[PW] Dominic Garrini Set For MLW Debut In Dallas

1 view

ProWrestling.com

Aug 29, 2019, 4:07:02 PM8/29/19

ProWrestling.com

Dominic Garrini Set For MLW Debut In Dallas

https://www.prowrestling.com/dominic-garrini-set-for-mlw-debut-in-dallas/

MLW issued the following:

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gold Medalist Dominic Garrini to make MLW debut
September 7 in Dallas

Veteran of over 200 BJJ matches goes Major League

Ice cold, calculated and quick to submit adversaries, The Crippler of
Canton, Ohio Dominic Garrini is a feared and respected grappler and hes
coming to MLW next Saturday night in Dallas.

Major League Wrestling today announced the MLW debut of  Dominic
Garrini at MLW: War Chamber at the NYTEX Sports Centre in the greater
Dallas/Ft. Worth area on September 7. The event will be a MLW FUSION TV
taping for beIN SPORTS.

Tickets start at $10 at http://www.MLWTickets.com.

Garrinis opponent will be revealed shortly.

Fighting out of Canton, Ohio Dominic Garrini is one of the most
accomplished Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioners in the sport.

Reaching the rarified air of being one of the top 10 ranked Brazilian Jiu
Jitsu practitioners in the world, Garrini is a top level athlete.
Representing Team East Coast Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Garrini often wears a Gi
to the ring and at times even fights in one with some theorizing giving him
the unfair advantage in bouts.

Garrini is currently a Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Chad Kuhn
and James Clingerman.

A veteran of over 200 competitive Jiu Jitsu matches and holding countless
gold medals from the IBJJF, ADCC, AGC, NAGA, Grapplers Quest and other
organizations, Garrini is as real as it gets.

Blending other disciplines, Garrini can transition from smothering you on
the mat to scrapping in hard-hitting brawls.

With unparalleled submission skills, Garrini has been acknowledged by
the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federations No Gi Rankings as a top ranked BJJ
competitor.

With a background in BJJ, judo and MMA, the Bone Collector now makes MLW
his hunting grounds reminding victims tap to submit, fight to survive.

See Dominic Garrini live September 7 in Dallas! Tickets available
at MLWTickets.com.

MORE ABOUT THE NYTEX SPORTS CENTRE:?

The NYTEX Sports Centre is a 2,400 seat multi-purpose arena in North
Richland Hills, Texas. The venue offers modern facilities, parking and easy
accessibility.  The NYTEX Sports Centre provides the highest quality
service makes the venue a premier event destination.

The venue is located at: 8851 Ice House Drive, North Richland Hills, TX
76180

PARKING:

Adjacent paved lots provide ample parking.

Buy General Admission tickets starting at $10 at MLWTickets.com.

Confirmed for September 7:

FIRST-EVER WAR CHAMBER MATCH

The Von Erichs, Filthy Tom Lawlor & ??? (cornered by Kevin Von Erich) vs.
CONTRA Unit

2/3 FALLS WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Hart Foundation vs. The Dynasty (c)

BUNKHOUSE MATCH

Mance Warner vs. Jimmy Havoc (presented by Salina de la Renta)

Austin Aries vs. Brian Pillman Jr.

¡LUCHA LIBRE!

Los Parks (presented by Salina de la Renta) vs. Séptimo Dragón & Magnus

A tribute to Gary Hart

Timothy Thatcher vs. Douglas James

The debut of Dominic Garrini

Some of the athletes and talent signed to compete and appear include:

Low Ki • Injustices Myron Reed, Jordan Oliver & Kotto Brazil • Gringo Loco
• Zenshi • Air Wolf • Ace Austin • The Spirit Squad and more!

Matches and more wrestlers will be announced at MLW.com.

Tickets start at $10 at MLWtickets.com.  Tickets will also be available day
of show at the box office unless the event sales out in advance.

VIP ticket holders special access starting at 5:30 p.m.

General Public Doors Open: 6:00 p.m. with a bell time of: 7:00 p.m.

The post Dominic Garrini Set For MLW Debut In Dallas appeared first on
ProWrestling.com.

IMPACT Wrestling Lands New Media Rights Deal In Philippines

https://www.prowrestling.com/impact-wrestling-lands-new-media-rights-deal-in-philippines/

IMPACT Wrestling issued the following:

IMPACT Wrestling Announces New Media Rights Deal with TAPDMV in the
Philippines

New broadcast partnership covers more than 600 broadcast hours of IMPACT
Wrestling programming on TAP EDGE

TORONTO | MANILA – IMPACT Wrestling, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports &
Entertainment, announced today a new broadcast deal with Tap Digital Media
Ventures Corp. (TAPDMV) to broadcast its flagship weekly show IMPACT! on
TAP EDGE across the Philippines beginning this September.

TAP EDGE will also broadcast all major pay-per-view events, including the
annual extravaganza Bound For Glory, which takes place on Oct. 20 in
Chicago, IL.

IMPACT! will air weekly on TAP EDGE on Saturday nights at 9:00 p.m. The
network can be found on SkyCable Channel 218.

“We have always seen tremendous engagement from our fans in the Philippines
across IMPACT Wrestling’s digital and social platforms,” said Ed Nordholm,
Chief Corporate Officer of Anthem Sports & Entertainment and president of
IMPACT Wrestling. “We are excited to expand our presence in the Filipino
market through our new broadcast partnership with TAPDMV.”

“We are thrilled to bring IMPACT Wrestling to the Philippines,” said
Celinda De Guia, president and CEO of TAPDMV. “Filipinos have always loved
wrestling and there’s a renewed interest with a growing community of both
new and longtime wrestling fans in the country. Our plan is to make IMPACT
Wrestling available on our linear and OTT platforms.”

Peter ChanLiong, TAPDMV COO, added: “IMPACT Wrestling is the perfect fit
for our channel, TAP EDGE. It truly complements our line-up of action
sports, MMA and Esports. We look forward to the excitement and thrills
IMPACT Wrestling will bring.”

For more information, visit www.impactwrestling.com.

About IMPACT Wrestling

IMPACT Wrestling is one of the world’s largest wrestling entertainment
properties, creating more than 300 hours of original content annually
across television and other digital platforms. IMPACT Wrestling specializes
in creating premium content, events, products, merchandise and music, as
well as the management and promotion of professional wrestlers. Its highly
successful flagship, IMPACT!, is broadcast globally, including Fridays at
10 p.m. ET/PT on Pursuit Channel and Twitch in the United States, Fight
Network and GameTV in Canada, Sony ESPN in India, 5STAR and Fight Network
in the United Kingdom, SuperSport in Africa, and MVStv in Mexico. IMPACT
Wrestling is a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp.

For more information visit www.impactwrestling.com.

About TAP

TAP (TAP Digital Media Ventures Corp.) is a multi-platform sports media
brand which aims to connect and engage with sports fans by bringing
together a robust collection of world-class programs and live sporting
events. With an array of exciting broadcasts that cater to different
audiences, TAP takes sports entertainment to greater heights with bold and
innovative ways to enjoy your favorite sports and lifestyle contents.

TAP offers a wide range of sports categories which include Tennis,
Volleyball, Basketball, Football, Contact Sports, Motorsport, Action
Sports, E-Sports, News and Lifestyle.

TAP brands include TAP Sports featuring popular and top-tier sports content
with big name athletes and live events; TAP W, the only female-oriented
sports channel featuring women’s sports, lifestyle, fitness and health; TAP
Edge featuring trendy and adrenaline pumping content for millennials;
and TAP Live, a free access streaming service offering both Linear and
Ad-Supported Video on Demand (AVOD).

The post IMPACT Wrestling Lands New Media Rights Deal In Philippines
appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Starrcast III Kicks Off Tonight in Chicago - Full Schedule of Events on
FITE TV

https://www.prowrestling.com/starrcast-iii-kicks-off-tonight-in-chicago-full-schedule-of-events-on-fite-tv/

Starrcast III is officially here, returning to the place where the madness
all began exactly one year ago the Hyatt Regency outside of Chicago, IL as
a part of All Elite Wrestlings All Out weekend.

A full dozen events will be broadcast live all around the world via FITE
TV, and if you pre-order the full weekend pass it is currently available
for an all-time low price of just $39.99. This includes tonights official
All Out press conference and weigh-in, a night with Cody Rhodes, and of
course CM Punk with a live microphone just hours before All Out goes live.

Heres a look at this weekends schedule:

Thursday, August 29

6:30pm ET Being The Elite Mailbag Live
8:00pm ET All Out Press Conference & Weigh-In
9:30pm ET From Undesirable to Undeniable w/ Cody Rhodes

Friday, August 30

11:00am ET Dean Malenko
1:00pm ET The Women of All Elite Wrestling
3:00pm ET The Art of Wrestling w/ Colt Cabana
5:00pm ET Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous w/ MJF
7:00pm ET Turner Memories w/ Jim Ross & Tony Schiavone
8:30pm ET Wrestling with Stereotypes
11:00pm ET Cock of the Talk w/ Joey Ryan

Saturday, August 31

11:00am ET Tales of a Hardcore Legend w/ Mick Foley
1:00pm ET Best in the World w/ CM Punk

The post Starrcast III Kicks Off Tonight in Chicago Full Schedule of
Events on FITE TV appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

We Rank Five Potential NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff Opponents For Cesaro

https://www.prowrestling.com/we-rank-five-potential-nxt-uk-takeover-cardiff-opponents-for-cesaro/

The Swiss Superman, Cesaro, revealed that he will be heading to Wales this
weekend to check out the NXT UK Takeover event, teasing that he might get
involved in a potential wrestling match.

During the first-ever NXT UK Takeover, Finn Balor made a surprise
appearance to compete against Jordan Devlin to help build some hype to the
brand and now WWE is sending Cesaro to do the same thing.

Unlike last time, WWE has pre-advertised Cesaros appearance, hoping that it
will bring more eyes to the show, especially on a day when NXT UK will be
compared to AEWs ALL OUT later on in the night. With an incredibly loaded
roster all hoping to be involved in the show, WWE has plenty of options for
how they could utilise Cesaro, and within this article, we will pick five
potential opponents he could face.

The post We Rank Five Potential NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff Opponents For
Cesaro appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Conflicting Reports on Enzo Amore & Big Cass Returning to WWE NXT

https://www.prowrestling.com/wwe-reportedly-in-talks-with-enzo-and-cass-about-a-wwe-return/

According to a report by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter,
WWE has contacted Enzo Amore and Big Cass about a possible return to the
company.

The idea is that WWE would like the once-popular tag team to return to the
NXT brand as a big surprise for the shows move to a live, two-hour timeslot
on the USA Network, starting Wednesday October 2.

Amore was fired by WWE in early 2018 while holding the Cruiserweight
Championship amid allegations of sexual misconduct, and reportedly failing
to inform the company of what he was up against. Cass was released six
months later due to behavioral issues.

Enzo showed up in the front few rows of the 2018 WWE Survivor Series
pay-per-view and was escorted out of the building by security after causing
a scene. He and Cass both turned up in the crowd at G1 Supercard at Madison
Square Garden this April, but that was a planned segment with Ring of Honor
that received a lot of heat, and never panned out into a return to the ring.

UPDATE: For what its worth, Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com is refuting this
story, originally posted by the Observer, claiming there is no basis to the
story and there have been zero discussions between WWE and the former tag
team.

The post Conflicting Reports on Enzo Amore Big Cass Returning to WWE NXT
appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Daniel Bryan Reveals Lucha Libre Stars WWE Should Sign, Praises 205 Live
Talent

https://www.prowrestling.com/daniel-bryan-reveals-which-mexican-talents-wwe-should-sign/

Daniel Bryan recently spoke with William Beltran of SuperLuchas where he
revealed which Mexican talents WWE should sign if they can. Below are some
highlights, translated by WrestlingInc.com.

On who WWE should sign:

It is really difficult to choose, Bryan explained, which was translated
through Google Translate. My favorites are now too old to go to WWE. I
could say, I want Negro Casas in WWE or Blue Panther. I love Negro Casas.
The first time I saw a match of his was around 1987, but he is amazing. In
2019 he is still impressive.

I have a lot of respect for them, but thinking about who could do it now in
WWE, someone like Rush could. I think Bandito would do well; Dragon Lee
could also succeed.

Praise for Gran Metalik:

And I hate to say it, but even if I say, Oh, we need to bring this guy to
WWE, it could be argued that we already have several that are spectacular,
like Gran Metalik, which is one reason I watch 205 Live. Gran Metalik is
fantastic!

The post Daniel Bryan Reveals Lucha Libre Stars WWE Should Sign, Praises
205 Live Talent appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

WATCH: Jordan Devlin Sends A Direct Message To Johnny Saint

https://www.prowrestling.com/watch-jordan-devlin-sends-a-direct-message-to-johnny-saint/

WWEs YouTube channel has uploaded a brand new video from NXT UK, featuring
Jordan Devlin sending a direct message to the GM, Johnny Saint.

Devlin claims that his performance and efforts against Kenny Williams were
a direct message to the NXT UK General Manager, claiming he will not play
by his rules after being left off the NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff match card.

The post WATCH: Jordan Devlin Sends A Direct Message To Johnny Saint
appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Superstar Ink: Rey Mysterios Tattoo Tribute To Eddie Guerrero

https://www.prowrestling.com/superstar-ink-rey-mysterios-tattoo-tribute-to-eddie-guerrero/

WWE has uploaded a brand new video to its YouTube channel from the latest
Superstar Inked, looking at Rey Mysterios tribute to Eddie Guerrero.

Within the episode, Rey Mysterio chats with Corey Graves about some of his
most meaningful tattoos, with his tribute to Eddie being one of those.

The post Superstar Ink: Rey Mysterios Tattoo Tribute To Eddie Guerrero
appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Matt Hardy Believes He Has More To Offer Wrestling, Talks NXT/AEW War, More

https://www.prowrestling.com/matt-hardy-believes-he-has-more-to-offer-wrestling-talks-nxt-aew-war-more/

WWE veteran, Matt Hardy, hosted a Q&A on Twitter this week where he claimed
that he has a lot more to offer the wrestling industry before he retires.

Hardy has been mainly kept on the sidelines since Jeff Hardy was injured,
with Matt mainly being used in 24/7 Championship segments, however, he does
believe he has more to offer the business.

I don’t have to have/need a WWE World Title reign to feel complete. I just
want real opportunities to contribute & entertain for the remainder of time
I have left. I honestly feel I have a lot left to give & offer a promotion
on the global stage as an in ring talent. https://t.co/tgh1zxRKSO

- The VESSEL of Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) August 29, 2019

Hardy was also asked whether or not there will be more House Hardy episodes
on the WWE Network, with Matt admitting that he hopes a new one will be
filmed soon, although he would like to do five or six a year.

Hopefully soon. In a perfect world, I’d like to produce 4-6 #HouseHardy
episodes a year on the WWE network. https://t.co/4mBAq7daya

- The VESSEL of Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) August 29, 2019

Hardy was also asked about his thoughts on the upcoming NXT/AEW Wednesday
night wars, with Matt claiming it is good for the industry, the performers,
and the fans.

I think it’s good for the industry, the performers & the fans. Competition
forces everyone to be more creative & work harder. https://t.co/Iiwe2bgsR5

- The VESSEL of Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) August 29, 2019

Matt Hardy also revealed that there was a deal on the table from New Japan
Pro Wrestling for him before he re-signed with WWE back in 2017.

Every option was on the table before we re-signed with WWE in 2017.
https://t.co/Dn5bcv40v4

- The VESSEL of Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) August 29, 2019

The post Matt Hardy Believes He Has More To Offer Wrestling, Talks NXT/AEW
War, More appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Jon Moxley Pulled from Starrcast III Panel & Appearances

https://www.prowrestling.com/jon-moxley-pulled-from-starrcast-lll-new-schedule-to-be-released/

It is further bad news for Jon Moxley today as it has been announced that
the AEW athlete will not be able to appear at Starrcast lll this weekend.

The former WWE Superstar had been pulled from Saturdays ALL OUT event due
to an MRSA staph infection, which has led to PAC taking his place in the
marquee match against Kenny Omega at the pay-per-view. However, it was
unknown whether or not he would be able to travel to Chicago for the
Starrcast ll convention.

Unfortunately today, Conrad Thompson has revealed that Moxley is not able
to travel and therefore his appearances have been pulled from the
convention. His planned meet and greet has been cancelled with refunds
being processed for people, as well as his show being pulled from the
event, with Thompson promising a new schedule tomorrow.

We received word today that unfortunately @JonMoxley won’t be able to
travel to @StarrcastEvents. Once he got the word from his doctor he told
us, “I’m sorry, this sucks.” I’m sure we all echo those sentiments. We wish
him a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him soon.

— Conrad the Mortgage Guy (@HeyHeyItsConrad) August 29, 2019

Everyone who purchased his meet and greet has been notified via email.
Refunds will begin being processed tomorrow. His stage show has been
cancelled and a new schedule will be released tomorrow.

— Conrad the Mortgage Guy (@HeyHeyItsConrad) August 29, 2019

The post Jon Moxley Pulled from Starrcast III Panel Appearances appeared
first on ProWrestling.com.