article recommendation

mercellusb

Jan 20, 2023, 4:05:46 PM1/20/23
You'll need to sign up, but there's a free subscription option.

https://richardhanania.substack.com/p/why-the-media-is-honest-and-good

xyzzy

Jan 20, 2023, 10:10:47 PM1/20/23
mercellusb <tdr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You'll need to sign up, but there's a free subscription option.
>
> https://richardhanania.substack.com/p/why-the-media-is-honest-and-good

I was able to read it without a sign in. Thanks. For people who will refuse
to read it just based on the URL or headline, the author is a conservative
media critic who basically says that while the MSM is flawed, basically all
other alternatives are much worse.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jan 21, 2023, 6:24:00 AM1/21/23
On 2023-01-21, xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> mercellusb <tdr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You'll need to sign up, but there's a free subscription option.
>>
>> https://richardhanania.substack.com/p/why-the-media-is-honest-and-good
>>

> I was able to read it without a sign in. Thanks. For people who will refuse
> to read it just based on the URL or headline, the author is a conservative
> media critic who basically says that while the MSM is flawed, basically all
> other alternatives are much worse.

It's a continuum. I like today's landscape, where all ideas can get out
even if they're BS. The worst feature of the mainstream media is not their
reporting, it's their narrative-herding. Egregious instances like the killing
of the Hunter Biden story are extreme examples, but they are very, very, bad
and do a lot to counterbalance the positives.

So bottom line for me is that I am glad they don't have iron control
of the narrative any more.

--
Tolerance will reach such a level that intelligent people will be
banned fromj thinking so as not to offend the imbeciles.

Corky

Jan 21, 2023, 7:15:45 AM1/21/23
On Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 5:24:00 AM UTC-6, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> On 2023-01-21, xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > mercellusb <tdr...@gmail.com> wrote:

The MSM simply isn't interested in investigative reporting anymore unless it's against their perceived enemy. Why did American media go from questioning the State and speaking truth to doing their bidding?