Fox around my place

Ken Olson

Jun 30, 2017, 12:35:24 AM6/30/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vuvkr6G2k

Making noises kind of like the above a couple of nights ago. I got
within about 100 feet of it.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 30, 2017, 8:48:15 AM6/30/17
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 00:35:21 -0400, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vuvkr6G2k
>
>Making noises kind of like the above a couple of nights ago. I got
>within about 100 feet of it.

I was advised not to try to pet the wolves at the zoo. But they looked
liked they were smiling at me.

Liberals are the only animals I don't like.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

Some dued

Jun 30, 2017, 9:12:11 AM6/30/17
When I was younger and zoos were less concerned with lawsuits I petted an Arctic Fox and a Rhino at the Tulsa zoo.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 10:09:09 AM6/30/17
Cool. We had a couple come trotting up last week.

Also a new round of fawns.

xyzzy

Jun 30, 2017, 10:10:48 AM6/30/17
On Friday, June 30, 2017 at 10:09:09 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Cool. We had a couple come trotting up last week.
>
> Also a new round of fawns.

Snacks for the foxes?

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 10:14:51 AM6/30/17
Coyotes.

I've told my neighbors that the coyotes will go down if I can get to my bow and have a clear shot towards the pond.

I love the foxes, rabbits, deer, etc. but the coyotes I have no love for in suburbia.

xyzzy

Jun 30, 2017, 11:08:18 AM6/30/17
Yep, those bass turds moved into my neighborhood a few years ago and literally cleaned out all the barn/outdoor cats and small dogs. We've also seen a lot fewer rabbits, fawns, etc since they moved in. The squirrel population has increased though, go figure.

They are damb hard to shoot. Very elusive and cagey. Anyone who can get a shout should blast away at any time!

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 30, 2017, 11:30:32 AM6/30/17
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 06:12:08 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
<theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>When I was younger and zoos were less concerned with lawsuits I petted an Arctic Fox and a Rhino at the Tulsa zoo.

So far that's the only thing about you that has made me jealous.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 30, 2017, 11:32:27 AM6/30/17
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 07:14:48 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Coyotes.
>
>I've told my neighbors that the coyotes will go down if I can get to my bow

What pull?

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jun 30, 2017, 1:42:30 PM6/30/17
On 2017-06-30, the_andr...@yahoo.com <agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool. We had a couple come trotting up last week.
>
> Also a new round of fawns.

There's a road up the way from my house called "Fox Run". And if you
hang around it long enough, you see why it was named that. They totally
populate the creek that it crosses.

--
Fast, reliable, cheap. Pick two and we'll talk.
-- unknown

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 1:57:29 PM6/30/17
They are definitely wily.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 30, 2017, 5:29:50 PM6/30/17
Nice. We used to have foxes along the tree line in my backyard - but they didn't come back this year which makes me sad. I don't miss them digging in my garden, but I do miss the kits cavorting in my backyard at twilight

Ken Olson

Jun 30, 2017, 10:10:29 PM6/30/17
There's about 4 of those that hang around pretty close to our 5 acres.
I've just about hit them driving into our driveway.