Most frequently misspelled FF names?

Andrew C. Lannen

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
I want to do a survey of the most frequently misspelled names in
fantasy football. Off the top of my head, I can think of:

Steve Beuerlein (Probably the hardest to get right)
Edgerrin James (Multiple misspellings of first name)
Muhsin Muhammad (Everyone calls him "Mushin")
Cris Carter (Don't call me "Chris"!)
Brett Favre (Not Farve, dammit!)
Germane Crowell (Lost count of variations on his first name)
Jon Kitna (There's no damn "h" in it! See Cris Carter for details)
Errict Rhett (No, I don't know why there is a "t" after Erric)
Emmitt Smith (Two "t"s in Emmitt, please)
Antowain Smith (What the hell kinda name is that, anyway?)

Can anyone add to the list?

Andrew

Mike Hemmer

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
How about Az-Zahir Hakim....

Andrew Weiskopf

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
Andrew C. Lannen wrote:

> I want to do a survey of the most frequently misspelled names in
> fantasy football. Off the top of my head, I can think of:
>

> Cris Carter (Don't call me "Chris"!)

I shook my head in amazement when I saw a new Charles Schwab commercial
this past weekend, with Minnesota Vikings receiver CHRIS Carter giving
investment advice.

Watch for it this weekend... see if they've corrected the misspelling.
Sigh...

-Andy

Adamcapp

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala .....

Adam Caplan
-Host StatsWorld Fantasy Football '99 Radio Show and Webcast
http://www.profootballradio.com
-Writer Fantasy Sports Publications
http://www.fspnet.com
-Columnist Game Time Sports
http://www.2gametime.com

Jim4Jol

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
How about the king.......Biakabutuka. I can't even come close on his first
name.

DAVE

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
I'd have to go with:

Tim Biakabutuka
Mike Vanderjagt
Eric Zeier
Chris Fuamatu-Maafala
Jay Riemersma

With an honorable mention to retired kicker Donald Igwebuike

Dave
NGFFL Founding Owner
The Lewinsky Swallows 9-3

In article <D0hFOF+OzgqBv0...@4ax.com>, Andrew C. Lannen

<and...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I want to do a survey of the most frequently misspelled names in
>fantasy football. Off the top of my head, I can think of:
>

>Steve Beuerlein (Probably the hardest to get right)
>Edgerrin James (Multiple misspellings of first name)
>Muhsin Muhammad (Everyone calls him "Mushin")

>Cris Carter (Don't call me "Chris"!)

Cramden

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
Iheanyi Uwaezuoke
Tshimanga Biakabutuka
Amos Zereoue

Adamcapp <adam...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

ILMO Commish

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
Jimmy Smith is pretty tough :)

Cramden

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
I thought it was Smythe ????

ILMO Commish <ilmoc...@aol.com> wrote in message

Jim Peplow

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
Tshimanga Biakabutuka

Randy Tabor

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
It's kind of surprising, but I see Corey Dillon's name misspelled more
than the others. I don't know how many times I've seen it as "Dillion."

"Andrew C. Lannen" wrote:

> Andrew

Bricks

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
joe horn

Brian Ralph, CNE

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
Joe Horn ;-)

--
Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, then beat
you with experience.

Steve Foz

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
>Iheanyi Uwaezuoke

I just want to know who in fantasy football is misspelling this guys name, let
alone even mentioning him?

Steve Foz, Red Meat, PFFL
http://members.aol.com/thepffl

W.Rieger

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
A few years back Haywood Jeffires would get everyone
in our league. (throw them "fries" in the "fire"!)

Andrew C. Lannen wrote:

> I want to do a survey of the most frequently misspelled names in
> fantasy football. Off the top of my head, I can think of:
>
> Steve Beuerlein (Probably the hardest to get right)
> Edgerrin James (Multiple misspellings of first name)
> Muhsin Muhammad (Everyone calls him "Mushin")
> Cris Carter (Don't call me "Chris"!)
> Brett Favre (Not Farve, dammit!)
> Germane Crowell (Lost count of variations on his first name)
> Jon Kitna (There's no damn "h" in it! See Cris Carter for details)
> Errict Rhett (No, I don't know why there is a "t" after Erric)
> Emmitt Smith (Two "t"s in Emmitt, please)
> Antowain Smith (What the hell kinda name is that, anyway?)

Rodney T Walker

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
In article <384558FC...@cetek.com>,

Andrew Weiskopf <a.wei...@cetek.com> wrote:
>I shook my head in amazement when I saw a new Charles Schwab commercial
>this past weekend, with Minnesota Vikings receiver CHRIS Carter giving
>investment advice.
>
>Watch for it this weekend... see if they've corrected the misspelling.
>Sigh...

Cool - I thought it was just me who saw that on Sunday. When his name
popped up, my first thought was "hey - that's Cris, not Chris!". I sure
hope they spelled his name right on his paycheck.

Course, they get Dikembe Mutombo's name spelled right on his commercial.

Rodney

TFKermit

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
Darren Chiviarieni

Andrew Brecher

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
ziegler.

Steve Margolis

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
- -
Steve "The Tennessee Trader" Margolis
Writer, Fantasy Football Commentary

CEO and Creator of the NGFFL: NewsGroup.Fantasy.Football.Leagues

Expanding to 5 leagues for the 2000 season!

Jim Peplow

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
>Last year we had one of the guys girlfriends post the picks on a big board.
>She murdered a lot of the names, but my favorite was when she posted ......
>Nate Tronmeans.

Reminds me of a story Vin Scully told once about the first time he heard
about Roberto Kelly of the Yankees. He thought he was an Irishman - Robert
O'Kelly

Jim

Cary Pont

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
Yeah, I saw it again on Monday night football. I decided to call them. I spoke
to a rep and he knew about Carter and the tv spot but had no idea about the
proper spelling of his name. I said to him that this is a company that is
supposed to care of their clients money and should be quite detail oriented.He
agreed and said he will let his superiors know of the problem. Before hanging
up I advised him that they had my name spelled incorrectly as well.
The proper spelling I said to him is
B I L L G A T E S. Needless to say he didn't go for that and we ended the
conversation with a good chuckle.>Subject: Re: Most frequently misspelled FF
names?
>From: Andrew Weiskopf a.wei...@cetek.com
>Date: Wed, 01 December 1999 12:21 PM EST

>Andrew C. Lannen wrote:
>
>> I want to do a survey of the most frequently misspelled names in
>> fantasy football. Off the top of my head, I can think of:
>>
>> Cris Carter (Don't call me "Chris"!)
>
>I shook my head in amazement when I saw a new Charles Schwab commercial
>this past weekend, with Minnesota Vikings receiver CHRIS Carter giving
>investment advice.
>
>Watch for it this weekend... see if they've corrected the misspelling.
>Sigh...
>
>-Andy

Cary Pont

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
I would have to say for several years now would be 2 of the all time great
kickers.
Morten and Gary, Andersen and Anderson>Subject: Most frequently misspelled FF
names?
>From: Andrew C. Lannen and...@ix.netcom.com
>Date: Wed, 01 December 1999 11:26 AM EST

> I want to do a survey of the most frequently misspelled names in
>fantasy football. Off the top of my head, I can think of:
>
>Steve Beuerlein (Probably the hardest to get right)
>Edgerrin James (Multiple misspellings of first name)
>Muhsin Muhammad (Everyone calls him "Mushin")
>Cris Carter (Don't call me "Chris"!)

HAPPYROCK5

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
Dave Browne and Joe Potatoe

newsserv.freeway.net

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99

Last year we had one of the guys girlfriends post the picks on a big board.
She murdered a lot of the names, but my favorite was when she posted ......
Nate Tronmeans.

ranger ryq

Cary Pont

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
The legendary sweet story telling voice of the great Vin Scully. It's time for
Dodgers baseball. Pull up a seat and join us for awhile, won't you.>Subject:
Re: Most frequently misspelled FF names?
>From: "Jim Peplow" jpe...@bcag.org
>Date: Thu, 02 December 1999 12:53 AM EST

>>Last year we had one of the guys girlfriends post the picks on a big board.
>>She murdered a lot of the names, but my favorite was when she posted ......
>>Nate Tronmeans.

Carl Zeutzius

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
ray...@aol.com (Raygs67) wrote:
Ricky Waters
not Watters

Please enlighten us as to where you found this out. Every source I have
seen spells his name Watters.

Carl Zeutzius

Carl Zeutzius

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
or did you mean that people misspell it Waters?

Jim Brainard

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
Probably used an entire bottle of white-out on this guy in the 80's

Donald Igwebuike

Place Kicker Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Raygs67

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Ricky Waters
not Watters

LeeDog23

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
How Gus Frerotte...I often see people spell it F-E-R-O-T-T-E.

Andrew C. Lannen

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
On Thu, 02 Dec 1999 21:55:39 -0800, Jim Brainard <big...@seanet.com>
wrote:

>Probably used an entire bottle of white-out on this guy in the 80's
>
>Donald Igwebuike
>
>Place Kicker Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I always knew how to spell it. Of course, I've been a Buc fan
since 1976, which helps immensely in learning Buc player names. How
about the Kicker who Igwebuike took over for: Obed Ariri --
translated roughly as "God only knows."

Another name: Adam Vinatieri
I often see it spelled as Vinateri or Viniateri.

Andrew

Cary Pont

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Isn't he the child molester puke scum or was it Rafael Septian. Maybe both. i
know he got busted for something real sick.>Subject: Re: Most frequently
misspelled FF names?
>From: Jim Brainard big...@seanet.com
>Date: Fri, 03 December 1999 12:55 AM EST

zlingen

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
It is too Watters with 2 Ts. Here you are telling us how to spell it and
you don't even know?
zlingen

Raygs67 <ray...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Ricky Waters
> not Watters

The Conquistador

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
I saw that same commercial during the game last night, and had noticed the
mis-spelling earlier.
It was corrected in the airing last night.
--
- The Conquistador
NGFFL "Predators" - Founding Owner

Andrew Weiskopf <a.wei...@cetek.com> wrote:

> Andrew C. Lannen wrote:
>
> > I want to do a survey of the most frequently misspelled names in
> > fantasy football. Off the top of my head, I can think of:
> >

> > Cris Carter (Don't call me "Chris"!)

Andrew C. Lannen

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
On 03 Dec 1999 08:42:51 GMT, ocf...@aol.com (Cary Pont) wrote:

>Isn't he the child molester puke scum or was it Rafael Septian. Maybe both. i
>know he got busted for something real sick.

Igwebuike was not arrested for child molesting. It might be
Septian -- I don't know. Igwebuike was arrested on suspicion of drug
trafficking, but authorities then admitted they goofed, cleared him of
the charges, and apologized for arresting the wrong guy. This was all
after he retired from football.

Andrew

Cary Pont

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
I think raygs67 got Ricky Watters misspelled in thinking of the former Eagles
DB Andre Waters.>Subject: Re: Most frequently misspelled FF names?
>From: "zlingen" zli...@world.oberlin.edu
>Date: Fri, 03 December 1999 04:25 AM EST

Cary Pont

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Okay, thanks Andrew. i knew he arrested for something very bad. Glad to hear he
was innocent. that is a real rarity and a conforting surprise. I can understand
how a pro athlete needs a sideline job to make up for the lack of pay they
receive.
Take care,
Cary>Subject: Re: Most frequently misspelled FF names?
>From: Andrew C. Lannen and...@ix.netcom.com
>Date: Fri, 03 December 1999 02:11 PM EST

The Magnificent Bastard

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
Anything from Dummy Barbarino.........

Cordially,

The Magnificent Bastard

"Andrew C. Lannen" wrote:

> I want to do a survey of the most frequently misspelled names in
> fantasy football. Off the top of my head, I can think of:
>

> Steve Beuerlein (Probably the hardest to get right)
> Edgerrin James (Multiple misspellings of first name)
> Muhsin Muhammad (Everyone calls him "Mushin")

> Cris Carter (Don't call me "Chris"!)

Mark Bianchi

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
Muhsin MUHAMMAD

can't say how many versions of this I've seen

Oronde Gadsden No Gadsen or Gadson
Cary Pont <ocf...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I think raygs67 got Ricky Watters misspelled in thinking of the former
Eagles

> DB Andre Waters.>Subject: Re: Most frequently misspelled FF names?
> >From: "zlingen" zli...@world.oberlin.edu

rogerm

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99
When Yancey Thigpen played was in early years at Pittsburgh, I though his
name was pigpen.

"Andrew C. Lannen" <and...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Mark Bianchi

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99