Re: Great golf video

Message has been deleted

Alan

Aug 12, 2022, 7:59:01 PM8/12/22
On 2022-08-12 12:05, Irving S wrote:
> I know most of you attention seeking progressive slugs do not golf. But in the event there are some golfers out there lurking, here is a great video. It was emailed to me by my instructor. It is exactly what he has been stressing in our lessons. I can assure you, this really works. Not a fan of these golf tip videos but I can attest that this tip works, It has really helped my game
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoMKd1bdsjk&t=13s

Sorry, sonny....

...but I am far beyond any lesson your instructor has given to you.

TomS

Aug 12, 2022, 8:12:09 PM8/12/22
You're right - you're UNTEACHABLE!!!!!

Alan

Aug 12, 2022, 8:49:25 PM8/12/22
I'm better than you and better than Felicity.

Fact.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Alan

Aug 15, 2022, 12:51:34 AM8/15/22
On 2022-08-14 14:28, Irving S wrote:
> Fact huh?
>
> Shot a 78 today at 6430 yards, walking a hilly course in the heat.
> Of course, you will say I am making that up, that is fine. I know
> what I saw on the scorecard, could care less what some foreigner
> thinks!

Got a score card you can post?

Thought not.

> By your own admission, you have put golf on the shelf due to your
> interest in racing. Nothing wrong with that. But to say this is a
> fact. Dude, you are hilarious! I mean hilarious. I really like
> you. You da man!

-hh

Aug 15, 2022, 7:38:56 AM8/15/22
Perhaps because that tropical Invest 98L came ashore yesterday at Corpus Christi
and he actually got washed out:

<https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2022-08-12-gulf-tropical-disturbance-texas-drought-relief>

-hh
Message has been deleted

Alan

Aug 15, 2022, 5:34:53 PM8/15/22
On 2022-08-15 13:35, Irving S wrote:
> On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 12:51:34 AM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> Actually, I do have the score card, It is still in my golf bag.

Riiiiiiight.

> I would be happy to email it to you, problem being that you would
> than say it is a forgery. I mean, what would it take to just fill in
> some numbers on a score card. I get it.

And yet, you're making excuses to prevent it ever happening.

> Bottom line Captain Combover, what some foreigner things about the
> veracity of my golf scores, I could care less.

This post certainly proves that!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Alan

Aug 17, 2022, 10:05:25 PM8/17/22
On 2022-08-17 12:58, Irving S wrote:
> A 79 today. Think you could duplicate that Grandpa walking a hilly
> course just over 6400 yards. At your age, who knows.

Riiiiiiiight.

> Wanna place a wager, I have the scorecard and the online post to my
> hcp. Let's paypal Tom $500 each, then I will provide copies of my
> scorecard and handicap report. He can pay the winner and keep $50
> for his trouble. Money in the bank for me Grandpa, if you are so
> confident, lets coordinate this and make it happen. OFcourse, there
> will be some kind of excuse. Happens with every wager here. It is
> money in the bank for me Grandpa, lets make the wager.

Let Tom hold the money?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

TomS

Aug 17, 2022, 10:25:23 PM8/17/22
On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 12:58:05 PM UTC-7, Irving S wrote:
> A 79 today. Think you could duplicate that Grandpa walking a hilly course just over 6400 yards. At your age, who knows.
>
> Wanna place a wager, I have the scorecard and the online post to my hcp. Let's paypal Tom $500 each, then I will provide copies of my scorecard and handicap report. He can pay the winner and keep $50 for his trouble. Money in the bank for me Grandpa, if you are so confident, lets coordinate this and make it happen. OFcourse, there will be some kind of excuse. Happens with every wager here. It is money in the bank for me Grandpa, lets make the wager.

I would happily proctor that - with complete impartiality (and donate the $50 to charity).

TomS

Aug 17, 2022, 10:27:00 PM8/17/22
Irving's terms are very explicit - he either meets them or he doesn't.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

TomS

Aug 19, 2022, 8:11:11 PM8/19/22
On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 2:40:32 AM UTC-7, Irving S wrote:
> You laugh. Not getting you off the hook. Do you think that Tom cannot be trusted with the funds? I have no reason to think that he is untrustworthy. You might not agree with his politics, but I trust him fully. I think he will be impartial. If you don't want to make the wager, that is fine. But LOLOLOLOL is just trying to divert your way out of it. A simple yes or no would be perfect.

The key is setting the terms of wager such that NO JUDGMENT is involved: it is either met or it is not, and that is the type of wager that Irving has proposed.
Message has been deleted

Alan

Aug 22, 2022, 4:35:35 PM8/22/22
On 2022-08-21 08:42, Irving S wrote:
> No bet will be made because Captain Combover ran at the mouth, and
> now cannot back it up.
>
> The wager still stands. I will Paypal you the money, I am asking
> Captain Combover to do the same. A scorecard and hcp report to
> follow. You keep $50 for your trouble, you then paypal the residual
> monies to the winner of the wager. I have NO reason to believe you
> would keep the money. I believe you to be an honest person.
>
> Truth be it. Captain Combover does not want to part for his money.
> Nor, be proved wrong. I get it, you run at the mouth, you be
> contrary for the sake of it, sometime it catches up with you.

But what prevents you from forging the scorecard?

:-)
Message has been deleted

-hh

Aug 26, 2022, 2:22:02 PM8/26/22
On Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 6:01:02 AM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:
> Absolutely, but a posting to the handicap network on the date of the score is pretty credible Grandpa.
>
> One more time Grandpa. I will Paypal to Tom, you do the same, and then I
> scan to him my scorecard and my handicap posting off the network.

Post a representative sample of what that’s supposed to look like. I’ll show it can be forged.
Just tell us what you want the forged score to read,

-hh
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Alan

Aug 28, 2022, 1:25:13 AM8/28/22
On 2022-08-27 11:56, Irving S wrote:
> Something to be proud of? I would really not know where to begin.
> Never forged nothing, not about to.

"Never forged nothing" is a double negative.

Interesting how your basic grammar has abandoned you.
Message has been deleted