NCAA survey: gee, what a surprise...

The NOTBCS Guy

Sep 24, 2021, 7:43:51 PMSep 24
As part of the upcoming "Constitutional Committee" meeting, there was a survey among NCAA commissioners, ADs, coaches, and athletes across all three divisions.

When asked, "Should the NCAA's divisions be restructured," the "yes" response among "conference administators" was:
Power 5 schools: 70%
Non-Power 5 Division I schools: 45%
Division II and III: about 35%

When asked to elaborate about changes, two of the things that stood out were:
Separate the Power 5 schools into their own division;
Remove FBS football (and I have a feeling a few of those responses meant "remove Power 5, or even a subset of those teams, football") from "NCAA oversight" (not sure if this means a clean break or not, as who, for example, would write the playing rules - hint: not the NFL).

Michael Falkner

Sep 25, 2021, 7:32:22 PMSep 25
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 4:43:51 PM UTC-7, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:

> When asked to elaborate about changes, two of the things that stood out were:
> Separate the Power 5 schools into their own division;
> Remove FBS football (and I have a feeling a few of those responses meant "remove Power 5, or even a subset of those teams, football") from "NCAA oversight" (not sure if this means a clean break or not, as who, for example, would write the playing rules - hint: not the NFL).

The schools would not be able to do it themselves, because the NFL has made numerous attempts at trying to create a minor league when they already have one!

Mike