> ALEA IACIA EST


Tommy Starr

unread,
Jan 30, 2001, 12:50:42 PM1/30/01
to
I dunno about that.. WWF is good.. but I persoanlly enjoy WCW more... I say
"Whatchwhatchalike"

Ded Jester

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 12:54:21 PM1/31/01
to

<JoPap...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:958k3c$seg$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> Certain things seem inexplainable until you look further inbetween the
> lines. This is certainly true of the double standards WWF fans have
> when discussing WCW. Bob Ryder just wrote about his in Notes From Bob
> if you would like more background on the subject. He couldn't find an
> answer to explain this double standard; I, on the other hand, have
> always known the answer.
>
> Deep down inside WWF fans know that WCW should consistently deliver the
> better product; they talk about how the WCW wastes talent, they know
> WCW has more talent then the WWF. They say that the WCW title was
> degraded because Arquette won the title but have no objections to
> McMahon winning the title and royal rumble. This shows they are marks
> for the WCW title and expect less from the WWF. They try to play it off
> like it was because of the storyline but only morons watch wrestling
> for the storylines and not the wrestling; morons or people insecure in
> the fact that they watch wrestling and use the storylines as a way
> feeble way of giving the shows a higher purpose which truly doesn't
> exist.
Ok, let's start with the wasting talent part. The WCW does have a lot of
talent, guys like Storm, Awesome, Rey-Rey, Kidman, et al are all at the top
of their game, and are technically incredible. Charismatically, they are
left in the wasteland. They get little to no opportunity to became
intruiging characters, with the exception of Storm, who is getting some time
in the Team Canada stable. Wrestlers with established personalities get the
spot light, like Nash and Hogan always got the spotlight, because WCW didn't
invest the right kind of time or the right kind of push in people who could
be more than they are, like Guerrero, Benoit, Raven, Saturn, Jericho, and
Paul Wight. Some guys, like Awesome and Storm, could be HUGE, if they got
the right kind of chances. Storm looks like he could be cut in the HBK
mold, if not the same personality, the same potential. Awesome is just
that, he's huge, he's got moves, he's got a good personality, and I
guarantee his mic skills, which are good, would constantly get better. The
exceptions to this rule are guys like DDP who is a big personality with
great mic skills who can work a crowd, and Scott Steiner who is so buffed
out that it's scary, and has either learned to make roid rage as a
character, or is an incredible actor. Just because WCW has a ton of talent
doesn't mean they are using it in a proper manner. A prime example will be
what they do with Mike Sanders, who obviously has the elusive "it". If
they give him room to grow, he could be the new Ric Flair, a great inring
performer with top rate crowd skills. Letting your talent develop is the
key, and if BOTH the WWF and WCW won't allow for new main event material to
grow, they will both be dead is the water. Let's see what happens, whether
guys like Jericho and Benoit will make it in the WWF main event scene,
whether guys like Sanders, Storm and Awesome make it into the WCW main event
scene. As far as the whole Arquette/McMahon thing....McMahon has been in
wrestling his whole life, and won the belt to further a feud with SCSA,
which was the hottest thing going in the WWF...Arquette was a celebrity who
isn't even on the "B" list in Hollywood...he's on the "1800CALLATT" list,
and the fact that he held the title belt for no real purpose does hurt it,
it made it seem less of a prize and more of a gimmick. If Arquette came in
with some intensity, some plot line, some sort of plan and intention to win,
and cheated his ass off, then maybe it would make a little more
sense...still would be great, but at least it wouldn't cheapen it so.

> If the WWF was really storyline driven as WWF fans and Vince Russo
> would like everyone to believe, then why was the godfather over? He was
> never involved in storylines worth noting. The answer is simple, hos.
> Austin was over because he drank beer and would stick up his middle
> finger; not because of interesting storylines. The Rock got over with
> catchphrases short enough for the idiot WWF fans to remember. The WWF
> was doing the same boring garbage with Russo that Russo did in the WWF.
> The only difference being that it was unexceptable in the WCW because
> the fans have such a higher standard for WCW. The WCW has at one point
> delivered a perfect product and the fans come to expect it week in and
> week out. The WWF has always delivered a lower standard or wrestling
> and fans became loyal to it because they catered to the audiences most
> obvious trait, stupidity.

WCW delivered a perfect product? When? If you are refering to the
Outsiders/NWO era, consider what a weak argument that it...you take a bunch
of guys that got over in the WWF and bring them in to invade WCW. It's a
great premise, really, because you establish battle lines between the WCW
faithful and the invading outsiders, but the WCW didn't create anything
special with it, they just bought the personalities that were already over
instead of building up anything of their own. And, they used wonderful,
fantastic, innovative techniques like black and white TV interviews and
matches and constant heel turns of every major superstar to the NWO side.
Don't take credit for overpaying for what the WWF built, because it obvious
that that WCW can't build superstars, they have to either build themselves
or go to the WWF. Unless of course, you think Stunning Steve was more
popular than Stone Cold Steve... In fact, look at Nash....he was the great
and powerful Oz in WCW, among other bad gimmicks, and then in the WWF, he
was build up into Diesel, and then returned to WCW for probably 20x the
money Oz made....think of how much cheaper it would have been it WCW had the
ability to build on what they had instead of letting Vinnie Mac do it and
then have to buy it back.

> WWF fans will always have a double standard because they will always
> expect more from the WCW.

I watch WCW, I watch WWF...I find WWF much more entertaining, and the
quality of matches on average is pretty even, especially because the
Hardcore WWF matches are getting weaker, and the WCW Cruiserweights are
fantastic, but the storylines, the charisma of the characters, and the
production values always make the WWF my first choice.


Captain Calzone

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 8:32:29 PM1/31/01
to
Back when I was a boy in Outer Mongolia, I think it was 30 Jan 2001, s7ven
walked up to me and rhythmically grabbed my ass, making me squeal the
following:

>Sorry Mcmahon Doesn't look Impressive either. McMahon is only a little
>better than Arquette and is built more like Chris Rock than the Rock.

Why bring Shane into this? He can't help it is he is the "pudgy" McMahon.

--
******************
Captain Calzone
The One and Only
(THANK GOD!)
******************
NON TIMETIS MESSOR
http://home.maine.rr.com/cgm
AOLIM: DarkLoshi (like you care)

Captain Calzone

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 8:35:57 PM1/31/01
to
Back when I was a boy in Outer Mongolia, I think it was 31 Jan 2001,
ll...@SPAMSUCKSdirect.ca walked up to me and rhythmically grabbed my ass,

making me squeal the following:

>They did have said person, his name is Bill Goldberg. Too bad WCW tried
>to make him heel. The rest, as they say, is history.

I still think that if he was professional enough to go along with it,
Goldberg would have been an awesome, and very marketable, heel. Sadly, he
let his markdom get ahead of his professionalism... Goldberg as a bad ass
heel would be on par with HHH for sheer drawing power.

Lady Lhia Rose

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 9:32:19 PM1/31/01
to
WWF fans always will have a double standard when it comes to WCW.
WCW was supposed to be this Turner dream child while no longer owned by them
that was the impression that Turner whose touch had made so many other
things turn to precious metal failed with this project. WCW who made big
money promises to the "Legends" we were growing up with in WWF. WCW who was
supposed to be cleaner more original and family friendly. WCW who found out
that WWF was the incumbent and a tough one to beat at that. The last time I
actually watched dubba see dubba (WCW) I saw rip offs of the WWF's ideas and
storylines with Booker T who tries to be Rock and Triple H all at the same
time, someone getting run over by a car and not being able to see a driver,
many other similar plotlines. If WCW is all that spectacular then why don't
they keep ratings, why did Turner finally drop them like yesterday's trash,
and why are so many of their talent trying to get into the WWF?

--
Lady Lhia Rose
@-----,--------'----------
"I am Rosemary's Granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
and when the day is done my momma's still my biggest fan
sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy, but I've got friends that love me
and they know just where I stand, it's all a part of me, and that's who I
am"
-"Who I am" Jessica Andrews


jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 12:48:38 AM2/1/01
to
In article <wuRd6.32033$t3.56...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,

"Triumph The Insult Comic Dog" <tri...@emrprod.com> wrote:
> "they know WCW has more talent then the WWF"
>
> You can have all the wrestling talent in the world, but if you can't
back it
> up with
> an entertaining character, noone will notice (see Benoit)
> This ain't wrestling anymore... it's entertainment.

It's still wrestling that sells PPVs and Tickets. Benoit was never
pushed properly in WCW. His lack of success there had nothing to do
with lack of character; hell his in ring persona is full of character.


> "no objections to McMahon winning the title and royal rumble"
>
> McMahon Has the physique of a wrestler, bad ass mic skills, managed
to
> execute
> some actual wrestling maneuvers and has been involved in wrestling
all his
> life.

McMahon is a poor actor at best. You just have very low standards for
what equates to good acting. Physique is only an issue to people with
sexual issues. Ric Flair was possibly the greatest ever and he never
had the steriod look.

KRJ

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 1:18:52 AM2/1/01
to
Nicely written, but you've set a straw man and beat him soundly around the
face and shoulders. The WCW have no main event wrestlers, they had WWF
stars who used to draw ratings and money plus the always abused Ric Flair.
Now they've got the steriod geek who can't wrestle or talk, but hell he's
better than everybody else. The WCW does have some good crusiers, but
other than providing some interesting stunts and tumbling, none of them has
been given a chance to get over with the fans. Remember the big push and
talking up the Hardys and E&C got after that first ladder match. The WCW
fails to mention the crusiers PPV performance and awards them with a
mugging by Big Pill Popper. The WWF makes stars, has storylines, promotes
matches and has hardworkers at every level of the promotion, including the
goddamned camera people. Every few weeks the massive number of sheep and
trolls come up with this same crap and pronounce the end of the WWF.

Your WCW has no stars, no storylines, damned little wrestling after the
first match, no ratings, no merchandizing, no PPV buys, no profits and no
future. We lemmings spit down on you from the high tower of VinnieMac and
laugh most loudly at your pathetic baabaabaaing.

Dreamslipper

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 9:55:55 AM2/1/01
to
!note: this may seem like a long ramble and it kinda is, so I apologize,
but the WWF just plain sucks sometimes...

No, this is not a long well-written explanation of why WWF is absolutely
horrible and why WCW is absolutely better, cause that isn't the case.
What is the case is that I'm more into WCW right now, and prefer it
over-all cause I'd been watching and watching WWF, and have just plain lost
interest.

I have been watching WWF for over 15 years. Now, I've stopped for a couple
of weeks. Why is it I would need to be bored with a 20 minute contract
signing with rehashed Jane Austin junk I do not know, and I didn't watch it
so I'm happy. The Stone Cold/HHH story doesn't make sense anymore, it's
rehashed, forced junk. Stone Cold can't work to save his mother.

Wanna know my biggest beef with the WWF? And this is from a long-time fan.
Why the fuck do I have to see 3 belly-to-back suplexes in a row in main
event? Um, hello? Notice none of the fans are making any noise? Any
cheers? Any boos?

No. Wanna know why? Cause **the choreography stinks**. I know wrestling
is two things: wrestling and entertainment. But fuck, without well-worked
wrestling it ain't entertaining. The last few weeks I'd noticed that the
matches just suck. At the Rumble the Ladder match was totally amazing, but
all the Raws and Smackdowns had rotten matches, nothing new, nothing
innovative. I can't remember one match I enjoyed. And the sad thing is
the stories are in the same state. I can't watch a show where in 3
quarters of the matches there is only one suplex and it is a belly-to-back
suplex because the choreographer is a 78 year-old senile over-the-hill "I
should retire cause I suck" bitch. I can't watch a show where a 6-man tag
between the Dudleys and Jericho vs. Benoit, Edge and Christian, which has
so much potential, and then Jane has to come in to drink a beer and ask his
boss (who's ass he licks every night) if he's going to be in the main match
of the PPV when all the fans should know already, and they should know that
he ruined a great match and should be booing the piss out of him, and
throwing watermelons at him, and the 6 guys in the match should be pissed
at Mickey Mouse Mahon for taking their showtime away... but no, he has to
take about 7-8 minutes here when he already has the main event time, like
always, even though he can't work (wrestling-wise or innovative-angle-wise)
to save his mother. The WWF concentrates on 4-5 people and the rest
suffer, and the over-all product suffers.

There are so many different maneuvers and even in the last Hardies match I
saw - and they are still my fave tag-team from any fed - all I saw them do
was Matt's DDT, Jeff's kick where he spring-boards of Matt, the
Twistoffate, and the Swanton, I mean they're great moves, most of them
innovative, but they were innovative months and months ago, in other words
why can't I see a well-choreographed match? The formulaes don't work for
me anymore, I KNOW they work for many others and just cause Steve Austin
drinks beer and points his little finger the fans will cheer, even though
he would end up in a wheel-chair if he tried to execute a frog-splash or a
brain-buster.

So yeah, like I said this isn't well-written, but I'm trying to simply say
that WWF lost a viewer, at least for now, cause their matches on their
shows, not one match here and there, the whole fucking jambalaya, suck.
There just ain't no work in them anymore.

So now you guys can reply with "yeah but Scott Steiner takes steroids and
is a big nothing". Yeah yeah... and HHH is Señor Natural. I was HHH's #1
fan for over a year, but I can't stand Austin, so we'll see later if I'll
watch... And then someone else might say "what stories are there in WCW
that are so innovative?" I agree, there aren't that many, though I thought
the Flair swerve and takeover was good, but the wrestling is enough to keep
me watching, 5-6 good matches a show, with 2-3 being great, and lots of
innovation and FRESHness in the Cruiserweights and also guys like Konnan,
Awesome, Crowbar... it's enough. Give Uncle Eric a little time, and the
stories will match the wrestling and I'll be happy... The botched WCW
main-event run-ins have to go too (though they have become less frequent).

I still dig Edge and Christian's sunglasses though... they're pretty nifty,
anyone know where I can buy some?

STUART

unread,
Jan 31, 2001, 10:11:27 AM1/31/01
to
Sometimes? It ALWAYS sucks except on PPV when it has some good matches.

--
Wrestling Viewpoint! - http://www.viewpoint.f2s.com - Puroresu, ECW &
sports-entertainment reviews, rosters & more.


Incubus

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 12:26:47 PM2/1/01
to
I commend you , very well spoken and thought out . I watch both RAW
and Nitro and try to be non-biased as I do some reporting on both
shows . I agree with almost everything you've said . Esp the last
part , I want a pair of them shades too but can't find them . ( WCW's
Cat wears some wild one's same style too ! ) Anyway , hope your ready
for WWF mark hell after posting this , lol . Funny thing is the same
marks for WWF , if WCW keeps up the current pace , will be WCW marks
when and if this happens .

Incubus :

Main Entry: in·cu·bus
Pronunciation: 'i[ng]-ky&-b&s, 'in-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural in·cu·bi /-"bI, -"bE/; also -bus·es
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin, from Latin incubare
Date: 13th century
1 : An evil spirit that lies on persons in their sleep; especially : one that
has sexual intercourse with women while they are sleeping
2 : One that oppresses or burdens like a nightmare

jaVIRbert

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 2:01:30 PM2/1/01
to
<snip>

As it relates to WCW vs WWF:

WWF 199/7 - low PPV figures, ratings etc - $6million loss per year.

WCW 1999/2000 - low PPV figures, ratings etc - $60million loss per year.

Even when they were getting the rating Raw gets now they were making a loss.
From a business point of view WCW was never a success. As for the on screen
product - I never watched it so I can't comment on that.


The Wolfman

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 2:03:55 PM2/1/01
to
Followups set to alt.fanboys.wcw

SawDust

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 3:26:47 PM2/1/01
to
I will admit, that sometimes your post suck

that's a lie


your posts always suck

RnR Stone Cold

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 5:50:52 PM2/1/01
to
> rehashed, forced junk. Stone Cold can't work to save his mother.

Did you see Austin vs Benoit? I rest my case.


--
RnR Stone Cold
"It's true, it's true" - Kurt Angle


Joe Sixpack

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 6:32:15 PM2/1/01
to
I fail to see how bashing the North makes me anti-religious. If you want
support for my statements, and a persective on how many people think the
way I do, check out www.dixienet.org. We will perservere.

And the guy that said he moved from the foothills of Georgia to be a
webmaster in Atlanta, sure enough proved my point. Sure there is white
trash everywhere, but just as many are immigrant trash in the northern
cities. Ever met a rural Pennsylvanian or New Yorker? Pure trash too!
The rural South is very proud, and what you call, backward, they call
sticking to their Bible Belt roots.

If you deny my statements by saying everyone is not like how I picture
it is down South, the mutilated drugheads of Alabama and New Orleans are
equally abnormal in this discussion. You are not a majority. By far.

Jason Adcock

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 7:26:14 PM2/1/01
to
and it only happened once. what did the WWF go right back to? SCSA v. HHH.

"RnR Stone Cold" <rnrcartm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uOle6.373238$w61.4...@dfw-read.news.verio.net...

RnR Stone Cold

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 7:58:22 PM2/1/01
to

Jason Adcock <jgad...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:R2ne6.3833$d14.1...@news3.atl...

> and it only happened once. what did the WWF go right back to? SCSA v.
HHH.

True, but why take credit away from Austin. He proved he can work a match.
Austin vs HHH makes a good match still.

Don Martin

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 9:38:04 PM2/1/01
to
Captain Calzone (cap...@maine.rr.com) wrote:
: Back when I was a boy in Outer Mongolia, I think it was 30 Jan 2001, s7ven
: walked up to me and rhythmically grabbed my ass, making me squeal the
: following:

: >Sorry Mcmahon Doesn't look Impressive either. McMahon is only a little


: >better than Arquette and is built more like Chris Rock than the Rock.

: Why bring Shane into this? He can't help it is he is the "pudgy" McMahon.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I thought that was Stephanie's title...

;)

MikeyJericholic

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 9:41:05 PM2/1/01
to
>Subject: WWF sometimes sucks (ya gotta admit it.)

Why is that when someone criticizes the WWF the majority of the time they
apologize for doing so? No one apologizes for criticizing WCW.


"Korn came out and sold a jillion copies, and I was kind of worried. I was
like, 'Is that what young kids like? Is that their interpretation of what rock
and roll is now?'" -Scott Weiland

They misunderestimated me." --George W. Bush

Jason Adcock

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 10:35:08 PM2/1/01
to
True. He showed that he still could still get it done in the ring. I was
referring to the WWF, not SCSA. I was all for a Rattlesnake v. Wolverine
feud.


"RnR Stone Cold" <rnrcartm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:vFne6.373276$w61.4...@dfw-read.news.verio.net...

Zombie

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 10:52:29 AM2/2/01
to
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 21:35:08 -0600, "Jason Adcock"
<jgad...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>True. He showed that he still could still get it done in the ring. I was
>referring to the WWF, not SCSA. I was all for a Rattlesnake v. Wolverine
>feud.

what's the point though? No matter what the WWF does with benoit
people will bitch. It's like he can never job. Never do anything.
Everybody has to job clean to him. If they don't. There egoistical
politicians who work behind the scenes holding the wrestlers down. Or
the WWF isn't about wrestling there about storylines. Benoit should go
to WCW where he was doing better. I figure the WWF has done a great
job with Benoit. Better than WCW ever did.

Maybe he's not feuding with Austin. OR beating the rock like he
should. He's doing good & that's all i care about.

Zombie

co-booker of NZWA
(with varjay)
-------------------------
booker of Nzwa light & darkness
-------------------------------
for info on NZWA you can contact me at
72577708
or
AIM
zombieclaus
---------------------------------------------
for additional info on events & characters you can
look at
http://Just_Joolz.tripod.com/wcwicq.html
-----------------------------------------------
or you can join the egroup at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nzwa
-------------------------------------------------
zombie


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

RnR Stone Cold

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 10:59:56 PM2/1/01
to

Jason Adcock <jgad...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:XPpe6.3899$d14.1...@news3.atl...

> True. He showed that he still could still get it done in the ring. I was
> referring to the WWF, not SCSA. I was all for a Rattlesnake v. Wolverine
> feud.

Though Benoit's roll has slowed down, it's plain common sense that he has
accomplished more in WWF than he was in WCW. He is more over than he ever
was, more recognizable to more people, and he's been in more high profile
matches than I can remember him ever having in WCW, plus he's won a few of
those matches.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 11:58:06 PM2/1/01
to
In article <20010201214105...@ng-fn1.aol.com>,

mikeyje...@aol.com (MikeyJericholic) wrote:
> >Subject: WWF sometimes sucks (ya gotta admit it.)
>
> Why is that when someone criticizes the WWF the majority of the time
they
> apologize for doing so? No one apologizes for criticizing WCW.


They have their head so far up McMahon's ass they can't stand to say
anything bad about him or his product. Since WCW is more of an art it
gets either criticism or praise. There is no need to apologize about
intelligent opinions; something WWF fans lack.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 12:03:29 AM2/2/01
to

> Though Benoit's roll has slowed down, it's plain common sense that he
has
> accomplished more in WWF than he was in WCW. He is more over than he
ever
> was, more recognizable to more people, and he's been in more high
profile
> matches than I can remember him ever having in WCW, plus he's won a
few of
> those matches.


He quit WCW right after he won the world title so he could be
recognizable to people with no apprecation of his ring work; so he can
literally get booed for being a good worker and not dumbing down to the
audience. Jobbing to the stars in NOT an accomplishment no matter how
many people are watching.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 12:10:08 AM2/2/01
to
In article <R2ne6.3833$d14.1...@news3.atl>,

"Jason Adcock" <jgad...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> and it only happened once. what did the WWF go right back to? SCSA
v. HHH.


The WWF fans can't handle anything that isn't repetitive garbage. It's
a familiar friend to them.

RnR Stone Cold

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 12:23:27 AM2/2/01
to
> They have their head so far up McMahon's ass they can't stand to say
> anything bad about him or his product. Since WCW is more of an art it
> gets either criticism or praise. There is no need to apologize about
> intelligent opinions; something WWF fans lack.

The same can be said about you. You have your head so far up Bischoff's ass
that you can't stand to say anything bad about him or his product. To say
all WCW fans are like you would be a sin because not many are at your level
of stupidity.

RnR Stone Cold

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 12:20:21 AM2/2/01
to

> He quit WCW right after he won the world title so he could be
> recognizable to people with no apprecation of his ring work; so he can
> literally get booed for being a good worker and not dumbing down to the
> audience. Jobbing to the stars in NOT an accomplishment no matter how
> many people are watching.


Bullshit. Where do you get the perception that WWF fans don't appreciate his
work? What makes you think he is booed for being a good worker!!! He gets
booed because he's a fucking heel for christ sake!!!!!!!!! Also, he's beat
the Rock a few times and has been the IC champ for a good portion of the
year and has won a lot of matches.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 12:15:43 AM2/2/01
to
In article <3a78c...@news.starnetinc.com>,

"Lady Lhia Rose" <Prin...@xanadu.net> wrote:
> WWF fans always will have a double standard when it comes to WCW.
> WCW was supposed to be this Turner dream child while no longer owned
by them
> that was the impression that Turner whose touch had made so many other
> things turn to precious metal failed with this project. WCW who made
big
> money promises to the "Legends" we were growing up with in WWF. WCW
who was
> supposed to be cleaner more original and family friendly. WCW who
found out
> that WWF was the incumbent and a tough one to beat at that. The last
time I
> actually watched dubba see dubba (WCW) I saw rip offs of the WWF's
ideas and
> storylines with Booker T who tries to be Rock and Triple H all at the
same
> time, someone getting run over by a car and not being able to see a
driver,
> many other similar plotlines. If WCW is all that spectacular then
why don't
> they keep ratings, why did Turner finally drop them like yesterday's
trash,
> and why are so many of their talent trying to get into the WWF?


Because it's easy to make a buck of off uneducated slobs such as
yourself.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 12:16:41 AM2/2/01
to
In article <3a78c...@news.starnetinc.com>,
"Lady Lhia Rose" <Prin...@xanadu.net> wrote:
> WWF fans always will have a double standard when it comes to WCW.
> WCW was supposed to be this Turner dream child while no longer owned
by them
> that was the impression that Turner whose touch had made so many other
> things turn to precious metal failed with this project. WCW who made
big
> money promises to the "Legends" we were growing up with in WWF. WCW
who was
> supposed to be cleaner more original and family friendly. WCW who
found out
> that WWF was the incumbent and a tough one to beat at that. The last
time I
> actually watched dubba see dubba (WCW) I saw rip offs of the WWF's
ideas and
> storylines with Booker T who tries to be Rock and Triple H all at the
same
> time, someone getting run over by a car and not being able to see a
driver,
> many other similar plotlines. If WCW is all that spectacular then
why don't
> they keep ratings, why did Turner finally drop them like yesterday's
trash,
> and why are so many of their talent trying to get into the WWF?


Because it's easy to make a buck off of uneducated slobs such as

Jason Adcock

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 1:30:14 AM2/2/01
to
Damn! Can't a guy hope to see some wrestlers feud?

:)


"Zombie" <charac...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:8pll7tsn7sctv39dd...@4ax.com...

Zombie

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 1:32:31 PM2/2/01
to
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:30:14 -0600, "Jason Adcock"
<jgad...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Damn! Can't a guy hope to see some wrestlers feud?
>
>:)

hehe sorry hehe

i just hear allot of criticisms of the WWF LMAO some of them are even
my own :-P hehe

yes i to would like to see an austin Benoit feud :o)))

zombie

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 3:09:05 AM2/2/01
to
In article <Zyre6.373314$w61.4...@dfw-read.news.verio.net>,

"RnR Stone Cold" <rnrcartm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > He quit WCW right after he won the world title so he could be
> > recognizable to people with no apprecation of his ring work; so he
can
> > literally get booed for being a good worker and not dumbing down to
the
> > audience. Jobbing to the stars in NOT an accomplishment no matter
how
> > many people are watching.
>
> Bullshit. Where do you get the perception that WWF fans don't
appreciate his
> work?

I don't know maybe from them sitting on their hands unless he's in the
ring with one of the one line wonders. The only work WWF fans
appreciate is the breast work done on the skanks wasting air time.

>What makes you think he is booed for being a good worker!!! He gets
> booed because he's a fucking heel for christ sake!!!!!!!!!

Not true. You don't seem to understand the modern day WWF. There is no
heel or face, just personalities. The WWF fans choose to boo Benoit for
being a wrestler and not a side show clown.

>Also, he's beat the Rock a few times and has been the IC champ for a
>good portion of the year and has won a lot of matches.

Wasn't Val Venis IC champ once? Real meaningful. He has won a good bit
of matches and may even get pushed to the top one day. But don't think
the idiots watching for the poor acting will stick around for it.

The Wolfman

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 3:26:53 AM2/2/01
to

Joe Sixpack wrote:
>
> I fail to see how bashing the North makes me anti-religious.

I fail to see how you arrived at this conclusion from my post.

Let's go through it in detail shall we?

Follow-ups = Replies to your post
set to = Changed so they are posted to
alt. = The alternative tree of UseNet
fanboy. = The fanboy tree, fanboy being defined as someone who is
overly dedicated to a cause, think of the Star Trek guys who have
marriages in Klingon.
wcw = World Championship Wrestling, a wrestling promoter.

I fail to see how accusing you of being a WCW fanboy has anything to do
with religion.

<Rest of post snipped due to it being based on an insane premise>

--
Wolfy

http://www.blackwolfents.com

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 3:15:55 AM2/2/01
to
In article <_yre6.373315$w61.4...@dfw-read.news.verio.net>,

"RnR Stone Cold" <rnrcartm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > They have their head so far up McMahon's ass they can't stand to say
> > anything bad about him or his product. Since WCW is more of an art
it
> > gets either criticism or praise. There is no need to apologize about
> > intelligent opinions; something WWF fans lack.
>
> The same can be said about you. You have your head so far up
Bischoff's ass
> that you can't stand to say anything bad about him or his product.

What gives you this idea? You can put words in my mouth all day and
assume what you want. It won't change the fact that I could waste a ton
of bandwidth discussing the faults of Bischoff.

X8oD

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 7:01:48 AM2/2/01
to
<jopap...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:95deor$4tl$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> nce WCW is more of an art it
> gets either criticism or praise. There is no need to apologize about
> intelligent opinions; something WWF fans lack.

LMAO. This will go down as the most idiotic line ever used, to describe WCW.
"Since WCW Is mroe of an Art" LMFAO!!

I love it. You are soooo much a WCW Mark its not even funny. I bet you and
Joan would get along great. I heard she's looking for a life partner.

~Chuck


s7ven

unread,
Feb 1, 2001, 9:39:07 PM2/1/01
to
> I bet you and Joan would get along great. I heard she's looking for a life
partner.
>
> ~Chuck

Sorry chuck, Joanie says she's looking for a female partner. But then again,
if anybody is brave enough, check PapaPump's shorts; he may have turned
femail from all the 'roids.


RnR Stone Cold

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 2:30:17 PM2/2/01
to
> I don't know maybe from them sitting on their hands unless he's in the
> ring with one of the one line wonders. The only work WWF fans
> appreciate is the breast work done on the skanks wasting air time.

You do not watch WWF obviously.

> Not true. You don't seem to understand the modern day WWF. There is no
> heel or face, just personalities. The WWF fans choose to boo Benoit for
> being a wrestler and not a side show clown.

You lack comprehension skills.


> Wasn't Val Venis IC champ once? Real meaningful. He has won a good bit
> of matches and may even get pushed to the top one day. But don't think
> the idiots watching for the poor acting will stick around for it.

Wasn't David Arquette the WCW champ? Real meaningful. Obviously you're one
of those idiots since it's obvious havent stuck around lately to watch WWF.

RnR Stone Cold

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 2:33:09 PM2/2/01
to

<

> What gives you this idea? You can put words in my mouth all day and
> assume what you want. It won't change the fact that I could waste a ton
> of bandwidth discussing the faults of Bischoff.

What gives you the idea I've got my head up Vince's ass? You said WWF fans
have their head up his ass, and I'm a wwf fan. Don't bitch about me assuming
things when you're guilty of it.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 10:53:01 PM2/2/01
to
In article <SbEe6.375169$w61.4...@dfw-read.news.verio.net>,

"RnR Stone Cold" <rnrcartm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> <
>
> > What gives you this idea? You can put words in my mouth all day and
> > assume what you want. It won't change the fact that I could waste a
ton
> > of bandwidth discussing the faults of Bischoff.
>
> What gives you the idea I've got my head up Vince's ass?

Maybe it's your thoughtless praise that gives you away.

RnR Stone Cold

unread,
Feb 2, 2001, 11:34:49 PM2/2/01
to

<jopap...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:95fvar$9ov$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...


Now let's just stop with the bickering. You're a WCW fan, I'm WWF fan. You
are not fond of WWF, I am not fond of WCW. Let's respect this fact and lets
quit acting like two 6 year olds.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 12:40:23 AM2/3/01
to

>Obviously you're one
> of those idiots since it's obvious havent stuck around lately to
>watch WWF.

I think it's obvious from reading that sentence that you're the idiot.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 12:43:32 AM2/3/01
to
In article <u_De6.375166$w61.4...@dfw-read.news.verio.net>,

"RnR Stone Cold" <rnrcartm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't know maybe from them sitting on their hands unless he's in
the
> > ring with one of the one line wonders. The only work WWF fans
> > appreciate is the breast work done on the skanks wasting air time.
>
> You do not watch WWF obviously.

Correct, I'm not a masochist.


> > Not true. You don't seem to understand the modern day WWF. There is
no
> > heel or face, just personalities. The WWF fans choose to boo Benoit
for
> > being a wrestler and not a side show clown.
>
> You lack comprehension skills.

Sorry that I don't have the skills necessary to deal with "gifted"
people.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 12:45:31 AM2/3/01
to
In article <bXLe6.375364$w61.4...@dfw-read.news.verio.net>,

"RnR Stone Cold" <rnrcartm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> <jopap...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> news:95fvar$9ov$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > In article <SbEe6.375169$w61.4...@dfw-read.news.verio.net>,
> > "RnR Stone Cold" <rnrcartm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > <
> > >
> > > > What gives you this idea? You can put words in my mouth all day
and
> > > > assume what you want. It won't change the fact that I could
waste a
> > ton
> > > > of bandwidth discussing the faults of Bischoff.
> > >
> > > What gives you the idea I've got my head up Vince's ass?
> >
> > Maybe it's your thoughtless praise that gives you away.
>
> Now let's just stop with the bickering. You're a WCW fan, I'm WWF
fan. You
> are not fond of WWF, I am not fond of WCW. Let's respect this fact
and lets
> quit acting like two 6 year olds.

Sorry but acting like a six year old was the only way I could relate to
your mentality.

RnR Stone Cold

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 2:22:35 AM2/3/01
to

> Sorry but acting like a six year old was the only way I could relate to
> your mentality.


Thanks for proving to everyone here you are the6 year old is and that a WCW
fan can be immature. You just ruined any credibility in your arguments that
only immature dumb asses watch WWF.

jopap...@my-deja.com

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 3:44:32 AM2/3/01
to
In article <KnOe6.375417$w61.4...@dfw-read.news.verio.net>,

"RnR Stone Cold" <rnrcartm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry but acting like a six year old was the only way I could
relate to
> > your mentality.
>
> Thanks for proving to everyone here you are the6 year old is and that
a WCW
> fan can be immature.

Thanks for proving you can ruin any attempt to make with sentences that
make no sense. Yet you wonder why I have to dumb down to communicate
with you.

>You just ruined any credibility in your arguments that
> only immature dumb asses watch WWF.

Maturity isn't the issue. Intelligence is the issue. Funny how you
confuse the two. I guess you you will always blame your lack of
intelligence on a lack of maturity.

Karen Marie

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 7:55:53 AM2/3/01
to
jopap...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> >Obviously you're one
> > of those idiots since it's obvious havent stuck around lately to
> >watch WWF.
>
> I think it's obvious from reading that sentence that you're the idiot.

I seem to be suffering from the same affliction.......


--
******************************************
Karen:)
TCotB#41, TCotC#98, TCofSR#41, TCotSSS#6
Unofficial Mistress of the Games
Zorina's little sister
Lilith Bee's star twin
KM Cookie Inc.
ICQ# 62834295
Capricorn, YOTRooster
----------------------------------------------------------
Fuzzy Memories by Jack Handey

When we used to go for a drive in the family car,
I used to love to stick my head out the window;
until one time we passed a uncoming car
and my head knocked off a dog's head.
---------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cloven-shield.com
http://www.kolumbus.fi/antti.matikka

Karen Marie

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 7:56:43 AM2/3/01
to

<SMACK>

Special people.......

Karen Marie

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 7:58:06 AM2/3/01
to

....Uhmmmm........

handell

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 11:11:56 AM2/3/01
to

Karen Marie <kc...@homeNOT.com> wrote in message
news:3A7C0058...@homeNOT.com...

> jopap...@my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Sorry but acting like a six year old was the only way I could relate to
> > your mentality.
>
> ....Uhmmmm........
>


at least it isnt only APWW that has trolls.

--
mo...@freeuk.com
APWW & WWF site that reeks of awsomness
www.excommunicant.co.uk/handell/
AdvanceString - Powerful and easy to
use string and document manipulation tools
www.excommunicant.co.uk


Lady Lhia Rose

unread,
Feb 3, 2001, 6:31:48 PM2/3/01
to
jopap...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Because it's easy to make a buck off of uneducated slobs such as
> yourself.

Personally that isn't much of a response to what I had to say. "Making a
buck off an uneducated slob" maybe it is the educated who hate the idea of
originality being ripped off so they stay with the "Real thing". I think
that WCW is playing off the uneducated wrestling fan. The one that doesn't
know the difference between quality and "Family Friendly". The one that
doesn't know it is all a storyline. I believe that WWF has done a better
job a breaking that barrier with the biographies and the behind the scenes
stuff. Yes it is still all orchestrated but at least there is some
admission of that this is not real.
--
Lady Lhia Rose
@-----,--------'----------
"I am Rosemary's Granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
and when the day is done my momma's still my biggest fan
sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy, but I've got friends that love me
and they know just where I stand, it's all a part of me, and that's who I
am"
-"Who I am" Jessica Andrews
/


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages