I hate sports

unclejr

Oct 24, 2021, 12:16:58 AM10/24/21
I hate college football.

I hate baseball.

Fuck you.

sports

Oct 24, 2021, 1:47:13 AM10/24/21
On 23 Oct 2021, unclejr <wats...@gmail.com> posted some news:6c05b77c-
bb1c-4588-a3a9...@googlegroups.com:

> I hate college football.
>
> I hate baseball.
>
> Fuck you.

You hate Donald Trump too, but he lives in Florida and you live in the
national dumping ground for unwanted refugees.

Michael Falkner

Oct 24, 2021, 2:22:21 AM10/24/21
The best team does not win unless the riggers can't do anything about it, the team is politically connected enough that TPTB want them to win, or the season is somehow rendered irrelevant through outside forces.

Mike

Michael Falkner

Oct 24, 2021, 2:22:50 AM10/24/21
On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 10:47:13 PM UTC-7, sports wrote:

> You hate Donald Trump too, but he lives in Florida and you live in the
> national dumping ground for unwanted refugees.

Keep smarting off, troll, and you'll be the national dumping ground for violence.

Mike
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnny RSFCootball

Oct 24, 2021, 8:33:40 AM10/24/21
Bad weekend for LA sports so far:

Kings and Lakers lost on Friday.
Dodgers, Clips, USC, and UCLA lost on Saturday.

The bright side: Galaxy and LAFC had draws.

Rams play Lions today, so there’s a ray of sunshine on the horizon.

unclejr

Oct 24, 2021, 8:46:25 AM10/24/21
The fact that Cal-Los Angeles lost is the one ray of sunshine from the weekend thus far.

Johnny RSFCootball

Oct 24, 2021, 8:34:41 PM10/24/21
On Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 7:33:40 AM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
The drought is over! A team from LA won a game in a sport.

Eric Ramon

Oct 24, 2021, 9:01:23 PM10/24/21
poor Lions!
Message has been deleted

mercellusb

Oct 25, 2021, 10:55:15 AM10/25/21
On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 10:54:45 AM UTC-4, mercellusb wrote:
> Football in general is the suck this year for me (Saints? Chiefs? Texans? Red Raiders?)
>
> My growing fondness for baseball knows no bounds (go Stros).

Michael Falkner

Oct 25, 2021, 2:00:52 PM10/25/21
You have Rob Manfred and half the National League to thank for that.

Fuck the Assholes and FUCK ROB MANFRED.

Mike

mercellusb

Oct 25, 2021, 4:20:35 PM10/25/21
You must be one of those "baseball purists" I've heard so much about.

Michael Falkner

Oct 25, 2021, 10:14:24 PM10/25/21
On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 1:20:35 PM UTC-7, mercellusb wrote:

> You must be one of those "baseball purists" I've heard so much about.

Unlike some, including what appears to be the Commissioner, I've been taught to respect the traditions of the game -- mostly after Landis died.

Mike

unclejr

Oct 26, 2021, 9:26:46 AM10/26/21
I consider the Raiders a "home" team too -- even though they moved back to Oakland and then to Las Vegas.

Johnny RSFCootball

Oct 26, 2021, 9:44:04 AM10/26/21
Is this a generational thing? I could see where middle aged people who grew up in the area might still associate the Raiders with LA, but younger people and people who moved to the area within the last couple of decades might not feel the connection.

Also it’s interesting that LA people still root for the Raiders. A lot of cities that lose a relocating team turn the franchise into public enemies. I wonder if it’s due to the fact the Raiders had already relocated from somewhere else. Sort of like if you’re gf was cheating on someone else when you first starting dating, then you can’t be too shocked if she cheats on you later, even if it’s with her former bf.

unclejr

Oct 26, 2021, 2:20:40 PM10/26/21
I lived in L.A. from 1982-1986, which coincides with my four years in college. I watched the Raiders play at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum on Sundays enough to have a connection with the team.

Yes, L.A. was the Raiders side piece. As such, I wasn't mad when they moved back to Oakland.

JGibson

Oct 26, 2021, 2:27:26 PM10/26/21
I went to college in the LA area from 1991-1995, right before both LA teams left the place. Having grown up not near an NFL team meant I got 3 NFL games per day. Thanks to the Rams/Raiders and their constant blackouts, we never had a choice about which game to watch. It was the Raiders/Rams road games, and then something actually good. Except one year, looking forward to the 49ers/Cowboys game, the Rams play the Raiders, sell out, and that's our TV game over the 49ers/Cowboys. I've held my time there against both the Raiders and Rams ever since. Although I was in-person for the last Rams victory before they left for St. Louis.