Re: Northeastern San Fernando Valley now looks like Tijuana

walt tonne

Sep 24, 2011, 2:39:46 PM9/24/11
On Sep 24, 12:54 pm, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:
> This is nearly 10 years old, but if anything, the northeast San Fernando
> Valley resembles filthy, crime-ridden Tijuana more than ever.
>
>      After WWII, the San Fernando Valley was the nirvana of the common
>      man, the Promised Land where the average Joe could afford to buy
>      his place in the sun. Now The Valley might once again become a
>      leader. If it manages to secede from Los Angeles and become an
>      independent city of 1.35 million, it could confirm a national trend
>      toward downsizing America's big cities.
>
>      [...]
>
>      Much has changed in The Valley. The weather has grown even
>      lovelier. The smog has radically diminished, thanks to the kind of
>      environmental laws that establishment "conservatives" constantly
>      disparage, much to their electoral detriment.
>
>      [...]
>
>      To somebody with a fondness for the middle-class egalitarianism of
>      my youth, many of the changes are disquieting. Verbalists like me
>      have filtered into Studio City to replace the engineers. At the
>      local Kinko's, screenwriters photocopy their scripts all night
>      long. The new generation of school kids can't tell a P-38 from an
>      F-117, but can offer well-informed opinions on whether Attack of
>      the Clones will open even bigger than Spider-Man.
>
>      The old Valley, with its abundance of skinflint machinists and
>      engineers, was one of the do-it-yourself capitols of America. But
>      the local screenwriters, lawyers, dealmakers, and character actors
>      who now live along the Hollywood Hills in the affluent white
>      southern tier of The Valley tend to have better verbal than visual
>      intelligence. So they rely on an enormous number of Spanish-
>      speaking immigrants for anything that would require getting their
>      hands dirty. Wages for Hispanics are kept low by the constant
>      pressure of the "reserve army of the unemployed" arriving daily
>      from south of the border. A Guatemalan gardener makes about 10% as
>      much per hour as a white personal trainer.
>
>      Beyond the fifth grade level, the public schools are a mess, due in
>      part to immigration-driven overcrowding and language problems. An
>      abundance of private schools with annual costs in the $12,000 to
>      $19,200 range have taken up the slack for the wealthy.
>
>      In contrast to the lush neighborhoods south of the Ventura Freeway,
>      the northeast and central sections of the Valley look like Tijuana.
>      People on both sides of the secession fight cite this constantly.
>      Anti-secessionists in West L.A. suggest that any place that looks
>      as dreary as The Valley needs the guidance of the enlightened
>      Westside. Secessionists argue that the scruffiness is because Los
>      Angeles has treated The Valley like a redheaded stepchild.
>
>      Municipal government can only do so much about this problem. Much
>      of The Valley looks like Tijuana for the simple reason that many of
>      its inhabitants used to live in Tijuana. That's the direct
>      responsibility of Washington D.C.

> [...]

It gives me no great pleasure at all to have to write about it, but
the
facts are clear. An area that once was a decent lower-middle class
place to live, where *American* blue collar workers could send their
kids to safe schools, enjoy a decent piece of the American dream and
feel secure in their communities, is now a slice of Tijuana. It's a
shithole, and it's a shithole because America-hating leftists created
an
immigration regime that brought a flood of mostly illegal Mexican
immigrants here in furtherance of a destroy-America agenda.

"A good illegal alien is a dead illegal alien". No crime, no filth, no
decay.

http://www.newnation.org/ New Nation News

arizonajohn

Sep 24, 2011, 5:42:49 PM9/24/11
Well written Walt. I worked on that Mexican border, and used to have to
tip toe around the piles of feces when crossing a parking lot in
Calexico. There were piles of shit everywhere that there was an object
partially blocking the view of the street. It spread out from there
because at night there were enough shadows for the Mexicans to shit in
view of the street. You dare not venture off the sidewalk.
I had some tourists ask me how to get back to the US. They had been
walking around town shopping for Mexican crap, and they were
disappointed when I told them they were in the US. They never had
crossed into Mexico.
The liberals want the entire US to look like that. What 'til their
grandkids come home from school with TB, or some unidentifiable
bacterial disease. Then they can tell us how we need Mexicans.
They wipe their ass with our lettuce in the fields, and they shit on the
cantaloupes. Hell, they shit in potted plants in the mall.

Al Nakba

Sep 27, 2011, 4:56:46 AM9/27/11
"i like to be in America! everything free in America!"