ESSAY #1.

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Alicia Snow

unread,
May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98
to

I'm not in a flame war with any of you. I don't hate any of you guys.
And I'm not feuding with anyone. I don't understand why you guys have to
be hating each other. I said "jap" and people are all over my ass. I
stated in a previous post I didn't mean it. I regret saying it, not
because it was wrong, because I did nothing wrong, but because of the
hoopla it created.

You can flame me all you want. I hope it makes your life worth while, I
even hope it makes you feel like a big man. I will defend myself as
needed. You think your flames intimidate me? Well you have another thing
coming.

You flame me because I speak my mind? If I was a man you'd say I had
balls. But since I'm female, you say I'm a bitch.

You hate me because I speak my mind? Why can't you guys just let it roll
off your back? That's what's wrong with the US, people getting pissed
off over absolutly nothing.

I have nothing but love for all of you people, I even forgive the people
who flamed me. Because their not spiritual evolved enough to think above
it.

I said "jap"...I wonder how you all in your real lives?

God Bless...

-Alicia

The Urban Terrorist

unread,
May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98
to

> I'm not in a flame war with any of you. I don't hate any of you guys.
> And I'm not feuding with anyone. I don't understand why you guys have to
> be hating each other. I said "jap" and people are all over my ass. I
> stated in a previous post I didn't mean it. I regret saying it, not
> because it was wrong, because I did nothing wrong, but because of the
> hoopla it created.

I used to manage a Subway when I was in high school, I always said, "Would
you like some japs on your sub?" (referring to jalapenos) nobody got on my
ass...
Too wordy, you can get your point across easier. Try some commas for
starters. -5

> You can flame me all you want. I hope it makes your life worth while, I
> even hope it makes you feel like a big man. I will defend myself as
> needed. You think your flames intimidate me? Well you have another thing
> coming.

You said "coming" -1

> You flame me because I speak my mind? If I was a man you'd say I had
> balls. But since I'm female, you say I'm a bitch.

If you were a man, we'd call you a troll. Need a comma between "man, you'd"
-3



> You hate me because I speak my mind? Why can't you guys just let it roll
> off your back? That's what's wrong with the US, people getting pissed
> off over absolutly nothing.

Don't forget that we're lazy. You misspelled "absolutely" -5



> I have nothing but love for all of you people,

Thank you Eric...

> I even forgive the people who flamed me. Because their not
> spiritual evolved enough to think above it.
> I said "jap"...I wonder how you all in your real lives?


Makes little sense and it's choppy. -5

81 B-
Not bad Alicia...
--
"Hello, I'm your Tour Guide to Hell..."
The "Ray Traylor" of RSPW"...lots of sweat, but no heat.
ICQ#11689247



Jonathan Snowden & Kristina Kendall

unread,
May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98
to Alicia Snow

Alicia Snow wrote:

> I said "jap"...I wonder how you all in your real lives?

This makes no sense. Admit that your prior post was racist and people
may be more inclined to think of you as more than a lame-brained bigot.
And keep your posts focused on wrestling. The 13-year-ols in the TWO
may be fascinated because you are (allegedly) a woman, but most of us
could care less. We are interested in your wrestling opinion (such that
it is) not in you personally. So stop trying to get heat. It's boring
and fills up an incredible amount of space. I hate having to sift
through this shit to talk wrestling with real fans.

> -Alicia
J.S.

Curtis Conway

unread,
May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98
to

do you have love for me too?


On Thu, 21 May 1998 12:43:33 -0500, Alicia Snow <ali...@abcs.com>
wrote:

>I'm not in a flame war with any of you. I don't hate any of you guys.
>And I'm not feuding with anyone. I don't understand why you guys have to
>be hating each other. I said "jap" and people are all over my ass. I
>stated in a previous post I didn't mean it. I regret saying it, not
>because it was wrong, because I did nothing wrong, but because of the
>hoopla it created.
>

>You can flame me all you want. I hope it makes your life worth while, I
>even hope it makes you feel like a big man. I will defend myself as
>needed. You think your flames intimidate me? Well you have another thing
>coming.
>

>You flame me because I speak my mind? If I was a man you'd say I had
>balls. But since I'm female, you say I'm a bitch.
>

>You hate me because I speak my mind? Why can't you guys just let it roll
>off your back? That's what's wrong with the US, people getting pissed
>off over absolutly nothing.
>

>I have nothing but love for all of you people, I even forgive the people


>who flamed me. Because their not spiritual evolved enough to think above
>it.
>

>I said "jap"...I wonder how you all in your real lives?
>

>God Bless...
>
>-Alicia


Kevin Turnquist

unread,
May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98
to

Alicia Snow <ali...@abcs.com> wrote:
> I'm not in a flame war with any of you. I don't hate any of you guys.
> And I'm not feuding with anyone. I don't understand why you guys have to
> be hating each other. I said "jap" and people are all over my ass. I
> stated in a previous post I didn't mean it. I regret saying it, not
> because it was wrong, because I did nothing wrong, but because of the
> hoopla it created.

Are you really this narrow-minded, Alicia, or is it just more "heat"
generation?
I'm far from the most PC person on the planet, but there are certain
things you just do not say. And it is a lame excuse to say "I
just didn't feel like typing Japanese..." Wow, those extra five letters you
know.
If I remember correctly, you went absolutely crybaby mode when you thought
people thought you were a slut. Doesn't feel good to be labeled, does it?

> You can flame me all you want. I hope it makes your life worth while, I
> even hope it makes you feel like a big man. I will defend myself as
> needed. You think your flames intimidate me? Well you have another thing
> coming.

People flaming you made you beg the newsgroup not to think bad of your
reputation...I'd say they efficiently intimidated you.
Funny thing is, this really isn't a flame. I could be much harsher. I'm
just hoping you see the hypocrisy of what you say and then how you act/post
a day later.

> You flame me because I speak my mind? If I was a man you'd say I had
> balls. But since I'm female, you say I'm a bitch.

No, if you were a male you'd be called "bastard" <laugh>. Seriously,
being female as actually probably saved you the severe wrath of some. You
want to see flames? Watch what flux, PeteKOF, etc. do to people. *That's*
a flame.

> You hate me because I speak my mind? Why can't you guys just let it roll
> off your back? That's what's wrong with the US, people getting pissed
> off over absolutly nothing.

See previous part on hypocrisy.

> I have nothing but love for all of you people, I even forgive the people
> who flamed me. Because their not spiritual evolved enough to think above
> it.

> I said "jap"...I wonder how you all in your real lives?

Ok, attempted to translate into English:
What you are wondering is "I said the word "jap" ... is this all you people
have to worry about in your real lives?" <closest interpretation I can think
of>.
I dunno...it seems to have consumed a lot of your time...what does all
this posting mean to your "real" life, Alicia?

> God Bless...

If only you actually meant it...
--
Kevin Turnquist aka tse...@portup.com (http://www.portup.com/~tservo)
Systems Administrator, The Portage (www.portup.com) || Proud Member of JSAS
"Nobody glorifies criminal conduct like the Americans do." - Bret Hart
"Maybe Shamrock needs to take an anger management class" - Jim Ross

Rich Rogers

unread,
May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98
to

Alicia Snow wrote:
>
> I'm not in a flame war with any of you. I don't hate any of you guys.
> And I'm not feuding with anyone. I don't understand why you guys have to
> be hating each other. I said "jap" and people are all over my ass.

Awwww, poor little thing.

I
> stated in a previous post I didn't mean it. I regret saying it, not
> because it was wrong, because I did nothing wrong, but because of the
> hoopla it created

You did do something wrong, in your mind you probably never do anything
wrong and it's always someone else with the problem. Maybe not, but
that's what you're showing me.


>
> You can flame me all you want.

Thanks we will

I hope it makes your life worth while,

No, more important things make my life worthwhile, this just gives me
something to do while I have nothing to do at work.

> I even hope it makes you feel like a big man.

This is really cheap, you were the bully in the first place when you
called someone a JAP. Quit being such a suck.


I will defend myself as
> needed.

Not well.

You think your flames intimidate me?

They aren't supposed to intimidate you, I hope mine make you think and
maybe change your opinion on the subject a little bit. I have no desire
to intimidate or scare you and quite frankly I think you're hiding
behind your skirt and playing the abused little girl simply because it
suits your purpose. You would have salvaged a ton of dignity of you had
guts to just admit that what you said was wrong, what you're doing now
is transparent and ridiculous.

Well you have another thing
> coming.

ooooooooh


>
> You flame me because I speak my mind?

I flame you because you say Jap not because you speak your mind. You
don't speak your mind you barely say anything. If saying "Tong is a Jap
name" is called speaking your mind then your mind is pretty nonexistent.

If I was a man you'd say I had
> balls. But since I'm female, you say I'm a bitch.

If you were a man I'd call you racist. But since you're female I'll
call you racist. Now you're definitely hiding behind your skirt.

>
> You hate me because I speak my mind?

I don't hate anyone, I am incapable of hate.

Why can't you guys just let it roll
> off your back?

Because when you do that racism snowballs and gets worse and worse, why
are you so weak as to say something stupid and then cry like this when
you get the criticism you should've known you'd get. Did you really
think you could call someone a racist name and have nobody challenge it?

That's what's wrong with the US, people getting pissed
> off over absolutly nothing.


Racism is not "absolutely nothing".

>
> I have nothing but love for all of you people, I even forgive the people
> who flamed me.

Oh that's so kind of you, do you forgive people for being Japanese?

Because their not spiritual evolved enough to think above
> it.

So racism is spiritual evolution is it? Please define "Spiritual
Evolution" that oughta be good for a laugh.


>
> I said "jap"...I wonder how you all in your real lives?

"I wonder how you all in your real lives" What does that mean?
>
> God Bless...

Fuck religion.

>
> -Alicia
I still think you're in the wrong. Not because you're a woman, not
because I'm "spiritually unevolved", not cause I have no life and not
not cuz I'm trying to "intimidate" you, but because I ACTUALLY think you
are wrong. Can you handle the idea of someone legitimately disagreeing
with you? I don't think you can. Tiny minds have huge egos and rarely
admit when they're wrong.

Art Prole

unread,
May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98
to

The Urban Terrorist wrote in message <01bd84ea$f717fcc0$4e05c6d1@default>...
>> I even forgive the people who flamed me. Because their not


>> spiritual evolved enough to think above it.

>> I said "jap"...I wonder how you all in your real lives?
>
>

>Makes little sense and it's choppy. -5


I think it should read " Because they're not spiritually evolved enough to
think above it." Though it still doesn't make any sense.
I have no idea what it is to "think above it." Maybe that's what's wrong
with the U.S.
I used to wonder "how you all in your real lives" too, but then I finished
3d grade and stopped spewing nonsense.

>
>81 B-

>Not bad Alicia...

I'd say not bad until the last paragraph. Then whatever self-medicating
s/he's doing must have kicked in.

--Joel


Dharma828

unread,
May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98
to

You flame me for apologizing for my flames?

And about the God Bless..how dare you say I don't mean it. That upsets me.

-Alicia

Dharma828

unread,
May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98
to

Just to kill your lil' hypothesis, I don't wear many skirts. Abused little
girl? Hardly..

Alicia Snow

unread,
May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98
to

Kevin Turnquist wrote:

>
> Dharma828 <dhar...@aol.com> wrote:
> > You flame me for apologizing for my flames?
>
> When you read, does only every third word get through? Did you actually
> read the entire post? Did I not say this was not a flame (by newsgroup
> flaming standards, anyway)?
> An apology is worthless if you turn around and perform the same behavior the
> next day (or even later the same day sometimes). Perhaps the meaning of the
> word "hypocrisy" escaped you?

You want me to be quite honest with you, when someone flames me, or has
something bad to say I usually don't read the whole post. You caught me.

> > And about the God Bless..how dare you say I don't mean it. That upsets me.
>

> Well, let's see. You call people morons, jerks, and yell at them to get
> off the newsgroup because they don't post to your specifications. You
> swear and rant at them, but oh yeah, bless you.

I'm weird..so sue me. I still want all the morons, jerks and assholes to
be blessed by God and live a good life as well. Were all human beings,
although I may not agree with you. But I will tell you when I disagree
even if that does include calling someone a name, like dickhead.

God loves each and every one of you people...

-Alicia

Kevin Turnquist

unread,
May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98
to

Alicia Snow <ali...@abcs.com> wrote:
> Kevin Turnquist wrote:

<snip>

> You want me to be quite honest with you, when someone flames me, or has
> something bad to say I usually don't read the whole post. You caught me.

Must be hard to take constructive criticism if you tune out bad things
said about something you did, etc.
And what in my post takes it from being a disagreement with your
philosophy/actions to a flame? I'm kinda interested in what you define
"flame" as being. I don't call you names (except echo words you have used
in a post like the plea for your rep), so does saying you appear to be a bit
of a hypocrite qualify? Have you shown otherwise?

>> > And about the God Bless..how dare you say I don't mean it. That upsets me.
>> Well, let's see. You call people morons, jerks, and yell at them to get
>> off the newsgroup because they don't post to your specifications. You
>> swear and rant at them, but oh yeah, bless you.

> I'm weird..so sue me. I still want all the morons, jerks and assholes to
> be blessed by God and live a good life as well. Were all human beings,
> although I may not agree with you. But I will tell you when I disagree
> even if that does include calling someone a name, like dickhead.

That's fine and noble (no sarcasm, actually)...but do you mean it? Can
you rip someone's character and then do that? I'd think that in replacement
for foul language in your disagreements, you'd be civil. That alone would
replace a hundred "blessings."

> God loves each and every one of you people...

But does Alicia? Since you are being Biblical about it, I'm sure you know
what I'm talking about.

Alicia Snow

unread,
May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98
to

Kevin Turnquist wrote:
>
> That's fine and noble (no sarcasm, actually)...but do you mean it? Can
> you rip someone's character and then do that? I'd think that in replacement
> for foul language in your disagreements, you'd be civil. That alone would
> replace a hundred "blessings."

Actually I mean it with every intention.

> > God loves each and every one of you people...
>
> But does Alicia? Since you are being Biblical about it, I'm sure you know
> what I'm talking about.

I try to see the divine in everyone. And about being biblical..I don't
read the bible. The only scriptures I read are of the Vedic kind. I
subscribe to eastern religion like Hinduism. But I'm not Hindu and I'm
not diehard I still think they have a wonderful veiw of life, God,
sexuality and just about everything else. Hell, they invented the Kama
Sutra. Christians get on my nerves with there everyone's a sinner
bullshit.

-Alicia

Jonathan Snowden & Kristina Kendall

unread,
May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98
to Alicia Snow

Alicia Snow wrote:
>
> Kevin Turnquist wrote:
> >
> > Dharma828 <dhar...@aol.com> wrote:
> > > You flame me for apologizing for my flames?
> >
> > When you read, does only every third word get through? Did you actually
> > read the entire post? Did I not say this was not a flame (by newsgroup
> > flaming standards, anyway)?
> > An apology is worthless if you turn around and perform the same behavior the
> > next day (or even later the same day sometimes). Perhaps the meaning of the
> > word "hypocrisy" escaped you?
>
> You want me to be quite honest with you, when someone flames me, or has
> something bad to say I usually don't read the whole post. You caught me.
>
> > > And about the God Bless..how dare you say I don't mean it. That upsets me.
> >
> > Well, let's see. You call people morons, jerks, and yell at them to get
> > off the newsgroup because they don't post to your specifications. You
> > swear and rant at them, but oh yeah, bless you.
>
> I'm weird..so sue me. I still want all the morons, jerks and assholes to
> be blessed by God and live a good life as well. Were all human beings,
> although I may not agree with you. But I will tell you when I disagree
> even if that does include calling someone a name, like dickhead.
>
> God loves each and every one of you people...
>
> -Alicia
Except the "Japs" right?
J.S.

Kevin Turnquist

unread,
May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98
to

Alicia Snow <ali...@abcs.com> wrote:
> Kevin Turnquist wrote:
>>
>> That's fine and noble (no sarcasm, actually)...but do you mean it? Can
>> you rip someone's character and then do that? I'd think that in replacement
>> for foul language in your disagreements, you'd be civil. That alone would
>> replace a hundred "blessings."

> Actually I mean it with every intention.

Well, maybe there's hope for you yet. Assuming you don't let your temper
get the best of you. Do you see where I'm coming from with how it looks a
little funny to be giving good will to people you are tearing a new hole?

>> > God loves each and every one of you people...
>>

>> But does Alicia? Since you are being Biblical about it, I'm sure you know
>> what I'm talking about.

> I try to see the divine in everyone. And about being biblical..I don't
> read the bible. The only scriptures I read are of the Vedic kind. I
> subscribe to eastern religion like Hinduism. But I'm not Hindu and I'm
> not diehard I still think they have a wonderful veiw of life, God,
> sexuality and just about everything else. Hell, they invented the Kama
> Sutra. Christians get on my nerves with there everyone's a sinner
> bullshit.

There is nothing wrong with trying to see the divine in others. That is a
good trait (see? I can be nice).
Well, not all Christians are like that (I'm not), but there certainly are
a good share. Any Christian who calls someone else a sinner is forgetting a
principle rule of the religion to begin with: God is judge. But I'll digress.

Systems Administrator, The Portage (www.portup.com) || Proud Member of JSAS

Dharma828

unread,
May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98
to

>> God loves each and every one of you people...
>>
>> -Alicia
>Except the "Japs" right?

Yes..even the Japs. ;)

-Alicia

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages