Re: More on NJ the SHIT HOLE

Message has been deleted

TomS

Aug 12, 2022, 8:02:45 PM8/12/22
On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 12:21:14 PM UTC-7, Irving S wrote:
> The last place anyone would want to retire.
>

> https://wobm.com/wow-is-new-jersey-really-the-worst-state-to-retire-in/
>
> Interesting, how some can defend the indefensible. Who in their right mind would want to move there and spend their golden years in such a despicable place, with left leaning woke clods. Not many it seems.

Here is the article:
https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-worst-states-to-retire/18592
This is why NJ is losing people:
https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/articles/2022/04/25/a-third-of-states-lost-population-in-2021#:~:text=Four%20states%20experienced%20population%20declines,to%20COVID%2D19%20from%20others.
Note that the Blue states are gainers, especially ID and FL (which opened up far sooner than the Reds).

-hh

Aug 12, 2022, 10:22:32 PM8/12/22
On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 8:02:45 PM UTC-4, TomS wrote:
> On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 12:21:14 PM UTC-7, Irving S wrote:
> > The last place anyone would want to retire.
> >

> > https://wobm.com/wow-is-new-jersey-really-the-worst-state-to-retire-in/
> >
> > Interesting, how some can defend the indefensible. Who in their right mind would want to move there and spend their golden years in such a despicable place, with left leaning woke clods. Not many it seems.
> Here is the article:
> https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-worst-states-to-retire/18592

Check out the flaws in the methodology.

-hh
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

-hh

Aug 13, 2022, 4:27:18 PM8/13/22
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 3:26:48 PM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:
> There is always flaws in some methodology when you don't like what you see.

Some are more fundamental than others, such as to double-count on the same metric.

> Get over it clown boy, no one of sound mind is dreaming of a NJ retirement. Fact be it, people are
> getting the hell out at an incredible rate.

Let them. The reality is that fewer bail than you might realize. For example, the street I'm
on is roughly one third retirees, half of which moved here from elsewhere within NJ, indicating
that they could have moved out of state but chose not to.

> A lot coming to Texas where I live. And the good news is they are NOT liberals anymore.
> They got it, they fled from shit, they do not want shit again.

Apparently, they just love sweating their balls off when playing a round of golf.

How many days in a row has the high temperature been over 90F for you?
Looks like its ~100F yet again in SE Texas today ... meantime, its 79F; RH 30% here. Again.

-hh
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

-hh

Aug 14, 2022, 6:18:40 PM8/14/22
On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 5:09:11 PM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:
> LOL! Spin it any way you want clownie. The numbers are what they are.
> Very few retirees have NJ on their short list.

Never suggested it as a prime destination to move *to*; just noting that many don’t leave.

> Just because your street has roughly 1/3 retirees, so what. Talk about a crappy
> sample size, you know better than that, well maybe not.

Oh, I know it’s anecdotal, but it still is an observation and has the nuance
of people who did sell a home but still stayed in NJ instead of just whining.

> And yea, it is hot here. But you know what clownie. I bet our upscale country clubs
> are WAY cheaper than those in NJ. I mean way cheaper.

You tried & lost that ‘bet’ back in February:
“$0 membership fee, then $1200/yr (family is $2K), then $33/rd with cart. [drops 🎤 ] ”

> Given that golf is less expensive, and we play year round, so what if there are
> a few hot days. You start early, and then you retreat to the air conditioned
> clubhouse and enjoy a few cold beers.

Except it isn’t actually cheaper, plus the heat crimps what your options are: you’re
admitting here that have to get up at the crack of dawn and still getting broiled
before your round is done.

Case in point, just when was the last day this year where the morning low was
actually comfortable, as in below 75F at dawn? Early June? And what’s the
coolest it’s been by the end of a round…say, 11:30am?

> While we watch the news and see you clowns below zero and blizzard conditions,
> we are playing golf. So the golf thing clownie, well you got to do better than that.
> But.....good try!

Nah, you’re still busy paying to get rid of that blue tarp on your roof from the last
Hurricane which swept through…southeast TX gets hit more frequently with such
tropical storms than NJ gets blizzards. Plus there’s also snow skiing here too,
for those who aren’t boringly monosport.

-hh

Tom Elam

Aug 14, 2022, 9:51:25 PM8/14/22
"The street I live on"

Now that's whole of other level of flawed metrology! Like maybe 10^5.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

-hh

Aug 15, 2022, 2:46:05 AM8/15/22
On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 11:27:48 PM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:
Dodge.

> > > While we watch the news and see you clowns below zero and blizzard conditions,
> > > we are playing golf. So the golf thing clownie, well you got to do better than that.
> > > But.....good try!
> >
> > Nah, you’re still busy paying to get rid of that blue tarp on your roof from the last
> > Hurricane which swept through…southeast TX gets hit more frequently with such
> > tropical storms than NJ gets blizzards. Plus there’s also snow skiing here too,
> > for those who aren’t boringly monosport.
>

> Snow skiing in NJ?. Now that is a laugh. You are talking to an expert skiier here, and
> no one mentions NJ as a skiing destination, that is a first.

Even fewer mention Texas for snow skiing.

> Well I did some research, you do have some small hills that survive only because of snowmaking.
> And the last few years I see have been really bad snow wise. You want to talk about skiing, well
> NJ is not in the conversation 6-8 hours to the north, you have Vt, NH, Lake Placid, that is skiing,
> but not NJ. LOL! The best skiing is in Colorado, Utah, etc. A quick plane trip for me, a lot quicker
> than flying out of that shithole Newark

You had to do "some research" even though you also tried & lost that gambit back in February too:

"The options are local, PA, NY, and New England (VT), all of which are just a drive away;
distances are as little as 30 minutes from work, which facilitates twilight/night weekdays,
but most are day trips. Hunter (NY) is a 2hr drive...For VT, that's always an overnighter, but
its still just 4hrs (+stops) to Killington, or 5hrs to Sugarbush...head out on Thursday PM
before a Flexday friday stacked with a Flex Monday and one can do 4 nights with zero vacation
days burned."

Its $300+ for a San Antonio - Denver nonstop (to not be too much longer on time), plus baggage fees,
rental car, less flexibility, etc.

> Monosport? What the hell does that mean?

It means interests in things other than just one sport, e.g., golf.

> Yes, we have our share of bad weather, no doubt, and it can be bad at times. Does not stop people from
> coming. The pluses far outweigh the negatives....

I've said the same about NJ, yet morons try to keep on harping on how the people who leave here can
actually afford to pay for a professional moving van company, which biases the so-called "metric" to
that of the upper class, not everyone. Likewise, rely on 'retirement' story websites which are flawed by
double- and triple-dipping on cost of living to try to promote cheap shithole states where you sweat
your balls off.

> I understand that people live there and make the best of it due to family and jobs. The yankees are
> coming here in droves, young and old...

NJ Median household income is over $85K/yr, which is 33% higher than Texas's <$64K/yr.
For TX, its really just to a few places, like Austin. I was just there last summer on business
and yes, its a growing innovation hub of Blue voters, but their infrastructure support enterprise
is decades behind and is falling further behind each week; pass.

-hh
Message has been deleted

-hh

Aug 15, 2022, 5:48:14 PM8/15/22
On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 4:52:53 PM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:
> Sorry to say clown boy, none of us are sweating our balls off.

Must be because you lack the balls.

> That is why we have AC!

Oh, so all of your golf is miniature, indoor courses…good to know!

> Try as you climate change fanatics may, it is here to stay.

Along with the electric bill.

> And frankly clown boy, I would rather be too hot than too cold. It is a lot easier
> to cool off when hot, then warm up when cold. The number of deaths from
> the cold proves it, I just did a quick search. More people die from cold exposure
> than heat.

Since you “just looked it up”, provide the cite.
Because this one says ~3:1 for heat vs cold:
< https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Which-Kills-More-People-Extreme-Heat-or-Extreme-Cold>

> But frankly who cares.

You do. That’s why you troll on stuff like this.

> Bottom line, the ultimate bottom line, is that NJ is seeing more people leave
> at a rate that exceeds practically every other state.

Not from the source you cite: it merely shows that NJ has more wealthier
households who can afford to hire professional movers. Now what was
that you were just saying about living with income inequity? /s

-hh

-hh

Aug 16, 2022, 11:35:03 AM8/16/22
On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 5:48:14 PM UTC-4, -hh wrote:
> On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 4:52:53 PM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:

Since you girls don't want to criticize wallethub's methodology at all, the
ramifications are that you have to now suck it up and accept it when they
publish another similar comparison work:

1 MA 62.65 44 10 1 6 4
2 NJ 62.01 48 39 5 7 1

<https://wallethub.com/edu/best-states-to-live-in/62617>

FYI, if you're looking for Washington or Texas, they're down at 26th & 34th places.
Even Florida is in 7th (barely beating Wyoming), a full five places behind NJ.

-hh