Pennsylvania Cards

Timothy A. Walker

Apr 8, 1994, 8:38:26 PM4/8/94
American Commonwealth Wrestling will present its next card on Friday,
April 22 at 8:00 P.M. at the East Juanita High School in Cocolamus, PA.
The main event will feature a Flag Match pitting "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs.
Vladimir Koloff with special guest referee Terry Funk. Other matches
signed include: Doink the Clown vs. 3-D, Chris Benoit vs. "Hard Rock"
Ricky Blues, Johnny Gunn vs. Max Thrasher, ACW heavyweight champion Giant
T. Rantula vs. Glenn Osbourne, The Bad Crew vs. The Goodfellas, Rip Sawyer
vs. Derrick Domino, and ACW Keystone State champion Lord Zoltan vs. Johnny
Graham. Advance ringside tickets are $12.00 and general admission $10.00.
ACW will also be in Berwyn, PA on Saturday, April 23 at 7:00 p.m. at the
Conestoga High School with a triple main event featuring "Hacksaw" Jim
Duggan vs. 3-D, Terry Funk vs. Doink the Clown, and a special tag team
survivors match pitting The Blackharts, Goodfellas, Bad Crew, Drifters,
and Ivan and Vladimir Koloff against each other. ACW heavyweight champion
T. Rantula will meet Glenn Osbourne plus more. Also just signed for
special appearances on both cards - Smoky Mountain Wrestling's Darryl Van
Horne. Ringside tickets are $12.00 and general admission $10.00. For more
information on either card, please call 610-682-6579.

Rockin' Rick

Apr 14, 1994, 12:57:21 PM4/14/94
Timothy....@aims.gettysburg.edu ("Timothy A. Walker") writes:

> American Commonwealth Wrestling will present its next card on Friday,
>April 22 at 8:00 P.M. at the East Juanita High School in Cocolamus, PA.
>The main event will feature a Flag Match pitting "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs.
>Vladimir Koloff with special guest referee Terry Funk. Other matches
>signed include: Doink the Clown vs. 3-D, Chris Benoit vs. "Hard Rock"
>Ricky Blues, Johnny Gunn vs. Max Thrasher, ACW heavyweight champion Giant

^^^^^

>T. Rantula vs. Glenn Osbourne, The Bad Crew vs. The Goodfellas, Rip Sawyer

^^^^^^^^^^

Wasn't he a Garbage Pail Kid? That gimmick's almost as bad as that
"Rude Dog" thing I saw in the GWF yesterday. For those of you who have
not seen this wonder of nature, be informed that he is managed by Crazy
Mike Davis (strike one), eats dog biscuits during the match (strike two),
and when he is on the defensive, instead of sitting up like the Undertaker
does when he is knocked off his feet, he flips over on all fours and growls
at his opponent (strike three). HELP!!!!!

--
Rockin' Rick Silver rsi...@eden.rutgers.edu
"A friend in need is a pest" -- Bobby "the brain" Heenan

Hrz11 acct

Apr 14, 1994, 2:23:59 PM4/14/94
In article 4...@er6.rutgers.edu, rsi...@er6.rutgers.edu (Rockin' Rick) writes:

>Wasn't he a Garbage Pail Kid? That gimmick's almost as bad as that
>"Rude Dog" thing I saw in the GWF yesterday. For those of you who have
>not seen this wonder of nature, be informed that he is managed by Crazy
>Mike Davis (strike one), eats dog biscuits during the match (strike two),
>and when he is on the defensive, instead of sitting up like the Undertaker
>does when he is knocked off his feet, he flips over on all fours and growls
>at his opponent (strike three). HELP!!!!!

I saw that "match" as well. Against 1/2 of the "Indian Nations".

This was one of the poorest of characters I've seen in a long time.
This Dog puts on the look of the Sheik, bites, does little wrestling for
10 minutes, then suddenly comes alive and the match is over.

I don't know how these promoters and bookers can expect to grow their
business with this type of tripe.

Dave Scheid