Re: Hey Porkchops! Like it Greek style?

original

Jul 7, 2004, 8:45:49 AM7/7/04
"fritz" <fr...@yahfritz.com> wrote in message news:<lr6dnaFyI_z...@look.ca>...
> > Shut up and learn how to play football (have the guts to play without
> > keeping 10 players defending.
>
> I didn't watch the game so can someone tell me if what I'm reading is correct.
> It sounds like they were playing Soccer's equivalent of the NHL trap.
> If they were and it won the Championship I think it'll be a safe bet that
> other teams will adopt this style of play. Wouldn't it be a kick in the ass to
> the honourable Mr. Burro if "P" started using this system and won a tournament.
> Because his honour would prevent him from cheering this weak-ass style of play.
>
> CO -bullshit- UGH :-0

...yeah, something like the trap. basically, it's man to man coverage
in D, while the mids and forwards run their asses off working both
ends of the field. Anyone who saw the game and knows anything about
soccer will tell you that the defense on the Greek side was just
too much for ANY of the other teams. The style resembles Catenaccio, an
Italian concept with heavier emphasis on D, and tactical tackles. In
short, the idiot to whom you're responding doesn't know squat about soccer,
and much like his name suggests is nothing more than a jackass.....
have fun;)

Meio Burro

Jul 7, 2004, 5:41:01 PM7/7/04
Wrong. Half a Jack Ass. You're the full monty. ;)