McMahon screws Hart: Work or Shoot?

Craig Utley

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

Ok, after reviewing the tape, it sure appears that Vince screwed Hart.
However, that would be REALLY BAD for signing talent in the future.
Imagine, for a minute, that this is all a work. It's a stretch, but let's
consider it.

You can now have Bret Hart claiming he was screwed again. He can show on
the tape that he never tapped out. The ref jumped the gun, etc. He can
demand another match, tomorrow night on Raw, and win the belt back. That
gives him 6 times. Now, he can drop the belt to Austin before he leaves.

Was it a work? I don't think so. But if it was, it was a great job. Bret
and Shawn both looked pissed. Bret was reversing the sharp-shooter on
Shawn. Bret spit in McMahon's face.

Again, if it was a work, it sure has almost everyone fooled.

--
(Remove the NOSPAM from my e-mail address to reply)

Lagana

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

>- The ref called for the bell and got out of the ring without actually
>delaring
> a winnner. Unusual isn't it.
>- Bret and Shawn were still involved with the match. Hart was countering the
> move when Vince walked up.
>-Shawn looked at Vince confused and said, "what the *#ck was was that?"
>-Bret spits in Vinces' face.
> -HHH shows up and he looked confused. He just could Shawn out of there.
>
>Shoot if you ask me.

Well i've watched the tape a couple of times...this is what i saw. Shawn puts
sharpshooter on. Ref calls for bell. Shawn goes to release the hold but bret
falls on his leg and wont let go. The REF got out of the ring very quickly so
Bret couldn't go after him and shawn was trying to get out of the ring but
bret wouldn't let him. Thats WHY he was upset.

SFG98

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

>Ok, after reviewing the tape, it sure appears that Vince screwed Hart.
>However, that would be REALLY BAD for signing talent in the future.
>Imagine, for a minute, that this is all a work. It's a stretch, but let's
>consider it.

Yes, after reviewing the tape, I notice a few things also.

-Was Vince around before this match. I don't remember hearing his pattened
"1-2-3 he got him, no he didn't"

- The ref called for the bell and got out of the ring without actually delaring
a winnner. Unusual isn't it.
- Bret and Shawn were still involved with the match. Hart was countering the
move when Vince walked up.
-Shawn looked at Vince confused and said, "what the *#ck was was that?"
-Bret spits in Vinces' face.
-HHH shows up and he looked confused. He just could Shawn out of there.

Shoot if you ask me.

I guess Vince read my post on taking control of his workers and company. I am
glad he listened to me, but I am saddened that he did it in this fashion.

David

Powrhug

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

"Craig Utley" <cdu...@NOSPAM.ntr.net> wrote:

>Was it a work? I don't think so. But if it was, it was a great job. Bret
>and Shawn both looked pissed. Bret was reversing the sharp-shooter on
>Shawn. Bret spit in McMahon's face.
>
>Again, if it was a work, it sure has almost everyone fooled.

Does everyone remember HBK's collapse on RAW? Vince came out
from behind the table, Jerry looked concerned and didn't know
what to say, and Owen stopped immmediately and looked confused
as to what to do. The majority of the people on this group
SWORE up and down that it was real (myself included).

If I've learned anything at all in my 3 1/2 years on this group
(has it really been that long?) it's that-if it looks like a
shoot, sounds like a shoot, acts like a shoot, then it's a
work.

Not to say Bret isn't leaving, I have no idea-but what you saw
last night was definitely an angle-I'll be the farm on that.

Later,
Kare

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/4839/powrhug.html
Powrful Thoughts-A Woman's View of Professional Wrestling

David Blazina

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

Craig Utley <cdu...@NOSPAM.ntr.net> wrote in article

> Was it a work? I don't think so. But if it was, it was a great job.
Bret
> and Shawn both looked pissed. Bret was reversing the sharp-shooter on
> Shawn. Bret spit in McMahon's face.

The reason I think it's a work is because it's entertainment, it's a
*show*, they're supposed to *act* pissed or confused or whatever. When
Chandler zings Rachel on "Friends" nobody says "Oh damn, that was a shoot!
she looked pissed!"

Dave

Manzerman

Nov 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/12/97

It was shoot. Remember, this is not the first time Vince has jerked a wrestler
like this. Dies anybody remember the Fabulous Moolah (Spider Lady) vs Wendi
Richter match, where Wendi was surprised and mad as hell that they slapped
athree count on her and ran outta the ring with her title the same way.

Wendi was working, but Moolah was not selling her moves. The first time Wendi
sold a pin attempt from Moolah, Dick Kroll slapped a three count on her, even
though she had kicked out on the two count, and was CLEARLY nowhere near being
pinned. I new she had gotten jobbed because the bell rung and she looked so
confused, that she kept working, thinking the bell was inadvertant.
But Moolah stopped working altogetherand ran to Dick Kroll, who was holding the
belt in his hands.

Wendi went over and took the belt away from Moolah, and refused to give it back
to either Kroll or Moolah, arguing that she was not pinned. Eventually, Moolah
and Kroll left the ring without the belt, leaving Wendi in the ring, pacing
back and forth shouting her disapproval of what had transpired.

Wendi immediately left the WWF after this.

It's just Vince's way of saying goodbye.

Manzer