restaurant review: buffalo wild wings....

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 12:47:39 PM1/31/10
About 11-1115 or so last night a buddy picked me up and me, his gf,
some other guy I didn't know, and two girls head down to buffalo wild
wings to do two things: eat a bunch of wings, drink a bunch of beer.

I walk in and the place is a little loud for me. It's the kind of
loudness where you have to shout directly into the person's ear for
them to hear you. I hate that. Other things I disliked about the
place:

1) they were playing country music...loudly of course. blah.
2) it was too crowded at first to even get a booth, so we had to stand
around the bar and down beers for 10 minutes until we miraculously got
a booth.
3) most of the waitresses were at least 7's, but there were a few 4's
and 5's, which is unacceptable for a saturday night. If on a saturday
night they have to bring in some 4's and 5's, I'd hate to imagine what
the tuesday evening staff looks like.

I don't even look at the menu because I know I want wings and beer. I
tell our waitress(thankfully one of the cute ones) to bring me a
pitcher of Amstel light. She then asks how many different tickets we
need and the male douche I don't know says "just put it on the
underhill's tab". Haha, I bet she only hears that about 50 times a
week, yet she still manages to laugh and show off perfect teeth.

I get the honey mustard flavored wings(16 of them with celery and blue
cheese) and they are passable. They are fairly big with a good bit of
meat on them. The beer is cold and not watered down either. After a
pitcher and a half the music is starting to annoy me less and the cute
girls my friend's gf brought along are starting to look hawter.
Unfortunately both are dumb, 20 or 21, attend a local junior college,
and say absolutely nothing interesting all night. Where my friend
finds these type of girls I have no idea, but how the hell am I
supposed to hold a conversation with 20 year olds like this I don't
know.

Back to the food....one of the girls ordered a cheesburger, and i
tasted it and it was dreadful. Just dreadful. So my advice would be
if you ever find yourself in a buffalo wild wings, just go with the
wings and beer.

Overall grade for the restaurant(assuming you just want beer and
wings): C+

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 12:49:05 PM1/31/10

addendum: It *may* have been a wild wings care. Im actually not
sure. Either way, is there a difference?

deem...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2010, 12:56:03 PM1/31/10
On Jan 31, 12:47 pm, mianderson <mianderso...@gmail.com> wrote:

Where do you find places that water down their beer?

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 12:59:44 PM1/31/10

seems like some of the taps are different at different places......

Jim Brown

Jan 31, 2010, 1:01:29 PM1/31/10
>    Where do you find places that water down their beer?-

I dont know how anyone can even stand tap beer. I avoid cans as
well. Of course, I dont drink much anymore, but IIHATSAI, its in a
bottle.

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 1:04:36 PM1/31/10

I got a pitcher of amstel light for like 9 dollars+....a pitcher is
60oz(the equivalent of five bottles). Amstel light bottles are
probably 3.75 or so each, so thats like 17-18 dollars.....

yeah given the choice I'd probably rather have 5 bottles as well. I
guess. But it's not worth almost double the price.

 I avoid cans as
> well.  Of course, I dont drink much anymore, but IIHATSAI, its in a

> bottle.- Hide quoted text -

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 1:05:37 PM1/31/10

another reason to just get a pitcher is that when it's a busy fri or
saturday night, the waitress is busy as well and can't get to your
table fast enough if you order 1 or 2 bottles at a time.....

deem...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2010, 1:14:46 PM1/31/10

They're probably dirty. No one waters down beer....now,
liquor......

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 1:20:43 PM1/31/10

it seems to me the financial incentive of watering down liquor isn't
very good.(then again the same could be said for beer).

A fifth of jack daniels(just to pick one example) is going to cost a
bar at wholesale prices about 22 dollars or whatever. Assuming an
average "pour" of 1.5 ounces, that means the cost to the bar of that
pour is about $1.30 or so.....for a $6-7 drink.

Yeah you could water it down and take that $1.30 cost down to $1 or
so, but if just a few people suspect it you're pissing away drink buys
just to take a 500% profit into a 600% profit.........

it would take 16 or so pours of water down jack in coke to recover the
lost profit from just *ONE* drink buy........doesn't seem like a good
strategy.

GrtArtiste

Jan 31, 2010, 1:23:04 PM1/31/10
On Jan 31, 12:49 pm, mianderson <mianderso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> addendum:  It *may* have been a wild wings care.  Im actually not
> sure.  Either way, is there a difference?

Possibly not...but why bother posting if you're not sure? From your
post-you liked the beer-the wings you ate were okay-you didn't like
the music (which was probably played by another patron)-the place was
busy (maybe not to your liking, but usually a positive rather than
being negative). I've been to BW-3 numerous times. The most recent was
for the tOSU-Navy game. I needed to provide transportation for others,
but didn't have a ticket myself. I wouldn't attempt to go to the
campus location on game day, but I found one on High St near Morse Rd.
Excellent place for a game. Nothing wrong with the food (wings/wild
and onion rings/lots). Only downside was being the designated driver
so I had to be satisfied with non-beer. When I go for wings locally
(Toledo), it's a coin flip between BW-3 and Fricker's (which also
offers Keno...so I can lose money if I want to).

GrtArtiste

deem...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2010, 1:28:10 PM1/31/10

Should be a lot less than that.

 Assuming an
> average "pour" of 1.5 ounces, that means the cost to the bar of that
> pour is about $1.30 or so.....for a $6-7 drink.

They make more than that. A $6-7 drink costs them under a dollar.
If you put 1.25 oz in the drink, you're saving 1/6 cost....which is
substantial when you're selling thousands of drinks.

> Yeah you could water it down and take that $1.30 cost down to $1 or
> so, but if just a few people suspect it you're pissing away drink buys
> just to take a 500% profit into a 600% profit.........
>
> it would take 16 or so pours of water down jack in coke to recover the
> lost profit from just *ONE* drink buy........doesn't seem like a good
> strategy.

Not saying it makes sense, but I've been aware of several places
that either put less than a shot in shot drinks or substituted cheaper
booze in mixed drinks. I've never heard of a place that waters down
beer.

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 1:37:15 PM1/31/10

eh...it really depends on the drink. Most bars for example don't
charge a different price for a jack and coke vs a grey goose and oj,
but the grey goose and oj is going to cost them more than a dollar
because wholesale for a fifth of grey goose is at least 25 bucks I
know.....

> If you put 1.25 oz in the drink, you're saving 1/6 cost....which is
> substantial when you're selling thousands of drinks.

and if just a small % of customers notices that they get a little less
liquor in their drinks, you piss away $5 in profit to save 1/6th of
about a dollar depending on the drink.....

and lots of people who frequent bars/clubs regularly do know which
bars/clubs give large pours as opposed to short pours.

The main incentive imo for a bar/club to give shorter pours rather
than larger pours is not just to save some fraction of the liquor cost
but to over the night get that person to feel the need for an extra
drink buy.....

armpit

Jan 31, 2010, 2:12:37 PM1/31/10

"Jim Brown" <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

--

What beer are you drinking that you would choose bottled over draft? Even
dreck like Amber Bock is tolerable from the tap, while the bottled version

CheeseHusker dos

Jan 31, 2010, 2:39:24 PM1/31/10

IAWTP - the wings pretty much suck.

If you have one in your area, try Quaker Steak and Lube - the wings
are much better and on Tuesdays, they're ayce.

Adam Xavier

Jan 31, 2010, 2:44:53 PM1/31/10

"mianderson" <miande...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Really? Way too high of a rating, IMO.

They get a D- from me and would get an F if it wasn't for the beer always
being ice cold. Ours has a terrible habit of having 1 waitress for every 10
or so tables. Drinks take forever to get refilled and I'm not sure who's
cooking in the back, but he must always be new because orders take forever
and are hardly ever 100% right for the table. The wings are okay, but the
sauces minus 2-3 are really bland. You're right about the rest of the
menu....it's bad. Burgers aren't good and their ribs are terrible. I usually
only go there if we're grabbing drinks.

Adam Xavier

Jan 31, 2010, 2:50:59 PM1/31/10

<deem...@aol.com> wrote in message

This x2.

Bars will vary greatly in their pours. Some will do 1.75 oz...some barely
1.25 oz....that's a huge difference when you consider a good bar does
500-1000 pours a night. Over pour by 1/6th and that's like giving away 160
free drinks for every 1,000. Under pour and that's like pouring 840 drinks
for every 1,000. I'd much rather visit the first bar. I'd much rather own
the second bar.

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 2:55:29 PM1/31/10
On Jan 31, 2:50 pm, "Adam Xavier" <ad...@dontbothernobodyshome.com>
wrote:
> <deemsb...@aol.com> wrote in message

yeah I agree with this....the bars that tend to pour more generally
have bartenders who dont measure and just pour the alcohol and mixer
in at the same time.....

that's a huge difference when you consider a good bar does
> 500-1000 pours a night. Over pour by 1/6th and that's like giving away 160
> free drinks for every 1,000.

another way to look at it: overpour by 1/6th and people know that you
pour more generously and go there. They key stat isn't how many
drinks you are "giving away"....it's how many you are selling.

If you have to give away 160 "free" drinks but bring just 15 extra
people to your club that night because of it, thats a good thing.

It's a balancing act.....

Cyclone Ranger

Jan 31, 2010, 3:30:07 PM1/31/10

I'm the other way around--while not great, I like BWW a great deal
more than QSL. I don't like the spices in QSL's batter/breading, and
they serve Pepsi products. Diet Pepsi tastes like Pine-Sol.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Jan 31, 2010, 4:20:45 PM1/31/10
Disculpa Senora Adam Xavier, pero did you really mime the following on
1/31/2010 2:44 PM???

I've never been to BWW, but their stock has made me some very good money :-)

Jaybyrd

Jan 31, 2010, 4:26:28 PM1/31/10
On Jan 31, 12:47 pm, mianderson <mianderso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> About 11-1115 or so last night a buddy picked me up and me, his gf,
> some other guy I didn't know, and two girls head down to buffalo wild
> wings to do two things:  eat a bunch of wings, drink a bunch of beer.

so let's see. A buddy, his girlfriend, some other guy and two
girls. Thats a total of how many people?

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 4:28:19 PM1/31/10

counting me...it would six....your point?

Jaybyrd

Jan 31, 2010, 4:31:52 PM1/31/10

are you SURE that it the right number?

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 4:33:12 PM1/31/10

if Im counting right sure.....

Peach

Jan 31, 2010, 4:39:35 PM1/31/10
> they serve Pepsi products. Diet Pepsi tastes like Pine-Sol.- Hide quoted text -

I like BWW's for their Buzztime Trivia. :-)

Peach

Cyclone Ranger

Jan 31, 2010, 4:56:00 PM1/31/10

Yea, verily. I clean up on that shiznit :-)

Jaybyrd

Jan 31, 2010, 6:00:43 PM1/31/10
> if Im counting right sure.....- Hide quoted text -

better count again

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 6:11:41 PM1/31/10

??? is this some kind of silly semantics game? "two girls" obviously
means two *other* girls.....

what are you even trying to say here?

Jaybyrd

Jan 31, 2010, 6:30:27 PM1/31/10

Well, you sometimes don't remember things in your "stories" from one
time to another. I'm just helping you get it right.

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 6:34:07 PM1/31/10

since you haven't said anything of substance to refute the initial
number I cited, you're doing a pretty poor damn job....which is the
norm for you I suppose.

Jaybyrd

Jan 31, 2010, 6:35:51 PM1/31/10

I'm not trying to refute anything. I'm trying to help you get it
right.

mianderson

Jan 31, 2010, 7:13:24 PM1/31/10

it was right.....before your initial comment...so you didn't do ****
to help(as usual).

tom_sa...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2010, 8:09:48 PM1/31/10
On Jan 31, 12:47 pm, mianderson <mianderso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> About 11-1115 or so last night a buddy picked me up and me, his gf,
> some other guy I didn't know, and two girls head down to buffalo wild
> wings to do two things: eat a bunch of wings, drink a bunch of beer.
>
> I walk in and the place is a little loud for me. It's the kind of
> loudness where you have to shout directly into the person's ear for
> them to hear you. I hate that. Other things I disliked about the
> place:

So what were your expectations ... high class dining?

> 1) they were playing country music...loudly of course. blah.

They play music to the locale. I've not heard country played here,
but it's catered to the prospective crowd.

> 2) it was too crowded at first to even get a booth, so we had to stand
> around the bar and down beers for 10 minutes until we miraculously got
> a booth.

Again, your expectations on a weekend night for such a place?

> 3) most of the waitresses were at least 7's, but there were a few 4's
> and 5's, which is unacceptable for a saturday night. If on a saturday
> night they have to bring in some 4's and 5's, I'd hate to imagine what
> the tuesday evening staff looks like.

The wife and I go to Buffalo Wild Wings from time to time because it's
a place that is close, fast and laid back. The Tuesday staff is the
Saturday staff, but it depends on who's working. One girl is a
nightmare on soles and the other is fast, efficient and cute. It just
depends.

> Back to the food....one of the girls ordered a cheesburger, and i
> tasted it and it was dreadful. Just dreadful. So my advice would be
> if you ever find yourself in a buffalo wild wings, just go with the
> wings and beer.
>
> Overall grade for the restaurant(assuming you just want beer and
> wings): C+

Imagine that ... going to a place named "wings" and recommending/
ordering "wings."

The wings are all right, but nothing great. However, there are times
when you might get a survey to fill out for free wings. When they ask
how the service and food was, I mark "as expected" ... not really
expecting much and getting good service but the food is "as expected."

Bruce Harper

Jan 31, 2010, 10:25:37 PM1/31/10
In article
<b574bd99-7861-4d86...@f11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
"deem...@aol.com" <deem...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 12:47�pm, mianderson <mianderso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > About 11-1115 or so last night a buddy picked me up and me, his gf,
> > some other guy I didn't know, and two girls head down to buffalo wild
> > wings to do two things: �eat a bunch of wings, drink a bunch of beer.
> >
> > I walk in and the place is a little loud for me. �It's the kind of
> > loudness where you have to shout directly into the person's ear for
> > them to hear you. �I hate that. �Other things I disliked about the
> > place:
> >

> > 1) they were playing country music...loudly of course. �blah.

> > 2) it was too crowded at first to even get a booth, so we had to stand
> > around the bar and down beers for 10 minutes until we miraculously got
> > a booth.

> > 3) most of the waitresses were at least 7's, but there were a few 4's
> > and 5's, which is unacceptable for a saturday night. �If on a saturday
> > night they have to bring in some 4's and 5's, I'd hate to imagine what
> > the tuesday evening staff looks like.
> >

> > I don't even look at the menu because I know I want wings and beer. �I
> > tell our waitress(thankfully one of the cute ones) to bring me a
> > pitcher of Amstel light. �She then asks how many different tickets we
> > need and the male douche I don't know says "just put it on the
> > underhill's tab". �Haha, I bet she only hears that about 50 times a
> > week, yet she still manages to laugh and show off perfect teeth.
> >
> > I get the honey mustard flavored wings(16 of them with celery and blue
> > cheese) and they are passable. �They are fairly big with a good bit of
> > meat on them. �The beer is cold and not watered down either. �After a
> > pitcher and a half the music is starting to annoy me less and the cute
> > girls my friend's gf brought along are starting to look hawter.
> > Unfortunately both are dumb, 20 or 21, attend a local junior college,
> > and say absolutely nothing interesting all night. �Where my friend
> > finds these type of girls I have no idea, but how the hell am I
> > supposed to hold a conversation with 20 year olds like this I don't
> > know.
> >

> > Back to the food....one of the girls ordered a cheesburger, and i
> > tasted it and it was dreadful. �Just dreadful. �So my advice would be
> > if you ever find yourself in a buffalo wild wings, just go with the
> > wings and beer.
> >
> > Overall grade for the restaurant(assuming you just want beer and
> > wings): C+
>

> Where do you find places that water down their beer?

Isn't light beer by definition beer-flavored water?

deem...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2010, 11:07:43 PM1/31/10
On Jan 31, 10:25 pm, Bruce Harper <vtweb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In article
> <b574bd99-7861-4d86-bae0-c2ca34559...@f11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

Especially Coors Light, but that's what you expect when you order
it.

Alexander_ The_Great

Feb 1, 2010, 12:06:03 AM2/1/10

Re: restaurant review: buffalo wild wings....

Group: rec.sport.football.college Date: Sun, Jan 31, 2010, 10:01am
(CST-2) From: jimbr...@yahoo.com (Jim Brown)
   Where do you find places that water down their beer?-
I dont know how anyone can even stand tap beer. I avoid cans as well. Of
course, I dont drink much anymore, but IIHATSAI, its in a bottle.
Draft beer is absolutely dreadful. Awful tasting, and will send you to
the throne room every time. I've been to BWW a few times myself, not
impressed, the best sports bars are usually the small mom and pop types.

Michael Press

Feb 1, 2010, 12:37:24 AM2/1/10
In article
<c168a7be-f943-418a...@x6g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
GrtArtiste <grtar...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 12:49 pm, mianderson <mianderso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > addendum:  It *may* have been a wild wings care.  Im actually not
> > sure.  Either way, is there a difference?
>
> Possibly not...but why bother posting if you're not sure? From your
> post-you liked the beer-the wings you ate were okay-you didn't like
> the music (which was probably played by another patron)-the place was
> busy (maybe not to your liking, but usually a positive rather than
> being negative). I've been to BW-3 numerous times. The most recent was
> for the tOSU-Navy game. I needed to provide transportation for others,
> but didn't have a ticket myself. I wouldn't attempt to go to the
> campus location on game day, but I found one on High St near Morse Rd.
> Excellent place for a game. Nothing wrong with the food (wings/wild
> and onion rings/lots). Only downside was being the designated driver
> so I had to be satisfied with non-beer. When I go for wings locally
> (Toledo), it's a coin flip between BW-3 and Fricker's (which also
> offers Keno...so I can lose money if I want to).

Why have a designated driver? Buy a taxi ride.

--
Michael Press

GrtArtiste

Feb 1, 2010, 5:24:44 AM2/1/10
On Feb 1, 12:37 am, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>  GrtArtiste <grtarti...@aol.com> wrote:
>When I go for wings locally
> > (Toledo), it's a coin flip between BW-3 and Fricker's (which also
> > offers Keno...so I can lose money if I want to).
>
> Why have a designated driver? Buy a taxi ride.
>
> --
> Michael Press

Because it's a 120 mile ride each way.

GrtArtiste

armpit

Feb 1, 2010, 6:31:10 AM2/1/10

--

Budweiser 55 is even worse. Tastes like watered down Bud Light.

The BorgMan

Feb 1, 2010, 1:34:52 PM2/1/10
"deem...@aol.com" <deem...@aol.com> wrote in

> er a

> d be

>> > � �Where do you find places that water down their beer?
>>

>> seems like some of the taps are different at different places......
>
> They're probably dirty. No one waters down beer....now,
> liquor......

Bingo.

Dirty taps (and the lines feeding them) are a naughty little secret of
bars.

Ain't no on watering down beer, and even liquor - they just pour weak,
not water down.

--
Aaron

Michael Press

Feb 1, 2010, 1:51:15 PM2/1/10
In article
<87f8ae40-8e0b-4c81...@19g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,
GrtArtiste <grtar...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Feb 1, 12:37 am, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >  GrtArtiste <grtarti...@aol.com> wrote:
> >When I go for wings locally
> > > (Toledo), it's a coin flip between BW-3 and Fricker's (which also
> > > offers Keno...so I can lose money if I want to).
> >
> > Why have a designated driver? Buy a taxi ride.
>

> Because it's a 120 mile ride each way.

Got it. Still a good idea in other circumstances.

--
Michael Press

Jim Gysin

Feb 1, 2010, 2:48:42 PM2/1/10

mianderson <miande...@gmail.com> sent the following on Sun, 31 Jan
2010 09:47:39 -0800 (PST):

> About 11-1115 or so last night a buddy picked me up and me, his gf,
> some other guy I didn't know, and two girls head down to buffalo wild
> wings to do two things: eat a bunch of wings, drink a bunch of beer.
>
> I walk in

Full stop. This might be your best bit yet, and I'm guessing that it
wasn't even part of the troll.

So... you're with a group, you type out a description of the group for
our benefit and surely have a few thoughts of the group as you're
typing, but then it's "I walk in," rather than "we walk in." If three
words could ever serve as a microcosm of All That Is Mia, I believe that
it must might be these three words.

--
Jim Gysin
Waukesha, WI

deem...@aol.com

Feb 1, 2010, 3:43:26 PM2/1/10
On Feb 1, 1:34 pm, The BorgMan <m...@me.net> wrote:

That was what I meant by watering down...putting less than a shot
where a shot is called for.

I've also seen well liquor put into expensive bottles.

Jaybyrd

Feb 1, 2010, 3:52:11 PM2/1/10

are you sure it was right? Better count again.

The BorgMan

Feb 1, 2010, 4:04:45 PM2/1/10

> On Feb 1, 1:34�pm, The BorgMan <m...@me.net> wrote:
>> "deemsb...@aol.com" <deemsb...@aol.com> wrote

>> innews:5e5cde6f-a218-48c2-9
> 424-562f...@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

This one can usually be fixed by tipping well... something I learned well
having a mother who is a bartender.

> I've also seen well liquor put into expensive bottles.

Yep... although that one is a lot easier to get nailed for.

--
Aaron

Anarchist Ruffain of Notre Dame

Feb 1, 2010, 4:06:47 PM2/1/10
On Feb 1, 12:37 am, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <c168a7be-f943-418a-b737-11e6159a0...@x6g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,

Around here, these folks have an interesting business concept- they
come and drive you home in your car. Another odd idea I heard once- if
you're too tipsy to get home, call a tow truck.

http://www.thedesignate.com/1_3_how_it_works.htm

David V. Loewe, Jr

Feb 1, 2010, 10:51:50 PM2/1/10

So drink regular Pepsi...
--
"Red meat is NOT bad for you. Now blue-green meat, THAT'S
bad for you!"

Cyclone Ranger

Feb 2, 2010, 12:00:08 AM2/2/10
On Feb 1, 9:51 pm, "David V. Loewe, Jr" <davelo...@charter.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:30:07 -0800 (PST), Cyclone Ranger
>
> <damonhy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 31, 1:39 pm, CheeseHusker dos <jonrus...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> If you have one in your area, try Quaker Steak and Lube - the wings
> >> are much better and on Tuesdays, they're ayce.
>
> >I'm the other way around--while not great, I like BWW a great deal
> >more than QSL.  I don't like the spices in QSL's batter/breading, and
> >they serve Pepsi products. Diet Pepsi tastes like Pine-Sol.
>
> So drink regular Pepsi...
> --
> "Red meat is NOT bad for you.  Now blue-green meat, THAT'S
>  bad for you!"
>                 - Tommy Smothers

I haven't had a sugar-pop since 1986, and ain't about to start. :-)

Anthony Summers

Feb 2, 2010, 12:06:33 AM2/2/10
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:00:08 -0800 (PST), Cyclone Ranger wrote...

> I haven't had a sugar-pop since 1986, and ain't about to start. :-)

Yeah, but why the Hell are you drinking Pine-Sol?

--
A. Summers || summerstorm0007-->at<--yahoo.com

Cyclone Ranger

Feb 2, 2010, 12:23:42 AM2/2/10

It's either that or water. Come to think of it, you have a point.

Michael Press

Feb 2, 2010, 7:40:54 PM2/2/10
In article
<3e72c5fe-40e5-4468...@m16g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
"deem...@aol.com" <deem...@aol.com> wrote:

What is a shot? Generally it is 1.25 to 1.50 fluid oz (37 to 44 milliliter).
A well run bar will do worse when the customer is intent upon getting
fully liquored up. They will float a few drops of whiskey on top
of glass that is mostly water.

--
Michael Press

mianderson

Feb 2, 2010, 9:11:20 PM2/2/10
On Feb 2, 7:40 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <3e72c5fe-40e5-4468-baf8-1861be659...@m16g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

I disagree with this......

bars/clubs are more interested in getting more people in and then
those people buying more drinks........

saving 35 cents here and there on a drink(from the point of the bar/
club buying liqior) is far less important than not losing extra 6.50
drink buys(with 600% profit margins) by word of mouth..........

> --
> Michael Press

Jaybyrd

Feb 2, 2010, 9:36:22 PM2/2/10

but there's always the need for tipping. Which keeps cheapskates
away.

mianderson

Feb 2, 2010, 9:37:55 PM2/2/10

no, there actually isn't

HTH

Jaybyrd

Feb 2, 2010, 9:41:31 PM2/2/10

I guess you like the taste of urine and spit

mianderson

Feb 2, 2010, 9:43:26 PM2/2/10

If I can't taste it and/or don't know....well I don't care. As I said
before, I will never be intimidated by waiters/waitresses who....I've
gotten a few fired, which I actually am proud of.

Jaybyrd

Feb 2, 2010, 9:45:55 PM2/2/10

then you went home and killed some puppies right?

mianderson

Feb 2, 2010, 9:46:52 PM2/2/10

ummm....no.

Michael Press

Feb 3, 2010, 12:05:01 AM2/3/10
In article
<fb8ec667-a56a-4c15...@y12g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
mianderson <miande...@gmail.com> wrote:

Totally missing the point. They are not trying to save money,
they are trying to limit the alcohol intake of somebody.

--
Michael Press

Jaybyrd

Feb 3, 2010, 10:37:41 AM2/3/10
> ummm....no.- Hide quoted text -

well I don't believe you'd actually do it either. But you do make up
a lot of nutty stuff just to get attention. Works much better than a
blog!

The BorgMan

Feb 3, 2010, 10:51:17 AM2/3/10

> On Feb 2, 9:36�pm, Jaybyrd <jaybyrdb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 8-48c2-9424-...@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

> her. �Aft

Enjoy your weak drinks...

Or stick to bars with the electronic pour measurers.

--
Aaron