[AWARDS] 2009 r.s.p-w Year-End Achievement Awards - 1st call for nominations

Christopher Robin Zimmerman

Oct 19, 2009, 10:16:50 PM10/19/09
Hello? Is this thing on? Anybody....no. OK!

This is the first call for nominations for the 2009 R.s.p-w Year-End
Achievement Awards.

The R.s.p-w (rec.sport.pro-wrestling) Year-End Achievement Awards are an
Internet tradition dating back to 1990. The Awards recognize both
excellence and...well, whatever the opposite of "excellence" is...in
what's left of the sport of professional wrestling. This will be the 20th
(and probably final) year for these awards!

This year's awards will cover the one year period from November 2, 2008 to
November 1, 2009. Please try to keep this ENTIRE span of 12 months in mind
when you submit your nominations!

Elsewhere on this newsgroup you can find the list of categories,
descriptions, and past winners. You can also easily find links to
previous awards at <http://rspw.org/awards.html>. The "official" ballot
should follow this article; it too is available at the rspw.org website.

There will be three Calls for Nominations; this is the first. I will
repeat the call for nominations on or about the 26th of October, and on or
about the 2nd of November. I will stop taking nominations on the 8th of
November. Voting will take place between the 9th of November and 30th of
November. I hope to have the results ready by the 15th of December at the
latest, but should have them out earlier as I only expect to have to count
about 10 ballots. (You'll notice I'm being especially passive aggressive
this year!)

During the second and third call for nominations, I will post a list of
current nominations so you can see who has been nominated, nominate
someone you feel has been overlooked, and start to think about who you'll
vote for.

Please exercise your right to nominate and (later) vote! These awards
wouldn't be what they are (not) without your support!

Questions: email Christopher Robin Zimmerman (that's me!) at crz{at}rspw.org.
Spam is discouraged. :)

--
Christopher Robin Zimmerman | moderator, rec.sport.pro-wrestling.info
WWW: CRZ.net | AIM: SeeOurZed | moderator, rec.sport.pro-wrestling.moderated