[WR] (WATCH): He Can Do That Too. Xavier Woods Cosplays As The IIconics And Its Pretty Awesome.

WrestlingRumors.net

Sep 1, 2019, 12:11:32 PM9/1/19

WrestlingRumors.net

(WATCH): He Can Do That Too. Xavier Woods Cosplays As The IIconics And Its
Pretty Awesome.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/watch-can-xavier-woods-cosplays-iiconics-pretty-awesome/

I….don’t know what to think about this. To say that the New Day is one of
the most popular stables of all time is quite the understatement. Their
longevity is nearly unmatched in modern WWE and their merchandise sales
have been quite strong throughout their entire run. A big reason for that
is due to their comedy, which has been quite the hit. One of them is doing
some on his own and it’s quite the sight.

Xavier Woods has released a new Instagram video of himself and his friend
Mikail Mosley cosplaying as the IIconics. The cosplay costumes were put
together for Dragon Con in Atlanta, Georgia over the weekend. Woods seems
to be portraying Billie Kay to Mosley’s Peyton Royce in the video, which
includes both entrance music as well as the IIconics’ signature entrance.

This one is almost hard to believe. Check out Woods’ rather funny video:
[This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: I’m not sure what to think of this one and I have a feeling I’m
not alone in that feeling. Woods is one of the funniest wrestlers in the
business today and he certainly seems talented at something like this. If
nothing else it is hilarious to see him imitate someone as over the top as
the IIconics, who are probably a bit harder to imitate than it would seem.
Woods can do a lot of things and it is great to see him have this kind of
success.

What do you think of the video? Who is the best wrestling impersonator you
have seen? Let us know in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at
kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw
Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and
encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post (WATCH): He Can Do That Too. Xavier Woods Cosplays As The
IIconics And Its Pretty Awesome. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

(VIDEO): An Old School Reunion. WWE Hall Of Famer Appears At AEW All Out
And Lays Out A Wrestler.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/old-school-reunion-wwe-hall-famer-appears-aew-lays-wrestler/

A strange reunion. All Out took place on Saturday night and there were all
kinds of things taking place on the show. With so many things going on, it
was hard to keep track of the biggest and more interesting things but that
is often the case on the larger shows. One thing that took place was a
major cameo, and it came as part of a bit of a reunion of a legendary team.

During the Cody vs. Shawn Spears match at All Out, Arn Anderson made his
AEW debut and gave Spears a spinebuster. The interference canceled out
Tully Blanchard, Anderson’s former tag team partner in the Four Horsemen,
who is now Spears’ manager. Anderson was released from his agent position
in WWE earlier this year, though there has been no word about him signing
with AEW.

Anderson can still do some of this stuff. Check out his appearance at All
Out:
[This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: I’ve been an Anderson fan for a long time now and it was cool to
see him appear on this show. Anderson would be incredibly valuable for AEW
as he has more experience and one of the best minds of the business than
almost anyone else in wrestling. There is a good reason that he was John
Cena’s hand picked agents for his matches and that could be very valuable
in AEW.

Do you want Anderson in AEW? Who else would you like to see make a cameo?
Let us know in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at
kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw
Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and
encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post (VIDEO): An Old School Reunion. WWE Hall Of Famer Appears At AEW
All Out And Lays Out A Wrestler. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

The Boss Speaks. Vince McMahon Responds To NXT UK Chanting About Him
During Takeover: Cardiff.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/boss-speaks-vince-mcmahon-responds-nxt-uk-chanting/

That could be good or terrifying. Vince McMahon is the most powerful man
in all of wrestling He rules the WWE with an iron fist and there is no one
close to what he can do in wrestling. Fans are well aware of this and it
makes sense that they would want McMahon to push wrestlers that they like.
They made their requests clear on Saturday and the boss actually responded.

During Saturday’s Takeover: Cardiff event, the fans chanted “ARE YOU
WATCHING VINCE MCMAHON” multiple times during the event in multiple
matches. The chants were meant to get McMahon’s attention and tell him
that various NXT UK wrestlers deserved more attention. McMahon actually
responded via Twitter, saying that he was watching and heard the fans.

I heard you, Cardiff. I’m watching and you are loud! #NXTUKTakeOver

- Vince McMahon (@VinceMcMahon) August 31, 2019

I wonder if he was watching this one. Check out Saturday’s main event:
[This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: I can believe that McMahon was watching the show (though it
wouldn’t shock me if he wasn’t, which was fair enough) but what matters
more than anything else is if things go anywhere. At the same time though,
some of these stars might be better off staying in NXT UK at the moment.
Some of the stars probably made an impression though and if they made it on
McMahon, good for them.

What was the most impressive match at Takeover? Who should be called up
first? Let us know in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at
kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw
Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and
encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post The Boss Speaks. Vince McMahon Responds To NXT UK Chanting About
Him During Takeover: Cardiff. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Lets Do This Again. Full Details Released For AEWs Next Pay Per View Event.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/lets-full-details-released-aews-next-pay-per-view-event/

So that’s next. All Out is over and done with and now comes all of the
fallout from the event. There were a lot of things that took place on the
show and while some of them may or may not have been to your liking, things
certainly did happen. What matters most though is where things are going
in the future for the company and now we know another detail in this area.

During All Out, AEW announced the details on their next pay per view. The
event will take place on Saturday November 9 at the Royal Farms Arena in
Baltimore, Maryland, under the name of Full Gear. No matches have been
announced for the event, though several of them are likely to be announced
once AEW debuts on television on October 2. At the moment, their next
event of any kind is scheduled to be the October 2 TNT show.

A lot of stuff happened on the show. Check out the All Out post show:
[This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: That show could be a bit more interesting, though it is certainly
close to their debut on TNT. The show will take place after only five
weekly shows, though that is better than having several weeks if not months
between each show. If nothing else, it should help things out a little bit
to not have to build every story on YouTube, as those things can only go so
far.

What did you think of All Out? What are you hoping to see at Full Gear?
Let us know in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at
kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw
Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and
encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post Lets Do This Again. Full Details Released For AEWs Next Pay Per
View Event. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Hope To See You Again. AEW Star Granted Release From Company.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/hope-see-aew-star-granted-release-company/

One down. AEW has quite the impressive roster with all kinds of names that
can take the company a long way. It very well may be their greatest
strength with some of the names they have to offer possibly being able to
counter some of WWE’s top talent. That can make things a lot more
interesting between the two companies, but one of them won’t be along for
the ride.

According to 411mania.com, AEW CEO Tony Khan has announced that Kylie Rae
has been released from her AEW contract. The announcement came during the
post All Out media scrum, with Khan saying that Rae requested to be
released from her deal. Rae only wrestled once for AEW and has not
wrestled anywhere since June. She has also recently deleted her Twitter
account and it is not clear why she wanted to leave the company.

She doesn’t have many highlights with the company. Check out her Double Or
Nothing entrance:
[This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: I’m not sure what to make about this but hopefully Rae just wanted
to do something else rather than having a serious problem. I have no idea
why she is leaving but it is a shame from a fan’s perspective as she
certainly had some potential to be a star, at least on some sort of a
level, in AEW. She was very entertaining over WrestleMania weekend and I
wanted to see more of her. Hopefully she’ll be back someday, but if it’s
better for her not to be, that’s what matters more.

What did you think of Rae? How big could she have been? Let us know in
the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at
kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw
Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and
encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post Hope To See You Again. AEW Star Granted Release From Company.
appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Welcome. Former Tag Team Champions Make Surprise AEW Debuts At All Out.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/welcome-former-tag-team-champions-make-surprise-aew-debuts/

They’re stacking that roster. In its short history, AEW has put a focus on
their tag team division with all kinds of top level teams. There is almost
no company in the world with a tag division that can come close to what
they are doing in that area and it is certainly a strength of theirs. They
weren’t done yet though as the division has now gotten even deeper than
before.

On Saturday at All Out, the team of Santana and Ortiz debuted for AEW. The
team, formerly known as LAX in Impact Wrestling, attacked both the Young
Bucks and the Lucha Bros after their ladder match for the AAA Tag Team
Titles. While their name is not confirmed, their AEW name may be the
Boricuas, which was mentioned several times during the show. The team has
been rumored to sign with the company for several months.

LAX knows the Lucha Bros. Check out one of their awesome matches earlier
this year:
[This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: This is one of those things that is as much of a layup as you are
going to see as the two of them fit in perfectly with the AEW tag team
division. LAX has proven themselves to be one of the best tag teams in the
world at this point and they are more than capable of being on top of the
AEW tag team division. If you haven’t seen them before, they are worth
your time as they really are that good.

Has LAX impressed you before? Who do you want to see them face in AEW?
Let us know in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at
kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw
Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and
encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post Welcome. Former Tag Team Champions Make Surprise AEW Debuts At
All Out. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

For Those Who Couldnt Keep Score. Full Recap Of Title Matches From
Saturdays Three Major Wrestling Show.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/couldnt-keep-score-full-recap-title-matches-saturdays-three-major-wrestling-show/

It was a busy day. Saturday August 31 was a rather packed wrestling day
with three major wrestling shows taking place in three different countries.
That meant a lot of things took place up and down the cards with several
titles on the line. Those shows were all big in their own right but odds
are you did not have the time to see all three of them. So what did you
miss?

On Saturday, the three major shows were New Japan Pro Wrestling Royal
Quest, NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff and AEW’s All Out. Combined, the shows
featured a total of nine title matches with titles from four different
companies being decides. Of those nine titles, the following changed hands:

Royal Quest

Kenta b. Tomohiro Ishii to win the NJPW NEVER Openweight Championship

Hiroshi Tanahashi b. Zack Sabre Jr. to win the Rev Pro British Heavyweight
Championship

Takeover: Cardiff

Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster b. Gallus and Grizzled Young Veterans
to win the NXT UK Tag Team Titles

Kay Lee Ray b. Toni Storm – NXT UK Women’s Title

All Out

Chris Jericho b. Adam Page to become the first AEW World Champion

And the following titles did not change hands:

Royal Quest

Guerrillas of Destiny b. Aussie Open to retain the IWGP Tag Team
Championships

Kazuchika Okada b. Minoru Suzuki to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Takeover: Cardiff

Walter b. Tyler Bate to retain the NXT Championship

All Out

Lucha Bros b. Young Bucks to retain the AAA Tag Team Titles

There was a lot going on. Check out some highlights and fallout from
Saturday’s events:
[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: Outside of WrestleMania weekend, I don’t remember the last time
that I saw this many big wrestling shows taking place on the same day. With
so many things going on, there had to be a lot of title changes and it
might take a day or so to soak in everything that went down. Either way, it
was a heck of a day with a lot of great wrestling and that is always a
great thing.

Which title change is the most important? Who will lose their new title
first? Let us know in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at
kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw
Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and
encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post For Those Who Couldnt Keep Score. Full Recap Of Title Matches
From Saturdays Three Major Wrestling Show. appeared first on
WrestlingRumors.net.

Who Was Crowned As AEWs First World Champion?

https://wrestlingrumors.net/derekstoughton/crowned-aews-first-world-champion/

Tonight at AEWs All Out pay-per-view, history was made as the company
crowned the first world champion in its history. Hangman Page and Chris
Jericho battled in the main event, in a battle that was waged for the ages.

But who would be the one who came out on top?

In the end, Chris Jericho defeated Page to become the first AEW World
Champion in history. The finish came when Y2J countered a Buckshot Lariat
with a spinning back elbow, and promptly picked up the pin to win the match.

You can see the promotional video for the event below:
[This post contains video, click to play]

In the middle of the match, Jericho was bleeding quite profusely, yet
continued until the very end.

It should also be noted that the referee assigned to the contest, Aubry
Edwards, was the first female official in wrestling history to call the
main event match of a pay-per-view between two males.

Editors Opinion:

While some people are going to be upset that AEW isnt passing the torch to
Page, I get why they are doing this. Its safe to have a more recognized and
well-known performer as the face of your company, leading up to its
mainstream television debut on TNT on October 2. Either way, this was a
terrific match, and both competitors have a lot to be proud of!

What do you think of Chris Jericho being the first AEW World Champion in
history? Leave us a comment below, or post a comment on our Facebook page!
Also, be sure to sign up for our newsletter and download our App from your
favorite App Store!

Follow @Dericho06 !function(d,s,id){var
js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');

Follow @WrestleRumors

The post Who Was Crowned As AEWs First World Champion? appeared first on
WrestlingRumors.net.

All Out Live Coverage And Results

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/live-coverage-results-2/

All Out

Date: August 31, 2019

Location: Sears Center, Chicago, Illinois

Commentators: Jim Ross, Excalibur, Alex Mendez

It’s time for the fourth AEW show and the final one before we get to the
weekly TNT show. This show might not mean as much as the other shows as it
is all leading up to October, but the World Title will be decided for the
first time. We should be in for a good show, but they have a hard one to
follow after Takeover this afternoon. Let’s get to it.
Pre-Show: Casino Battle Royal

So it’s twenty one women in four groups of five with each group named after
a card suit. Then there is a twenty first entrant with the Joker. The
winner is in the Women’s Title match at the first TNT show. The Clubs (Nyla
Rose, Faby Apache, Leva Bates, Shalanda Royal, Priscilla Kelly) start
things off and it’s Rose cleaning house. Peter Avalon (Bates’ fellow
librarian) offers Bates some books to stand on but Rose tosses everyone
with almost no effort, plus Peter for a bonus.

The Diamonds (Britt Baker, Penelope Ford, Sadie Gibbs, Shazza McKenzie, Big
Swoll) come in next with Ford hitting a handspring elbow on Rose as the
ganging up….is broken up in just a few seconds. Baker pulls Shazza out for
an elimination, leaving Rose to chokeslam Baker and Gibbs at the same time,
leaving Swoll for a showdown. Rose isn’t having any of this and puts Swoll
on the apron, setting up a Rock Bottom onto the apron for the elimination.
A hard German suplex drops Ford as the countdown clock ends and….no one is
here at the moment.

Ford is out as the Spades (Tenille Dashwood, Ivelisse, Bea Priestly, Brandi
Rhodes and Awesome Kong) come out. Baker jumps Priestly in the aisle and
it’s Ivelisse hurricanranaing Gibbs down. Dashwood butterfly suplexes
Ivelisse into Gibbs in the corner, setting up Taste of Tenille to both of
them. Brandi orders Kong to start cleaning house but Rose gets back in as a
group of people go after Kong. Brandi’s Stunner takes Rose down as Kong
picks up Ivelisse to use as a weapon.

Dashwood and Ivelisse are out and here are the Hearts (Allie, Nicole Savoy,
Teal Piper, ODB and the bald Jazz). Allie goes straight after Brandi and
it’s Savoy squaring off with Kong, who whips her into the ropes so Savoy
can hit a big suicide dive. Piper pokes ODB in the eyes and grabs the
sleeper but Kong breaks it up. Rose dumps Savoy and Kong tosses Piper
through the ropes (no elimination), setting up the big monster showdown.

Jazz breaks that up and ODB joins them for the four way brawl. Kong and
Jazz are eliminated as Mercedes Martinez is the Joker and the final
entrant. Martinez starts suplexing everyone in sight and it’s a curb stomp
to Priestly. Allie gets up and starts cleaning house but Rose knocks her
out. It seems that we’re down to Rose, Gibbs, Martinez, Priestly and Baker,
plus anyone on the floor. Gibbs gorilla presses Priestly but gets tossed a
second later and we’re down to four.

A Sling Blade lets Baker put Martinez down and it’s time to double team
Rose. Priestly tries to dump both of them but saves Rose in the process.
Baker superkicks Martinez out but Rose survives a double toss attempt. Rose
manages a cartwheel kick on the apron so Baker hits a Canadian Destroyer on
Priestly. One heck of a forearm gets rid of Priestly and Rose dumps Baker
(with an assist from Priestly) for the win at 20:41.

Result: Nyla Rose won the Casino Battle Royal last eliminating Britt Baker
(20:41)
Pre-Show: Private Party vs. Jack Evans/Angelico

Isaiah Kassidy starts things off with Angelico and they waste no time in
flipping around. Kassidy takes him down and starts dancing so it’s off to
Marq Quen vs. Evans, with the former taking over in a hurry. Evans gets in
a shot to the face on Quen though and the villains take over. A guillotine
choke has Quen reaching for the ropes as we already get the five minute
announcement.

That’s broken up so it’s Kassidy coming back in to clean house, including
the big dive onto Angelico. Back in and a slingshot splash gets two on
Evans. A camel clutch into a leap frog double stomp to the back of the head
plants Evans, followed by Kassidy flipping over a standing Quen and then
flipping back into a tornado DDT on Angelico. An assisted Sliced Bread hits
Evans and Kassidy nails a bit running flip dive to the floor.

Quen hits a shooting star press but Evans is back in to suplex Kassidy off
the top. A kick to the face and an assisted 450 gets two on Kassidy as we
hit five minutes left. Everything breaks down and it’s a series of
hurricanranas to Evans and Angelico, setting up another hurricanrana into a
cutter to finish Evans at 11:14.

Result: Private Party b. Jack Evans/Angelico Hurricanrana into a cutter to
Evans (11:14)

Post match Evans and Angelico jump Private Party and wreck Quen’s knee as
the fans are not pleased.

Some kids from a charity sing the Star Spangled Banner.

The opening video looks at just about every match on the show tonight in a
well produced package.

The announcers preview the card again.
SoCal Uncensored vs. A Small Boy/A Boy And His Dinosaur

SCU does their usual stuff before the match with Daniels talking about how
they were All In last year and now it’s a new deck and a new dealer. Jungle
Boy and Kazarian start things off with neither being able to get anywhere,
meaning they flip to a standoff. Daniels comes in for an STO to put Jungle
Boy down but he’s right back up with a springboard armdrag. Luchasaurus
comes in and it’s a series of kicks to take Daniels down, with the fans
being WAY into the dinosaur.

It’s off to Stunt for a running dropkick and the required Floss Dance,
setting up the even more required suicide dive. Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus
hit their own dives and we settle down to Jungle Boy chopping and
headlocking Daniels. A blind tag brings in Kazarian for a dropkick before
it’s back to Daniels for a dance of his own. The chinlock goes on for a bit
until Jungle Boy fights up and brings in Luchasaurus to kick away.

The chokeslam into a standing moonsault gets two on Kazarian and the fans
are rather pleased. Stunt gets tossed into a tornado DDT on Kazarian but
Celebrity Rehab gets SCU out of trouble. A slingshot hurricanrana takes out
Jungle Boy and Stunt, followed by Sky’s big flip dive onto Luchasaurus. The
Best Meltzer Ever finishes Stunt at 11:58.

Result: SoCal Uncensored b. A Small Boy/A Boy And His Dinosaur Best
Meltzer Ever to Stunt (11:58)
Kenny Omega vs. Pac

They circle each other to start and the fans seem to be more behind Omega.
Pac drops down and Kenny walks over his back for a bit of taunting. They
take turns shoving each other in the face and the 205 chants begin. Omega
sends him outside and tries the dive but Pac is waiting on him with a kick
to the ribs. A whip into the barricade staggers Pac but he’s fine enough to
drive Omega back first into the barricade as well.

The choking against the barricade continues, followed by a great looking
dropkick to put Omega down again. Omega fights out of a chinlock in a hurry
before sending him outside. That means a suicide dive to take Pack out but
Omega comes up holding his ankle. Back in and the ankle is fine enough for
a missile dropkick to the back of the head and a fisherman’s buster gets
two.

The Regal Roll connects but Pac rolls away before the middle rope moonsault
can connect. Pac spikes him with a DDT for two but it’s too early for the
Black Arrow. Instead Pac moonsaults to the floor, with his leg crashing
into the barricade. Back in and a 450 gives Pac two, followed by Omega’s
spinebuster for the same. Something like a fisherman’s buster onto the knee
sets up the first V Trigger. The One Winged Angel is broken up so Omega
settles for a bridging German suplex instead.

Pac is back up with a slingshot cutter and a snap German suplex of his own.
The Snapdragon sets up Omega’s second V Trigger for two, followed by the
third to stagger Pac some more. Pac hits something like a reverse
hurricanrana but gets caught in a fireman’s carry. Before Omega can throw
him anywhere though, Pac reverses into the Brutalizer (standing Rings of
Saturn) to knock Omega out for the win at 23:14.

Result: Pac b. Kenny Omega Brutalizer (23:14)
Darby Allin vs. Joey Janela vs. Jimmy Havoc

This is the Cracker Barrel Clash as we have a sponsored match. They go
straight for the weapons and it’s time for the staple gun. Jimmy uses it on
himself and it’s time to head outside with Jimmy getting taped into a
chair. Joey puts thumbtacks in Jimmy’s mouth and tapes it shut as well,
leaving Joey vs. Darby inside. A flipping Stunner takes Joey down but Darby
would rather flip dive onto Jimmy, who begs him to do it.

The fight heads outside with Joey busting out weapons of his own, including
a tennis racket, which he throws away. Jimmy chops Joey down and gives him
the paper cuts between the fingers. A monkey flip sends Joey flying but he
lands in the chair, only to get a paper cut in the mouth. Joey brainbusters
Jimmy through a chair and hits a running Canadian Destroyer to send Darby
through a table in a nasty crash.

Back up and Jimmy goes for a moonsault to the floor….with absolutely no one
there to catch him.  Jimmy was down a few feet away but that looked Joey
was trying to hurt himself. Since Joey has been crushed, Jimmy throws a
plate of biscuits at him and then brings some barrels to the ring. Darby is
back in with a skateboard covered in tacks, which he double stomps onto
Joey’s back.

Darby throws Havoc at the steps and puts him on them….before grabbing a
barrel. The Coffin Drop, with a barrel on Darby’s back, only hits steps as
JR declares this insanity. Back in and Joey drops a top rope elbow for two
on Jimmy. Another barrel is brought in and Havoc superplexes Joey….well his
foot went through it at least. The Acid Rainmaker through the barrel
finishes Janela to give Havoc the pin at 14:40.

Result: Jimmy Havoc b. Joey Janela and Darby Allin Acid Rainmaker through
a barrel to Janela (14:40)
Dark Order vs. Best Friends

The winners get a first round bye in the Tag Team Title tournament. Chuck
can’t do much with Stu to start so everything breaks down in a hurry with
the Friends cleaning house for the hug. We get a SPOOKY PERVERTS chant (JR:
“That’s another t-shirt!”) after what the Best Friends have dubbed the Dark
Order.

We settle down to the Order taking over on Trent with a side slam/knee drop
combination for two. Grayson hits some knees to the ribs to keep Trent in
trouble and it’s a slingshot hilo to the apron as Uno comes back in. A
running clothesline isn’t enough for Trent to get over for the tag though
as Uno brings him back to the wrong corner. Grayson pulls Chuck off the
apron to break up a tag in another classic move. The beating continues,
including something like Chasing the Dragon.

Trent gets in a tornado DDT and there’s the hot tag to Chuck so house can
be cleaned. The Friends are right back into it Sliced Bread from Chuck,
followed by a toss 3D for two on Grayson. That’s not cool with Uno, who
comes right back in to toss Trent to the floor. A top rope backsplash gets
two on Trent, as does Grayson’s 450. Chuck is back in though and house is
cleaned, including Soul Food into a half and half suplex on Grayson. The
Awful Waffle hits Uno but the Creepers (Order’s minions) beat up Chuck. The
Fatality finishes Trent at 14:43.

Result: Dark Order b. Best Friends Fatality to Barretta (14:43)

Post match the Creepers go after Trent but Orange Cassidy comes in for the
save without ever taking his hands out of his pockets, as is his custom.
Hikaru Shida vs. Riho

The winner gets Nyla Rose for the Women’s Title on the first TNT show. The
much smaller Riho slugs away to start but gets cut off by a knee lift.
Shida knees her again and grabs a half crab with Riho being bent way too
far back. Somehow that doesn’t break Riho in half so Shida sticks with the
power by throwing Riho around some more.

A superplex is broken up though with Shida being sent down to the apron for
a top rope double stomp. Back up and Shida goes for a Stretch Muffler but
Riho makes the rope. With JR demanding separation, Shida pulls her away
from the rope and bends the knee around some more. Riho escapes and hits a
double stomp but can’t follow up. Shida’s running knee to the arms over
Riho’s face gets two and frustration is setting in.

Riho grabs the leg to slow Shida down and it’s a northern lights suplex to
drop Shida. A missed kick in the corner sets up the Alberto double stomp on
Shida, followed by running knees for two. Shida is right back up with a
fireman’s carry backbreaker for two and Shida is ready for a rollup. The
second attempt works for Riho and puts Shida away at 13:14.

Result: Riho b. Hiraku Shida Rollup (13:14)

We recap Cody vs. Shawn Spears. Cody brought Spears in and said he was a
good hand who could become a player/coach. Spears didn’t like that and hit
Cody with a chair to bust him open, plus got Tully Blanchard as a manager.
This one is personal.
Cody vs. Shawn Spears

Shawn has Tully Blanchard in his corner but Cody counters with Pharaoh,
Brandi, Maxwell Jacob Friedman and Diamond Dallas Page in Star Trek gear.
Only MJF stays and I think you know where this is going. Cody dives onto
Spears before the bell and the fight heads into the crowd early on. They
head back inside for the opening bell and go right back to the floor with
Tully grabbing Cody’s arm so Spears can get in a low blow.

Back in and Cody shrugs off some chops but a suicide dive is knocked away
because Spears saw it coming on the screen. That’s a nice touch that you
don’t see very often. Back in and Spears hammers away with left hands to
the head. Cody gets in the Dustin uppercut but misses a charge into the
post. A hanging DDT onto the apron rocks Cody and it’s time for the weight
belt.

Earl Hebner isn’t letting that happen though and yells, but the distraction
lets Tully slip in a regular belt to beat on Cody again. Cody no sells a
belt shot to the head and the beatdown is on. A springboard cutter into an
Alabama Slam makes it even worse for Spears and it’s time for the leg. The
Figure Four is applied but Spears turns it over, with an assist from Tully.
They head outside with Cody getting dropped on the ramp, only to have MJF
drag Cody back towards the ring.

Back in and Cross Rhodes hits Spears but Tully has the referee for a
distraction. MJF tries to come in though, allowing Tully to get Spears a
breather. Hang on though as Tully and MJF get in a choke off, allowing
Spears to kick MJF in the face. The fight heads to the floorand here’s Arn
Anderson of all people with a spinebuster to Spears, which draws Tully up
the ramp after Arn. Cody grabs a chair and hits the Disaster Kick to send
it into Spears’ head, setting up Cross Rhodes for the pin at 17:28.

Result: Cody b. Shawn Spears Cross Rhodes (17:28)

Post match MJF teases a chair shot to Cody but hugs him instead.

We recap the ladder match. The Young Bucks and the Lucha Bros have fought a
bunch of times and now they’re fighting in a ladder match for the final win.
AAA Tag Team Titles: Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks

The Bros are defending in a ladder match and the Bucks are in deer masks,
which dont stay on long.  Pentagon breaks up a very early Meltzer Driver
attempt and the Bucks are sent outside early on. A ladder shot breaks up a
Bros dive and the Bucks start the kicking. Fenix is right back up with a
springboard flip dive over a ladder to take everyone down.

Back in and Nick and Fenix springboard onto the ladder but get taken down
with rolling cutters. Nick and Fenix through tables at ringside. That
leaves Pentagon to kick Matt in the leg but Matt sends him outside for a
flip dive. Back in and Nick rolls some northern lights suplexes on Pentagon
but Fenix is back up with a springboard hurricanrana to send Nick into a
ladder.

The Bros springboard off the ropes and then off the ladder to take out both
Bucks. Another ladder is brought in but Nick gorilla presses Fenix and
spears Pentagon down. Nick springboards onto the ladder, which is nowhere
near the belts, but gets it turned over. That’s fine with Nick, who
springboards off the top to take Pentagon down outside. Fenix’s springboard
moonsaults takes Nick down so it’s Pentagon and Matt fighting on top of the
ladder.

A super Sling Blade brings Matt off the ladder and it’s Pentagon going
outside. That means a suicide dive from Nick, leaving Fenix to hit a
Canadian Destroyer on Matt. A table is brought in as JR talks about
barbecue sauce. Just because we need one, Pentagon hits a Canadian
Destroyer off the ladder to drive Matt through the table and everyone is
pretty much done.

With the other two down, Nick and Fenix put them on tables and climb
ladders at opposite sides of the ring. They shout at each other and there
are the big dives through their brothers so everyone is down again. Nick
and Fenix fight over another ladder until Nick dives over it for a tornado
DDT. Two tables are set up at ringside but Nick has to superkick Fenix to
prevent a climb. Since back to back huge moves don’t keep you down long,
Matt is back in with a Crossface on Pentagon but lets go to cut Fenix off
again.

Nick is alone on top so he teases a dive, allowing Pentagon to superkick
Matt and then shove the ladder over, sending Nick through the tables. Matt
and Pentagon go up with Matt taking off the mask, but Fenix kicks the
ladder out for the bigger crash. Pentagon has the mask back on and it’s a
spike Fear Factor onto the bridged ladder to kill Matt dead. The Bros
FINALLY get the titles for the win at 24:06.

Result: Lucha Bros b. Young Bucks Bros pulled down the titles (24:06)

Post match some masked men come in and beat down the Lucha Bros. The Bucks
get laid out as well and it’s Santana and Ortiz, formerly known as LAX.

We recap Chris Jericho vs. Adam Page. Jericho beat Kenny Omega and Page
won a battle royal to earn their spots here, then Jericho busted him open
to make things personal. Tonight it’s for the inaugural title.

AEW World Title: Adam Page vs. Chris Jericho

The title is vacant coming in and Page rides in on a horse. We get Big
Match Intros and an introduction from the referee to stretch things out
even more. Page drives him into the corner to start and it’s an early
clean break. A fall away slam and a clothesline put Jericho on the floor
but he’s right back in with a middle rope dropkick.

The Liontamer attempt is broken up so Page sends him outside for a suicide
dive. A top rope clothesline gives Page two and he ducks the triangle
dropkick. The shooting star off the apron is blocked though and Page is
down on the floor. Jericho knocks him off the barricade for a big crash
with Page’s elbow banging into the barricade. Back in and Jericho bends
the arm around the rope, followed by a backsplash for two.

Page fights back up with some strikes and a sliding lariat. The middle
rope Russian legsweep gets two but a piledriver attempt is countered into
the Walls to put Page in real trouble. That’s broken up and a discus punch
busts Jericho open. Page slowly throws him back in, yells at the referee,
and then punches Jericho down.

As JR asks if Jericho has enough soldiers in his tank, Page hits a super
swinging neckbreaker, followed by the Buckshot Lariat. The Deadeye is
countered into the Walls again but Page gets out one more time. Jericho is
sent outside and Page’s top rope moonsault….somewhat connects.

Another Buckshot Lariat is countered into the Codebreaker (cool) for two
and they’re both down again. Page gets back up but the running shooting
star hits knees. The Deadeye is countered into a sunset flip but another
attempt plants Jericho….for two. Another Buckshot Lariat misses and the
Judas Effect gives Jericho the pin and the title at 26:23.

Rating: C+. It was a perfectly watchable match but it went on too long and
the fans were just done by the end. Jericho winning was pretty clear about
halfway through (at the latest) and while it makes sense to have the World
Title (especially the first one) go longer than anything else, it came
after a very long show. Jericho isn’t likely to hold the title for a long
time but he’s the right call for the first champion.

Page is crushed as Jericho poses with the title to end the show.

Overall Rating: C. These shows have got to be shortened a bit as the length
is their biggest problem. Eventually you’re two and a half hours in and
looking at the clock because the show just keeps going with one long match
after another. What we got was mostly good and it set up some stuff for
later but my goodness it felt every bit of those five hours.

They need to shorten a few matches (it’s ok to have something go seven or
eight minutes) and do something in between them every now and then, just
for the sake of a breather. Having it be two hours a week will help, but
these pay per views have got to pick up the pace a bit. This didn’t change
a lot and I wouldn’t say it built up any real momentum for them, but I’m
really not as interested in the promotion as I used to be. I hope TV helps
them with that, because their spark isn’t going to last forever with these
five hour shows that aren’t exactly burning the house down.

Results

SoCal Uncensored b. A Small Boy/A Boy And His Dinosaur – Best Meltzer Ever
to Stunt

Pac b. Kenny Omega – Brutalizer

Jimmy Havoc b. Joey Janela and Darby Allin – Acid Rainmaker through a
barrel to Janela

Dark Order b. Best Friends – Fatality to Barreta

Riho b. Hikaru Shida – Rollup

Cody b. Shawn Spears – Cross Rhodes

Lucha Bros b. Young Bucks – Bros pulled down the titles

Chris Jericho b. Adam Page – Judas Effect

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at
kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw
Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and
encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post All Out Live Coverage And Results appeared first on
WrestlingRumors.net.

Double Shot. Two More Title Matches Announced For Clash Of Champions.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/double-shot-two-title-matches-announced-clash-champions/

Rapid fire growth. We are currently just over two weeks away from Clash Of
Champions and a lot of the card still needs to be set up. With every title
on the line, plus the King of the Ring final, there is a lot of stuff that
needs to be added to the card. Some of the bigger matches have already
been made but with so little time left, something needs to be set up in a
hurry. Two more of those have been established.

WWE.com has announced two new matches for Clash Of Champions with a pair of
titles being defended. SmackDown Tag Team Champions New Day will be
defending against Revival in a match that has been set up over the last two
weeks, with Revival attacking both champions. Intercontinental Champion
Shinsuke Nakamura will be defending against The Miz, who challenged
Nakamura to a title match earlier this month.

The matches are ready. Check out the setups for both:
[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: You have to fill it in somehow. These two matches were pretty
obvious for the last few weeks and this is the natural progression to add
them to the card. There is a chance for a pair of title changes but also a
chance of neither changing hands so we at least have a few surprises coming
into the show. I’m not sure where either match is going and that’s a nice
feeling to have.

Which of these matches interests you more? Who do you think wins both?
Let us know in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at
kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw
Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and
encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post Double Shot. Two More Title Matches Announced For Clash Of
Champions. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff Live Coverage And Results

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/nxt-uk-takeover-cardiff-live-coverage-results/

Takeover: Cardiff

Date: August 31, 2019

Location: Cardiff International Arena, Cardiff, Wales

Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Vic Joseph

It’s been a long time since we’ve had one of these things and that might be
best. NXT UK is getting the hang of things but they’re still a long way
away from being ready to do regular big time specials. This time around we
have a big main event in the form of Tyler Bate challenging Walter for the
United Kingdom Title. Let’s get to it.

The opening video shows a shot of Cardiff but the feed is cut off by
Imperium, who run this place. The rest of the matches get the regular
attention.
Travis Banks vs. Noam Dar

They’ve been glaring at each other lately. Banks takes him into the corner
to start but gets taken down by the arm. It’s too early for the ankle lock
and they both miss some kicks to the face. The threat of a kick to the face
gives us a standoff as the fans are behind Banks. A hard kick sends Dar
outside as Banks takes over for the first time but the threat of a running
shot in the corner has Dar rolling around.

Dar starts going after the arm and snapmares him into the ropes to mess up
the shoulder even more. A bridging German suplex gives Banks a fast two but
Dar is right back with some more kicks to the head. They fight for arm
control on the mat until Banks gets in a cobra clutch/Crossface
combination, sending Dar over to the rope. Dar slaps him in the face to
sucker Banks in, allowing him to get in a kick to Banks’ leg.

A very spinning Unprettier gets two but the Nova Roller misses. The Slice
of Heaven does as well and Dar grabs the ankle lock. Banks rolls over and
slips out so Dar hits a basement clothesline to the back of the head for
two. Back up and another Slice of Heaven attempt misses as Dar ducks so
Banks hits a double stomp instead.

The suicide dive connects and Banks hits most of the Slice of Heaven off
the barricade. Back in and the top rope double stomp gives Banks two more.
The slugout goes to Banks with a discus forearm and a running knee to the
face but Slice of Heaven misses again. The Nova Roller finishes Banks at
13:55.

Result: Noam Dar b. Travis Banks Nova Roller (13:55)

Cesaro is here with an open challenge and we have an answer.
Ilja Dragunov vs. Cesaro

Works for me. Dragunov hits a running boot in the corner to start but
Cesaro is right back with some chops. A powerslam doesn’t work for Cesaro
so he dodges a chop and it’s a standoff. Dragunov chops away and hits a
backsplash for two so Cesaro picks him up and tosses him outside. Cesaro
drops him throat first across the barricade to stay on the neck.

Back in and a legdrop sets up the chinlock on Dragunov, which is broken up
in short order. Dragunov reverses a belly to back with a crossbody but
Cesaro grabs him for a 30+ second swing to make Dragunov’s eyes even
screwier. A Crossface doesn’t last long and Dragunov scores with the
61-Line. Dragunov gets fired up and throws Cesaro with the suplex for a
roll to the floor.

That means the big suicide dive and a Coast to Coast as Cesaro gets back
in. Cesaro is right back up and knees him in the ribs, setting up a running
seated uppercut for two. Fans: “ARE YOU WATCHING? ARE YOU WATCHING? ARE YOU
WATCHING VINCE MCMAHON?” Dragunov hits a Death Valley Driver into the
corner. Dragunov hits a top rope backsplash for two and it’s Torpedo Moscow
time. That’s broken up with Swiss Death and Cesaro Neutralizes him for the
pin at 12:31.

Result: Cesaro b. Ilja Dragunov Neutralizer (12:31)

Post match Cesaro teases hitting a clothesline but sticks out his hand for
the handshake instead.

Adrian Street and Miss Linda are here.

We recap the Tag Team Titles. Grizzled Young Veterans are the first
champions but Gallus want the titles. Flash Morgan Webster and Mark
Andrews, both from Wales, won singles matches to get into the match.
Tag Team Titles: Flash Morgan Webster/Mark Andrews vs. Gallus vs. Grizzled
Young Veterans

The Veterans (Zack Gibson and James Drake) are defending and it’s Andrews
sunset flipping Gibson for two to start. Drake comes in for a double
hiptoss into a standing moonsault/standing flip dive from Andrews and
Webster. We settle down to Webster not being able to sunset flip Wolfgang
so it’s a six man staredown. The champs are knocked to the floor and a
hurricanrana/moonsault takes down Gibson and Coffey.

Back in and a moonsault press gets two on Gibson as the champs are in
trouble. He’s right back up with a backbreaker on Webster on the floor with
Drake slingshotting down into a forearm to Webster’s chest. Back in again
and everything breaks down again with Andrews cleaning house, only to get
jumped by Gallus. That means stereo flip dives from the Welsh guys to both
other teams and the fans are rather pleased.

Back in and Andrews’ assisted 450 gets two on Gibson, only to have Gallus
come back in to start cleaning house. A catapult into a Samoan drop gets
two on Andrews but it’s a reverse hurricanrana/running knee strike for two
on Wolfgang. Andrews is back up with a shooting star to take out Gallus and
Gibson. As the fans again ask about Vince’s viewing habits, it’s Stundog
Millionaire into a Swanton from Webster for two on Gibson. Helter Skelter
into the 450 gets two on Andrews, with the crowd literally getting to their
feet on the kickout.

The champs and the Welsh guys are all knocked down but it’s Gallus coming
back in to clean house. Coffey hits his own big dive to take everyone out,
followed by the enziguri into the powerslam for a delayed two on Andrews.
Everyone gets back in and Gallus gets beaten down until Webster is
catapulted into a Canadian Destroyer on Coffey. Gibson takes Wolfgang to
the floor for an electric chair, with Drake adding the suicide clothesline
for a Doomsday Device.

That means the big showdown between the champs and Andrews/Morgan with the
Welsh guys getting the better of it. Webster hits a 630 on Drake with
Gibson making the save. Andrews tries to dive on him but gets hit in the
throat on the way down. Back in and Ticket to Mayhem hits Webster but Drake
goes to deal with Gallus. That lets Andrews come in with Fall to Pieces to
Gibson to give Webster the pin and the titles at 20:10.

Result: Flash Morgan Webster/Mark Andrews b. Gallus and Grizzled Young
Veterans Fall To Pieces to Gibson (20:10)

Post match the champs celebrate in the crowd.

We recap Dave Mastiff vs. Joe Coffey. They’re both big monsters and went to
a double countout before. Therefore it’s Last Man Standing so they can beat
on each other a lot.
Dave Mastiff vs. Joe Coffey

Last Man Standing. Coffey brings in a chain but Mastiff comes straight at
him anyway to start the brawl in the aisle. They get inside with Coffey
hammering away but Mastiff whips him into the corner….and the top rope
comes off the buckle. Mastiff shrugs and hits Coffey in the back with the
turnbuckle rod before putting it in Coffey’s mouth. Coffey slugs back with
some liver shots and a belly to back suplex.

That doesn’t even get a count as Mastiff is right back up with a German
suplex of his own. They head outside with Coffey busting out a pool cue to
knock Mastiff down. There’s a bag of weapons under the ring but Coffey goes
to set up a table. That lets Mastiff hit him in the back with a cricket bat
but Coffey is right back up with a headbutt to the ribs to put Mastiff
through the table.

It’s chain time again so Mastiff hits another German suplex on the floor.
Another table is set up against the barricade and, after giving up a tug of
war over the chain, Mastiff cannonballs him through the table. They fight
into the crowd with Coffey’s chain shot getting eight. Mastiff has two
chairs so he throws one to Coffey, who backs way up. They both get running
starts and collide in the aisle for a double knockdown.

With that not working, they wind up by commentary with Dave hitting a Regal
Roll onto the announcers’ table for eight. Just to mix it up a bit, they go
to the balcony and slug it out before crashing down onto some tables. They
both use anvil cases to get up but Coffey kicks Mastiff’s away for the win
at 15:59.

Result: Joe Coffey b. Dave Mastiff Coffey kicks a case from under Mastiff
(15:59)

Tegan Knox is here.

We recap the Women’s Title match. Toni Storm has held the title for months
now and Ray won a battle royal a good while ago to become #1 contender. Ray
made it personal by talking about their previous friendship and how Toni
drives everyone away. Toni hasn’t been as focused coming into this but she
was fine in the last showdown.
Women’s Title: Kay Lee Ray vs. Toni Storm

Toni is defending and we get the Big Match Intros. Ray bails straight to
the floor so Storm dives onto her, setting up a big forearm to the face
back inside. Ray knocks her right back down though and we hit a seated
abdominal stretch. Toni goes off with shots to the face and a superkick to
put Ray down. A running clothesline can’t set up Storm Zero so its’ a Code
Red for two instead.

Now Storm Zero connects for two so Ray is right back with her own
superkick. The Gory Bomb gives Ray her own two so they head up top. Neither
can hit a super version of their finisher so Toni grabs a release German
suplex for two more. Storm gets sent outside so Ray hits a top rope flip
dive for a nasty landing, sending the referee down to check on them. Back
in and the Gory Bomb onto the top rope sets up a regular Gory Bomb to give
Ray the title at 9:58.

Result: Kay Lee Ray b. Toni Storm Gory Bomb (9:58)

We recap Tyler Bate vs. Walter for the United Kingdom Title. Walter took
the title from Bate’s friend Pete Dunne and then formed Imperium to clean
up NXT UK. The team attacked Bate and Trent Seven so Bate is back for
revenge, his friends and the title.
United Kingdom Title: Tyler Bate vs. Walter

Walter is defending and there are no seconds here. Bate ducks an early shot
and starts going after the knee as the fans sing a lot. A test of strength
goes to Walter but Bate powers up to send him into the ropes. Walter’s
headlock grinds Bate down a bit as the songs are now rather anti-Walter.
Bate is right back up with a delayed slam though and Walter needs a
breather on the floor. The suicide dive is blocked though and Walter’s big
chop sets up an apron bomb.

A big boot rocks Bate hard and a toss powerbomb….is left short, sending the
back of Bate’s head into the post. After a check from a trainer, Bate is
back in to get beaten up more as his back is giving out. As the fans chant
some rather mean things about Walter, Bate collapses while trying a
fireman’s carry. Walter pulls on the arms and puts a boot in the back as
the slow grinding down continues.

A running seated splash gets two on Bate and the big chops knock him into
the corner. Bate looks a little dead but manages to pull himself up, only
to get laid on the top turnbuckle. Walter knocks him to the apron but Bate
gets him up for a fall away slam to the floor in an impressive toss. Back
in and Bate’s middle rope uppercut is chopped out of the air, setting up
the big Boston crab. Make that a Liontamer into a Crossface, with Walter
pulling backwards for a change of pace.

Bate finally makes the rope and somehow manages to block a suplex, setting
up one of his own to bring the fans back into it. A bunch of clotheslines
don’t put Walter down but a rolling Liger kick staggers him into an
exploder suplex. Bate nips up and Nigel can’t believe what he’s seeing as a
standing shooting star press gets two. The Tyler Driver 97 is blocked a few
times and a running dropkick sends Bate into the corner.

Bate manages to counter the powerbomb into a sunset flip for two more. They
get to the top with Bate loading up a superplex….and looking down at the
floor. Walter isn’t having that and chops him down but Bate is back up with
a finger snap. That means an exploder superplex for two as the fans are
dying on these near falls. The slugout goes to Walter but he charges into
Bang and falls onto Bate…..who is face down on the mat so there is no cover.

Walter is back up with an exploder suplex of his own but Bate manages the
airplane spin until Walter makes the rope. That’s fine with Bate, who puts
him into a torture rack for the Burning Hammer. Bate can’t cover so Walter
rolls outside, meaning it’s a suicide dive from behind. The no hands dive
drops Walter again and Bate manages a bridging German suplex for two. The
Tyler Driver 97 is countered into a backdrop for two but Bate bridges up
into the Tyler Driver 97 for two, sending Nigel over the moon in shock.

Spiral Tap gets two more so Bate unloads with rights and lefts, sending
Walter into the corner to cover up. A chop cuts him off and a big boot
knocks Bate silly, setting up the sleeper. Bate stands up with Walter on
his back and drops back but Walter puts the hold right back on.

Bate gets up AGAIN and gets to the apron where he pulls Walter over the top
and elbows his way out. Walter grabs him right back for a sleeper suplex
onto the apron to kill Bate dead. The top rope splash….gets two and the
fans are alive again. Another sleeper suplex gets another two and Walter
powerbombs him….for one. Walter chops him down and hits a heck of a lariat
to FINALLY finish Bate at 42:11.

Result: Walter b. Tyler Bate Lariat (42:11)

Imperium comes out to pose and leaves Bate to get the big hero’s ending
with Seven and Dunne coming out to help him up.

Results

Noam Dar b. Travis Banks – Nova Roller

Cesaro b. Ilja Dragunov – Neutralizer

Mark Andrews/Flash Morgan Webster b. Grizzled Young Veterans and Gallus –
Fall To Pieces to Gibson

Joe Coffey b. Dave Mastiff – Coffey kicked a case from underneath Mastiff

Kay Lee Ray b. Toni Storm – Gory Bomb

Walter b. Tyler Bate – Lariat

The post NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff Live Coverage And Results appeared first
on WrestlingRumors.net.