Sixth Wordle Thread

xyzzy

May 15, 2022, 12:52:57β€―PM5/15/22
Getting to be a PITA to scroll through the last one.

Wordle 330 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 74/100
Luck 51/100

--
β€œI usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” β€” Altie

unclejr

May 15, 2022, 2:15:19β€―PM5/15/22
Wordle 330 3/6*

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 96/100
Luck 66/100

xyzzy

May 16, 2022, 7:14:46β€―AM5/16/22
Wordle 331 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 77/100
Luck 53/100

JGibson

May 16, 2022, 9:13:45β€―AM5/16/22
I will say, I don't know that I was thinking with guess #5, which had one letter placed in the same exact wrong place that I put it in #4. I don't know how to make WordleBot work, but I think I'm glad I'm not seeing it on this one:

Wordle 331 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

xyzzy

May 16, 2022, 9:28:54β€―AM5/16/22
To use Wordle not just go to
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/upshot/wordle-bot.html in the same
browser you did Wordle in

JGibson

May 16, 2022, 9:30:47β€―AM5/16/22
It seems I have reached my limit of free articles, which blocks WordleBot

xyzzy

May 16, 2022, 9:35:39β€―AM5/16/22
That’s odd I’ve never heard of that. But I am a NYT subscriber so….

JGibson

May 16, 2022, 9:57:51β€―AM5/16/22
You reminded me that I can actually get in through an account associated with my institution. Did that.

Wordle 331 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 63/100
Luck 30/100

mercellusb

May 16, 2022, 10:23:14β€―AM5/16/22
Skill 95/100
Luck 47/100

unclejr

May 16, 2022, 10:43:07β€―AM5/16/22
Wordle 331 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 68/100
Luck 52/100

mercellusb

May 17, 2022, 8:28:03β€―AM5/17/22
Wordle 332 2/6

πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 99/100
Luck 99/100

unclejr

May 17, 2022, 11:47:43β€―AM5/17/22
Wordle 332 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 78/100
Luck 61/100

xyzzy

May 17, 2022, 12:25:58β€―PM5/17/22
Dayum. Here’s my lame-ass offering.

Wordle 332 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 90/100
Luck 47/100

JGibson

May 17, 2022, 2:11:44β€―PM5/17/22
Wordle 332 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skill 93/100
Luck 51/100

Having problems directly sharing from WordleBot, but not Wordle, so you'll have to trust me on my hand-written scores.

mercellusb

May 18, 2022, 7:49:32β€―AM5/18/22
Wordle 333 4/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 80/100
Luck 56/100

mercellusb

May 18, 2022, 8:31:21β€―AM5/18/22
Yeah, not sure what the worlde bot looks at…off the top of my head, the my skill number should be much lower, unless there is a skill in picking almost the correct word on first guess.

JGibson

May 18, 2022, 9:17:25β€―AM5/18/22
Wordle 333 3/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 86/100
Luck 86/100

xyzzy

May 18, 2022, 11:15:35β€―AM5/18/22
One of my better results.

Wordle 333 3/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 97/100
Luck 77/100

xyzzy

May 18, 2022, 11:17:46β€―AM5/18/22
I think skill is how many possible words your guess would eliminate on
average. Luck is the difference between that and how many possible words
your guess actually eliminated.

unclejr

May 18, 2022, 11:52:25β€―AM5/18/22
Wordle 333 3/6*

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 84/100
Luck 83/100

mercellusb

May 19, 2022, 8:54:00β€―AM5/19/22
Wordle 334 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 76/100
Luck 50/100

JGibson

May 19, 2022, 9:39:34β€―AM5/19/22
Wordle 334 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 56/100
Luck 57/100

I thought my line-by-line skill score was interesting:
88
74 - solid choice, narrowed it down to 2 solutions
50 - your guess eliminated 1 of the 2 solutions, but this itself is not a solution. 1 solution left, you should get it in your next turn
0 - there was only one possible solution left, and this wasn't it (although it is a valid word)
99 - there was only possible solution left, and you got it.

Skill score ignores line 1 and is based on (74+50+0+99)/4

mercellusb

May 19, 2022, 11:43:07β€―AM5/19/22
where do you get the line by line score? I don't keep up

JGibson

May 19, 2022, 11:59:27β€―AM5/19/22
Now that I found wordlebot, it was just a matter of hitting the right scroll bar arrows on that page.

unclejr

May 19, 2022, 12:31:23β€―PM5/19/22
Not a good day of Wordle for me.
Wordle 334 6/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 75/100
Luck 35/100

xyzzy

May 19, 2022, 6:08:18β€―PM5/19/22
Par for me. Especially since my skill score exactly matched the national
average.

Wordle 334 4/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 77/100
Luck 65/100

mercellusb

May 20, 2022, 10:28:50β€―AM5/20/22
Wordle 335 6/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 61/100
Luck 42/100

my college years summary by worlde bot

JGibson

May 20, 2022, 10:47:03β€―AM5/20/22
Skill 84/100
Luck 26/100

Rotten luck today. But it's interesting how the last two rows skill scores brought up my average skill to something I probably didn't deserve.

Line-by-line:
Skill 88 / Luck 23
Skill 76 / Luck 10
Skill 83 / Luck 9
Skill 61 / Luck 21 [This is really the last line that required any skill, and my skill score stinks here]
Skill 99 / Luck 20
Skill 99 / Luck 75

unclejr

May 20, 2022, 11:56:02β€―AM5/20/22
Wordle 335 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 90/100
Luck 46/100

xyzzy

May 20, 2022, 3:57:56β€―PM5/20/22
Not an exemplary performance from me today.

Wordle 335 6/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 55/100
Luck 40/100

Line by line Wordlebot score:
95/63
67/27
69/20
26/33 (ouch)
13/25 (oucher)
99/75

mercellusb

May 21, 2022, 9:53:00β€―AM5/21/22
Wordle 336 X/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›

WordleBot
Skill 57/100
Luck 40/100

looser

unclejr

May 21, 2022, 10:43:47β€―AM5/21/22
Wordle 336 4/6*

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 89/100
Luck 58/100

xyzzy

May 21, 2022, 10:55:14β€―AM5/21/22
At least you answered a question I had, would Wordle Bot score a losing
game.

mercellusb

May 21, 2022, 12:35:28β€―PM5/21/22
you're welcome

unclejr

May 22, 2022, 11:03:23β€―AM5/22/22
Wordle 337 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 95/100
Luck 52/100

unclejr

May 23, 2022, 10:22:39β€―AM5/23/22
Wordle 338 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 85/100
Luck 46/100

xyzzy

May 24, 2022, 7:22:33β€―AM5/24/22
Wordle 339 4/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 91/100
Luck 45/100

unclejr

May 24, 2022, 9:33:38β€―AM5/24/22
Wordle 339 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 82/100
Luck 45/100

xyzzy

May 25, 2022, 7:51:06β€―AM5/25/22
Skill 96/100
Luck 30/100

JGibson

May 25, 2022, 10:07:59β€―AM5/25/22
Skill 98/100
Luck 62/100

I'm surprised my luck is that low. I noticed another word well after the fact that could have fit as well.

unclejr

May 25, 2022, 8:25:18β€―PM5/25/22
Wordle 340 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 91/100
Luck 49/100

xyzzy

May 26, 2022, 8:16:30β€―AM5/26/22
Got today’s in three with impressive Wordlebot scores but in reality it
took me nearly 20 minutes to think of ANY word for my third guess (which
Wordlebot says was the only possibility by that time).

Wordle 341 3/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 95/100
Luck 81/100

JGibson

May 26, 2022, 3:48:26β€―PM5/26/22
Good skill and bad luck for me today:

Wordle 341 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 91/100
Luck 22/100

JGibson

May 26, 2022, 3:51:02β€―PM5/26/22
Yeah, sometimes it's a good thing it doesn't rate me on time. I put down album the other day because I just could not see that word. I came back hours later and guessed almud. At least that got me the misplaced m, and I was able to finally figure out album.

Tim VanWagoner

May 26, 2022, 4:44:25β€―PM5/26/22
I think there might have been 1 word even possible for the second guess after that initial start. So a lucky slam dunk 2.

Wordle 341 2/6*

⬜🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

May 26, 2022, 7:27:53β€―PM5/26/22
Wordle 341 3/6*

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 99/100
Luck 79/100

Eric Ramon

May 26, 2022, 9:29:02β€―PM5/26/22
I'm enjoying seeing the skill level of all of these. You might have (or not) noticed I haven't posted mine lately. It's because that starter word being the "word", thus a 1, has made me not care much if I get a 2 or a 6. Now I'm just playing to keep my streak alive. It's usually a 4, but eh.

xyzzy

May 27, 2022, 7:24:10β€―AM5/27/22
Wordle 342 3/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 86/100
Luck 70/100

xyzzy

May 27, 2022, 7:27:47β€―AM5/27/22
My approach is the opposite. I’ve had multiple streak breaks including last
weekend when I didn’t play because we were on vacation in the mountains and
had better things to do.

So now I’m trying to improve skill and luck.

JGibson

May 27, 2022, 8:36:21β€―AM5/27/22
I've read through some of the line-by-line suggestions in hoping to improve my skill, but how do you improve your luck?

unclejr

May 27, 2022, 7:36:57β€―PM5/27/22
Wordle 342 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 99/100
Luck 44/100

Tim VanWagoner

May 27, 2022, 10:21:01β€―PM5/27/22
Never read anything about increasing skill - so my strategy might just be similar to others. I just start with a combination that dramatically limits options on subsequent steps. I guess that’s a combination of both skill and luck.

Wordle 342 3/6*

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

xyzzy

May 28, 2022, 8:14:17β€―AM5/28/22
Make luckier guesses, duh

xyzzy

May 28, 2022, 8:26:54β€―AM5/28/22
Or by not making dumn guesses, like my guess # 4 on today’s. My guess #4
was dumn because it had the same fourth letter as the previous guess. So
zero skill and zero luck for that one.

Wordle 343 5/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 62/100
Luck 48/100

Tim VanWagoner

May 28, 2022, 9:23:09β€―AM5/28/22

Tim VanWagoner

May 28, 2022, 9:23:29β€―AM5/28/22
On Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 7:26:54 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
Wordle 343 4/6*

🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩