Finally ACC football does something smrat

xyzzy

May 10, 2022, 5:33:10 PM5/10/22
Ditching divisions for a schedule where schools play each other more often.

ACC is ‘closer to the end’ in conversations to do away with league’s
football divisions
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article261311997.html

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

xyzzy

May 10, 2022, 5:35:29 PM5/10/22
xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ditching divisions for a schedule where schools play each other more often.
>

> ACC is ‘closer to the end’ in conversations to do away with league’s
> football divisions
> https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article261311997.html

Quoting:

In that scenario, teams would play the same three opponents every season,
in addition to a group of five teams in even years and the other five
remaining teams in odd years. It would take two seasons, and not the
current six, or more, for every ACC team to play every other team in the
conference.

The NOTBCS Guy

May 11, 2022, 12:29:58 PM5/11/22
I would like to see the New And Improved Division I Bylaws (to be released in early August) first, to see if the ACC is allowed to get rid of divisions and not have a full round-robin schedule but still be allowed to play a conference championship game without having to beg the NCAA for a waiver.

JGibson

May 11, 2022, 11:44:53 PM5/11/22
On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 12:29:58 PM UTC-4, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
> I would like to see the New And Improved Division I Bylaws (to be released in early August) first, to see if the ACC is allowed to get rid of divisions and not have a full round-robin schedule but still be allowed to play a conference championship game without having to beg the NCAA for a waiver.

According the article on ESPN, about the ACC's proposal:

-QUOTE-
Earlier this week, the NCAA Football Oversight Committee recommended conferences no longer be required to have divisions to hold a conference championship game. The Division I Council is set to vote on it later this month, when it is expected to pass.
-END QUOTE-