CHL East-West All-Star Challenge

Glenn Chin

Feb 4, 1992, 3:05:06 PM2/4/92
Chrysler Cup CHL East-West All-Star Challenge Feb 4/92 at Saskatoon

OHL and QMJHL all-stars
Junior team NHL rights 91-92 WJHC
GOAL Fred Brathwaite London
Jean-Francois Labbe Trois-Rivieres

DEFENCE Drake Berehowsky North Bay Toronto
Jassen Cullimore Peterborough Vancouver Canada
Shaun Imber Sault Ste Marie
Yan Arsenault Verdun
Francois Groleau Shawinigan Calgary
Paolo Racicot Trois-Rivieres

FORWARD Scott Hollis Oshawa
Kirk Maltby Owen Sound
Darren McCarty Belleville
Colin Miller Sault Ste Marie
Pat Peake Detroit Washington USA
John Spoltore North Bay
Dave Chouinard Verdun
Martin Lapointe Laval Detroit Canada
Sandy McCarthy Laval Calgary
Patrick Poulin St-Hyacinthe Hartford Canada
Michel St-Jacques Chicoutimi
David St-Pierre Verdun Calgary Canada

WHL all-stars

GOAL Scott Bailey Spokane
Chris Osgood Seattle Detroit

DEFENCE Brent Bilodeau Swift Current Montreal USA
David Cooper Medicine Hat
Frank Evans Spokane
Todd Klassen Tri-City
Richard Matvichuk Saskatoon Minnesota Canada
Scott Niedermayer Kamloops New Jersey Canada

FORWARD Donevan Hextall Prince Albert New Jersey
Steve Junker Spokane NY Islanders Canada
Steve Konowalchuk Portland Washington USA
Lee J. Leslie Prince Albert
Bill Lindsay Tri-City Quebec
Dean McAmmond Prince Albert Chicago
Jeff Nelson Prince Albert Washington Canada
Shane Peacock Lethbridge Pittsburgh
Kevin St. Jacques Lethbridge Chicago
Andy Schneider Swift Current Canada
Turner Stevenson Seattle Montreal Canada
Tyler Wright Swift Current Edmonton Canada

DAVID A LISOGURSKI

Feb 4, 1992, 11:16:55 PM2/4/92
In article <1992Feb4...@sask.usask.ca> ch...@sask.usask.ca (Glenn Chin) writes:
>Chrysler Cup CHL East-West All-Star Challenge Feb 4/92 at Saskatoon
>
>OHL and QMJHL all-stars
> Junior team NHL rights 91-92 WJHC
>GOAL Fred Brathwaite London
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Can someone please explain to me why Freddie has not (and probably will not
again this year) been drafted?

He is an all-star this year
He won the Memorial Cup 2 years ago
He has been player-of-the-week the past 2 weeks in a row in the OHL
(since being traded to London, he has a 1.59 GAA in 10 games)

But he isn't even in the top 20 for junior goalies eligible for the draft
(according to Bob Mackenzie of The Hockey News)

--Dave

Richard Grimmett

Feb 6, 1992, 5:27:42 PM2/6/92

I listened to the game and this guy was supposedly incredible. I can't
believe he isn't going fairly high, especially since most of the scouts
that they talked to were drooling over the guy.

Unless there is some health reason? The scouts had nothing but praise
for the guy, although goalies aren't normally taken in the top few rounds.

Richard Grimmett