[PW] Reason Why Rey Mysterio Missed WWE Raw This Week

1 view

ProWrestling.com

Aug 30, 2019, 3:48:36 PM8/30/19

ProWrestling.com

Reason Why Rey Mysterio Missed WWE Raw This Week

https://www.prowrestling.com/reason-why-rey-mysterio-missed-wwe-raw-this-week/

WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio was missing from WWE Raw this week, despite his
storyline teasing retirement starting the previous week.

Mysterio has been confirmed to appear next week on WWE Raw where the
storyline will continue, but the reason for him not appearing this week has
been revealed, as Mysterio was away getting further stem cell procedures.

View this post on Instagram

I had an Intrathecal Stem Cell application yesterday by Dr. Halpert & have
to admit that I could not have been in better hands despite the size of the
needle that was never showed to me until after the procedure!
#LoveTheBioXStaff @bioxcellerator_ is giving me & those who have been here
a healthier & better way of living! Need info .. talk to my homie
@iowahawksfan06
A post shared by Rey Mysterio (@619iamlucha) on Aug 29, 2019 at 11:32am PDT

The post Reason Why Rey Mysterio Missed WWE Raw This Week appeared first on
ProWrestling.com.

Lio Rush Admits He Doesnt Know When He Will Return To WWE, Claims He Is
Focusing On Wrestling

https://www.prowrestling.com/lio-rush-admits-he-doesnt-know-when-he-will-return-to-wwe/

WWE Superstar, Lio Rush, recently spoke with HipHopDX where he admitted he
doesnt know what his future is within WWE and if he will work again.

Rush has been absent from WWE for over half-a-year at this point due to
backstage issues and he currently doesnt know what the future holds,
although he does want to focus on his music career.

“It’s a very strange thing,” Lio told HipHopDX. “WWE has so many employees
and talent. They’ve got SmackDown, RAW and NXT. And on top of those brands,
they have so many wrestlers and people that aren’t on TV. It’s just one big
wheel and once one thing is done, the next thing just keeps on going. A lot
of the times, things don’t pan out or work out the way that they thought
they would. So, this time that I’m spending right now is just reevaluating,
being at home with my family and working on other projects that I’ve always
wanted to work on, which was the single, and hopefully more music in the
future.”

The post Lio Rush Admits He Doesnt Know When He Will Return To WWE, Claims
He Is Focusing On Wrestling appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Renee Young Talks Learning To Commentate On Raw, Responding To Criticism,
More

https://www.prowrestling.com/renee-young-talks-learning-to-commentate-on-raw-responding-to-criticism-more/

WWE Raw commentator, Renee Young recently spoke with Alicia Atout where she
spoke about her new role in WWE and dealing with criticism online.

Young got the social media world buzzing earlier this year when she openly
responded to a fan who was complaining about her commentary and she
reflected on that:

Its funny because when it happened I was like, Do I respond to this? I was
mulling it over just because I have my own insecurities with it anyway so
its like picking at that scab, but I was really surprised with how people
reacted about it. I think just talking from my heart really got to people
it was really cool.

Renee Young then went on to talk about her role on commentary and how she
is learning on the job:

When I first started out hosting, it didnt really go anywhere, nobody
really saw them so I could figure my stuff out much earlier without people
seeing it. But now, trying on this new hat of doing commentary its like, I
am stepping on there and doing commentary, I wasnt groomed for that spot, I
wasnt in the booth so I am learning this new skill on Monday Night Raw. No
pressure babe. Theres good days and bad days and I am always open to
criticisms, but even if its good and you run into 5, 10 people who have an
opinion on it, you cant take them all.

Finally, she also spoke about always being a confident talker and having
the gift of the gab:

I have never had an issue speaking, so thats good. I used to get kicked out
of class all the time because I would never shut up, I always wanted to be
the class clown and I was always cracking jokes. I think thats why hosting
came so natural to me.

If any of the above quotes are used please H/T ProWrestling.com and credit
Alicia Atout for the interview, which you can see in full below:

The post Renee Young Talks Learning To Commentate On Raw, Responding To
Criticism, More appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

WATCH: WALTER And Tyler Bate Prepare For NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff

https://www.prowrestling.com/watch-walter-and-tyler-bate-prepare-for-nxt-uk-takeover-cardiff/

WWE has posted a detailed look at both WALTER and Tyler Bate preparing for
NXT UK Takeover: Cardiffs main event match for the UK Championship.

The video gives a detailed glimpse at both men, discussing their journeys
in wrestling providing fans with a behind the scenes look as they get ready
to collide tomorrow night.

The post WATCH: WALTER And Tyler Bate Prepare For NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff
appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Finn Balor And Veronica Rodriguez Tie The Knot

https://www.prowrestling.com/finn-balor-and-veronica-rodriguez-tie-the-knot/

Former Intercontinental Champion, Finn Balor has revealed that he and his
partner, Veronica Rodriguez, have got married this week.

Balor and the FOX Sports Reporter have been dating for some time now and
this past week the couple took the next step by officially getting married
with the happy couple sharing a few images on social media.

Finn hasnt been seen on WWE television since his SummerSlam loss to The
Fiend, with Balor taking a few months off the company to rest, likely
enjoying some time as a newly married man.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Finn Bálor Forever (@finnbalor) on Aug 29, 2019 at 3:46pm
PDT

View this post on Instagram

Welcome to the jungle #forevergang
A post shared by Finn Bálor Forever (@finnbalor) on Aug 24, 2019 at 4:04am
PDT

The post Finn Balor And Veronica Rodriguez Tie The Knot appeared first on
ProWrestling.com.

WWE NXT Live Event Results From Orlando, FL (8/29): Velveteen Dream vs Kyle
OReilly, Breezango Competes, More

https://www.prowrestling.com/wwe-nxt-live-event-results-from-orlando-fl-8-29-velveteen-dream-vs-kyle-oreilly/

WWE NXT Live Event Results

Orlando, Florida

29/08/2019

Results courtesy of Fightful.com

1- The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) def. Team 3.0 (Chase
Parker & Matt Martel)

2- Bianca Belair def. Taynara Conti

3- Cezar Bononi def. Denzel DeJournette

4- Damian Priest def. Danny Burch

5- Breezango (Taylor Breeze & Fandango) def. The Forgotten Sons (Wesley
Blake & Steve Cutler)

6- Kushida & Jordan Myles def. The Outliers (Dorian Mak & Riddick Moss) (w/
Robert Stone)

7- Dexter Lumis def. Daniel Vidot

8- Marina Shafir def. Reina Gonzalez

NXT North American Championship Match

9- Velveteen Dream (c) def. Kyle OReilly to retain

The post WWE NXT Live Event Results From Orlando, FL (8/29): Velveteen
Dream vs Kyle OReilly, Breezango Competes, More appeared first on
ProWrestling.com.

Grizled Young Veterans Talk NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff, On Making History,
More

https://www.prowrestling.com/grizled-young-veterans-talk-nxt-uk-takeover-cardiff-on-making-history-more/

The NXT UK Tag Team Champions, Grizzled Young Veterans, recently spoke with
Alex McCarthy of Talk Sport ahead of tomorrows NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff
event.

On making history at NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool:

Zack Gibson:

It’s hard to put into words. Our whole journey was about getting to WWE and
to be the best we can be when we get there. So, to get to TakeOver:
Blackpool – which two minutes down the road from James’ house – and put our
names in the history books as the first-ever tag team champions… I remember
coming backstage and you’ve got Triple H and Shawn Michaels waiting for
you, telling you it was incredible, you’ve stolen the show – it was
incredible. And they sent title belts home to our families, just
incredible. Still, up to this point, one of the best moments of my life.
Hopefully, tomorrow is going to top it – we’ve got a lot of crazy stuff
lined up so it’s definitely one not to miss.

On the roster being hungry to perform at NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff:

James Drake:

Yeah, definitely. With the generation of what we are now, we all take a lot
of pride in our work. So basically, over the last 10 years we’ve seen a
boom in British wrestling and that’s mainly because of the generation you
see in NXT UK now. We’ve all evolved and put a lot of effort and time into,
hopefully, one day having this opportunity. It’s hard to put into words,
but all I can say is everyone is going out there to put on the best show,
everyone is going out there to steal the show, make a bigger name for
themselves, make NXT UK bigger than it already it has become. Cardiff is
just another cornerstone.

Where Takeover should go next:

Zack Gibson:

Anfield! Capital of culture, the best city in the world and I’m not just
saying that because I’m from there. I’ve seen plenty of the world and I’ve
compared it and nothing compares to Liverpool. TakeOver Liverpool would be
the dream but there is a ton of other cities… they all want TakeOver. All
of the talents would love TakeOver in their town. I say Liverpool and I
would be right, but it’s not down to me. It’s down to Johnny Saint.

Jordan Devlin wants to see TakeOver go over to Ireland, Dave Mastiff wants
to see it go to the Black Country, but one thing that is going to put them
all off is tuning in on Saturday and watching two Welsh lads in Flash
Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews, two lads who got their wish in Cardiff and
they got embarrassed in front of all of their family and friends.
Hopefully, the rest of the roster will realise having a TakeOver in their
own back garden is a bad idea while James Drake and I are on the roster.

The post Grizled Young Veterans Talk NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff, On Making
History, More appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Nikki Bella Posts Emotional Message About Josie The Dog

https://www.prowrestling.com/nikki-bella-posts-emotional-message-about-josie-the-dog/

Yesterday Brie Bella announced the sad news that their dog, Josie, had
suddenly died, and Nikki Bella has now posted an emotional message about
her.

Nikki posted that it was the hardest message she has had to write, posting
about how much Josie meant to her and the Bella family, sharing several
images and videos to remember her.

View this post on Instagram

This post has been the hardest yet to write. It’s been an extremely sad
day. We lost our sweet little girl today. Oh our sweet, sweet Josie, you
gave our family the most beautiful gift, unconditional love. You loved us
all so much, made us so happy, our saddest and darkest days you would bring
us so much light, your kisses were so warm and filled with such comfort,
your tongue had so much personality, you are truly such a beautiful soul. I
will miss everything about you. Thank you for some of the best memories of
my life. You will be forever missed and loved. And always remembered.
Forever our the first girl of the family. Fur baby or human, you were my
niece and my love for you was and is unconditional. Sweet dreams my baby
girl. RIP.
A post shared by Nikki Bella (@thenikkibella) on Aug 29, 2019 at 7:47pm PDT

The post Nikki Bella Posts Emotional Message About Josie The Dog appeared
first on ProWrestling.com.

Rhea Ripley Comments On Confronting Shayna Baszler & Hypes NXT UK Takeover:
Cardiff

https://www.prowrestling.com/rhea-ripley-comments-on-confronting-shayna-baszler-hypes-nxt-uk-takeover-cardiff/

Top NXT and NXT UK Superstar, Rhea Ripley has commented on her impressive
week with her confrontation with Shayna Baszler and NXT UK Takeover.

Ripley made a surprise appearance on WWE NXT this week when she confronted
Shayna Baszler, taking the microphone from her and making it clear she
wants the NXT Womens Championship.

On social media, Ripley stated that she confronted the champ champ and left
her running with her tail between her legs. However, she then put her focus
on Saturdays NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff where she is set to face Piper Niven,
stating she is ready to put her in her place.

Last night on @wwenxt I confronted the ‘Champ Champ’ Shayna Baszler and
left her running with her tail between her legs Now I’m heading to NXT UK
TakeOver Cardiff to prove my dominance and put Piper Niven back in her
place! pic.twitter.com/iY0yUpgn3G

- RheaRipley_WWE (@RheaRipley_WWE) August 29, 2019

The post Rhea Ripley Comments On Confronting Shayna Baszler Hypes NXT UK
Takeover: Cardiff appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

King of the Ring Quarterfinal Breakdown, Best of The Rock n Sock Connection

https://www.prowrestling.com/king-of-the-ring-quarterfinal-breakdown-best-of-the-rock-n-sock-connection/

King of the Ring Quarterfinal Breakdown

Cathy Kelley is in the studios rocking an incredible leather jacket,
breaking down the quarterfinal round of the 2019 King of the Ring
tournament. All four quarterfinal matches will play out on Monday Night Raw
and Smackdown Live next week, leading to the highly anticipated semifinal
bouts at Madison Square Garden in less than two weeks time.

Best of the Rock n Sock Connection

WWE has compiled a new YouTube playlist that is nearly a half hour long,
filled with some of the greatest moments of The Rock and Mick Foleys run
together as a tag team the beloved Rock n Sock Connection! Check out the
entire playlist below.

The post King of the Ring Quarterfinal Breakdown, Best of The Rock n Sock
Connection appeared first on ProWrestling.com.