[AWARDS] Presenting the 2008 REC.SPORT.PRO-WRESTLING YEAR-END AWARDS! [00/48]

1 view

rs...@thezims.com

Dec 11, 2008, 5:03:51 PM12/11/08
We made it! Start crying...NOW

For those of you just tuning in, these are the rec.sport.pro-wrestling.*
Year-End Achievement Awards. They celebrate the excellence, as well as
the....opposite thereof, of the past year in professional wrestling.

The Awards are decided by the readers of r.s.p-w, voting for a 1st, 2nd,
and 3rd place in nearly fifty categories. This is our astonishing
NINETEENTH year of Awards!

Participation was down a little bit more from last year, with 28 ballots
cast - and 27 counted after I figured out that one joker sent in two
ballots. As I usually weasel out of taking responsibility for trying
to jack up participation given the deadness of Usenet in general, I will
say that I hope that the QUALITY of the response makes up for the lower
quantity. As is always the case, I think we have some surprises in the
results, but pleasantly so. If you disagree - hell, you should have voted!

Thanks to everyone on r.s.p-w who participated, readers and lurkers alike!

The following pages provided invaluable assistance with research.
Bookmark them ALL right now:

<http://prowrestlinghistory.com/>
The Wrestling Supercards & Tournaments Web Page is THE place to get
dates and results of every major card of the past year - and earlier

<http://rspw.org/>
For better of worse, THE website of r.s.p-w.* - basically I threw a
bunch of links on a page but it's the quickest way to access full
versions of ALL nineteen years of awards!

<http://wikipedia.org/>
Wikipedia has quickly become a great resource for looking up all sorts
of obscure minutiae, and pro wrestling is no exception!

<http://google.com/>
It's Google. Nuff said.

<http://the-w.com/>
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I can be reached by emailing crz{at}rspw{dot}org, amongst other ways.

Without further ado, cue the complaints about spam by the usual idiot,
because HEEEEEEEEEEEERE WE GO!!!!

--
Christopher Robin Zimmerman | moderator, rec.sport.pro-wrestling.info
WWW: CRZ.net | AIM: SeeOurZed | co-moderator, rec.sport.pro-wrestling.moderated

rs...@thezims.com

Dec 11, 2008, 10:32:40 PM12/11/08

Christopher Robin Zimmerman

Dec 11, 2008, 10:32:38 PM12/11/08